Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #16  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone, Looks like we have some good losses here and some wonderfully positive attitudes. Y'all bouy me up when I read you every morning, and you have replaced my snacks when I get the afternoon boredoms. Without this group I couldn't be day 20 @ 100% (I don't think I've ever gotten past day 2 on any diet before).

It is so hard to believe that this diet, which is so restrictive, is the easiest diet I've ever followed. For years I've excercised the deception that I know everything about nutrition and I know what is good for me and that a little cheat here or there (read every single day, usually multiple times a day) won't make a difference. I've lied to myself and this deception has cost me years of good healthy and healthy attitude.

Now I've had to admit I know virtually nothing and am finally listening to the advice from experts and from those who have navigated the path before me. For years I would have thought that eating such restrictive meals would feel like bondage. I am amazed that it really feels like freedom.

Thank y'all for being part of this realization.

Kristina

Last edited by GrandmaKiss; 06-19-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #17  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

A beautiful morning here in northern MI, but it's going to get HOT today and very humid. Glad we don't have too many days like this up here.

Welcome newbies, and congrats on all the great WIs! It has been almost 2 wks since my last WI (will go Thurs. a.m.), but I don't think I've lost much weight. But maybe lost some inches...my pants are baggier, and my bra cups are too big (& that's just fine with me! LOL).

Over the weekend I was working in the house and outdoors, and found myself light-headed several times. I've procrastinated on seeing my doc re: prescribed BP meds as I don't have insurance, but think I'll have to do it soon. Have been taking my BP regularly at home and it is steadily dropping!

Fresh baked bread in the house??? I'm with Longhorn too; I don't even like walking down the bread aisle at the grocery store! My VIP has been asking for a pie and so far no go. I will soon, as he has been so supportive of me, but will make one that won't tempt me much.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #18  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps!!

Weigh in #30 ws this morning and I lost 3.7 this time. Finally the scale is begining to move.

From what I have read so far there have been losses again this time, and congratulations to all of you. For those that are hitting a rut, stick it out, things will begin to move again, I promise. It is just your body having to adjust to this new style and it wants to hang onto the weight as long as possible and it will fight you all the way. Trust me, I have been dealing with it for the past 4 weigh in's. Don't let it get you down, you worrying about it will also contribute with it staying a little longer. This plan works, and we all know what to do to keep it working. Stay strong!

Welcome to all the newbies, you have made the best decision for the rest of your life! I cannot say enough good things about this plan, it is the best and I really truly feel that it has saved my life.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!
Congratulations on the scale moving again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody

So I am getting ready for our huge 60's party which we throw every 2 years. Today I will be tie dying a bunch of tablecloths. It should be a very fun and messy day.

I felt very "skinny" today so I stepped on the scale. It is going to be a good WI tomorrow.. yaaaaaaay

I hope everyone has a great day. good luck with all WI's today.
Your post made me smile this morning Cadu. Have fun with the 60's party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
Good Morning everybody! Yesterday was my first WI and I lost 7.5 lbs. I am so happy. I feel really good about that number and can't wait for the weeks a head. I hope everybody has a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findee View Post
Hi I am new here, just had my first WI in yesterday and lost 6 pounds! I was a tough first week, but reading all of your post, plus all the tips and recipes have helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
Good Morning everyone! It is a beautiful morning in Louisiana! Sunny, blue sky and I am SO excited! I am down by 12 pounds this morning and I it won't be 2 weeks until Saturday! That probably doesn't sound that incredible, unless you know me. I have NEVER lost 12 pounds in 13 days in my Life! I am positively euphoric!

The 1st week weigh ins are so awesome aren't they! Go you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Good morning everyone, Looks like we have some good losses here and some wonderfully positive attitudes. Y'all bouy me up when I read you every morning, and you have replaced my snacks when I get the afternoon boredoms. Without this group I couldn't be day 20 @ 100% (I don't think I've ever gotten past day 2 on any diet before).

