Old 06-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #16  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Cauliflower Breadsticks (MamaGrubbsgrum)
1/2 head of cauliflower, grated
1 egg and 1 egg white beaten
1/2 cup grated onion
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon Italian spices
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 350
Mix together, pour onto a baking sheet that was covered with parchment paper and sprayed with olive oil. (I patted the mix into 2 'loaves', making sure they are equal thickness. Bake for 45 minutes (or until a little dried out and firm I ended up cooking it for around 60 min.) then take out and flip it carefully over with a spatula, put back in oven for 10 - 20 minutes. (Next time I will probably bake a little longer to see if they will hold together better.)Cut in slices.

For supper tonight I ended up just having a large salad with 8 oz turkey. It's so hot and humid I just didn't want to cook anything. Topped with a bit of EVOO.

I know putting spinach into pancakes and chocolate drinks sounds gross, but it really doesn't add much flavor. For the pancakes I put the spinach in the frying pan first to let it cook down a bit, then just pour the batter over top. It keeps me from getting too hungry before lunch. One of these days I'll try the zucchini in pancakes/muffins too.

Liz - thanks for the ideas with the Miracle Noodles. I don't believe I've ever had anything like them, so will be a new food experience.
Thank you! That sounds great!
jcjnjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #17  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Rutabaga Fries <--me & hubs are in love with these!
Rutabaga Fries: Can you tell me about these, LizRR?

This is a great thread that I'm reading for the first time! I'm so happy so see these recipes and it's great to see what everyone does with the packets!

Here's mine:
Breakfast: Pineapple-Banana Drink (Yum)
Lunch: IP Broccoli Cheese soup with addition of 1/2 c Sauteed (in fresh garlic and OO) fresh broccoli and red peppers
Salad with lettuce, cukes, celery, red cabb, red onion
Snack at 4: 1/2 IP SW cheese puffs
Dinner: Chicken breast with red peppers
Salad
Snack: 1/2 IP Sw cheese puffs

Thanks to all!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #18  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Rutabaga Fries: Can you tell me about these, LizRR?

This is a great thread that I'm reading for the first time! I'm so happy so see these recipes and it's great to see what everyone does with the packets!
:
Turnip fries are good to, but we really like rutabaga fries better. Basically just cut up 3-4 rutabagas into French fry size, the thinner the crispier they will turn out, lightly spray with evoo and sprinkle with seasoning of choice (paprika, salt, & pepper at our house), bake at 375 for ~20 minutes, flip halfway through and careful not to burn them, they are too delicious! I can usually 'smell' when they are done - just on the line between crisp and burned is how we like them. I dip them in WF ketchup & Tabasco. Reminiscent of sweet potato fries.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

I was told to only have 3 pieces of gum "extra" brand. If I have more than those 3 pieces is that going to really mess up the whole program? Is it that sensitive? I am only on day 2, so a very green newbie here.

Last edited by BLUEJEWEL; 06-20-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: misspelling
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Breakfast: Maple Oatmeal, 2 cups *(maybe3) of coffee
Lunch: Lots of Romaine with Broccoli, Peppers, Cucumbers, Olive Oil, Salt. Dill Pickle Zippers
Dinner: Tuna Patties...egg whites, red pepper, cilanto, can of tuna, spices and then cooked in olive oil. Dill Pickle.
Snack: Dark Chocolate Pudding

Water....giving up MIO this week to see what it does to cravings/loss.
Could you give me a little bit more detail on how you prepare your tuna patties please? That is something that I have been wanting to try, but wasnt sure where to start! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Cauliflower Breadsticks (MamaGrubbsgrum)
1/2 head of cauliflower, grated
1 egg and 1 egg white beaten
1/2 cup grated onion
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon Italian spices
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 350
Mix together, pour onto a baking sheet that was covered with parchment paper and sprayed with olive oil. (I patted the mix into 2 'loaves', making sure they are equal thickness. Bake for 45 minutes (or until a little dried out and firm I ended up cooking it for around 60 min.) then take out and flip it carefully over with a spatula, put back in oven for 10 - 20 minutes. (Next time I will probably bake a little longer to see if they will hold together better.)Cut in slices.

For supper tonight I ended up just having a large salad with 8 oz turkey. It's so hot and humid I just didn't want to cook anything. Topped with a bit of EVOO.

I know putting spinach into pancakes and chocolate drinks sounds gross, but it really doesn't add much flavor. For the pancakes I put the spinach in the frying pan first to let it cook down a bit, then just pour the batter over top. It keeps me from getting too hungry before lunch. One of these days I'll try the zucchini in pancakes/muffins too.

Liz - thanks for the ideas with the Miracle Noodles. I don't believe I've ever had anything like them, so will be a new food experience.
Thank you for this recipe, I am definitely going to try this one!!
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

breakfast Chocolate spinach shake (I do mine a little differently)
[/B]snack[/B] Scrambled egg whites with a little bit of my red bell peppers from my lunch.
Lunch Peanut Bar and red bell pepper
Dinner Pork steak grilled w/indirect heat, 2cup stewed rhubarb
Snack Pina Colada shake

LOTS of water!
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #22  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Could you give me a little bit more detail on how you prepare your tuna patties please? That is something that I have been wanting to try, but wasnt sure where to start! Thank you!!

Thank you for this recipe, I am definitely going to try this one!!
I'm almost positive this is a Finn recipe. I'm sure you'll find some great alternatives besides tuna in AK (my Mom's home state!).

SUCCULENT SEAFOOD PATTIES:*
These are quick & easy to make and can be taken with you to work to heat in the microwave as well. Don't be intimidated by the ingredients list...many herb substitutions are welcome and you usually have most ingredients to make this work on hand. This one really hit the spot and satisfied the cravings for a toasted tuna sandwich or a crab patty.

Ingredients:
1 can tuna (in water)
2 beaten egg whites (add 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar if desired)
Handful of Red/Yellow/Green Bell Pepper (Paprika) chopped in small pieces (about 1/4 cup or less)
Handful of chopped leek or red/white onion (about 1/4 cup or less)
Splash of Lemon Juice
Herbs (I use about 1 TB of an asian herb mix I make and freeze which includes:
Parsley, Cilantro, Lemongrass, Ginger (very small pieces), & Red Chili. Don't worry if you dont have them all and you can substitute Basil, Oregano, etc. Though if you can find them, the herbs listed above work best for the right flavor)
Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper & White Pepper*
Salad
Salad Dressing (your choice. I use Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Lemon Juice, 1 package of Truvia (or other sweetener), 1 TB Mustard, Pinch of cilantro, & ginger paste)

Directions:
1. Drain Tuna and put in bowl.
2. Add salt (not too much!), pepper (lots) and herbs (best with parsley, cilantro, ginger...add the lemongrass & red chili if you have them. Substitute with other herbs like dill or thyme to your taste)
3. Add chopped bell peppers and leek/onion. You can also add in chopped cucumber, chilis, or zucchini if desired.
4. Squirt in lemon juice and stir til blended. (Tuna should not be in big chunks) Drain any liquid before adding to egg whites.
5. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff (you can add Cream of Tartar if you want it thicker)
6. Drop in tuna mix and fold together.
7. Add 2 tsp olive oil to pan
8. Drop about 1/4 cup batter onto hot pan on stove. (Usually fits 2 patties at a time).*
9. Cook until you are able to flip over, being careful not to flip too early or it will break apart. (Not a big deal, though... still tastes great)
10. Place cooked patties onto lettuce leaves.
11. Use your favourite Ideal Protein approved dressing. (Recipe for what I use is above, but this would taste great with a wide variety of dressings like sweet onion, asian, lemon poppyseed, dill, etc)

Makes 4-6 good sized patties.
jcjnjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #23  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Turnip fries are good to, but we really like rutabaga fries better. Basically just cut up 3-4 rutabagas into French fry size, the thinner the crispier they will turn out, lightly spray with evoo and sprinkle with seasoning of choice (paprika, salt, & pepper at our house), bake at 375 for ~20 minutes, flip halfway through and careful not to burn them, they are too delicious! I can usually 'smell' when they are done - just on the line between crisp and burned is how we like them. I dip them in WF ketchup & Tabasco. Reminiscent of sweet potato fries.
Thanks, LizRR! I'm going to try these. Also the Tuna Patties from jcjnjj! They look great!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote