Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #61  
Restarted 9/4/2013

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/145

Height: 5'9"

I have been lurking about for two weeks now. I just started my IP plan today. Love reading all the posts and seeing the before and after pictures. Wish we had a "like' button. Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #62  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Happy Lunch Time all IP'ers out there So I inadvertently got myself "flamed" on facebook today asking a question on the IP page...and they found out I used alternative products, promptly informed me I'm potentially putting myself in harm's way and the way I took it that I'm a rank amateur and don't know what I'm talking about. So overall, it was a rather uneventful Tuesday morning in South Dakota

Going to QDoba with DH for lunch today, found out I can plan out the whole dang meal there to control carbs, fats and everything, which to me = AWESOME!!! I'm a little bummed that my lunch will be 19g of carbs, but kind of OK since it is 11g of fiber and 31g of protein. Skipping my bar/shake lunch combo today to balance the carbs and protein out (my shake is 20g and bar is 8g of protein, 1g carb and 4g net carbs).
OOp, sounds like the guys are back, off to lunch I go!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #63  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

My blender broke this morning! Oh the HORROR!!!! Thankfully it was at the end of making the morning shake - but I am off to get a new one first thing after I get off of work!

And btw, I am officially moving to EAS Carb Control RTDs vs. using the IP RTD. I need to find some cost cutting and feel more comfortable after 14 weeks and swapping with alternatives on & off. I got a great deal off Amazon subscribe & save, $5.83 for a 4-pack (~$1.46/each I actually am having 5-packs delivered at once/month) vs. $28 for a 6-pack (~$4.66/each) of the IP RTD. And no shipping or tax!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

WI # 6 today and I am only down 1.8 pounds. I was kind of bummed considering I was 100% OP this whole week. I have been enjoying the -3 and up pound loss every week. Oh well, it is a loss still. I need to look on the bright side. Off to a fun week with my sister to Yellowstone and I have a full IP bag ready to go. She is training for a triathlon so I have a great support.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Vacation Help - We are going to the Outer Banks for a week with another family in the middle of June. I will only have been on IP for 4 weeks. I am really unsure how to handle. I have a couple of ideas but would love to hear from others that have had a vacation during IP. I won't go back to my old eating habits but will be having pasta one night and some other items off program. Does it make sense to do this part way? Meaning IP for breakfast & lunch but some dinners OP? I still plan on making better choices and not pigging out but will have some drinks and other "vacation" foods. Or do I just try to eat somewhat healthy and get back on track when I'm back? Any advice is welcome. Thanks. Robin
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #66  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

he he he he my daughter got my ticker up !!!! it is so funny how happy this makes me
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #67  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Did NOT have an great day yesterday....but I am picking myself up, dusting myself off & moving forward!

Here's to a 100% OP day!

Congrats to everyone who has had SVs & NSVs...to everyone having a tough time...hang in there!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #68  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Oh my God, I think I found my new favourite thing. Cauliflower "rice". I made it with garlic and a few pieces of zucchini. It's perfect. I feel as if I'm eating rice!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #69  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Oh my God, I think I found my new favourite thing. Cauliflower "rice". I made it with garlic and a few pieces of zucchini. It's perfect. I feel as if I'm eating rice!
I must have done something wrong then Mine was mushy, i fried it in EVOO according to a recipe I found and it did not come out that great.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all!.. having my week 6 WI this afternoon, hope all goes well, keeping optimistic!. I had such an awesome day at work today. I had 3 different clients (all seniors) approach me and asked if i was losing weight cause they are seeing a noticeable difference!
It felt real terrific to have the hard work we put in on IP actual get noticed. I love my job and I'm loving IP!!!!!! .......hope you all are having a fab day also!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #71  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Made it back from lunch, the girl at Qdoba screwed up my order, though it ended up in a good way, she used chicken instead of steak, saving me 3g of fat and ultimately 4g of carbs, net carbs from lunch dropped to a comfortable 8g, not shabby compared to a bar+shake

Now I just have to make it through another 3 hours of work and I can go home and prep for my garage sale by cleaning my 2nd bedroom out really well and start sorting/organizing.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #72  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok I am needing a little help here. I am massively stressing out and really having problems with a french fry craving..... I don't know what it is but dang it's hurting. The bonus is well not a bonus but a bonus if you know what I mean is that my husband's truck broke down last night and we are carpooling and he has the car so I can't go get frys. My coworkers won't let me drive with them when they go get their lunches... dang supportive people.....

Breath.... drink water..... breath

Thats what I have been doing.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
Vacation Help - We are going to the Outer Banks for a week with another family in the middle of June. I will only have been on IP for 4 weeks. I am really unsure how to handle. I have a couple of ideas but would love to hear from others that have had a vacation during IP. I won't go back to my old eating habits but will be having pasta one night and some other items off program. Does it make sense to do this part way? Meaning IP for breakfast & lunch but some dinners OP? I still plan on making better choices and not pigging out but will have some drinks and other "vacation" foods. Or do I just try to eat somewhat healthy and get back on track when I'm back? Any advice is welcome. Thanks. Robin
If you know you will be off up then I would plant to have your regular breakfast/lunch/snack, or as close as possible and then allow yourself to indulge at dinner. Try to pick lower carb options and stay away from sugar as much as possible. Minimize the impact over the week and be prepared to get back on phase 1 as soon as you return. Expect a couple of tough days at the start
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Ok I am needing a little help here. I am massively stressing out and really having problems with a french fry craving..... I don't know what it is but dang it's hurting. The bonus is well not a bonus but a bonus if you know what I mean is that my husband's truck broke down last night and we are carpooling and he has the car so I can't go get frys. My coworkers won't let me drive with them when they go get their lunches... dang supportive people.....

Breath.... drink water..... breath

Thats what I have been doing.
Maybe you need salt. Do you have any dill pickles? Or salt your veggies well!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 252.2/233.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

My coach told me to eat within 1 hr of waking and to not eat 3-4 hrs before bed. Is this true? I haven't been able to do this and not sure if this will start to effect my weight loss. I have been OP for 5.5 weeks and have lost 18.8 so far?
Closed Thread