It is so hard to believe that this diet, which is so restrictive, is the easiest diet I've ever followed. For years I've excercised the deception that I know everything about nutrition and I know what is good for me and that a little cheat here or there (read every single day, usually multiple times a day) won't make a difference. I've lied to myself and this deception has cost me years of good healthy and healthy attitude.

Now I've had to admit I know virtually nothing and am finally listening to the advice from experts and from those who have navigated the path before me. For years I would have thought that eating such restrictive meals would feel like bondage. I am amazed that it really feels like freedom.

Kristina
Congratulations on Day 20 @ 100% OP !! That is an achievement! Keep at it!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #19  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Today is weigh in #3. I don't go until 5 pm, so I have been making my weigh in's on my scale (first thing in the morning) my official weigh in. I started at 202 lbs three weeks ago. The scale showed 188 this morning! About 20 minutes later, it showed 189...lol. I am going to claim the 188 So, that equals 14 lbs gone forever in 3 weeks!! Yayayayayay!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #20  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
A beautiful morning here in northern MI, but it's going to get HOT today and very humid. Glad we don't have too many days like this up here.

Welcome newbies, and congrats on all the great WIs! It has been almost 2 wks since my last WI (will go Thurs. a.m.), but I don't think I've lost much weight. But maybe lost some inches...my pants are baggier, and my bra cups are too big (& that's just fine with me! LOL).

Over the weekend I was working in the house and outdoors, and found myself light-headed several times. I've procrastinated on seeing my doc re: prescribed BP meds as I don't have insurance, but think I'll have to do it soon. Have been taking my BP regularly at home and it is steadily dropping!

Fresh baked bread in the house??? I'm with Longhorn too; I don't even like walking down the bread aisle at the grocery store! My VIP has been asking for a pie and so far no go. I will soon, as he has been so supportive of me, but will make one that won't tempt me much.
@ the bigger bra cups.. I did not pay too much attention until mine fell out one day

Glad to read your BP is dropping I keep forgetting to take mine.. Will start again this evening and in the AM. My MD would like me to track it every other week.. Note to Siri.. remind me to take BP!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody

So I am getting ready for our huge 60's party which we throw every 2 years. Today I will be tie dying a bunch of tablecloths. It should be a very fun and messy day.

I felt very "skinny" today so I stepped on the scale. It is going to be a good WI tomorrow.. yaaaaaaay

I hope everyone has a great day. good luck with all WI's today.
Congratulations Carol!! I wish I lived closer also; you sound like such a fun family!! You are the best!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps!!

What a beautiful day here in East Tennessee, a beautiful sun rise, the sky is blue and it is going to be nice and warm, I LOVE IT!!!!

Weigh in #30 ws this morning and I lost 3.7 this time. Finally the scale is begining to move.

From what I have read so far there have been losses again this time, and congratulations to all of you. For those that are hitting a rut, stick it out, things will begin to move again, I promise. It is just your body having to adjust to this new style and it wants to hang onto the weight as long as possible and it will fight you all the way. Trust me, I have been dealing with it for the past 4 weigh in's. Don't let it get you down, you worrying about it will also contribute with it staying a little longer. This plan works, and we all know what to do to keep it working. Stay strong!

