3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat 06/12/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260895-ip-daily-chat-06-12-12-a.html)

rissimo 06-12-2012 05:50 AM

IP Daily Chat 06/12/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

usmcvet 06-12-2012 06:37 AM

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a great day.

kmstacy 06-12-2012 06:44 AM

Good morning. This is early for me but I cant sleep so thought I would check in..I hope everyone has a great OP day!

PEIslandGirl 06-12-2012 06:53 AM

Good Morning Everyone - I am in Maine for work this week, hoping to stock up on some alternatives. To my American friends where are the best places to pick up drinks and bars South of the Border - I printed off a one day pass for Sam's club so hoping that is the spot to get some good prices? Having a great time shopping in my new smaller size and discovered that Ruby Tuesday's has mashed cauliflower on their menu - how perfect is that? Hope you all have a great OP day!!

kikig3 06-12-2012 07:02 AM

Good Morning everyone! Hope you have a great day!!

rissimo 06-12-2012 07:12 AM

Good Morning IPeeps!!!

Well it looks as if it is going to be another rainy dreary day here in East Tennessee. Then tomorrow the sun is supposed to be back and it looks as if it will be a beautiful rest of the week and week-end. Well, it look as if I am finally back down under 160. I lost the 1 pound that I gained last week. :carrot: So I am definatley going to "BootCamp" it the rest of this week to shock my system in losing again. I have to admit once again that I was tossing the idea around in my head again about maybe just phasing off here since this is where I seem to be wanting to stay, but I am not going to let the weight win, I am going to get to goal. It's amazing at how many diets that I have been on and when I have it this point in the diet I always give in and stop, but not this time. My mindset has totally changed, and I also think that I am a little afraid of putting everything back into my body again. I am so enjoying not having any migranes and not having to take any of my medicataion for GERD or IBS. It has been a wonderful 7 months.

This morning DH told me that he wanted me to start him on this plan next week, he is a diabetic so he will be doing the alternative version. He does not have that much to lose, maybe 20-30 pounds, but he wants to beable to reduce all of his medication. He has not been feeling too well here lately and the doctor said that he is healthy as a horse. DH feels that it is all the medication that he is on. So....starting Sunday he will be OP as well. He has been eating what I eat most of the time but not 100%. This is going to be fun because the Rheumatologist for DD is wanting her to gain weight, so she is letting her eat what she wants whenever she wants, she has given her a prescription to have Milkshakes for breakfast and for a evening snack she is allowed a huge Sunday with all the fixings. She is to have over 1600 calories each time she eats. DD already eats alot, but she is not gaining, she is losing and she is so tiny and frail. She is weighs 94 pounds right now.

Well, I am disappointed to say that my GF who has been so impressed with my weight loss that she got a copy of the plan and started it, has decided that this is not for her, she said that she loves food too much and keeps sabotoging herself. I have explained to her the way that I have explained on here on which she loves more, herself or the food. And she has said that she loves the food. I feel for her, she knows what to do and how to do it and she knows she can do it because she has made it for a full week OP and lost 13.5 pounds, but she listens to the evil food and believes what it tells her and gives in. But until she can get herself in the right mindset and is able to resist what is sitting in front of her, it is never going to work. I'm going to still try and encourge her and keep trying to get her to srop listening to the evil.

I see that there have been some great losses this week and Congratulations to all of you. We are all doing so well. Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a GREAT OP DAY!!!!

Cadu 06-12-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rissimo (Post 4368306)
Good Morning IPeeps!!!

Well it looks as if it is going to be another rainy dreary day here in East Tennessee. Then tomorrow the sun is supposed to be back and it looks as if it will be a beautiful rest of the week and week-end. Well, it look as if I am finally back down under 160. I lost the 1 pound that I gained last week. :carrot: So I am definatley going to "BootCamp" it the rest of this week to shock my system in losing again. I have to admit once again that I was tossing the idea around in my head again about maybe just phasing off here since this is where I seem to be wanting to stay, but I am not going to let the weight win, I am going to get to goal. It's amazing at how many diets that I have been on and when I have it this point in the diet I always give in and stop, but not this time. My mindset has totally changed, and I also think that I am a little afraid of putting everything back into my body again. I am so enjoying not having any migranes and not having to take any of my medicataion for GERD or IBS. It has been a wonderful 7 months.

