Old 06-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #1  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default IP Daily Chat for Thursday, June 21

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
How to Create Multiple Quotes / Responses Thank you Kaypix

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #2  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning all! I'm up earlier than usual for the 1 1/2 hr drive to WI. It has been two (long) weeks with very little movement on my scales at home. I'm hoping for a 5 lb loss since last WI, so we'll see.

Good luck to all that WI today; stay 100% OP!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #3  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Go Iris! I hope for any loss for my WI today.

Have a great day Peeps. ��
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everybody
Its gonna be hot hot hot in Jersey today. (yes Rainbowsmiles, us Jersey girls are tough .. ROFL) I will be working on my pond today. I had put some algecide in it a few days ago and yesterday it hit almost 100 degrees and now my koi fish are all stressed out due to low oxygen levels. I realy hope I can fix it before I lose them. My sis in law also invited herself over to swim today (no, not in the pond, lol) so I guess I will have to also entertain a little.

Have a great day everyone... wishes for a skinny day to everyone!
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning all! I'm up earlier than usual for the 1 1/2 hr drive to WI. It has been two (long) weeks with very little movement on my scales at home. I'm hoping for a 5 lb loss since last WI, so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Good luck today you guys.. no matter what you are still losers!
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Your almost to goal! I am really proud of you! I bet your kids and hubby are too. I'm okay with what ever I get or dont get today. Your off week a few weeks back obviously didn't slow things down much for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Awe thanks so much Really I'm just a nerd.

You are most welcome

Congratulations you are doing amazing!

'
Welcome to the forums!

COOKING BAKING WAY TO GO!!!! My hubby informed that "you are looking d-a-m-(n) good hunny" earlier this week, and cookie baking is definitely a powerful motivator!

I'm back in from painting, or up rather, from working on painting motorcycle parts, yet another night (yargh!) and I am so ready for this project to be done. Have a big push to finish it tomorrow night while DH rebuilds his back wheel area and brake, and hopefully parts from europe come in so he can build the front end. Didn't get a chance to write my fun blog post today besides a humor one to cheer me up, didn't do ANY research, or work on my recipe book, or clean the house...dangit! Oh well, once the bike is back together I'll be able to get that stuff done. Off to bed with me, see you all tomorrow!

~Kara
Mmmmm cookies, still smiling. Wonder what needs painting today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Try not to drink too much before your WI unless it's late. You've done so darn well you are bound to have a slow week. Keep baking those cookies great exersize!
Yeah I usually don't and actually stained a wall yesterday in 90+ heat. It was a Huge NSV for me, something I couldn't have done three months ago, I wouldn't even tried. So it has been a good week either way.

I've been target shooting with my two youngest the last two days, they are learning with their .22 rifles and having fun. The smiles are priceless. They made me promise we could go every day the rest of this week, I'm on vacation / Daddy day care with them until day camp next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
Hey everyone, long day today, and just finaly finishing reading some of the posts from today's threads. Was supposed to have WI #3 today, but my coach was sick so I decided to postpone for another week but I did WI at home, and am using that as my current weight. So it looks like another 6 pound loss. I'm really happy with that. That makes it 22 pounds in 3 weeks.

I had a rough night, as my wife is out of town for the evening, and so I had to take my youngest to his soccer game right after work. The problem is we had to leave early. So I had some left over roast beef, and pork souvlaki in the fridge that I got ready at lunch time. Grabbed my protein, water, and salad and headed out. We had to drive 45 minutes out of town to play today, so no big deal, I picked my son up a sub sandwich, and I had my own food and we were gone. Got to the soccer field, and pulled my food out ... well the souvlaki is gone, my other son decided to eat it Needless to say, I was not impressed. That left me with about 2 ounces of roast beef. I've been eating between 7 and 8 ounces, so I was not a happy camper. When I got home, I decided to have a 2nd restricted as I was quite hungry. Oh well, I don't think it will be too big of a deal. I've already done that about 3 time before and it didn't affect me. Anyway, just waiting for my DW, hopefully she make it home safe. She hopes to be home by midnight tonight.
I keep a few extra packets in my truck for emergencies. A RTD shake and some non chocolate soy snacks so they don't melt. Awesome job staying OP. I wouldn't worry about the extra restricted. You must have been soooooo hungry. Do you have a Subway locally? If you can buy their subs for you boys you can get a pretty good salad from them with oil and vinegar dressing.

