Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane59 View Post
Good morning all... my first post in here.... I had my WI this morning and I am down another 2 pounds... so I am happy with that. Have a great day everyone
Wecome Jane!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #17  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Good morning all... my first post in here.... I had my WI this morning and I am down another 2 pounds... so I am happy with that. Have a great day everyone
Congrats!!! Keep up the good work
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
Have a great OP day!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #19  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post

What type of gum do you chew? And did you see the message that I met the doctor and coaches from your clinic? Told them you are such an encouragement!

Still reeling from the seminar and feel more determined!! Got to meet Dr. Trah Tien and hear different speakers explain even more of the science behind the diet and how important it is for us to meet weekly with our coaches and to stay true to the plan! Also realized how if you use a lot of replacements (WF, etc.) that though it says it is 0 carbs/sugar, it may have .99999 grams of carbs/sugar and if you have multiples of that in a day it can add up and sabotage your diet. That's why I'm thinking I may really measure and only use substitutes 1-2 times a day. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

That's exciting that you got to meet Dr. Trah Tien. I find it rather confusing, what with different coaches seeming to give different information. For example, the issue of frequency of use of WF additions, etc. I'm hoping that you're able to share more of what you learned during the recent seminar.

------------------------

Good morning to everyone. It's an overcast day here in Central Ontario, with promises of rain on and off for most of the day. Still a bit on the muggy side though.

I just want to wish everyone a great OP day. Good luck to those who have WIs today.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #20  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! This was my first weekend on IP and I had a good friend come to visit. Fortunately, she is also on a special eating program, although she is a dancer and has a dancer's body and is not interested in losing weight. However, she was really supportive and we were able to cook and share our dinners together: Seasoned, grilled vegetables, chicken, asparagus, steak... It was yummy and fun for me, who lives alone, to cook with someone and eat this healthy food together.

I'm on day five and not sure if I'm in ketosis yet. I may be starting to go into it. I feel pretty good and have a couple of questions. Most can wait until I see the coach in two days but I'd love some feedback on two things:

My coach said that if I get leg cramps at night I should drink some pickle juice. THe pickles that I have are kosher dills and have 1g of carb. That doesn't seem right to drink on this diet. Did anyone else get this advice? How much pickle juice? (I almost posted this last night at 1 AM.)

Second question: If I eat my snack in the afternoon, can I still take the cal-mags at night without food? I read the FAQs and found it's fine to eat the snack in the late afternoon, but also found that the mag in the cal-mag promotes restful sleep.

Other than that, things are good. I've been doctoring the soups and adding vegetables and I like them. I'm here for the long haul. First WI is on Wednesday and I'm excited about that!

Thanks to all of you for your inspiration and community.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Just checking in to say Hi! I hope everyone has a great day! Wuv or anyone else that that can use a computer, can I e-mail you some before and after pics that I want to post but need resizing? I am so bad on computers.
Have a great OP day!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #22  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

good morning everyone!! hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!! i went bike riding yesterday woot woot and loved feeling the wind in my hair!! i haven't been on that bike in over a year and a half and it felt so good. i rode 4.5 miles and have now tracked out a 10 miles ride in my neighborhood so will be working up to that!! thanks to MOMPATTIE!!! who inspired me to get riding again!!

i also had a 2.2 pound loss this week...week 7 so am sooo happy because i was getting on and off that scale too much this week...and it was toying with me all week, up .8 down .4 up .2 down .2 up.3 etc...so i was so frustrated but kept reading ALL OF YOUR INSPIRING JOURNEY'S AND STAYED STRONG AND KEPT DOING WHAT I KNEW I SHOULD BE DOING....and in the end the scale relented and there was a 2.2 loss this morning!! thank you LORD!!!!!!! THANK YOU all you amazing and beautiful IP peeps!! you all encourage me to keep going!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #23  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Quote:
Welcome, Jane! And congrats on your WI! I am also new here. This board is amazing and so full of support!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have :-)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #24  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I had a 1.25 WI as my weigh in on Friday. I'm trying to cut out the restricted foods, but its really hard. How about 1/2 bar/day plus 2 IP drinks? or 1/2 pack of ridges with 2 drinks? Along with the salad, protein and veggies- is that good enough? Or am I limiting myself and loosing nutrients?
I think the restricteds are not that high in nutritional value, although I could be out of bounds with that. Have you tried adding another actual packet in place of the restricted? Maybe make a pudding instead of eating a bar and see if that fills you up a little better? If you're sensitive to carbs the restricteds could be making you stay hungrier than if you were in full fledged ketosis. I'd definitely say talk to your coach about it.

Quote:
Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
My coach said that if I get leg cramps at night I should drink some pickle juice. THe pickles that I have are kosher dills and have 1g of carb. That doesn't seem right to drink on this diet. Did anyone else get this advice? How much pickle juice? (I almost posted this last night at 1 AM.)
Second question: If I eat my snack in the afternoon, can I still take the cal-mags at night without food? I read the FAQs and found it's fine to eat the snack in the late afternoon, but also found that the mag in the cal-mag promotes restful sleep.
http://healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.edu/pickleJuice.htm there's an article about pickle juice reducing muslce cramps, they are high in salt and potassium. The potassium is my theory on why they solve muscle cramps not associated with exercise. If my legs start hurting (and it's always my legs) I pop an extra potassium pill at night (i'm on alternative products,s o this ends up being 3 potassium gluconate in a day) and by morning my legs are fine. I think I get cramps maybe...once every other week?

Yes magnesium helps with sleep, it's weird but it does. I take my supplements right before bed without having eating since dinner most nights (sometimes I'll have a hot chocolate wonderslim product around 8PM but not after that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Just checking in to say Hi! I hope everyone has a great day! Wuv or anyone else that that can use a computer, can I e-mail you some before and after pics that I want to post but need resizing? I am so bad on computers.
Have a great OP day!
I'd be happy to, [email protected] is my e-mail addy.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #25  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking Monday Weigh In

Well I had my weigh in today, down 2 pounds, and I'm good with that, since it's higher than the two weeks prior, and involved a lot of salty asparagus last night with dinner and some C issues this weekend, which I'm happy to say seem to have cleared up.

I think i "overdid' it this weekend helping with DH's motorcycle, it was about 90 degrees out both days and I know I drank my regular 100 oz of water but think that I needed some more than that, and that may have contributed to my C issues.

So today I'm officially at 172.6 which is only 2.6 pounds from "woohoo!" 170, so kind of pumped about that.

Sending the Whoosh Fairy to the IPers out there who haven't had their weigh in yet today and for the rest of the week. Sending out to those who are feeling strained or stressed this week, and will attempt to check in later.

We are trying to finish the bike by Friday AM, so this week will be a LOT of late nights and early mornings I suspect...I get to paint and prime the tins and use this cool stuff called Plastidip which basically puts a coating of plastic over the metal, and it can be PEELED off, how cool is that? I vote very very cool! Will post pics of the bike when it's all said and done, it's gonna be so awesome!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Just a quick check-in to say hi and wish everyone a happy Monday! I weighed in this morning and was only down 1.4 pounds. It's TOM, so I know (or hope) its just water retention (I was 100% OP). Looking forward to a big loss next week.