This morning DH told me that he wanted me to start him on this plan next week, he is a diabetic so he will be doing the alternative version. He does not have that much to lose, maybe 20-30 pounds, but he wants to beable to reduce all of his medication. He has not been feeling too well here lately and the doctor said that he is healthy as a horse. DH feels that it is all the medication that he is on. So....starting Sunday he will be OP as well. He has been eating what I eat most of the time but not 100%. This is going to be fun because the Rheumatologist for DD is wanting her to gain weight, so she is letting her eat what she wants whenever she wants, she has given her a prescription to have Milkshakes for breakfast and for a evening snack she is allowed a huge Sunday with all the fixings. She is to have over 1600 calories each time she eats. DD already eats alot, but she is not gaining, she is losing and she is so tiny and frail. She is weighs 94 pounds right now.

Well, I am disappointed to say that my GF who has been so impressed with my weight loss that she got a copy of the plan and started it, has decided that this is not for her, she said that she loves food too much and keeps sabotoging herself. I have explained to her the way that I have explained on here on which she loves more, herself or the food. And she has said that she loves the food. I feel for her, she knows what to do and how to do it and she knows she can do it because she has made it for a full week OP and lost 13.5 pounds, but she listens to the evil food and believes what it tells her and gives in. But until she can get herself in the right mindset and is able to resist what is sitting in front of her, it is never going to work. I'm going to still try and encourge her and keep trying to get her to srop listening to the evil.

I see that there have been some great losses this week and Congratulations to all of you. We are all doing so well. Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a GREAT OP DAY!!!!

Good for you deciding to stay op till goal. I know exctly how you feel about stopping a diet at a certain point. I do it every time. (except this time). my point is 170. I did however have a gain last week at 165 but I am not giving in either. I think i lost this week so I am gonna keep on going too. Good news about the hubby, I bet that will help you to stay OP even more. Good luck with your daughter and the gaining. You have both extremes going on in your house. As far as your GF goes, you know.. you cant make someone want to lose. They have to do it when they are ready but someimes you just want to shake them and say "just do it". lol. my sis is starting later this week too. I hope she sticks with it.

Cadu 06-12-2012 07:27 AM

Good Morning Everybody

Its a dreary day here in NJ but my spirits are high. I truly feel I lost this week. We will find out tomorrow.

Have a great day!

sandyh50 06-12-2012 07:35 AM

Good morning! Day 3 on the program after getting to goal in December. I let the carb crazies and cravings get to me, then I had total knee replacement 9 weeks ago. But it is time to lose the weight I have gained. I already love the feeling of having a flatter stomach (only when I lie down, LOL). A couple more days and I will be in ketosis!

newmom7611 06-12-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl (Post 4368285)
Good Morning Everyone - I am in Maine for work this week, hoping to stock up on some alternatives. To my American friends where are the best places to pick up drinks and bars South of the Border - I printed off a one day pass for Sam's club so hoping that is the spot to get some good prices? Having a great time shopping in my new smaller size and discovered that Ruby Tuesday's has mashed cauliflower on their menu - how perfect is that? Hope you all have a great OP day!!

Well target and Walmart sells the 4 packs of EAS protein shakes (in the pharmacy). I know a few people on here use the pure protein bars ( I've seen those in the same section). Sans club may sell a 24 pack of the shakes but not 100% on that. Good luck!

Well I weigh in today.. It's never a big deal goin on 30 weeks OP , but I have resisted the scale this week like Ive always wanted to. Well I peeked Friday and since I weigh in at 12:30 today,after meals and lots of water, I figured I'd hop on real quick before I ate/drank anything. Guess what?!! It said 122.7 !! Holy crap, heck yes!!!! Phase 2 has been good to me :) I have another week of it before looking forward to toast in the morning. I would have been happy with any loss, but that's pretty darn good considering the increase in calories and all this "real food" I've been eating.
Happy Tuesday everyone!! Good luck to everyone who weighs in today!

ferrousgal 06-12-2012 08:14 AM

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially in One-derland! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I was concerned I might have gained since yesterday because I feel really bloated this morning. It's either gas or impending TOM... or both. But the scale dropped another pound, so I'm very solidly back in the 100s for good I'd say. I might see the scale show 200 later in the day as I tend to fluctuate around +2-3 lbs from what the start of the day was. Does any other scale obsessive have this happen where they weigh, not eat or drink anything, end up having a big release of some sort in the bathroom, step on the scale and it's half a pound heavier? I swear I'm the only person who can gain weight from going like a race horse. ;-)

rissimo 06-12-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4368312)
Good for you deciding to stay op till goal. I know exctly how you feel about stopping a diet at a certain point. I do it every time. (except this time). my point is 170. I did however have a gain last week at 165 but I am not giving in either. I think i lost this week so I am gonna keep on going too. Good news about the hubby, I bet that will help you to stay OP even more. Good luck with your daughter and the gaining. You have both extremes going on in your house. As far as your GF goes, you know.. you cant make someone want to lose. They have to do it when they are ready but someimes you just want to shake them and say "just do it". lol. my sis is starting later this week too. I hope she sticks with it.

Carol, I love your new picture!!! You look wonderful. The stopping thing, is just one of those things that you just toss the idea around in your head. I have come too far and worked way too hard to just give up. And I really don't think I would consider it giving up, because I would phase off properly. It would to me be considered giving in to the weight, because the weight and I are fighting...it wants to stay and I want it to go. I am happy at this weight and I feel terrific, but I think I would feel alot more terrific if it were a little lower. It is a huge struggle when you hit that plateau....but I have my determination, will power and all of you to keep me going.

I know that I can't make her do this plan, and I didn't mean it to sound like I was trying to, she really wants to lose weight, and she has tried so many times and we both thought that this time was going to be it because it is so structured. And she really did good for a week. But her having to cook something different for her DH and her mother, going out to eat etc....just gets the best of her and she gives in. As far as the ecouraging part, I didn't mean to encourage her to do this diet, I meant encourage her that she is worth it, and I will stand beside her in whatever she decides to do. I won't encourage her to eat the wrong foods, but whatever way she tries to lose I will encourage her. She just does not believe in herself, she made the comment that she knows herself too well and she knows that she will give into food each time. I've explained everything to her, that she needs to change her mindset, that she is so worth it, that she controls the food, food does not control her etc... and she agrees, but just does not have the faith in herself or the willpower. I hope your sister rocks this plan just as you have. She has a great support system to cheer her on!!:hug:

rissimo 06-12-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl (Post 4368285)

The Sams here sells the EAS Advantedge CarbControl shakes by the case, it's about $27-$28 a case. They have cases of the Pure Protein Bars in a variaty, for about $17-18 but the only favors in the varity case are Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate and Peanut Butter. I like the peanut butter, have not tried the choc chip, and the choc is sorta like a brownie. I buy the Detour Bars by the case from there, they are kinda like a Snickers. They run about $19.00 a case

shathom 06-12-2012 08:43 AM

Good morning all, have a great day!

NOVAScents 06-12-2012 08:52 AM

Morning everyone!! I realized last night I needed to start changing up my daily eating to prepare for Phase 2, which is only 11lbs away (SQUEE!!!!). Mainly its lunch because I normally eat a large salad and then two hours later eat my IP, which obviously wont work once I'm on Phase 2. So today I'm starting with Soup and 1C veg and then if I need a snack I'll do a large salad with 1C veggies.