Welcome to all the newbies, you have made the best decision for the rest of your life! I cannot say enough good things about this plan, it is the best and I really truly feel that it has saved my life.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!
Thanks for all the words of encouragement! You are very supportive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
Good Morning everybody! Yesterday was my first WI and I lost 7.5 lbs. I am so happy. I feel really good about that number and can't wait for the weeks a head. I hope everybody has a great day!
Wow! That is really fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning IPeeps! Thanks for the advice from yesterday. I will do 3 unrestricted plus other protocols for a few weeks, and see if that will remove me from this plateau.
You all are such strong folks- resisting goodies and vacation foods. It inspires me.
I made my husband a fresh blueberry pie yesterday and didn't have any. You should have seen his eyes when I told him the whole thing is his. He was a very happy guy! It was worth it!
Your hubby is going to need IP if you keep doing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Hi, I went on a girls weekend and all the wheels fell off of my dieting. Started again yesterday. How do some of you guys keep the will power to stay on as long as you do? I have lost about 20 pounds in 5 weeks but still need to lose another 15 to 20. Any advice?? Summer is so social and in the middle of all of this we are moving from Boston to Utah...so I am stressed and I don't want to turn to food!
Good luck on that! It takes a lot of commitment hope you find what you need; I am rooting for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findee View Post
Hi I am new here, just had my first WI in yesterday and lost 6 pounds! I was a tough first week, but reading all of your post, plus all the tips and recipes have helped!
Six pounds is terrific!! Welcome to the forum; you will love it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
aww, thank you.....and yes....insomnia...i am experiencing this more on this protocol than i have ever had to deal with it in the past...and then just when i finally drift to sleep....ahhhhh....wonderful sleep.....i WAKE UP because i have to go to the loo!!! ooo where is the justice!!!!!! haha
I feel you pain with all the peeing...you are so funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
Good Morning everyone! It is a beautiful morning in Louisiana! Sunny, blue sky and I am SO excited! I am down by 12 pounds this morning and I it won't be 2 weeks until Saturday! That probably doesn't sound that incredible, unless you know me. I have NEVER lost 12 pounds in 13 days in my Life! I am positively euphoric!

I hope everyone has a great WI today!

Cadu, I love your picture signature. I look at your picture progress and it's so inspirational. You look wonderful!

Good day to all!

Great WI that is fantastic!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Good morning all!! Today is WI day for me and I have a feeling it is going to be another low one. I was hoping that I would be in the 180's before leaving, but that is not going to happen, oh well! I am hoping for at least a loss and not a gain. Been OP 100% so we shall see!! Last week I thought TOM was looming but it wasn't, I was just bloated and in pain per usual!

Good luck to all those WIs today and for those that already did, WTG!! 3.7 loss, WOW!!!

BTW they shouldn't have the F and G next to each other, I originally typed WTF! haha!!
Your WI may be better than you think; maybe you are losing fat and inches.

Quote:

Kristina
Glad you are here you're doing fantastic!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

Glad you're here. Please be careful with that BP... I also am having to lower my meds and that is one reason I am glad I go to a clinic is to have my coach be in contact with my doc to keep her aprised of my BP so they can work together on this. Your VIP can go out for pie if he really needs it, lol
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Wishing you all a day of wonderfulness! I pray that you stay OP and have a fun time doing this!! Bless you all! I just love this place and you all!!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #23  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

This is so true. I feel really free on this diet. I've heard that freedom really means that we choose our own limits and "bonds." Well, I choose this for the long haul. Thanks for sharing your insights, Kristina. Have a great day!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'5

Good Morning everyone!

I have a confession to make and I also need some advice. I have been on Ideal Protein for almost 4 weeks, and I have not cheated even once until last night, and so far I have lost 13.8 lbs. I had the WORST day possible yesterday and just said screw it last night! I ate 2 tacos and 3 pieces of pizza AND a coke!!! Afterwards I felt so guilty and the food didn't even taste that good. So now that I know cheating isn't worth it I will NEVER EVER do it again!! Now, I assume i am out of Ketosis, how long will it take for me to be in it again? My next weigh in isn't until Friday, is there anything I can do to make sure I don't gain? Does anyone think I will gain? I would like to still loose 1 lbs.

Any advice would help, I feel super crummy that I cheated, its just not worth it. Lesson learned!!

