Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
The biggest thing I noticed about IP is not just the weight loss but the inches as well. A lot of diets can get your weight down but not the inches it's amazing. I put on a pair of pants today that even at my current wight 2 years ago were tight. Today they are not and quite comfy. I am so grateful for IP
I was just talking about the same thing. The inches have been just as amazing as the weight loss. It took me months last year to get to the weight I have today and I know I was not close to the size I am now and wearing the things I do. Just another reason to love IP!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
By the way...I think you can call me a kale junkie now too. Thank you for all the tips on how best to make kale chips. That is hitting my "crunchy" craving.
Bwhahahaha - my plan is working perfectly! Glad you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Back on the downward trend.. lost 2 pounds this week.
Very nice! Soon the dress you got for the wedding will be tooooo BIG!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Happy to report I am down another 2 lbs this week AND I am in a size...drumroll please..........18!!!...YES...that is right I said a size 18!....wanna talk one super excited girl....YUP...that is ME!!!
Excellent! Taking time to de-stress and just have fun agree with you! Your story would inspire anyone to try again if they want to make a positive change in their life. Make a decision and don't look back! Now don't go and get too skinny on the rest of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hope everyone is having a good afternoon. Crazy day here today, but hanging in. I went for weigh in today and had a zero loss, no surprise there as my home scale said the same thing. I did gain some muscle and lost some body fat, so at least something good did happen this week. I had a long talk with my coach today and we both decided that it's time to go to phase 3 for three weeks and then I was phasing off anyway for the following week's vacation. We both agreed that it was time to give my body a rest. I told her as soon as my plane lands back in Austin on July 22nd, I am back on phase one till I'm at goal.
I can understand the frustration that no change in the scale number has, however, I am fascinated with how your body is being transformed from fluffy to pure muscle. Sounds wise to give your body a break, just like Ishbel's did. I have no doubt that when you are back from P3 and vacation you will finish the journey and settle on a number that is right for you.

Because of hearing you talk about weight lifting and how your %s are changing, I have looked into joining the community center here. I used to lift weights in high school and college and I now miss it. If I can get up the courage to try on swimsuits before they are gone from the stores, I could also swim at the community center year round (they actually have a pesky rule that requires bathing suits in the pool ) - plus I found an aquatic zumba class there too that sounds like fun. Thanks for the inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I posted my fat picture and lost all the others....I don't do the picture thing well. Anyway that was me 50 lbs ago. What do you think?
In your current picture, you look like the much younger sister of the lady in the other picture. Keep smiling!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
As for the kale chips. I tried them a couple time cause everyone seems to love them, but I dont know, I just didnt like the taste.. kinda bitter. I want to like them, maybe I will try them again.
I likely eat enough kale chips to keep the east coast from being overrun by kale. I will fall on the sword for you.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #214  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Lisa....you story is amazing!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you on TV....cause I know you will get there!!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

WI #5 - lost 3.60 lbs, and 12.5 inches
Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #216  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Way to go, fantastic.....
Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #217  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I posted my fat picture and lost all the others....I don't do the picture thing well. Anyway that was me 50 lbs ago. What do you think?
Wow, big difference. You look great!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
I can understand the frustration that no change in the scale number has, however, I am fascinated with how your body is being transformed from fluffy to pure muscle. Sounds wise to give your body a break, just like Ishbel's did. I have no doubt that when you are back from P3 and vacation you will finish the journey and settle on a number that is right for you.

Because of hearing you talk about weight lifting and how your %s are changing, I have looked into joining the community center here. I used to lift weights in high school and college and I now miss it. If I can get up the courage to try on swimsuits before they are gone from the stores, I could also swim at the community center year round (they actually have a pesky rule that requires bathing suits in the pool ) - plus I found an aquatic zumba class there too that sounds like fun. Thanks for the inspiration!
Well pure muscle under all of the loose skin is more like it.

I've still lost a lot of muscle since starting IP, as that just comes with loosing lots of weight. But my coach also told me I had way more muscle than her average client starting out and even with the muscle loss I'm still doing really good. And thankfully I put on some more today. The key for me is weight lifting and eating extra protein. The weeks I slack off on weight lifting ( I generally go every other day) and only eating the allowed protein is the weeks I tend to loose muscle and gain or at least not loose body fat.

I've never been much into exercising, but I have to tell you that I LOVE weight lifting. I've always been kind of freakishly strong for a female, even the trainer I worked with at my new gym said the same thing. I never knew why, but since learning I have more muscle than average I guess that explains some of it. The weight lifting now makes me much more confident in my appearance and really healthy, and it really is the best workout you can do for your body especially with loosing lots of weight and maintaining our bones as we get older. Swimming is the other exercise I do enjoy, but I still cringe at putting on a suit as the majority of my loose skin is on my thighs.

Zumba water arobics sounds so much fun. Bottom line is enjoy the exercise you choose, and weights and swimming sound like the perfect pair. Have fun!

Quote:
I've been thinking of you and your daughters since you posted about them loosing their dad. I hope everyone is hanging in and you are all doing okay. On a side note, congrats on your WL this week.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #218  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
Lisa....you story is amazing!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you on TV....cause I know you will get there!!
Thanks!!......LOL....everyone needs to be there with me, we would have a packed house!!.....lets just hope someone reads it!
Quote:
Great job!!...congrats!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Tripmama - I just started P2 as well - it's a lot more work than P1! I do find I can eat dinner later in the evening because I'm not as hungry though. Only doing it for a week then on to P3.

Wuv - I love your story - I wish we could all vote for the winners - you'd get it by a landslide!

Darralyn - the changes are amazing! You have so much to be proud of!

I'm enjoying another 100% OP day...I'll be phased off on June 24 when we leave the country and I was just thinking, "what will I eat?" and I started to panic...I guess it will be a maintenance preview as I don't want to eat what I used to eat, but I'm not quite sure what to eat instead. It will be a journey.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #220  

Quote:
Back on the downward trend.. lost 2 pounds this week.
WAY TO GO!!!
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

You are beautiful! Just less of you now!!

Quote:
Thanks!!......LOL....everyone needs to be there with me, we would have a packed house!!.....lets just hope someone reads it!

Great job!!...congrats!
We'll be there!!! That would be super cool if they would bring the board together for the show!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Great job!!...congrats!
That would be great if they did pick you and lots of people could go to the show. You did send pictures too I'm sure??? That is what really brings home all that you accomplished.

Pat
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hello all you skinny chicks and roosters!!
I screwed up my photos again to post the heaviest picture someone scanned for me at work today. I need to get rid of this..
Hope you are all having a wonderful evening; I just scarfed down my dinner like I always do because I am starving since lunch time. Sounds like some great WI's today. Wuv and Cadu both down two!!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #223  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking 100 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Wow, big difference. You look great!!!!!

Well pure muscle under all of the loose skin is more like it.

Wow look who has almost lost 100 pounds...I think she is from Texas
Old 06-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Look what happens when I am away for a day...you all start disappearing before my very eyes! Congrats and great job on all the weigh-ins! You all inspire me! Tomorrow is our WI day...sure hoping to hit the 30 lbs lost...don't think I will get the 1/2 this week but I can hope for that too.

Darralyn, I promise as soon as I hit my 1/2 way mark I will get some updated pictures. I am floored with the results so far. I have gone from a snug size 20 to just almost into a 12. I was 177.6 last week...I am hoping to be at least 175.6 this week (that puts me at 30 lbs lost in 10 weeks). I will hit 1/2 way at 172.8

Wuv, I just love your spirit. You have pulled me through a few weeks with your positive outlook. You had inspired me to look at this journey as not just a life style change but also an attitude change. Your positive outlook is not only impacting me but each person I come into contact with on my IP journey. (I have to say that there are a number of people in this forum the that have that impact. I am so grateful to have met you all and gotten the chance to travel this road with you.)

Now I am a healthy Kale junkie with a water and pee ritual. Who would have thought that peeing could become a meditative...stress relieving experience. LOL

Last edited by Meadow Wheeler; 06-13-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Darralyn: You were beautiful 50 lbs ago, but are even prettier now! You also look happier. Isn't it a great feeling when a person decides to take control of their life and start designing the life they want?
Closed Thread