Old 06-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #121  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Just double checked my sheet. It is a restricted item but not to 2x per week, at least according to my sheet.. But still, there goes my lunch of choice.. :-/ Kinda annoys me that she just lets me eat it for lunch every day. I don't eat bars/cookies/other restricted items everyday, but I like to have the option. Argh. I'm emailing her now.
This came from the sheet dated 5/12...You are correct, its not limited to twice a week, its the spaghatti that is.....Restricted Foods - only 1 of the following Ideal Protein Foods are permitted per day; All Bars, Soy Puffs, Chili,
Oatmeal, Pancakes, Soy Nuts, Salt and Vinegar & BBQ Ridges, Southwest Cheese Curls (Spaghetti is permitted a
maximum of 2 x’s per week
)
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
This came from the sheet dated 5/12...You are correct, its not limited to twice a week, its the spaghatti that is.....Restricted Foods - only 1 of the following Ideal Protein Foods are permitted per day; All Bars, Soy Puffs, Chili,
Oatmeal, Pancakes, Soy Nuts, Salt and Vinegar & BBQ Ridges, Southwest Cheese Curls (Spaghetti is permitted a
maximum of 2 x’s per week
)
thanks i guess i just drink more shakes.. oh yay.. lol
darcrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Just double checked my sheet. It is a restricted item but not to 2x per week, at least according to my sheet.. But still, there goes my lunch of choice.. :-/ Kinda annoys me that she just lets me eat it for lunch every day. I don't eat bars/cookies/other restricted items everyday, but I like to have the option. Argh. I'm emailing her now.
Darcrista, so sorry you had to find out about your chili like this, but I'm glad now you have the right information!

Has anyone else ate two restricted in a day before? Did it knock you out of ketosis?
MiamiCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #124  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiCajun View Post
Darcrista, so sorry you had to find out about your chili like this, but I'm glad now you have the right information!

Has anyone else ate two restricted in a day before? Did it knock you out of ketosis?
For the first 2 weeks I ate 2 bars a day, I wasn't explained it well enough. First week I loss 9.8lbs and second week 8.5 so I didn't have a problem eating 2 a day. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though, this is just what happened to me. I have never again had 2 restricted in one day
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #125  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I had a great WI today; down 4.1 lbs this week!!
<~~~~ see that smile....i KNOW THAT IS WHAT YOUR SMILE LOOKS LIKE right about now!!! I am so happy for you because YOU so deserve to know in your heart that everything you are doing, all the right choices ARE WORKING and YOU ARE DOING THIS!!! So proud of you!!!

[QUOTE=patns;4379488]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
is there such a thing as an ex-carb addict??? oooh that gives me hope!!

QUOTE]

Nope, I'm afraid there isn't. That's why if you visit the maintenance thread you will notice everyone treading very carefully as we add food back.

Pat
yeah....thats what i thought...once a carb addict always a carb addict....le sigh....

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 06-21-2012 at 07:08 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
I haven't posted in a while, just been lurking around in the background....
Started Phase 3 on Sunday and no one told me that it would feel like when I started IP. I felt foggy and tired and then at 2:00 am this morning the energy hit me, woke me up and wow I couldn't shut my brain off to go back to sleep. Finally at 3:00 am, I fell back to sleep until my alarm. When I woke up I was so refreshed and am still feeling fantastic, who knew????
I was concerned about putting the food back in my diet, but I must be doing something right, as I am still losing weight. This plan is fantastic, if you stay true and don't cheat.

Have a super day everyone!
Cindy
I agree, you can feel so great and still lose weight on Phase 3, I did also.

[quote=reneepw;4379048
My advice - take a self defense class. There's something very very empowering about learning how to fight; how to use self defense moves etc. The more you train, the more these moves become ingrained in muscle memory. I laugh at myself because now whenever I'm in a crowded situation, especially when traveling, i find myself 'relaxing' into a fighting stance - one foot back, one forward, rocking back and forth. You gain confidence a little at a time through the training. Best thing I ever did! i train with tiger schulmann's mma in PA, but there are lots of good schools you can find![/quote]
I'm going to look into local self defense/karate etc. training schools. They must have short program, just want to be able to take care of myself if something happened.

Quote:
Yup, starting as a coach next tuesday at 10am
You will be the best coach! They are so lucky to have you!! If you were local, I would go from alternatives to IP just to have you as my coach!
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=rainbowsmiles;4379538] <~~~~ see that smile....i KNOW THAT IS WHAT YOUR SMILE LOOKS LIKE right about now!!! I am so happy for you because YOU so deserve to know in your heart that everything you are doing, all the right choices ARE WORKING and YOU ARE DOING THIS!!! So proud of you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post

yeah....thats what i thought...once a carb addict always a carb addict....le sigh....
You are such a nice person!!! Thanks for all the encouragement!! Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!! I'm feeling the Love!! Love you back!
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #128  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Quote:
Yup, In Ocean Springs Ms...where in La are you from?
I live in Natchitoches... found in central Louisiana.
Volly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #129  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Talking Happy WI

WI #5 done..... Down another -4.4 pounds!!! .... Hello 180's!!!

So happy I found IP & this site.....I am also finally proud of myself & willpower
Ravenswood2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
I need some help from y'all. I am headed to DC on Sunday for a business trip. I am in meetings from 8:00 in the morning through the night for a period of three days. How should I handle the food situation? Many of the meals are provided, and you know how that goes. I know I can bring my packets, but I will not be able to go back and forth to the hotel room for meals. Any suggestions are welcome. I have come too far to mess up now.
I travel too..here's what I did at my last set of all day meetjngs. Lots of shakes. Ask the servers for a glass of ice. Use your shaker to mix the shake and pour over ice. Sip that while everyone else is eating. When asked I just said I was on a high protein diet. I also ate veggies. I also had extra bars..figured if needed I would grab that and not something bad. Good luck. Do what you can!
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Yup, starting as a coach next tuesday at 10am
That's awesome wuv! i start training at my clinic on monday! it's going to be great. i've been a stay at home mom for almost a year, and they are going to be super flexible with me.. yay for IP!
newmom7611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Wuv!! Congrats! All of our positive vibes have paid off! I'm so happy for you!!

e tu NewMom? That is Awesome! You are going to be awesome as a coach... I wish you were in Mass... my clinic needs some. Good luck! I'm so glad that it's going to work with your family schedule.

Darralyn -- so glad to hear that the whoosh fairy was with you this week!

It's awesome to hear about all of the commitment and determination here today!
and to think a few short months ago I doubted that IP would actually work ... I'm so grateful that I was referred to this program.
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #133  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Good evening! I am soooo sore from my first time horseback riding, it was really awesome! I can't believe I missed out on that for 26 years!

On another note, I am a bit concerned about yesterday. I had to skip a meal because I worked a strange shift and I only had 1 break but it covered 2 meal periods. I never had time to eat in the rest of it. By the time I got home, it was way past 11pm and I know it's not the time to start cooking some chicken with asparagus, especially since my "roomate" (read: ex-boyfriend that I'm stuck with till July) is sleeping right next to the stove, so I just went to bed. It is the first time that I skip a meal, even though I have a hard time keeping consistent in my meal times because of my work (I do long hours at just about any time of day or night). Here are my 2 questions: how bad is yesterday's missing meal going to affect my loss? It was a dinner, meaning chicken and green peppers/celery/asparagus normally. Secondly, could the fact that I am taking my meals at different hours depending if I'm working day, evening or night be the reason for my slower losses lately?

I'd love to hear from people who have shift work experience, like other nurses and such

I hope everyone had a great OP day and congrats to all the wonderful losses!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the HORRIBLE cravings I've been having for the last 2 days. Not sure where that comes from. I just want fries. I'm holding on but it drives me insane. Hope it goes away soon!

Last edited by Kikie; 06-21-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Kikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #134  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Reminds me of the line from Caddyshack. We have a pool and a pond... Cadu all that Jersey hot will bring us great Jersey corn and tomatoes! Have a great day!
hahahaha that movie cracks me up.. "Just be the ball"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
!
Salmon that is an awesome NSV. resisting what tempts us is a biggie.. good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Carol, you make me smile EVERY morning I read your posts Just wanted you to know that you're a huge inspiration, I hope your pond turns out beautifully and your fish get a therapist to help them unstress a little (JK I know how fish can stress in changing conditions and hope it balances fast for them), do they make some kind of anti-shock to help them or 02 system? My mother In law had a pond, it never had anything other than some goldfish (like, the $0.15 ones from Walmart) and they all died...and algae and scum...*gag* Stay cool and skinny lady!

Thanks Kara, It looks like I saved the Koi.. whoo hoooo well, at least for today we will see wht happens by tomorrow morning. My DH called me the fish whisperer. ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Cadu,
You are only 9 pounds from goal!! It's just melting off you! You look absolutely gorgeous!!
thanks Chloe. i am probrobly going to drop my goal to 140 so I am not there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Had my WI last night down 2.8 lbs. for a total of 32 lbs.
Caren
great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post
Good morning!
Had a great WI yesterday.. Down 2.5 lbs. and 7.5 inches! This diet continues to amaze me. Good luck to all with WI's today!
yaaaaay for you skini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin;4378827
Carol: Have you seen your stats lately!?!? WOW! You are sooooo close to goal! I'm rooting for you! Good luck with the pond. This heat sux!
[/FONT
[/COLOR][/B]
Thanks Dakin.. I figured out the secret.... if you work the plan.. it works!! hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I need to find a cheap flight to Jersey for that 70's party!!!
come on up sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well down 1.2#'s this weekend. Lowest so far but still moving in the right direction.
93.2#'s gone forever.
congrats on the loss VET.. 93 pounds is totally amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
am down 3 1/2 lbs, and 5 1/2 inches! This is 14 lbs and 13 1/2" total in 3 weeks!!!! Woot Woot!!!
whoooo hoooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I had a great WI today; down 4.1 lbs this week!!
YES!!!!! 4 pounds! so happy for you Darralyn.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #135  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
I travel too..here's what I did at my last set of all day meetjngs. Lots of shakes. Ask the servers for a glass of ice. Use your shaker to mix the shake and pour over ice. Sip that while everyone else is eating. When asked I just said I was on a high protein diet. I also ate veggies. I also had extra bars..figured if needed I would grab that and not something bad. Good luck. Do what you can!
Thanks, so much!
Volly is offline   Reply With Quote