Again. Good work man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsaenz1 View Post
hello everyone, im new to this forum but I have been on IP for about a month now and i have lost a total of 32 lbs but it has gotten too expensive for me (im a college student) iv been doing my research on the whey protein used in the IP shakes and I was wondering if anyone here has tried the "IP" diet with another type of protein shake and other vitamins? The closest protein shake i have found to the IP chocolate shakes is the whey protein by jay robb, it has less fat, less carbs, and a little more protein than the IP shakes. Has anyone here tried doing the IP type diet without the IP products and high price? Im going to try it like this for a few weeks and ill report back to let everyone know if it worked or if it failed miserably
Welcome aboard.

Yes lots of people are doing just "alternatives" and are very successful. Check out the top two threads/ stickies and look for the info on alternatives. You will be happy you did. Good luck.

Here are two links.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-reviews.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ions-here.html

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-21-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Isn't funny that we are all happy to be losers!?!? LOL, as a kid that was the biggest insult in the world. I can just picture some mean kid holding their thumb and index finger shaped like an "L" up to their forehead giving the international "loser" sign. Now I celebrate being a loser.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Good morning and GOOD LUCK on the WI!!!
cyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

hey i finally figured out the multi thread! Have a good drive - hope the weather there is better than here. 100 in Philly today. Good luck on the WI!

Quote:

You too!

Quote:
Good morning everybody
Its gonna be hot hot hot in Jersey today. (yes Rainbowsmiles, us Jersey girls are tough .. ROFL) I will be working on my pond today. I had put some algecide in it a few days ago and yesterday it hit almost 100 degrees and now my koi fish are all stressed out due to low oxygen levels. I realy hope I can fix it before I lose them. My sis in law also invited herself over to swim today (no, not in the pond, lol) so I guess I will have to also entertain a little.

Reminds me of the line from Caddyshack. We have a pool and a pond... Cadu all that Jersey hot will bring us great Jersey corn and tomatoes! Have a great day!
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday! I feel a little lighter this morning, and I think it is because of reading all the happiness of yesterdays threads. Its great being a part of such an encouraging group!! It keeps me motivated to succeed. Fab losses all!
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Morning Losers! I now want a baseball cap with an "L" on it! Leaving for vacation today and instead of packing the car I am checking the website! Maybe I really am a Loser! We aren't leaving until tonight so I still have time.

I had all the cousins at my house this weekend, (5 teenagers) and they decided to make cookies. (not "baking cookies", actual cookies ) Anyway, they of course made up a whole batch of cookie dough then baked one tray of cookies when they decided to move onto other forms of entertainment. So I walk into the kitchen and the cookies and the dough are staring me in the face.

This would have been my moment to grab a spoon and dig in. Seven months ago I would have started with a small bite of dough and by the end of the afternoon would have consumed the entire bowl. So I looked at it and wondered why I didn't even want a bite. I realized that one bite of that could have lead me down a road I have no intention of ever traveling again. While I know that bite would taste really yummy for a moment, I also know that a few moments after I ate it I would need one more bite. I would feel the same way after taking the bite as I did before only my will power would have declined. I am not sure if I am making sense here but I realized that there is not enough cookie dough in the world to make me "full of cookie dough" and satisfied. Yet not eating the cookie dough made me feel satisfied.

Sorry to ramble it was an important moment for me that I don't think I expressed very well. I love that I now have some willpower and feel good about it. It makes me feel that I can keep this weight off for real this time!

Enough deep thought for the morning, I have to go irrigate the pastures so my sheep can get fat!

