3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   what do you see... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260926-what-do-you-see.html)

Longhorn Energy 06-12-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4369291)
I see a board full of fantastic, loving, big hearted people who are supporting complete strangers and bonding in a journey together. I see a board full of gorgeous people who are changing their lives, becoming healthier and happier!!! I see amazing things happening here everyday and I'm inspired to keep on my journey!! Plus if i stop Wuvs coming up to Canada to give me a dose of whoop ***!!

Im coming east to hold ya down for wuv...

Great, fantastic post...we need to got together after this so i can buy you a beer. Or maybe root beer, im not sure i will remember how to drink after im done this.

mompattie 06-12-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4369342)
Im coming east to hold ya down for wuv...

Great, fantastic post...we need to got together after this so i can buy you a beer. Or maybe root beer, im not sure i will remember how to drink after im done this.

I will hold you to that!!! DH grandmother lives in the Hat, so we may be making a trip out the with the kids this summer! :cool:

Tripmama 06-13-2012 08:45 AM

I am the opposite...I am thinking I am looking good!

Barb4640 06-13-2012 08:56 AM

There are some things that feel different, down a size in jeans and stuff, but what seems worse it's nobody else has said anything either. I am down 15lbs, but maybe that is just not enough to notice. My dad passes away this passed year, it will be 1 year on July 1st, and in this past year I have put on about 20lbs, so maybe that is also a reason why people haven't said anything. I was at least hoping family would say something. I do have a sister who I confide in and she has been nothing but supportive and loving and struggles to with weight.

sanaroph 06-13-2012 09:35 AM

I have noticed that I fit into smaller clothes then I feel good until I look in the mirror and realise yes I am getting better but do have a distance to go.. so must keep at it ~stilltryingtofindmymotivation~

NOVAScents 06-13-2012 09:40 AM

Back in 2001 I had a gastric bypass and lost 150lbs. Even then I still couldn't see this thin person. I'm under what I was after my bypass and in picture I can see the thin person, but when I look in the mirror (usually naked LOL) I just see all this skin and YUCK, you know? Maybe one day I'll get a mommy makeover and get all this... YUCK lifted, because really, at 28 my boobs should NOT be at my belly button.

greeniris 06-13-2012 09:43 AM

Oh you guys, I teared up reading all your posts! I don't see any change in my face in the mirror, but others say they do. Looking in the full-length mirror straight on I don't see any changes either, but if turn sideways I see some change. However, I did notice in my shadow the other night that I have a waist now.

For me, I've wondered if I "let" myself get fat because I was generally unhappy, or if the unhappiness is a result of being so heavy. Kind of the chicken & egg type of question... I have in recent years made some pretty drastic life changes and so feel better about myself and life in general. Might be why this is the right time to lose the excess and get healthier?????

KBig 06-13-2012 09:49 AM

Im seeing me shrink... I still see a tummy but much less of it... my ghetto booty is transforming into just a round da way girl booty lol .

I like what I see, and Im trusting what I see.... the process is a real mind trip,.

Mom3LoveBugs 06-13-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAScents (Post 4369660)
Back in 2001 I had a gastric bypass and lost 150lbs. Even then I still couldn't see this thin person. I'm under what I was after my bypass and in picture I can see the thin person, but when I look in the mirror (usually naked LOL) I just see all this skin and YUCK, you know? Maybe one day I'll get a mommy makeover and get all this... YUCK lifted, because really, at 28 my boobs should NOT be at my belly button.

I see the same when I'm naked... a ton of loose skin. That is why I am getting a Mommy Makeover in October. Bye-bye tummy and hello boobs! ;)

sangria12 06-13-2012 10:31 AM

A friend of mine lost a lot of weight on IP and she still wears baggy clothes/old sizes. She's not ready to embrace the "new her" yet I guess. When I told her she should try on some size 8's she looked at me like I was crazy.

I'm not there yet. :) But I think its normal. You have to get used to the "new you". I think taking photos is such a healthy way of reminding yourself how far you've come as numbers don't really have the same effect KWIM?

~Keira

LizRR 06-13-2012 10:39 AM

I have to look at pictures to see the "new me" at 162lb/size 8, although I think I always saw the "usual me" at ~185lb/size 12, even when I was 220lb/size 16! I don't see the difference in the mirror in my face, especially when I focus on my stomach from the front but when I turn to the side I can definitely tell that my booty is gone and my stomach looks flatter in clothes (but again, I can see naked that I have a gut going I can tuck into my jeans!). Also my back fat is disappearing, so that's a plus!

healthmatters 06-13-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4369676)
Im seeing me shrink... I still see a tummy but much less of it... my ghetto booty is transforming into just a round da way girl booty lol .

I like what I see, and Im trusting what I see.... the process is a real mind trip,.

Thanks for your words. You've hit it right on!!
"Trusting what I see" I have to keep putting my new view of myself on top
of my old view of myself. For many years I really never looked in the mirror, but now (especially in shop dressing rooms when trying on stuff) I really enjoy the mirror. It's 115 pounds gone for me, lots of extra skin hanging around, but a SOOOOO much better body and mind. It's been a year and I
am beginning to trust what I see.

Mom3LoveBugs 06-13-2012 11:48 AM

thanks everyone, I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone...

jennydoodle 06-13-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4369278)
Definitely. After a year of maintenance I still have a tough time actually seeing me for the size I am. I usually think everyone else is smaller than me....but they really aren't.
I exercise a lot. I think I am afraid I will wake up and be bigger again.

Agreed.

It also depends on what I am wearing and what I ate and what number I saw on the scale. Sad but true, if I see I higher number than I like to see, I see "fat" in the mirror. If I like the number, I see "skinny". I also tend to "feel fat" on and after free days. I know I have not changed sizes, but it feels that way. Also, some times I wear an outfit and feel skinny, the next time I wear the same outfit and feel fat. It fluctuates, but I would say 75% of the time I like what I see in the mirror.

Porthardygurl 06-13-2012 06:13 PM

Okay i dont understand that??? How come we cant see it in the mirror in ourelves but others can??? After all, arent they seeing the same thing as what the mirror is showing us???

Ive lost 10 pounds..im only in the beginning of my journey...but my hubbers claims that my stomach looks noticibly different in size and same with my face but no matter how many times i look in the mirror, i just cant see it.