Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
HOLY MOLY DANA! Your pictures are amazing...looking good!

That is great advice...and I LOVE that gelatin recipe, that sounds goooood. I have 2 cups of hot tea every night...I am a recovering late night snacker.
Thanks all for your advice. (I too am a recovering late night snacker.) I have purchased a good book and will sip some "Sleepy Time Tea" tonight. I really appreciate your ideas!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #497  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Thanks all for your advice. (I too am a recovering late night snacker.) I have purchased a good book and will sip some "Sleepy Time Tea" tonight. I really appreciate your ideas!!!!!!
LizRR, you brought up a good point about the night time snacking thing. I haven't had any cravings at night-until now. HOWEVER, I guess this is a VERY necessary part of my journey, learning how to tackle the very EVIL Night Time Munching Monster......the very one that made me so fat to begin with!!!
I will tame this beast! I need to "redo" my evenings. I am in control now. Tonight it will be tea and some leisure reading for me. I am going to go do a little window shopping now, maybe try on some clothes....that is always an appetite curber!!!!!
Would love some information on some favorite teas. (I heard that The Evening Beast -TEB, hates tea!)
Old 07-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

"iced glass of water strongly flavored with Mio"
what is MIO?
i am late night snacker too! Last night though I made it through..whooohooo! Good for you newpath! great idea to go walking.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #499  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
"iced glass of water strongly flavored with Mio"
what is MIO?
i am late night snacker too! Last night though I made it through..whooohooo! Good for you newpath! great idea to go walking.
It's a flavoring that's relatively new out. Here's a link -

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/

Many of the coaches have told posters here to restrict the number of servings of MIO, plus the WF products and other sucralose based flavorings/sweeteners to no more than 4-6/day. Some dieters seem to be more sensitive to them than others. For some they seem to halt weight loss.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #500  

Default Mio

FYI
I am one of the unfortunate few who cannot tolerate MIO. (OMG-the watermelon flavor was A M A Z I N G) I do fine with the WF, but do not do fine with MIO or the ZERO Powerade : ( For some strange reason it knocks me out of ketosis within an hour of consuming, and I feel buzzy, hungry, and crabby for about 6 hours........in my opinion, I am VERY carb sensitive, and my pancreas does not know that these items are sugar-free! Perhaps I will try it again at a later, leaner, date!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #501  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
HOLY MOLY DANA! Your pictures are amazing...looking good!
Thanks so much Liz.

Quote:
FYI
I am one of the unfortunate few who cannot tolerate MIO. (OMG-the watermelon flavor was A M A Z I N G) I do fine with the WF, but do not do fine with MIO or the ZERO Powerade : ( For some strange reason it knocks me out of ketosis within an hour of consuming, and I feel buzzy, hungry, and crabby for about 6 hours........in my opinion, I am VERY carb sensitive, and my pancreas does not know that these items are sugar-free! Perhaps I will try it again at a later, leaner, date!
I love Mio, but I just can't add it without it getting my cravings going again. Besides my coach says no Mio, of course she says no Splenda too, but I do use that once in awhile too.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
It's a flavoring that's relatively new out. Here's a link -

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/

Many of the coaches have told posters here to restrict the number of servings of MIO, plus the WF products and other sucralose based flavorings/sweeteners to no more than 4-6/day. Some dieters seem to be more sensitive to them than others. For some they seem to halt weight loss.
thank you eve!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good Sunday afternoon IPeeps!
I need some advice. For the past three nights,I have been experiencing "munchies". HELP!
I have that same problem around TOM and when I have been more active. Since you have added more protein as needed I would suggest turning to drinking some tea to help curb the growlies. That really helps me when I start feeling the grumbly tummy that is trying to tell me that I am hungry when I know I am not.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #504  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Dana, you look great!! I see that you are also nearing the 100 lbs lost mark--way to rock this program. It is always so encouraging to see people like you (and all the other 100+ losers) who have found success on IP and who cheerlead for the rest of us trying to do the same! Thanks for showing us how it is done.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #505  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
LizRR, you brought up a good point about the night time snacking thing. I haven't had any cravings at night-until now. HOWEVER, I guess this is a VERY necessary part of my journey, learning how to tackle the very EVIL Night Time Munching Monster......the very one that made me so fat to begin with!!!
I will tame this beast! I need to "redo" my evenings. I am in control now. Tonight it will be tea and some leisure reading for me. I am going to go do a little window shopping now, maybe try on some clothes....that is always an appetite curber!!!!!
Would love some information on some favorite teas. (I heard that The Evening Beast -TEB, hates tea!)
I'm right there with you! I just wish TOM would just start. I've found that drinking something hot takes the edge off. I'm sipping on a cup of decaf coffee right now.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #506  

We're off to the lake! Have my packets packed, my protein planned out, veggies cut up for the beach and the campsite!!! I have 2 x 4 L jugs of water for each day at the beach, we'll have to get a spot at the beach close to the bathroom! Oh and I have a hefty dose of will power thrown in there too!! I've got your energy with me, I hope there's 3G so I can check in!! I will be missing my WI so I hope the whoosh fairy comes!

Have an awesome week everyone, happy 4th of July to our Amercian IPeeps!
Closed Thread