I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day!
salmongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Okay my favorite line from the pool was the Baby Ruth Candy bar. But that's the little boy in me.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Morning Losers! I now want a baseball cap with an "L" on it! Leaving for vacation today and instead of packing the car I am checking the website! Maybe I really am a Loser! We aren't leaving until tonight so I still have time.

I had all the cousins at my house this weekend, (5 teenagers) and they decided to make cookies. (not "baking cookies", actual cookies ) Anyway, they of course made up a whole batch of cookie dough then baked one tray of cookies when they decided to move onto other forms of entertainment. So I walk into the kitchen and the cookies and the dough are staring me in the face.

This would have been my moment to grab a spoon and dig in. Seven months ago I would have started with a small bite of dough and by the end of the afternoon would have consumed the entire bowl. So I looked at it and wondered why I didn't even want a bite. I realized that one bite of that could have lead me down a road I have no intention of ever traveling again. While I know that bite would taste really yummy for a moment, I also know that a few moments after I ate it I would need one more bite. I would feel the same way after taking the bite as I did before only my will power would have declined. I am not sure if I am making sense here but I realized that there is not enough cookie dough in the world to make me "full of cookie dough" and satisfied. Yet not eating the cookie dough made me feel satisfied.

Sorry to ramble it was an important moment for me that I don't think I expressed very well. I love that I now have some willpower and feel good about it. It makes me feel that I can keep this weight off for real this time!

Enough deep thought for the morning, I have to go irrigate the pastures so my sheep can get fat!

I completely understand...and you made tears come to my eyes! Wuv said to me a few weeks ago 'celebrate events, not food'. For me - growing up in a big Italian family, it was always food..for any event. Last night my hubby and son had spaghetti. My first reaction was 'mmm...' then I looked at it and thought - no, I really don't want it. And I remembered how I felt when I had to tighten my watch loop. Your superwoman cape is tied up tight - keep it up!
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #14  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post

Great NSV, avoiding the first bite of that cookie dough. It's great that you'v got that self-awareness now. BTW, I've been wondering how you're doing with your itchy scalp? I tried a couple of pretty simple natural-health oriented things that do seemed to have helped mine. Feel free to send me a PM if you want more info.

Quote:
Okay my favorite line from the pool was the Baby Ruth Candy bar. But that's the little boy in me.
That made me laugh.... if I recall the correct scene, he cleared the pool in one heck of a hurry! BTW, I too am smiing about your 'baking cookies' story from late last night. I think it's great that your weight loss is improving your life in this way too.

Good luck with your WI today. Regardless of what the scale says today at WI, you are doing so well. We'll all be here cheering for you when you reach the -100 lbs... whether that's today or next WI... makes no matter really .... it's coming!! soon!!

---------------------

I'm in the heat wave zone, so it's going to be another scorcher here today. I love heat, but find the current high levels of humidity difficult. However my balcony garden is loving it.... everything has been growing great guns.

Today will be pretty much 'business as usual' for me. Nothing new to report.

I just wanted to pop in and wish my fellow IPs a great OP Day.

Last edited by evepet; 06-21-2012 at 08:58 AM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #15  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Good morning everybody
Carol, you make me smile EVERY morning I read your posts Just wanted you to know that you're a huge inspiration, I hope your pond turns out beautifully and your fish get a therapist to help them unstress a little (JK I know how fish can stress in changing conditions and hope it balances fast for them), do they make some kind of anti-shock to help them or 02 system? My mother In law had a pond, it never had anything other than some goldfish (like, the $0.15 ones from Walmart) and they all died...and algae and scum...*gag* Stay cool and skinny lady!

Quote:
Painting today
Yesterday I painted a radiator cover, side panel, kickstand and mount, belt guard cover and two vents, today I'm going to need to paint the other side panel for the radiator cover, after freaking sanding it down cuz I botched it hardcore yesterday, an air box cover...something...else...forgetting...oh, front fender, finish the vents (need 2 more coats of top cover) and then done, I hope...I'll post pics of before and after when it's all said and done. Here is me two days ago after getting ready to paint, being a goof, which I do...kind of frequently...
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote