IP Daily Chat for Thursday, June 21 - Page 10 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

back from WI# 4 lost 2.4 lbs for a total of 19.4 in one month..I am so happy!

Last edited by kmstacy; 06-21-2012 at 09:48 PM.
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #137  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
back from WI# 4 lost 2.4 lbs for a total of 19.4 in one month..I am so happy!
Excellent work, way to go!
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #138  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

OK, I have a big problem. After 3 weeks on the plan with no craving I decided to make the lemon meringue cookies on another thread. They weren't very good, I think I messed up. So I dumped them.

But now, for the first time in 3 weeks I am craving sweets. That little, very yucky, cookie has left a void that wants to be filled with bakery confections and things dripping in hot grease.

How do I turn these cravings off again?
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
OK, I have a big problem. After 3 weeks on the plan with no craving I decided to make the lemon meringue cookies on another thread. They weren't very good, I think I messed up. So I dumped them.

But now, for the first time in 3 weeks I am craving sweets. That little, very yucky, cookie has left a void that wants to be filled with bakery confections and things dripping in hot grease.

Well, for me i just look at some of my 'before' pics.....

I know thats not the answer you were looking for but I dont know how to explain willpower. Its still pretty new to me lol
Old 06-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I just wanted to say Congratulations to everyone who had great losses, or just losses at all...Keep up the 100%

Wuv, I just started watching your videos and you're just AWESOME!! You are so encouraging, a great example, and very pleasant. Good luck with the coaching job...you will be PERFECT!

I hope everyone enjoys their Friday and the weekend....my big win for the day was numerous temptations today and my willpower over it AND receiving my signature finally...YAY!
chicagoboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 176/165/120

I just love reading about everyone's losses this week. Today was weigh in #3 for me and I am down 11.2 pounds! I hope it keeps coming off!
Mommameccage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #142  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:

I get cravings all the time I make myself a cup of hot tea and a little splenda and try and talk myself thru it..if it doesnt work i have a secound cup of tea...and keep on taking to myself saying dont do it dont do it
haddy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #143  

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Well, for me i just look at some of my 'before' pics.....

I know thats not the answer you were looking for but I dont know how to explain willpower. Its still pretty new to me lol
I'd do what Longhron suggests for sure!! Nothing like looking at fat pictures to keep you going in the right direction! There's a lot of before and after pictures in the goal thread on the main 3fc page. That's helpful too!! I also like to get my arse outside and ride my bike!!! Endorphins are wonderful!!! Hang in there, this feeling will pass and you will be so proud of yourself!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #144  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Thank you Longhorn, MomPattie and Haddy.

I'm not worried so much that I will give in to temptation, my will power is at a all time high right now. But something happened when I ate the meringue cookie it reawakened the Cookie Monster in me, (I don't do the chocolate chip cookie for the same reason). For some reason if I eat one "cookie" my mind starts screaming "Let's eat ALL cookies".

So lesson learned, but the last 2 days have been tougher than the first two of the plan.
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #145  

Quote:

I'm not worried so much that I will give in to temptation, my will power is at a all time high right now. But something happened when I ate the meringue cookie it reawakened the Cookie Monster in me, (I don't do the chocolate chip cookie for the same reason). For some reason if I eat one "cookie" my mind starts screaming "Let's eat ALL cookies".

So lesson learned, but the last 2 days have been tougher than the first two of the plan.
I have to admit, I struggle with this daily...was always a grazer. I work in the oilfield, and you dont get coffee breaks or lunch breaks and we work 12hr days normally, 30-60 days straight without days off...Over the past 10 yrs you learn to eat when you have a momentary break, or are driving from one location to another, this made you eat even if you werent hungry because it was likely the only time you would get for many hours. This later translated into my home habits as well, walk past the pantry or fridge and grab something just because it was there. The temptations are always there, and are always a fight for me...But I am slowly conqureing them...

But like the others said, the easiest way is to stay busy, I just took the dog for a walk, and yes tea has really helped me as well. I drink it hot and cold. The wife and kids had 2 pizzas tonight, and they are still on the stove, and I have walked past them at least 10x tonight and resisted...kind of torture haha
Old 06-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #146  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:

Have a restricted package. Chocolate and Peanut soy puffs got me through Easter weekend. I think it was my first or second week in IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
I have to admit, I struggle with this daily...was always a grazer. I work in the oilfield, and you dont get coffee breaks or lunch breaks and we work 12hr days normally, 30-60 days straight without days off...Over the past 10 yrs you learn to eat when you have a momentary break, or are driving from one location to another, this made you eat even if you werent hungry because it was likely the only time you would get for many hours. This later translated into my home habits as well, walk past the pantry or fridge and grab something just because it was there. The temptations are always there, and are always a fight for me...But I am slowly conqureing them...

But like the others said, the easiest way is to stay busy, I just took the dog for a walk, and yes tea has really helped me as well. I drink it hot and cold. The wife and kids had 2 pizzas tonight, and they are still on the stove, and I have walked past them at least 10x tonight and resisted...kind of torture haha
Yup same here I still order pizza for the kids almost every week. The toughest for me was Cherieos a few weeks ago. Followed by hand carrying a soft serve ice cream for my daughter a few days ago.

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-21-2012 at 11:51 PM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 235.5/223.5/200(First Goal)

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
I've found this. Not plaque, per se, but a build up, that's for sure. I find that I scrub my teeth like crazy trying to get it off. It's been better recently (might help that I just had a cleaning last week) but for a while it was driving me nuts!
I've noticed the same thing.......
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #148  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
I've noticed the same thing.......
I floss more than I used to, that's for sure.

And hey--your pictures are fabulous! That's gotta feel good!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:09 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I was also a huge Diet Pepsi drinker - at least 3 - 24 oz bottles a day. Surprisingly the only time I have really missed it has been while driving. TMI, but not drinking them has made me much less gassy!!! Must've been the phosphoric acid....!!
I used to drink diet Pepsi constantly I have noticed less gas yes, but also less sugar cravings! I never realized how much it did that to me! YEAY us for kicking it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Gooood Afternoon Everyone...

As i sit here typing away, i am seeing images of little dancing sourdough bread loaves dancing in my head..Im having a sincere craving for spinach dip with bread...Being an ex-carb addict and just having had a dark chocolate wafer..i think im realizing that the products like the wafers, are something im going to have to stay away from..For some reason, it seems to trigger a craving for carbs for me...Luckily i have been 100% despite these rediculous random cravings.

All you people who are out in the heat..send it my way...i would like to have summer heat! I envy you who have an outdoor pool you get to swim in!!! Its like my favorite thing to do during the summer time..

Anywho..hope everyone is having a great day!!

Over and Out
I'm so proud of you for recognizing that the waffers are becoming a trigger and making a plan to combat it!

Quote:

Try an egg white & IP cereal pancake, or some banana bread muffins (zuchini in them), or the waffles! PM if you want the recipes. I hope you can quench your craving while staying OP, I understand exactly what you mean.
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #150  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I've found I'm like that even with some of the plan-approved protein bars. For now, I'm keeping them off my food items for just that reason.

I don't have many cravings these days, but I do sometimes get what I now know is an emotional urge to eat something.... sometimes a iced glass of water (or occasionally a club soda) with a strong dash of MIO seems to satisfy the need. And as suggested already, I'm a big believer in drinking a cup or two of hot tea (black if that suits... or with stevia & a bit of a vanilla RTD as 'whitener'). And sometimes I find that eating a dill pickle fulfills the need, even though it's definitely not sweet. There's something about the sharp taste and crunch that is satisfying.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote