Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #31  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up My First Weigh In Today

Good morning all -

Today was my first weigh in and my loss was 10lbs on the dot.

I'm in a little bit of a shock, to say the least. I'm happy as all heck but I'm just stunned at the amt I dropped.

I asked the Dr if a lot of this was water and he said no. Then again even if a lot of it was water, I don’t think he'd take the time to say so or explain.
(I think I may have mentioned before, my coach is not so hot and ALWAYS, always rushing, always pressed)

I know next week may not be as drastic a loss but so long as it's a loss, I guess it's all good.

Anyway the reason I was so stunned was because I had some minor slip ups:
  • I'm a tea drinker and used skim milk in my tea, MUCH more than the allotted amt
  • a couple of days last week I was way behind on my water drinking
  • I never got all of my proper sea alt intake
  • I never got all of my proper evvo intake

Other than the above, I was totally faithful to the program and never cheated once.

You guys agree that it's all fat I lost or you think a lot of it's water?

This week, my plan is to continue on program, make sure the fridge is properly stocked with contents for my salads, study the board for recipes so I don’t get board with my meals and GET MY WATER INTAKE UP!

Thanks for listening guys.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk33 View Post
I have a few questions I am hoping someone has BTDT or has some insight. This may be TMI for some. I am just starting my 17th week on IP and I have had TOM since week 8, couple of heavy days, then several light days, then maybe a day off, then the process starts all over again. I have been working with my GYN to try and stop it but nothing is working, I have had an ultrasound, bloodwork, etc. The only thing that is different in my life is IP.

I have lost over 30 pounds and I am so thrilled and haven't wanted to stop the protocol, but this is getting crazy now! I have been seeing 2 different coaches at my clinic, one I like, one I don't and they have been next to useless. The week I gained my hydration was way down and the coach told me I am probably retaining water?

Yesterday, I saw a third coach at my clinic and she suggested because of my TOM issues to try the Alternative protocol, I think it is for diabetics? Has anyone had success still losing with this plan?

Any thoughts or help are appreciated! Thank you!
Hi , Just curious, How old are you ? Trying to figure out the TOM thing...
Old 06-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
Hi , Just curious, How old are you ? Trying to figure out the TOM thing...
I'm 41, and according to my blood work not in menopause or even perimenopause.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #34  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone! Happy to be here and OP! Day 6 for me on IP and I feel good! Have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
So I am getting ready for our huge 60's party which we throw every 2 years. Today I will be tie dying a bunch of tablecloths. It should be a very fun and messy day.
How fun! I remember having one on an anniversary of Woodstock many years ago. And then in the sixties... Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
Good Morning everyone! It is a beautiful morning in Louisiana! Sunny, blue sky and I am SO excited! I am down by 12 pounds this morning and I it won't be 2 weeks until Saturday! That probably doesn't sound that incredible, unless you know me. I have NEVER lost 12 pounds in 13 days in my Life! I am positively euphoric!
Yes, it is a lovely morning in Louisiana! We might even get a little rain in my area for our garden! Congrats!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #35  

S/C/G: See ticker! :D

Hi all! I had to check in on this thread because I am so excited. This morning was my first W.I., too. I have lost 9 lbs!! I couldn't wait to weigh myself because I knew that I had lost, but I didn't dare to hope for this much! I am so excited. It's very motivating.

cmk33, I am one year older than you and have been having the same problem, but it started before I started IP. Working on a solution, too. Next stop I think is an ultrasound to check for endometriosis.

I have a box of Walden Farms sauces, dressings, and dips headed my way, and I am so excited to try some of the amazing recipes on this site. I have been visiting this site, and reading so many of your stories for a long time, and am so excited to be on board with something that is successful for so many. Thanks for your sharing and inspiration!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #36  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Wishing you all a day of wonderfulness! I pray that you stay OP and have a fun time doing this!! Bless you all! I just love this place and you all!!
right back at ya pretty lady!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #37  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
Good morning everyone ! well today is my WI after 2 weeks, I had surgery last week and missed my Tues WI , so I hope the scale moved in the right direction ! I havent put anything in my mouth that I wasnt supposed to, but I have not been eating my veggies due to the gas in my belly! But I will start slowly today.I will let yall know when I get back.
How are you feeling??? I've been wondering about you
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Last night we went to a Mongolian Grill restaurant....I totally needed that, it was so good, and pretty easy to stay as close to plan as possible. I had chicken, broccoli, asparagus and cilantro. I checked out the nutritional value of the sauces before I got there and picked the one with the least amount of carbs. then I added soy sauce, broth and some oil. I'm pretty sure I'm still in ketosis. I was up 0.2 this morning, but I'm also having TOM, so it's all ok!!

Still so inspired by all of your successes! Keep it up everyone!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #39  
Restarted 9/4/2013

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody

So I am getting ready for our huge 60's party which we throw every 2 years. Today I will be tie dying a bunch of tablecloths. It should be a very fun and messy day.

I felt very "skinny" today so I stepped on the scale. It is going to be a good WI tomorrow.. yaaaaaaay

I hope everyone has a great day. good luck with all WI's today.
Carol, you are my inspiration. Not that everyone else isn't too, you are all amazing.
WI#2 and I only lost 1 pound. I wasn't thrilled with my lunch choices, so I took it upon myself to eat for lunch the way I would eat for dinner. My Coach says that is phase 2 and I proved to myself that phase 2 works, crap. She helped me make better choices for my lunch picks and hopefully next monday I will be back on track. Yes, I know, STICK TO THE PLAN.
Trying for a better week! Go Me! Go Everybody!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #40  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I have a few questions I am hoping someone has BTDT or has some insight. This may be TMI for some. I am just starting my 17th week on IP and I have had TOM since week 8, couple of heavy days, then several light days, then maybe a day off, then the process starts all over again. I have been working with my GYN to try and stop it but nothing is working, I have had an ultrasound, bloodwork, etc. The only thing that is different in my life is IP.

I have lost over 30 pounds and I am so thrilled and haven't wanted to stop the protocol, but this is getting crazy now! I have been seeing 2 different coaches at my clinic, one I like, one I don't and they have been next to useless. The week I gained my hydration was way down and the coach told me I am probably retaining water?

Yesterday, I saw a third coach at my clinic and she suggested because of my TOM issues to try the Alternative protocol, I think it is for diabetics? Has anyone had success still losing with this plan?

Any thoughts or help are appreciated! Thank you!
Welcome to my world!!! Your TOM issues are caused from the burning of fat stores. Fat stores estrogen, and when you burn fat cells it releases an overload of estrogen into your body, which messes up your normal cycle. Many people experience TOM's several times a month, or TOM for the first time in years, etc. I had one last 28 days a few weeks back. Mine are all over the place. This is one of the side effects of IP, but it's because we are burning fat!!! We have to take the good with the bad. As long as your tests are good, then you might want to just deal with it knowing it won't last forever
Old 06-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

yay for 121!! had my weigh in a little earlier today, so i could start phase three today instead of tomorrow...yea i was excited. breakfast was awesome, but hard to stop. i had to remind myself to savor the flavor and don't scarf. it was so damn good. lol anyway.. two weeks of this then i'm in maintenance! i can't believe it's here. 6 months ago, i thought "i'll never get there.. i'll never make it to phase 4 successfully" and here i am! i can't wait to have rice and all the veggies i want. it's so funny because before, i was STRUGGLING to get 2 cups in at each meal... now i'm like darn it, i want more. i will have as many carrots and peas and green beans as i want. ugh i'm so excited. KEEP ON TRUCKING EVERYONE! you all are doing maaaa-velous! woo hoo for getting healthy !!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, I am in San Diego, this is only day 2 for me OP. Yesterday went well, wanted to eat everything last night but didnt, so went to bed.
Anyway, have a huge loss in one day, but I know that is jus my crazy body, the real weighin will be on Monday. Though I go with my niece to Weight Watcher meetings on Tuesdays, she has done really well on it since January, but I have been going for 4 weeks and just could not get motivated, IP has been really successful for some of my friends and I think less carbs is what I need, so anyway. On to day two! And at least for once I will have a loss at WW! they dont need to know how! BTW down 7.6 in one day...I know that is water etc, but still feels great!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #43  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Ugh - I just finished TOM last Friday and it came back today...Part II, I'm barely getting over Part I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Hi, I went on a girls weekend and all the wheels fell off of my dieting. Started again yesterday. How do some of you guys keep the will power to stay on as long as you do? I have lost about 20 pounds in 5 weeks but still need to lose another 15 to 20. Any advice?? Summer is so social and in the middle of all of this we are moving from Boston to Utah...so I am stressed and I don't want to turn to food!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny5228 View Post
I have a confession to make and I also need some advice. I have been on Ideal Protein for almost 4 weeks, and I have not cheated even once until last night, and so far I have lost 13.8 lbs. I had the WORST day possible yesterday and just said screw it last night! I ate 2 tacos and 3 pieces of pizza AND a coke!!! Afterwards I felt so guilty and the food didn't even taste that good. So now that I know cheating isn't worth it I will NEVER EVER do it again!! Now, I assume i am out of Ketosis, how long will it take for me to be in it again? My next weigh in isn't until Friday, is there anything I can do to make sure I don't gain? Does anyone think I will gain? I would like to still loose 1 lbs.
All you can do is go back to the program, drink your water, follow the protocol - it's that simple. There are no shortcuts - only longcuts (cheating) - it works if you follow it, you both know this after proving to yourself you could lose 20lb in 5 weeks and 13.8lb in 4 weeks, respectively. Just figure out your triggers and work on strategies to avoid it in the future or how to deal with it next time it happens. The odds are you will have a crappy WI, but you know why - just get back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
aww, thank you.....and yes....insomnia...i am experiencing this more on this protocol than i have ever had to deal with it in the past...and then just when i finally drift to sleep....ahhhhh....wonderful sleep.....i WAKE UP because i have to go to the loo!!! ooo where is the justice!!!!!! haha
I've been having extended insomnia too! It stinks! I think it may be related to TOM-Part II. I usually have sleep problems during 'that week' - but it decided to come back today 3 days after Part I. Crazy fat burning released estrogen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
It is so hard to believe that this diet, which is so restrictive, is the easiest diet I've ever followed. For years I've excercised the deception that I know everything about nutrition and I know what is good for me and that a little cheat here or there (read every single day, usually multiple times a day) won't make a difference. I've lied to myself and this deception has cost me years of good healthy and healthy attitude.

Now I've had to admit I know virtually nothing and am finally listening to the advice from experts and from those who have navigated the path before me. For years I would have thought that eating such restrictive meals would feel like bondage. I am amazed that it really feels like freedom.
GrandmaKiss - you have just perfectly laid out what my mindset was for years. What a realization, IP has truly taught me a lot about myself and nutrition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
So, I tried working out again this morning. Actually, I had a training session. I tried timing my restricted IP food to 30 minutes before the session and it seemed to work. Toward the end of the hour, I was sooo ready to be finished but I wasn't nauseous, now did I throw up, so that is good. LOL! Immediately after my session, I had an IP Ready Made Mango Drink. I feel great.
Talked with my IP gal yesterday extensively about my workouts. I am losing muscle and it is probably because I am not working out. She said I could continue to train and spin, just time the restricted higher carb IP before and have a 4th packet immediately after (Just as all you smart people already told me ). She said we could even make my IP's 2 restricted and 2 unrestricted if need be, the thing is to adjust the program to fit my needs. I just know, I have lost 17 pounds and want it to continue and will adapt wherever I must but she seemed to think I could do this. Hmm.
So, we will try. I do think I will go a little lighter in spin tomorrow, though.
Thanks again for all the amazing feedback you all gave me regarding this last Friday. It means sooo much to have a support network.
Here's hoping everyone has an amazing OP day!
I was actually thinking about you lately. I was thinking with the spin class you could probably have 2 restricteds and 2 unrestricteds for your 4 packets since it's such a calorie burning workout. Honestly, this program is designed to work as is without exercise, just keep your food log updated in case you notice stalls and remember it could be due to intense workouts, so I think your plan to reduce spin intensity is a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenesuer View Post
I asked the Dr if a lot of this was water and he said no. Then again even if a lot of it was water, I don’t think he'd take the time to say so or explain.
(I think I may have mentioned before, my coach is not so hot and ALWAYS, always rushing, always pressed)

Anyway the reason I was so stunned was because I had some minor slip ups:
  • I'm a tea drinker and used skim milk in my tea, MUCH more than the allotted amt
  • a couple of days last week I was way behind on my water drinking
  • I never got all of my proper sea alt intake
  • I never got all of my proper evvo intake

You guys agree that it's all fat I lost or you think a lot of it's water?
You will find your 1st and maybe your 2nd WI to be DRAMATIC, then the rest will taper off - and yes, it is due to excess water being flushed out by the kidneys, this is what happens in ketosis - and is why it is so important to drink a lot of water. Just remember that everyone loses at different rates though. I'm assuming your clinic doesn't take measurements or body fat readings - those are very informative in determining the 'composition' of your losses. This is why I included not only lb lost, but inches, and body fat % lost in my signature - it's about more than the pounds and some WIs will show different numbers.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-19-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
How are you feeling??? I've been wondering about you
Feeling really good this morn ! You are so sweet for thinking of me ! The gassy stuff has subsided, Yay! Now the boredom has kicked in , wondering what in the world will I do for 3 more weeks ? LOL
You look terrific by the way !
Have a great IP day.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #45  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I'm 41, and according to my blood work not in menopause or even perimenopause.
You may have a issue with soy. Try to use the IP products that are lower in soy. I was fine the first 18wks but when I went back on the second time things were crazy when I ate the food high in soy. Just a thought.
Closed Thread