Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 06/20/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...responses.html Thank you Kaypix

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning.....had my WI #8 yesterday. (Missed #7)...down -6 lbs....yay. Had a small bump on weekend but did pretty well considering. We had 3 bbq's to attend and hubby and i managed to eat IP and a bit of bbq's and stayed OP. I did have a Tbsp of a dessert (i think TOM got the better of me) but i'm not letting that discourage me. I also had a dental procedure yesterday morning and haven't been able to eat much except an IP drinks..vegetables were to hard to chew. Going to try again today.....but all in all....in so excited at what i've been able to accomplish in 8 short weeks!!!!! Thank you for all the support this forum offers.....you all rock!!!!! xox
Old 06-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #3  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning, just checking in to wish everyone a great OP day and good luck with WIs!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Good morning.....had my WI #8 yesterday. (Missed #7)...down -6 lbs....yay. Had a small bump on weekend but did pretty well considering. We had 3 bbq's to attend and hubby and i managed to eat IP and a bit of bbq's and stayed OP. I did have a Tbsp of a dessert (i think TOM got the better of me) but i'm not letting that discourage me. I also had a dental procedure yesterday morning and haven't been able to eat much except an IP drinks..vegetables were to hard to chew. Going to try again today.....but all in all....in so excited at what i've been able to accomplish in 8 short weeks!!!!! Thank you for all the support this forum offers.....you all rock!!!!! xox
WOW 6 pounds.. great job.

Good morning everybody.
Taking a ride down the shore today to go house hunting with my sister for a vaction home for her. It is gonna be hot hot hot here in Jersey today, maybe I can get a little beach time in while I am there

Have a great day,, stay OP!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Hi! I have a few questions. I have posted over 20 posts and have been on here over a month but still can't get a weight ticker..how do I do that? Also, can you make a taco salad for dinner and put a little cheese?? I am runing out of dinner ideas...eating the same old thing.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning.....had my WI #8 yesterday. (Missed #7)...down -6 lbs....yay.
Great job on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

I'll be out all day and so want to wish all a great day, stay OP, and sending the woosh fairy to all who have weigh ins!! Stay cool, serious heat setting in.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Hi! I have a few questions. I have posted over 20 posts and have been on here over a month but still can't get a weight ticker..how do I do that? Also, can you make a taco salad for dinner and put a little cheese?? I am runing out of dinner ideas...eating the same old thing.
Have you looked at the recipes In the top two sticky threads? Unless your on the alternate plan no cheese but a few folks have listed an IP approved cheese substitute. Not sure what it is exactly but it is called veggie cheese.

Look above in the first post by Riss and you will see a link about tickers.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-20-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

UGH - I cannot get rid of my daughter's lice....what a vicious cycle. Last night I didn't eat dinner until about 830 because I was dealing with her. She's 7 and she's gotten to her breaking point, so I had to bribe her last night to try something different. I'm just about to my breaking point, too.

I should get my shipment of new IP foods today or tomorrow. I'm excited to try new things! My husband tried the White Cheddar Ridges last night, which I don't like. I'll kind of choke them down, but I won't order them again! He had one and threw them out. He said they were terrible, too!!

Have a great day everyone and have great WI's!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 243/243/150

Height: 5'3

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 06/20/12

Hi all! First time poster here, beginning my 4th day and doing ok. I cooked a pork loin at the beginning of the week so I would have some food ready to eat coming home from work in case I was starving or heat beaten. Also trying to keep my veggies changed up so I don't eat same thing every day. There are tons of fabulous tips here!!

I would like to know about measuring veggies...like the kale chips. Do you measure 2 cups before you cook them?...they sure shrivel when baked but are yummy!!

Thanks all and great weigh=ins to you
Old 06-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #10  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

My sister in law noticed! Yay! I haven't been telling people I'm on a diet. My father and his wife come in to town on the 29th and I'm curious if they notice too.

I have WI tonight - I hope it's a good one. I'm feeling good and my pants are falling off of me.

Also, I went to my sleep doctor the other day (I now have one of those CPAP machines for sleep apnea), she said that I'm no longer morbidly obese, just plain old obese. Never thought of myself as that heavy, but I guess weighing 268 at 5'5.5" is.

Have a great OP day everyone!! Stay cool - it's gonna be a scorcher here in Connecticut!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #11  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Great job on the WI. Just hop right back on the plan. TOM sucks. I keep a box of the caramel crunch bars on hand for when it rolls around. They're the closest thing to a chocolate candy bar that IP has to offer. One of those will usually satisfy my cravings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
WOW 6 pounds.. great job.

Good morning everybody.
Taking a ride down the shore today to go house hunting with my sister for a vaction home for her. It is gonna be hot hot hot here in Jersey today, maybe I can get a little beach time in while I am there

Have a great day,, stay OP!
Have fun!! I love to house hunt. We buy investment property every now and then, and looking is a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
UGH - I cannot get rid of my daughter's lice....what a vicious cycle. Last night I didn't eat dinner until about 830 because I was dealing with her. She's 7 and she's gotten to her breaking point, so I had to bribe her last night to try something different. I'm just about to my breaking point, too.
I feel for you. My daughter had it last year. It's a pain to get rid of. I picked a lot of nits out of her hair!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #12  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsieblu View Post
Hi all! First time poster here, beginning my 4th day and doing ok. I cooked a pork loin at the beginning of the week so I would have some food ready to eat coming home from work in case I was starving or heat beaten. Also trying to keep my veggies changed up so I don't eat same thing every day. There are tons of fabulous tips here!!

I would like to know about measuring veggies...like the kale chips. Do you measure 2 cups before you cook them?...they sure shrivel when baked but are yummy!!

Thanks all and great weigh=ins to you
Measure your veggies raw, and then cook them.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Well I am unable to make it to my normal WI today so I did my WI at home this morning. I am crazy OCD so every time I WI at the clinic I then weigh myself at home to compare the scales - the numbers always seem to match up sometimes the clinic is a little lower so I think that it is a pretty accurate read. So I am down 5 pounds (maybe a little less I don't remember the oz from last week) which I am super excited about!! AND even better I am wearing pants today that previously were WAAAAAY too tight to button and they are super BAGGY on me !!!! I love IP !!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day ... be careful in the heat if your outside and dont' forget the extra H20 !!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

One more thing - I got under 30 for my BMI now, I'm pretty pumped about that!!! I'm no longer obese, just overweight!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Man i woke up today in the most rotten mood. I haven't felt this annoyed, edgy, and just downright cruddy, since wayyy before my son was born. I am just not a nice person right now. I hate feeling this way. I am hoping it is due to TOM issues heading my way. There are other issues at play as well though. Sometimes it just feels like nothing goes right. My weigh in is today. So, I better get myself out of this funk before then! Maybe some coffee will help. Have a good day all.
Closed Thread