3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Ice Cream? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260908-ip-ice-cream.html)

Daisy25 06-12-2012 11:14 AM

IP Ice Cream?

Has anyone ever tried turning their IP drink mix into an IP ice cream? I came across an interesting recipe and wonder if it would work. I'm no expert in the kitchen, so what do you gals/guys think?

Here's the link to the recipe: http://idealproteinjourney.com/recip.../ip-ice-cream/

redhead14 06-12-2012 11:38 AM

It makes the best ice cream!! It sounds crazy but it is crazy good. Plus you get an arm work out shaking the bag.

Kaypix 06-12-2012 11:52 AM

I used the shake mix stuff (Alternative brand) and my little icecream maker, it was super awesome :)

dsdne 06-13-2012 08:04 AM

Omg! I don't get usually get this excited over the packet "tweeks", but this was the bomb!! Seriously, I will be having a version of this every night until I get sick of it (if that ever happens!) My husband has a bowl of ice cream every night and I usually have a shake. Last night I made my chocolate drink into ice cream and it was amazing. I seriously went to bed feeling like I had cheated and had to remind myself that I hadn't!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea!

Barb4640 06-13-2012 08:41 AM

Oh WOW!!! Thanks for shairng, I CAN'T wait to try it!!!! :)

Daisy25 06-15-2012 08:12 PM

Thanks for all the feed back! I got up the moxy to try it tonight and it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!

Bdmom 06-15-2012 08:15 PM

Sounds like a perfect treat for summertime. Thanks for posting!

softkitty 06-15-2012 08:36 PM

Sounds yummy. Now I know what I'm doing with that vanilla drink tomorrow.

usmcvet 06-15-2012 10:20 PM

I'm going to bed but I will try this tomorrow! I had a poweade zero while my three kiddies ate ice cream. It was toughest tonight because I had to hold my youngest daughters on the drive home.

usmcvet 06-15-2012 10:23 PM

I should be able to use my ice cream ball for this.

thefatrunner 06-15-2012 10:58 PM

Read this and made a ready to drink chocolate ice cream for my snack. It was awesome, thanks for the tip. Definitely try it vet!

mompattie 06-15-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4372886)
I'm going to bed but I will try this tomorrow! I had a poweade zero while my three kiddies ate ice cream. It was toughest tonight because I had to hold my youngest daughters on the drive home.

OMG now THAT people is WILL POWER!! Way to go VET!!! That's a test for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4372889)
I should be able to use my ice cream ball for this.

Let me know how this turns out, I wanted to get one of those balls for the kids to use, and now I may have a reason to get one!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefatrunner (Post 4372919)
Read this and made a ready to drink chocolate ice cream for my snack. It was awesome, thanks for the tip. Definitely try it vet!

I made it once and I over "cooked" it! LOL! But it was very good!!! I wonder if we can store it in the frozen state, and use later?

kmc1021 06-17-2012 08:05 AM

I want to make this for DH! My only problem is that I don't have any drink packets, all I do is rtd. I do have pudding packets, would that work? I just got in my order from Nashua so I don't want to do an order for one thing.

Zartas 06-17-2012 09:49 AM

A few posts back said they used RTD for the ice cream. I made it and added WF cho syrup. Ver good. Thanks for the ideas.

Skini mini 06-17-2012 08:18 PM

I just made the IP Ice Cream with a chocolate drink mix and added coconut extract instead of vanilla. It was so delicious. This could be habit forming! :)
Can't wait to try other extract favors with the drink mixes.