3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 06/04/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260386-ip-daily-chat-monday-06-04-12-a.html)

rissimo 06-04-2012 06:30 AM

IP Daily Chat Monday 06/04/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Cadu 06-04-2012 06:35 AM

Good morning everybody

I hope everyone has a great day and an easy 100% OP day.

Kellym1021 06-04-2012 07:01 AM

Good morning Everyone!!

I have been MIA for a bit, travelling for work and slipped up a bit for the past few weeks but I am happy to say I have not gained any and I feel so blah from the bad food that I am excited to get back on program 100%

I really missed these boards and all of the motivation!!!!

Sewmam 06-04-2012 07:05 AM

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

Busy day today for me...I broke my glasses so I have to go shopping for some, hopefully one of those 2-for-1 deals so I'll have a spare the next time...

Yesterday was my first day at not forcing myself to paint or clean or jump up and down ladders all day, but to work on my mini artquilts. This is, by nature, more sedentary, and I found myself getting ansty, and got up to take 3 quick walks during the day. I don't know much about exercise and metabolism, but I'm thinking I must have rev'd up my metabolism in the past month of hard work and my body was used to it. Kind of a nice feeling...

Anyway, I go for my weigh-in after another month in maintenance. Have no idea what it will be, since I've worked so hard, yet had more snacks to keep me going. I bet the muscle mass will have increased. Whatever it is, I'll be happy. Just part of the journey...

Hope you all have a wonderful, OP, uplifting Monday!

Margaret

dizzyjean 06-04-2012 07:12 AM

Morning, IPers!!
NSV: i've'd had to try on several pairs of slacks in order to find some pants to wear to work. My "too big" pile of clothes grows. Happiness!

mtnsun4 06-04-2012 08:12 AM

Good morning all! The garage sale we had this weekend was successful.....I still have tons of baby clothes left that I am trying to sell on craigslist. I thought about ebay but not sure I want to do all the work. So, if anyone here is looking for baby/infant clothes, let me know! I have lots!
My schedule at work this week is a little tough....but after 9 days I get a flex day off. So, I am using it the Monday after I get back from our cruise to be able to relax.

Have a great day all!

GloverParker 06-04-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnsun4 (Post 4358244)
Good morning all! The garage sale we had this weekend was successful.....I still have tons of baby clothes left that I am trying to sell on craigslist. I thought about ebay but not sure I want to do all the work. So, if anyone here is looking for baby/infant clothes, let me know! I have lots!
My schedule at work this week is a little tough....but after 9 days I get a flex day off. So, I am using it the Monday after I get back from our cruise to be able to relax.

Have a great day all!

As my pile of "too big" clothes continues to grow I was thinking about this yesterday myself -- was rather dreading dealing with eBay and they're expensive clothes and so didn't want to just donate. I realized I'd forgotten about consignment stores -- that'll be my next stop! I know, at least in my area, there are consignment stores for baby/kids clothes too . . .

kmc1021 06-04-2012 08:25 AM

Good morning! I don't know why I am wide awake right now. Been up since 6 and I don't have anywhere to be till Wednesday morning! I have a lot to do around the house and getting things organized, but have no motivation.

Tomorrow is my 7th WI. I so want it to take me into onederland. I am so close but I also have the big "c". I drank some green tea last night and hope that will help for me.

I have no clothes in my closet or drawers that fit! When I cleaned my attic I found one thing of clothes. There were a lot of jeans that are 12's and 14's so I will be set when I drop to those sizes but the rest of my clothes are 16w and I literally walk right out of them. Since I really have nothing to do but an interview until the beginning of July, I am just not going to buy anything!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. If it is WI day I hope you are a big loser!

GeauxTigers82 06-04-2012 08:33 AM

Day 6 for me! Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in. According to my scale, I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days :) I am so excited!!!

sanaroph 06-04-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellym1021 (Post 4358204)
Good morning Everyone!!

I have been MIA for a bit, travelling for work and slipped up a bit for the past few weeks but I am happy to say I have not gained any and I feel so blah from the bad food that I am excited to get back on program 100%

I really missed these boards and all of the motivation!!!!

Welcome back and am glad to read you did not gain while away

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4358207)
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

Busy day today for me...I broke my glasses so I have to go shopping for some, hopefully one of those 2-for-1 deals so I'll have a spare the next time...