Foxxy: I'm really interested to hear what Dr. Tien had to say - what an awesome opportunity to hear him speak!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #27  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
I have been traveling for business, and it is super hard to stay on diet while traveling. I find it difficult and costly to get all the food you need-- one night I had to go out to dinner again after a fancy french restaurant where I didn't get enough protein or veggies in. I'm in a bit of a stall, and I'm wondering if it's:
a) the chocolate chip cookie (IP) that I am having every day. It has 23 g. cho. Should this be restricted to 2x/week?
or
b) 5 pcs. of sugarless gum that I have been having to avoid cheating (could this gum put me out of ketosis?)
Any thoughts?
My coach said the chocolate chip cookies are the highest in carbs of all the products when I asked about them (and didn't get them). I saw someone else chimed in that they are 2x/week - which would make sense. This could be the source of your stall. As for the gum, if it avoids you from cheating, then I would think the 5 pieces are worth it - but make sure to take into consideration the other 'extras' you are having a day (Splenda, Walden Farms, Miracle Noodles, etc). My coach limits my 0/0/0's to 6 or less/day since they generally have ~4calories & just <1 carb each (just enough to be labeled 0/0/0 by the FDA - but not truly 'zero').

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I had a 1.25 WI as my weigh in on Friday. I'm trying to cut out the restricted foods, but its really hard. How about 1/2 bar/day plus 2 IP drinks? or 1/2 pack of ridges with 2 drinks? Along with the salad, protein and veggies- is that good enough? Or am I limiting myself and loosing nutrients?
I don't think 'halving' your restricteds is the way to go, you will be cutting your protein & nutrient intake as well. Have you thought about doing a 2 egg white recipe with an unrestricted in place of your restricted (crispy cereal pancakes or pudding waffles)? That may satisfy the 'carb tooth' that the restricteds seem to get and give a little boost of all protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Still reeling from the seminar and feel more determined!! Got to meet Dr. Trah Tien and hear different speakers explain even more of the science behind the diet and how important it is for us to meet weekly with our coaches and to stay true to the plan! Also realized how if you use a lot of replacements (WF, etc.) that though it says it is 0 carbs/sugar, it may have .99999 grams of carbs/sugar and if you have multiples of that in a day it can add up and sabotage your diet. That's why I'm thinking I may really measure and only use substitutes 1-2 times a day. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!
That's awesome you got to meet The Doc! And ditto on the 0/0/0 limits - my coach warned me on Day 1 to assume that each serving is basically adding 1 carb and 4 calories each and to have 6 servings or less a day of Splenda, Walden Farms, Miracle Noodles, etc. They squeeze as much as they can to stay under the FDA guidelines to be labeled 0/0/0 - but aren't 'absolute zero'. Really, the only thing absolutely zero on this plan is water - so drink up IPeeps! Also the sugar alcohols aren't to be counted as 'free' either, since they do get partially absorbed (at different levels by each person) - the general rule is for any product with 5g or higher of sugar alcohols to count 1/2 the sugar alcohol carbs listed in the total carb count, although that's probably more for folks on Alternative products since the IP product folks do all that for us.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-18-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone!! I had a stressful weekend, so I'm really glad that I didn't cheat!! First, my daughter has lice and I'm finding it really hard to get rid of. What a pain! Then on Saturday, had to take my son to the ER -- turned out to be just a big, deep bruise on his arm. Wanted to make sure it wasn't broken. He got hit by a ball and a bat in the same spot - he plays catcher.

I was down another 0.6 this morning, so down a total of 11 pounds in 15 days. AWESOME!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #29  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

good morning everyone and congrats on all of the losses!!

I wish I was able to say I lost this week but I weighed in this morning and I am up 6 ounces. BLAH. Really discouraging when I am so close to my goal but yet it seems so far away at times.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #30  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

Joysh -

You can always grab a box of the ketostix at your local drug store and test to see where you are.

I tested on my first day of the plan and really saw the test swing nearly all the way to the other end of the spectrum when I was on day 6.

But I honestly think I knew I was in ketosis even before I ran the test on day 6. All week - I mean allll week - I felt like a truck ran over me. Felt sick to my stomach. I got each and every one of the symptoms the plan lists. My headaches got so bad I had to go home early from work one day.

I'm on day 8 and I feel a little better now tho - still very very tired but headaches mostly gone.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I'm on day five and not sure if I'm in ketosis yet. I may be starting to go into it. I feel pretty good and have a couple of questions. Most can wait until I see the coach in two days but I'd love some feedback on two things:
Closed Thread