Old 06-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #1  

Default Want to do IP but..

I'm new here (at least I think I am, LOL! When I tried to register, it said my email was already in use so maybe a long time ago....). I'd love to try the IP diet but honestly, I can't afford the actual program as it's $100+ to get started and then $90/week in my town. With three kids and on one income, that's just not going to happen.

Does anyone know of a way to do it - follow the plan - but not buy the actual IP stuff? If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Jenn
rabrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Jen
Check out the threads on here about alternatives. Many people here including myself are using the alternative products with great success.
Good luck to you
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrog View Post
I'm new here (at least I think I am, LOL! When I tried to register, it said my email was already in use so maybe a long time ago....). I'd love to try the IP diet but honestly, I can't afford the actual program as it's $100+ to get started and then $90/week in my town. With three kids and on one income, that's just not going to happen.

Does anyone know of a way to do it - follow the plan - but not buy the actual IP stuff? If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Jenn

Jenn,
I am following the plan, but I am using Alternative Products. I buy the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Ready to drink Shakes and the Pure Protein Bars. I buy my shake at Walmart 4 pack for $4.74, Sam's also carries them by the case for around $28.00. The Pure Protein Bars I buy at Kroger's. They have the best variaty. I also have been buying Detour Bars from Sams, a case is $19.00 and I really love these, they are kinda like a Snickers Bar. You can also purchase Alternative Products from NashuaNutrition.com. Alot of people use the ProtiDiet products from there.
Here is what my day consists of:

B-Protein Bar and a cup of coffee
L-Shake and 2 cups of Veggies
D-8 oz Protein and I have had great success so far using these. You can also purchase some cups of veggies
S- around 9:00 pm Shake

This plan can be followed using alternative products, there are alot of us on here. I cannot afford to purchase the "True" diet myself, and I followed this site and Wuv for months while researching everything I could before making my decision. I have shown the plan to my doctor and he said it is a good one. Print off the Sheets, carry the Nutritional Information sheet with you when you go shopping so you can find the closest product to what the sheet has. My sheet is always in my purse.

Welcome and good luck!!
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

You can do it. I use some IP and some alternatives. Yesterday on the way home from work I had an IP vanilla ready to drink shake and Oh My what a difference in taste. It was a sample, I'm not sure what they cost but it was really good. I think I will stick with RTD shakes from EAS at Walmart but the taste difference is huge. My goal is to lose weight, live longer and happier so I can take the taste of an EAS shake at like $4 for 4 vs ?$4 for IP, not sure on that price.

I also love and recommend pure protien bars, I get them at wally world too. They taste better than the IP and Proto Thin bars I've had and they're much cheaper. Listen to Cadu and check out the alternative threads, look above at the stickies to find TONS of great info.

Give this program a try, I have three kids too, do it for yourself and your babies!

Good Luck.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Ahh see Riss and I were typing about the same time but she has better info! Nashu has good stuff and really good pricing.

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-13-2012 at 06:49 AM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote