Old 06-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5'3"

Rhubarb and WF jams do wonders. But I'd look into some alternative help, like special exercises, yoga poses, acupressure or acupuncture.

lots of links on that:

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...n-via-movement

http://voices.yahoo.com/yogic-exerci...e-1277221.html

http://www.everydayhealth.com/digest...stipation.aspx
zoyaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicakay02 View Post
Have you ever been tested for food allergies? I used to be JUST like you!! I mean C my entire LIFE. Until my mid 20's when I found milk products did the exact opposite. I got a food allergy test completed and found out that chronic C is from my Gluten allergy and the chronic "releasing" was from my milk allergy. Cut both of those out and...all normal...it's the best every to actually be NORMAL! Have you seen a Gastroenterologist (sp?)....it sounds like there's definitely some sort of digestive problem happening there one way or another. Hope you get better soon!!
I do have a slight intolerance to lactose and I do believe I have a gluten sensitivity as well, but have never been officially tested. All my doctor has done is given me laxatives and told me to find a happy medium. Not that I want it....but he never even did an internal or anything. It's time for a new doctor.....but impossible to find one here.

I'm definitely going to try that rhubarb.......pronto! Thanks again everyone! I'd say that I'd keep you all posted on my progress but......ew.
Cootermom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyaka View Post
Rhubarb and WF jams do wonders. But I'd look into some alternative help, like special exercises, yoga poses, acupressure or acupuncture.

lots of links on that:

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...n-via-movement

http://voices.yahoo.com/yogic-exerci...e-1277221.html

http://www.everydayhealth.com/digest...stipation.aspx
Thank you! I will check those out ASAP!
Cootermom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 175/143.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Yes, I had a doctor that was the same way originally too. Gave me some meds taht just made the whole situation worse. Plus, who wants to rely on meds to keep you regular? I would definitely find either an Allergist or a Gastroentrologist to check things out for you. He/she also might find another situation/allergy you didn't realize you had. For ex, I found out I'm also allergic to white potatoes! Which explained why when I bought the GF cake mixes at the store I would still have problems....they all have potato flour in them! After I stopped having the things I was allergic to, not only did my digestive problems get resolved but also my chronic acne has completely gone away, my excema has greatly calmed down, and my energy level jumped! I felt like a whole new woman. It was all because my poor body was using every ounce of energy it had to try and process these things I was allergic to...I was basically poisioning myself
Monicakay02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

oh i year you...i've always had problems with C but its been way worse since starting IP. I also have IBS so before IP, when i would have a "fattier" meal, it would give me the big D and clear me out, lol.

For a long time, floralax helped (6 a day + probiotics), then that stopped, i then tried everything under the sun (x-lax, suppositories, magnesium, calm, senakot, metamucil). Even did the citro mag (to clear out before colon xray) and that helped a bit but not much then the next day i did the golytely (for colonostomy) and that didn't do much either, then went to the hospital where xrays confirmed that i was still backed up. They gave me something (don't know what its called) to take in 3 doses...after 2 did nothing, i took xlax that night and 3rd dose next morning, it finally worked about 8 hours later, 1 hour before i was going to go back to the hospital.

Since then, i now take miralax, 2 senakot, 2 colace, 2 magnesium and 1 novilax twice a day (all of them). It doesn't always work, i think i still have a blockage cause sorry TMI, unless its liquid, it just doesn't come down.

Its EXTREMELY frustrating cause anytime i find something that works, it stops working after a week or so. I either have to keep trying new things or up the dosage. My stomach is always making horrible noises too, lol.

I have an appointment with a gastro (hospital gave me referral) but its not til November so until then...trying to find something that will work.

Btw, i eat rhubarb with strawberry WF syrup and hasn't helped me. I also upped my coffee intake as it helps some people but nope. I also always drink 4 liters of water a day and eat lettuce at every meal. I'm starting phase 3 this saturday so keeping my fingers crossed that maybe that will help.

Let me know if you find something.

Last edited by Busymomx4; 06-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote