Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #46  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

foxxybrown - Thank you for the info re: replacements. I was wondering how much might be 'too much' of them.

It has been almost 2 weeks since my last WI. I know I've lost a bit, but seems like I stalled last week. Stayed 100% OP, so wasn't expecting it so soon into the program. WI on Thurs. morn.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Default Increase price in IP items

Last visit the packets were $4.25, instead of $4. Anyone else paying more?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #48  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I know there are probably tons of threads on here about this, but it's so hard to find things, I think. Anyway, I'm just placing my second IP food order. this food is so expensive, plus I'm paying $25 shipping, which is like $4 per box, which is CRAZY. If I start using alternatives in place of 1 or 2 of the IP foods per day, will my coach drop me, or what happens? I guess I don't really care if she does, but would like to know. I do it all over the phone and internet, since there isn't a clinic around here.
That is CRAZY! You can get $27/box or $4/packet with free US shipping at The Protein Store: http://shopforprotein.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I've been reading the thread about using baking powder to keep pudding muffins for collapsing in an unatractive heap. The first ingredient in my baking powder is cornstarch. Isn't that a no-no?
In 1 tsp of Baking Powder:
Calories 5
Fat 0.02g
Carbs 2.34g
Protein 0g
Calorie breakdown: 3% fat, 97% carbs, 0% protein

Most recipes call for 1/4tsp, so this breaks down to adding 1.25cals and <0.6g carbs - which is negligible, but should be counted as an 'extra' - since it is in the same class as the 0/0/0 freebies of WF, Splenda, etc.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, everyone! This forum is so encouraging, I just wanted to jump in!

Had my first weigh in today, and I lost 5.6lbs! Woo-hoo!

(MEN MIGHT WANT TO COVER THEIR EARS (EYES) ABOUT NOW!) haha...

I have learned that my TOM could cause problems for me on this diet. Unfortunately, after having my daughter, I decided to use an IUD for contraception. Since then, it is my TOM every day to every two days. This goes on all month long, and has been for almost a year now. She thinks I may retain extra fluids and it could be a reason for me being hungry all the time.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

Anyway, still a good day! Thanks, everyone!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #50  

Height: 5'2"

Kaypix and Sharon Teacher where in South Dakota do you live? (If you don't mind my asking?) My DH's family lives in Sioux Falls and he and I both went to college there. It's a great city!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #51  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Hey everyone!! It's a little dreary here in Maryland but I'm making the best of it! I brought my mushroom soup I have been OP for the 6 days I have been on the diet! And the first few days weren't as difficult as I thought it would be. I love reading everyones successes here, it's so motivating! KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #52  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I know there are probably tons of threads on here about this, but it's so hard to find things, I think. Anyway, I'm just placing my second IP food order. this food is so expensive, plus I'm paying $25 shipping, which is like $4 per box, which is CRAZY. If I start using alternatives in place of 1 or 2 of the IP foods per day, will my coach drop me, or what happens? I guess I don't really care if she does, but would like to know. I do it all over the phone and internet, since there isn't a clinic around here.
If you don't say anything then she won't know. Almost from the beginning I have been using the EAS shakes and now I'm starting to buy the pure protein bars instead of the bars from my clinic. My coach doesn't ask and I don't mention.

I'm back home in San Francisco visiting friends and family till tomorrow and having a lot of fun. Most everyone hasn't seen me since last December and were amazed at how different I looked. My favorite was from my
13 year old nephew. My brother told me later that my nephew saw me getting out of the car and ran up to my brother to say , "Holy crap, wait till you see Aunt Dana!"
Old 06-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #53  

Height: 5'2"

DanafromAustin, What a great reaction from your Nephew! Don't you love surprising people with the "New You"? Your stats are great !
Old 06-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #54  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

At my clinic it is $28 p/box of 7 packets (this includes the price increase effective June 1), and you can mix/match what you want in a box. I don't buy extra packets, so not sure what they cost individually. I have been researching alternative products, and will probably go with some of them soon. Have any of your clinics stopped carrying the Chocolate or Orange pancake/muffin mixes? Mine has, and I'd really like to try one of the recipes using the Orange.

Hoping for good WIs this week for everyone! Stay OP
Old 06-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #55  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Smile Today was good (and sad)

Today started off great. Went to WI#2 and lost another 5.4 lbs. That is a total of 17.8 lbs. I was pumped. I am so glad I am doing this, and so thankful for the support of all of you.

The scary part of my visit is to see that dangerous fat content. I lost a good friend to a massive heart attack and that is when I decided to do something about my health. Then, this morning, another dear friend had a massive heart attack. He survived and is awaiting emergency surgery.

It is a real eye opener to me to see the damage I have done to my body, and scary to think that could be me. When I see my fat content at my weigh-ins in the dangerous zone, it is scary! Thank you all for your support as we go on this adventure together. It is about losing weight and looking/feeling better, but is more about getting out bodies healthy again so we don't fear things like heart attacks. Yikes! So real when it hits so close to home.

Have a great day and sorry if I am being a downer. I am not trying to be! All this just makes me realize how much more important it is that we all be doing this and can do it supporting each other. Thanks!

Have an awesome day. I think I am going to go enjoy being with my children at a pool. Gonna be a hot day here.

Lee

WI#1: -12.4 lbs
WI#2: -5.4 lbs
Old 06-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
good morning everyone!! hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!! i went bike riding yesterday woot woot and loved feeling the wind in my hair!! i haven't been on that bike in over a year and a half and it felt so good. i rode 4.5 miles and have now tracked out a 10 miles ride in my neighborhood so will be working up to that!! thanks to MOMPATTIE!!! who inspired me to get riding again!!

i also had a 2.2 pound loss this week...week 7 so am sooo happy because i was getting on and off that scale too much this week...and it was toying with me all week, up .8 down .4 up .2 down .2 up.3 etc...so i was so frustrated but kept reading ALL OF YOUR INSPIRING JOURNEY'S AND STAYED STRONG AND KEPT DOING WHAT I KNEW I SHOULD BE DOING....and in the end the scale relented and there was a 2.2 loss this morning!! thank you LORD!!!!!!! THANK YOU all you amazing and beautiful IP peeps!! you all encourage me to keep going!!
WAY TO GO!!! I'm so proud of you!!! Make sure you have the wind on your face, instead of the wind through your hair, as you should have a helmet on to protect your noggin! LOL! Great WI too!! YAHOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreweight View Post
Good afternoon, everyone! This forum is so encouraging, I just wanted to jump in!

Had my first weigh in today, and I lost 5.6lbs! Woo-hoo!

(MEN MIGHT WANT TO COVER THEIR EARS (EYES) ABOUT NOW!) haha...

I have learned that my TOM could cause problems for me on this diet. Unfortunately, after having my daughter, I decided to use an IUD for contraception. Since then, it is my TOM every day to every two days. This goes on all month long, and has been for almost a year now. She thinks I may retain extra fluids and it could be a reason for me being hungry all the time.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

Anyway, still a good day! Thanks, everyone!
I take the depo shot and haven't had a TOM for over a year. But the past month and a half, I have had 2 cycles! Crazy!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #57  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Hi All hope you are having a good day.

I had weigh in today and lost 1.2lbs considering the hard week (mentally staying OP that I had). What I learned from this week is that I need a restricted- I was trying to do no restricted and it backfired The good news is I hit WONDERLAND

The coaches at our clinic went to meet with Dr Tran in Boston and came back excited as can be. . However the director of the clinic tends to communicate harshly and laid into me and said if I cannot stay 100% she will drop me.. Someone else called to schedule and appt and got the same lecture. The person who called now plans to just order the products online and not go to the clnic anymore because she did not need the lecture. Me, I am less sensitive and understand the delivery was harsh but the intention is good.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Thanks DanafromAustin & LizRR!!! That website you gave me Liz also has more variety than what I was choosing from. I supposed I should've done more reading! I feel like I've been reading so much on here, but there's no way I'll every read it all!! So, I already place an order on www.shopforprotein.com!! Hopefully I'll get it fast, before my vacation starting Saturday!!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #59  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
Today started off great. Went to WI#2 and lost another 5.4 lbs. That is a total of 17.8 lbs. I was pumped. I am so glad I am doing this, and so thankful for the support of all of you.

The scary part of my visit is to see that dangerous fat content. I lost a good friend to a massive heart attack and that is when I decided to do something about my health. Then, this morning, another dear friend had a massive heart attack. He survived and is awaiting emergency surgery.

It is a real eye opener to me to see the damage I have done to my body, and scary to think that could be me. When I see my fat content at my weigh-ins in the dangerous zone, it is scary! Thank you all for your support as we go on this adventure together. It is about losing weight and looking/feeling better, but is more about getting out bodies healthy again so we don't fear things like heart attacks. Yikes! So real when it hits so close to home.

Have a great day and sorry if I am being a downer. I am not trying to be! All this just makes me realize how much more important it is that we all be doing this and can do it supporting each other. Thanks!

Have an awesome day. I think I am going to go enjoy being with my children at a pool. Gonna be a hot day here.

Lee

I am sorry to read about the friend you lost and the other who is recovering from a massive heart attack Yes we all need to get to healthy BMIs so we do not have that experience!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #60  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
My brother told me later that my nephew saw me getting out of the car and ran up to my brother to say , "Holy crap, wait till you see Aunt Dana!"
I love it! What a great NSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
together. It is about losing weight and looking/feeling better, but is more about getting out bodies healthy again so we don't fear things like heart attacks.
ITA. Sorry about your friend(s). Seeing someone close to us suddenly suffer or die from a heart attack is certainly an eye opener. While I'm delighted with the asthetic improvements to my figure and general looks as I slim down, it's the awareness that I'm improving the state of my overall health so much that thrills me even more. I have a Drs. check-up the middle of next month, and I think she's going to be amazed at the changes in me!
Closed Thread