Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Good morning , Hope all has a great IP day I will be having my Hysterectomy today I'm a lil nervous, I've never had a major surgery before.
Has anyone had surgery before on IP and did the anesthesia slow things down?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #17  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
Good morning , Hope all has a great IP day I will be having my Hysterectomy today I'm a lil nervous, I've never had a major surgery before.

Good luck with your surgery.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #18  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

SoSo--Good luck with your surgery. Make sure you take good care of yourself after!

WI for me today. These last pounds seem to want to hang around!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody!

It feels like ages since I was on the board and it was really just Friday. I had a great weekend at the dulcimer festival. Great to be back home though. I ended up getting drive-through food, so it was quite a splurge, but now I'm so looking forward to home-made, healthy, delicious food again.

Mooselover: you are beautiful !!!
Violet: that recipe sounds great - I love mint and cilantro...
Cadu: once you get your dulcimer, you have to seek out dulcimer festivals. There is such a great community of players and often there are workshops for all levels of experience. Nothing like playing with others...

Now I have to come back down to earth and do those last few things on my list to get the house finished... My inspiration is now that if....I can get the house sold, bills paid off, etc., I can save for a steel drum, a baritone psaltery, a silver Irish whistle and a baritone dulcimer. That, and the funds to create a CD.

Hope everybody has a terrific, OP, inspiring Monday !!!

PS: am looking through the thread for the weekend and there are so many great photos of progress and support and inspiration. You folks are awesome. It is a joy to come here.

Last edited by Sewmam; 06-11-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

well hello fellow losers, can't wait to see all the new pics that will be posted on the board in the week to come. good luck on weigh ins today. my official weigh in isn't until tomorrow... i've been OFF the scale all week but ONE time on friday , i peeked. i can't believe i actually stayed off, glad i did too. anyway, my son just had breakfast so i'm going to eat an EAS popsicle then do some zumba in my living room...then it's breakfast time for me happy OP day everyone!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:

I don't know, but just wanted to wish you good luck and not to worry too much. It will all work out in the long run, and we'll all be here for you.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #22  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Good luck with your surgery & Get Well SOON
Old 06-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
SoSo--Good luck with your surgery. Make sure you take good care of yourself after!

WI for me today. These last pounds seem to want to hang around!
Good Luck with your WI!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
well hello fellow losers, can't wait to see all the new pics that will be posted on the board in the week to come. good luck on weigh ins today. my official weigh in isn't until tomorrow... i've been OFF the scale all week but ONE time on friday , i peeked. i can't believe i actually stayed off, glad i did too. anyway, my son just had breakfast so i'm going to eat an EAS popsicle then do some zumba in my living room...then it's breakfast time for me happy OP day everyone!
I had to have my husband hide the scale... I just couldn't stay off of it!! LOL

Good luck with your WI!!! You look AWESOME
Old 06-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday all!
I made a cake for my office (June birthdays) and it looks good....but some other year I will eat cake. Today I will stay OP and look forward to being thin.

Has anyone tried the Extra gum in Key lime pie and Orange creme pop flavors?
I have a half piece at times I just need some extra will power. So helpful & delish!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

I have been spending hours searching the variety of recipes with and without IP Packets on this site and so excited to try them!! From cakes to popcorn to fries.....love this site!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default watch out which fluids used during surgery! (sugar used)

Quote:

I had surgery in April and as they were getting ready to hook up the saline solution, I asked if it had any sugar in it. I didn't think it ever did, and they said yes it does. What a surprise, I'm not in a medical field so this sort of thing is not something I would know. Honestly, was a little surprised the question even popped out of my mouth - but how lucky for me that I did ask - not sure what prompted me to even ask. They wanted to know why, had to talk it over with the doctor and came back and said no problem. They then used a no sugar added saline solution. It did spark a conversation with my surgeon and anesthesiologist about IP and the nurses were hanging on, interested in hearing about IP.

I did eat an extra packet or two a couple days before and a couple days after. I was told your body needs extra energy to heal. It didn't derail me at all. Talk to your coach about it.

Good luck with it!

Last edited by Chloe222; 06-11-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Goooooooood Morn'ting iPizzles! lol

Had a WONDERFUL weekend....

had an AMAZING W.I # 8. 4.2 lbs!!! .5 inch off everywhere.
Clothes are really bagging on me.

did a community "Ex that wants to be next" and then a wonderful Dinner with him (stillaintgitnun!!)

got a flat driving into the office this morning and Im in a GREAT MOOD.

Monday Mayhem will not get the best of me.

have a great day Losers keep it won'hunnid!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #29  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Happy Monday all!
I made a cake for my office (June birthdays) and it looks good....but some other year I will eat cake. Today I will stay OP and look forward to being thin.

Has anyone tried the Extra gum in Key lime pie and Orange creme pop flavors?
I have a half piece at times I just need some extra will power. So helpful & delish!
I chew the Extra gums but stick to the peppermint, polar ice, the minty flavors the sugary flavors don't last long enough.....lol.

Good morning everyone, Looks like its going to be a bright sunny day here in Southern La so its off to the pool I go with my niece and nephews then later this afternoon its off to the ball park. Have a great day!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #30  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I know one other person who is on the boards had some kind of surgery or was in the hospital for something...they gave IV fluid and they asked about whether there was sugar in it...I can't remember when I'll keep you in my prayers today for a speedy recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikig3 View Post
Good Morning everyone!
Anyone have a tough time the end of their second week. I was doing a lot of spring cleaning yesterday, packing away sweaters and winter clothes and taking out all the summer stuff. Of course it was in the 90's yesterday and I was in our crawl space which was hot. Anyway...I felt lightheaded a number of times and a little shaky. I kept my water with me and drank a lot but boy was it a tough day. I was also carting totes up and down the stairs to get some of our old baby toys out to put in the baby's room. is this what it will feel like if I start doing more exercise?
I know if I'm working outside and getting hot I need SALT super bad. Your body sweats it out and then you develop some sort of electrolyte imbalance. If your coach agrees, I'd say drink something like Powerade Zero or Propel zero, they have sodium I believe, but 0/0/0 otherwise (I can confirm Propel zero is flavored with sucralose, hooray!)
Closed Thread