Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 06/19/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-19-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps!!

What a beautiful day here in East Tennessee, a beautiful sun rise, the sky is blue and it is going to be nice and warm, I LOVE IT!!!!

Weigh in #30 ws this morning and I lost 3.7 this time. Finally the scale is begining to move.

From what I have read so far there have been losses again this time, and congratulations to all of you. For those that are hitting a rut, stick it out, things will begin to move again, I promise. It is just your body having to adjust to this new style and it wants to hang onto the weight as long as possible and it will fight you all the way. Trust me, I have been dealing with it for the past 4 weigh in's. Don't let it get you down, you worrying about it will also contribute with it staying a little longer. This plan works, and we all know what to do to keep it working. Stay strong!

Welcome to all the newbies, you have made the best decision for the rest of your life! I cannot say enough good things about this plan, it is the best and I really truly feel that it has saved my life.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning everybody

So I am getting ready for our huge 60's party which we throw every 2 years. Today I will be tie dying a bunch of tablecloths. It should be a very fun and messy day.

I felt very "skinny" today so I stepped on the scale. It is going to be a good WI tomorrow.. yaaaaaaay

I hope everyone has a great day. good luck with all WI's today.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps!!

What a beautiful day here in East Tennessee, a beautiful sun rise, the sky is blue and it is going to be nice and warm, I LOVE IT!!!!

Weigh in #30 ws this morning and I lost 3.7 this time. Finally the scale is begining to move.

From what I have read so far there have been losses again this time, and congratulations to all of you. For those that are hitting a rut, stick it out, things will begin to move again, I promise. It is just your body having to adjust to this new style and it wants to hang onto the weight as long as possible and it will fight you all the way. Trust me, I have been dealing with it for the past 4 weigh in's. Don't let it get you down, you worrying about it will also contribute with it staying a little longer. This plan works, and we all know what to do to keep it working. Stay strong!

Welcome to all the newbies, you have made the best decision for the rest of your life! I cannot say enough good things about this plan, it is the best and I really truly feel that it has saved my life.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!
Riss, so glad the scale has moved for you this week and 3.7!! thats a great loss. have a wonderful day
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 210/ CW 190/GW 140

Default Happy Tuesday everyone

Just want to wish everyone a good OP Day. I'm fairly new to the board but trying to post more often

Quote:
For those that are hitting a rut, stick it out, things will begin to move again, I promise. It is just your body having to adjust to this new style and it wants to hang onto the weight as long as possible and it will fight you all the way. Trust me, I have been dealing with it for the past 4 weigh in's. Don't let it get you down, you worrying about it will also contribute with it staying a little longer
Riss.....Thanks for those encouraging words.....we need reminders every once in a while.

Anyway wishing lots of good losses this week for everyone.

Sharon
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #6  

Good Morning everybody! Yesterday was my first WI and I lost 7.5 lbs. I am so happy. I feel really good about that number and can't wait for the weeks a head. I hope everybody has a great day!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning IPeeps! Thanks for the advice from yesterday. I will do 3 unrestricted plus other protocols for a few weeks, and see if that will remove me from this plateau.
You all are such strong folks- resisting goodies and vacation foods. It inspires me.
I made my husband a fresh blueberry pie yesterday and didn't have any. You should have seen his eyes when I told him the whole thing is his. He was a very happy guy! It was worth it!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post

For those that are hitting a rut, stick it out, things will begin to move again, I promise. Stay strong!
woot woot...way to go on that 3.7 loss!! and EXCELLENT advice...i was having a hard time not seeing that scale move, and it was excellent advice like yours that made me stay strong!! and hang in there and not get off plan....and finally the scale relented in the end!! JUST KEEP DOING WHAT YOU KNOW TO DO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody

So I am getting ready for our huge 60's party which we throw every 2 years. Today I will be tie dying a bunch of tablecloths. It should be a very fun and messy day.

I felt very "skinny" today so I stepped on the scale. It is going to be a good WI tomorrow.. yaaaaaaay

I hope everyone has a great day. good luck with all WI's today.
OOOOoooo a 60' party....WHAT FUN!!! have a blast from the past!!! doesn't it feel great to "feel" skinny!!! I don't feel "skinny" yet...hahaha....but i do FEEL my body losing weight and changing and it feels great!! I keep coming back and looking at your photos and just love love love your last photo, and that fabulous smile you have and i just KNOW YOU ARE HAPPY!!! keep up the great work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
Good Morning everybody! Yesterday was my first WI and I lost 7.5 lbs. I am so happy. I feel really good about that number and can't wait for the weeks a head. I hope everybody has a great day!
WOW!!! WAY TO GO ON YOUR 1ST WI!!! that is AWESOME!!! keep it up and keep reading HERE in the threads because there are some mightily AMAZING AND SUPPORTIVE ip followers here that give outstanding encouragement and advice!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Talking Starting again after being off for a week...

Hi, I went on a girls weekend and all the wheels fell off of my dieting. Started again yesterday. How do some of you guys keep the will power to stay on as long as you do? I have lost about 20 pounds in 5 weeks but still need to lose another 15 to 20. Any advice?? Summer is so social and in the middle of all of this we are moving from Boston to Utah...so I am stressed and I don't want to turn to food!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #10  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Almost torture. DH made himself a loaf of bread machine bread. It just finished and came out and is on the cooling rack. The house is full of that wonderful hot bread smell. Good thing I just had a huge chocolate spinach shake for my snack. I am enjoying the smell though.

Staying 100% OP.

Molly
MOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! you are amazing!!! i can resist eating bread ONLY because i don't buy it and am not around it....but i agree with....Longhorn...

Quote:
I might have shot him....then ate the bread lol

Good for you resisting like that! Must have taken a boatload of willpower. If it was my house, id be hiding that breadmaker lol...
so PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #11  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Riss - great loss! Your persistence really paid off!

Carol- another fun party? I wished I lived closer

I have my WI tonight. I have 2 more weeks that I pre-paid for then I am going to add in some alternatives as I might need another 6-10 weeks on the program.

I am meeting up with Evepet tomorrow and we are going to Costco and will be comparing notes on foods. I can't wait! Ipdivajen, I'll be looking for you soon

Vet- thanks for starting the daily chat too. I see that your and Riss' great minds think alike.

Have a great day everyone!
Will
Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #12  
Findee

S/C/G: 174/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi I am new here, just had my first WI in yesterday and lost 6 pounds! I was a tough first week, but reading all of your post, plus all the tips and recipes have helped!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #13  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Stefany1769 I know exactly how fun insomnia can be... You are doing awesome, and you are always so positive thank you for joining our little group.
aww, thank you.....and yes....insomnia...i am experiencing this more on this protocol than i have ever had to deal with it in the past...and then just when i finally drift to sleep....ahhhhh....wonderful sleep.....i WAKE UP because i have to go to the loo!!! ooo where is the justice!!!!!! haha
Old 06-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone! It is a beautiful morning in Louisiana! Sunny, blue sky and I am SO excited! I am down by 12 pounds this morning and I it won't be 2 weeks until Saturday! That probably doesn't sound that incredible, unless you know me. I have NEVER lost 12 pounds in 13 days in my Life! I am positively euphoric!

I hope everyone has a great WI today!

Cadu, I love your picture signature. I look at your picture progress and it's so inspirational. You look wonderful!

Good day to all!

Last edited by cyndie; 06-19-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: to add more comments
Old 06-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #15  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Good morning all!! Today is WI day for me and I have a feeling it is going to be another low one. I was hoping that I would be in the 180's before leaving, but that is not going to happen, oh well! I am hoping for at least a loss and not a gain. Been OP 100% so we shall see!! Last week I thought TOM was looming but it wasn't, I was just bloated and in pain per usual!

Good luck to all those WIs today and for those that already did, WTG!! 3.7 loss, WOW!!!

BTW they shouldn't have the F and G next to each other, I originally typed WTF! haha!!
Closed Thread