Thanks,
Jennifer
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #25  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny5228 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I have a confession to make and I also need some advice. I have been on Ideal Protein for almost 4 weeks, and I have not cheated even once until last night, and so far I have lost 13.8 lbs. I had the WORST day possible yesterday and just said screw it last night! I ate 2 tacos and 3 pieces of pizza AND a coke!!! Afterwards I felt so guilty and the food didn't even taste that good. So now that I know cheating isn't worth it I will NEVER EVER do it again!! Now, I assume i am out of Ketosis, how long will it take for me to be in it again? My next weigh in isn't until Friday, is there anything I can do to make sure I don't gain? Does anyone think I will gain? I would like to still loose 1 lbs.

Any advice would help, I feel super crummy that I cheated, its just not worth it. Lesson learned!!

Thanks,
Jennifer
What made you go off the plan with 2 tacos, pizza & coke? If you can find what the trigger was that will help you stay OP in the future. Drink lots of water and stay on plan. Oh and forgive yourself
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #26  
started IP 3/30/12

It is 9:50 where I am and the teen and pre teen are still asleep.. Joys of summer.. soon to be blasted with the sound of the vacuum cleaner Have a great OP day all
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Good Tuesday morning everyone, here's hoping everyone with WI's today are big losers. My WI is tomorrow evening, I don't think I lost too much this week (lost 4 lbs. last week) so if anyone knows where that darn Whoosh Fairy is could you please send her to me I could use her this week. Welcome to all the newbies, just stick to the plan and the weight will come off just look at everyone's progress. Those who weigh themselves every morning (like me) don't stress if your weight goes up and down it is normal, and for gosh sakes if you do stress over it stay off the scale. Here's wishing everyone a great OP day.

FYI - there are 2 Tuesday Chats June 19, 2012, it is a bit confusing.

Last edited by rvingprincess; 06-19-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

I have a few questions I am hoping someone has BTDT or has some insight. This may be TMI for some. I am just starting my 17th week on IP and I have had TOM since week 8, couple of heavy days, then several light days, then maybe a day off, then the process starts all over again. I have been working with my GYN to try and stop it but nothing is working, I have had an ultrasound, bloodwork, etc. The only thing that is different in my life is IP.

I have lost over 30 pounds and I am so thrilled and haven't wanted to stop the protocol, but this is getting crazy now! I have been seeing 2 different coaches at my clinic, one I like, one I don't and they have been next to useless. The week I gained my hydration was way down and the coach told me I am probably retaining water?

Yesterday, I saw a third coach at my clinic and she suggested because of my TOM issues to try the Alternative protocol, I think it is for diabetics? Has anyone had success still losing with this plan?

Any thoughts or help are appreciated! Thank you!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #29  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Workout success!

So, I tried working out again this morning. Actually, I had a training session. I tried timing my restricted IP food to 30 minutes before the session and it seemed to work. Toward the end of the hour, I was sooo ready to be finished but I wasn't nauseous, now did I throw up, so that is good. LOL! Immediately after my session, I had an IP Ready Made Mango Drink. I feel great.
Talked with my IP gal yesterday extensively about my workouts. I am losing muscle and it is probably because I am not working out. She said I could continue to train and spin, just time the restricted higher carb IP before and have a 4th packet immediately after (Just as all you smart people already told me ). She said we could even make my IP's 2 restricted and 2 unrestricted if need be, the thing is to adjust the program to fit my needs. I just know, I have lost 17 pounds and want it to continue and will adapt wherever I must but she seemed to think I could do this. Hmm.
So, we will try. I do think I will go a little lighter in spin tomorrow, though.
Thanks again for all the amazing feedback you all gave me regarding this last Friday. It means sooo much to have a support network.
Here's hoping everyone has an amazing OP day!
Lee

WI#1: -12.4 lbs
WI#2: -5.4 lbs
Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Good morning everyone ! well today is my WI after 2 weeks, I had surgery last week and missed my Tues WI , so I hope the scale moved in the right direction ! I havent put anything in my mouth that I wasnt supposed to, but I have not been eating my veggies due to the gas in my belly! But I will start slowly today.I will let yall know when I get back.
Closed Thread