Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #106  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J bug View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before (many times), but you're not supposed to have a restricted item as the evening snack, right? I can't remember if that's true or if I'm remembering a nightmare.

I would like to anticipate the "treat" all day, but I've been using them at lunch instead.
My coach has suggested I have the restricted whenever I want, so for the most part I normally have one every night before bed. Usually a bar or the dill poppers.

For the last week or so, I have switched it up and am having the bar for lunch as I love the cappucino before bed, and I havent seen any difference whatsoever
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #107  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

OOPS....I had my first WI for my calendar tomorrow, but my coach texted me today asking where I was So I had my first weigh in.
I started the program last Thursday morning, so my progress through this afternoon:
down 5.7#
down 4 in - and one full inch of that was on my waist.

YAY for losing
Old 06-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 214.6/169/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitamarlene View Post
Just want to drop in and say hello! I am on day 9 and have lost 8.6 lbs so far. Thanks for posting and thanks for this forum. So encouraging! I have my first appointment with the real coach tomorrow (not the high school girl that weighs 90 lbs, has wrinkly clothes, and has never done the program). Looking forward to receiving some proper coaching!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natkaye View Post
Hi everyone I started IP over a week ago and i lost 12 pounds my first weigh in. I am nervous and excited to WI tommorow. I just wanted to introduce myself and, i am looking forward to some good tips and motivation from the people on here. Can't wait to get to know everyone
Welcome! This forum is AWESOME...i'm new, and finding everyone so inspirational and helpful. Good luck....i'm not gonna say "you can do it" cause WE ARE DOING IT!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 214.6/169/150

Height: 5'5"

almost forgot CONGRATULATIONS on pounds gone!! WAY TO GO!!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #110  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Oh yum yum yum, I just tried the chicken patty.

I took one bite and realized it tasted a lot like egg foo young with chicken. So I mixed a bit of soy sauce, water, splenda, greep onions, and a dash of sesame oil, used it as a topping/dip and these patties were WONDERFUL!!

Kristina

Last edited by GrandmaKiss; 06-20-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #111  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Thanks Moose!!!! I'm looking forward to it too!!! You look great by the way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Keep your good attitude. IP will reward you Might just have taken you a week to figure things out. We will all be looking forward to your next week WI.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Back from WI #2. Down another 3.6 lbs. (Total 10.2 in two weeks.) And, over 17 total inches lost! How is that possible? YAY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Wow! I lost 5 pounds this week! I was not expecting that! Ecstatic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikig3 View Post
WI#3 - down 2.4lbs! So excited!! Now I have to go back and read the posts. This is the first time I could get on here all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26965 View Post
OOPS....I had my first WI for my calendar tomorrow, but my coach texted me today asking where I was So I had my first weigh in.
I started the program last Thursday morning, so my progress through this afternoon:
down 5.7#
down 4 in - and one full inch of that was on my waist.

YAY for losing
SERIOUSLY....!!!? IS EVERYONE SEEING THIS?!?! this is seriously awesome. keep up the GREAT work everyone. i'm so sorry if i left anyone out from today...i know i missed some from today and earlier in the week for sure...but you all are amazing for sticking to something that takes so much self control. WE ARE DOING IT.. one pound at a time, one day at a time... however you want to look at it.. WE ARE CHANGING FOR THE BETTER! to you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I have a question. I posted it before but didn't get any responses. I am trying to cut some costs. Are there any vitamins that compare with the ideal protein vitamins?

I would appreciate any advise. Thanks!!

i use the "ultimate woman" multivitamin from vitamin shoppe or vitamin world if you have one near you. if not, i've also used "Multi For Her" nature made brand from wal mart before (the only one without sugars). it's not as close, nutritionally, as the vitamin shoppe or world ones though. I've noticed that i'm getting ALOT of iron from the food alone, so you may want to get one without iron, if possible. they have cal mags at wal mart or target. i get "calcium, magnesium, and zinc" nature made brand.. i take 3. the serving sizes on the bottles are for people with a "normal" diet... just make sure you are getting as close to 100% of daily values as possible. i did ALOT of research on these in the beginning the best (financially and nutritionally) are going to be the vitamin shoppe multivitamins.. walmart/target cal mags.. and unfortunately, you HAVE to get the IP potassiums. there's nothing else like it.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #113  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Beck - where in WI are you?? I'm in Appleton. I was just outside myself and it is quite muggy!!
I am in the SW corner of the state. I think you guys have had alittle more rain than us. Too bad we weren't closer I'd come take those cheddar ridges off your hands.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Wow! I lost 5 pounds this week! I was not expecting that! Ecstatic!
Congratulations!! that's fantastic!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
I would not be too discouraged. I am in my 4th week, and my 3rd WI I lost 1.5, even though I was 100% OP. my coach told me that when things slow down eat spinach instead of more dense veggies like cauliflower or broccoli , and it worked well. I lost 3.5 for WI 4. So I am losing an average of 3 lbs per week. I think every body is different, and if you stay OP, the weight WILL come off.

Also, look at other measures such as the inches you have lost, and how your clothes fit.

Do your best and stay happy. Glad you told your coach what you did
that's crazy. You and I have similar numbers. I'm 5'3; i started heavier than you - and my coach wants to see 3 on average! In fact I'm a little under 3 right now but he was very encouraging yesterday. Just hang in there!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #116  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Vitamins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I have a question. I posted it before but didn't get any responses. I am trying to cut some costs. Are there any vitamins that compare with the ideal protein vitamins?
OK here's what I found out about vitamins (and yes I blogged it) to be able get close to the IP ones, here's what I take:
Women's One a day (2xday) come in a bottle of 100 cost $8ish=50 days
Natural something Cal/Mag/Zinc (2x day) come in a bottle of 100 cost about $5ish = 50 days
Potassium (they use bicarbonate) gluconate: now this is where it gets tricky. Their actual potassium intake is 332mg (out of that 800mg potassium calcium pill), Potassium Gluconate ends up containing 90mg per pill, so to balance it out, or get extremely close, you're looking at 3 pills per day. One bottle contains 100 pills, so you get a little over a month's supply. One bottle costs about $5.
There ARE still detriments that you'd be missing however, and that comes down to whether or not it is worth it to you. So far I've had no ill side effects from the vitamins i've been taking, but here's what I'm missing:

Iodine (as potassium iodide) - I use table salt to get the iodine content up (was missing 76ug)
Selenium (as selenium citrate) - tuna/salmon and meat have this
Molybdenum (as molybdenum citrate) - The minimum daily molybdenum requirement is not known, but a recent study suggested that as little as 25 mcg may be sufficient. (A basic way to absorb your daily need of molybdenum is by drinking hard tap water.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/24...#ixzz1yMzEQsC4)
Vanadium (as vanadium citrate) We don't know exactly how much vanadium people require, but estimates range from 10 to 30 mcg daily. (To realize how tiny this amount is, consider that it's about one millionth of the amount of calcium you need.) - naturally occurring in poultry, specifically breast meat of chicken, but also in egg yolk and dark meat of chicken in lower quantities.

So those are what I am deficient in, and I know that meat solves 2/3 deficiencies, and I eat more meat than I had ever eaten, in my life. The molybdenum is my one thing that I need to watch for, but since I make my shake and coffee with tap water...think I got it covered.

The End!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #117  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

There's a few recipes for the white cheddar ridges out there - one intriguing one has you crush them into 'breadcrumbs', then coat asparagus in egg whi

This asparagus recipe is yummy! I made it last week.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #118  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Yay! It's raining in San Antonio! Come on rain!!!

I hope it stops before my "woman" doctor's appointment at the big military hospital this afternoon (parking stinks). I want them to schedule me for a glucose test to test for insulin resistance. Anyone have this? What are your symptoms? My sister has it and is on metmorfin, and we are very similiar.
I have IR and it is related to my PCOS. I don't know if I had any symptoms of that alone, besides blood work. I am so anxious to go back to my "woman doctor" and have lab work done, but that isn't till March. She is going to be so shocked though and I can't wait!!

BTW, I quit taking my metformin before starting IP. It made me so ill that I just figured things would work out and they did, I got a cycle (just one, but that is okay!)
Old 06-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked before (many times), but you're not supposed to have a restricted item as the evening snack, right? I can't remember if that's true or if I'm remembering a nightmare.

I would like to anticipate the "treat" all day, but I've been using them at lunch instead.
90% of the time I have my restrict as my evening snack. And it has not had any affect on my loses. Actually for me, I find when I eat my restrict at night I don't wake up hungry and don't have my tummy growling and waking me up either.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #120  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
OK here's what I found out about vitamins (and yes I blogged it) to be able get close to the IP ones, here's what I take:
Women's One a day (2xday) come in a bottle of 100 cost $8ish=50 days
Natural something Cal/Mag/Zinc (2x day) come in a bottle of 100 cost about $5ish = 50 days
Potassium (they use bicarbonate) gluconate: now this is where it gets tricky. Their actual potassium intake is 332mg (out of that 800mg potassium calcium pill), Potassium Gluconate ends up containing 90mg per pill, so to balance it out, or get extremely close, you're looking at 3 pills per day. One bottle contains 100 pills, so you get a little over a month's supply. One bottle costs about $5.
There ARE still detriments that you'd be missing however, and that comes down to whether or not it is worth it to you. So far I've had no ill side effects from the vitamins i've been taking, but here's what I'm missing:

Iodine (as potassium iodide) - I use table salt to get the iodine content up (was missing 76ug)
Selenium (as selenium citrate) - tuna/salmon and meat have this
Molybdenum (as molybdenum citrate) - The minimum daily molybdenum requirement is not known, but a recent study suggested that as little as 25 mcg may be sufficient. (A basic way to absorb your daily need of molybdenum is by drinking hard tap water.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/24...#ixzz1yMzEQsC4)
Vanadium (as vanadium citrate) We don't know exactly how much vanadium people require, but estimates range from 10 to 30 mcg daily. (To realize how tiny this amount is, consider that it's about one millionth of the amount of calcium you need.) - naturally occurring in poultry, specifically breast meat of chicken, but also in egg yolk and dark meat of chicken in lower quantities.

So those are what I am deficient in, and I know that meat solves 2/3 deficiencies, and I eat more meat than I had ever eaten, in my life. The molybdenum is my one thing that I need to watch for, but since I make my shake and coffee with tap water...think I got it covered.

The End!
not only sexy....savvy...sassy.....but smart too!!! YOU ROCK!!!!
Closed Thread