Yesterday was my first day at not forcing myself to paint or clean or jump up and down ladders all day, but to work on my mini artquilts. This is, by nature, more sedentary, and I found myself getting ansty, and got up to take 3 quick walks during the day. I don't know much about exercise and metabolism, but I'm thinking I must have rev'd up my metabolism in the past month of hard work and my body was used to it. Kind of a nice feeling...

Anyway, I go for my weigh-in after another month in maintenance. Have no idea what it will be, since I've worked so hard, yet had more snacks to keep me going. I bet the muscle mass will have increased. Whatever it is, I'll be happy. Just part of the journey...

Hope you all have a wonderful, OP, uplifting Monday!

Margaret

Good morning I hope you do find a good 2 for 1 deal on glasses too. I was very inspired at all the work you were doing around the house too. It got me motivated to do some things too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyjean (Post 4358211)
Morning, IPers!!
NSV: i've'd had to try on several pairs of slacks in order to find some pants to wear to work. My "too big" pile of clothes grows. Happiness!

:wave: on the too big pants

Quote:

Have a great day all!

Consignment shops are a great option for baby and kids clothes. We have a few around here and they do quite well!

We had a break from the rain last week but it looks like it is back in full force. Everything is green and blooming though and am grateful for that.

Today I am playing waiting on the repairman game to fix our washer. When I use the clean washer cycle, the washing machine cleans the floors in the laundry room too by gushing water.. Not Cool!

Have a great 100% OP day all :wave:

sanaroph 06-04-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmc1021 (Post 4358267)
Good morning! I don't know why I am wide awake right now. Been up since 6 and I don't have anywhere to be till Wednesday morning! I have a lot to do around the house and getting things organized, but have no motivation.

Tomorrow is my 7th WI. I so want it to take me into onederland. I am so close but I also have the big "c". I drank some green tea last night and hope that will help for me.

I have no clothes in my closet or drawers that fit! When I cleaned my attic I found one thing of clothes. There were a lot of jeans that are 12's and 14's so I will be set when I drop to those sizes but the rest of my clothes are 16w and I literally walk right out of them. Since I really have nothing to do but an interview until the beginning of July, I am just not going to buy anything!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. If it is WI day I hope you are a big loser!

Sending the whoosh fairy to you today!! I am close to wonderland myself and know how exciting it will be to cross that threshold :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 (Post 4358272)
Day 6 for me! Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in. According to my scale, I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days :) I am so excited!!!

This is an awesome plan and the 1st week is always amazing!! Keep it up!

KBig 06-04-2012 08:51 AM

GM IPeeps:

had a very stressful, and eventful weekend....

This is what went down:
my oldest nefew Graduated High School On Sat morn.

On Friday... 650 am went to work..
That eve, 6 pm hm out of the tstorms (and tornado warnings)
9pm My mom calls all upset and sez her BP is sky High. I end up taking my mom to the emergency room for high blood pressure and exhaustion.
4am listening to my mom say every 15mins...i think this is bad..and asks the doc if its cancer????? She has a complete emotional breakdown in the hospital... They had to give her a Sedative for her to calm down!!!

7am she is released with clean bill of health..blood pressure under control and .no cancer smh....had moms hm by 730am. Got my Nefew up (his lives with my mom)... put her back to bed

Went to WI#7 @8am... Im down 2.5lbs -24lbs loss in 7 weeks.
Went hm, showered, went back to my moms, picked up nefew dropped him off @the ceremony, went hm got dressed, My mom couldnt attend the graduation , but I did... (stil NO SLEEP been up for 36hrs). left the ceremony, went home and couldnt go to sleep. went to sleep @ 6pm woke up at 930pm !!!

and i didnt resort to the wrong foods to cope... I stay 100% OP... actually I didnt eat much during that time... but I did nibble on a caramel bar in the hospital... I keep one in the car at all times!!!

sanaroph 06-04-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4358287)
GM IPeeps:

had a very stressful, and eventful weekend....

This is what went down:
my oldest nefew Graduated High School On Sat morn.

On Friday... 650 am went to work..
That eve, 6 pm hm out of the tstorms (and tornado warnings)
9pm My mom calls all upset and sez her BP is sky High. I end up taking my mom to the emergency room for high blood pressure and exhaustion.
4am listening to my mom say every 15mins...i think this is bad..and asks the doc if its cancer????? She has a complete emotional breakdown in the hospital... They had to give her a Sedative for her to calm down!!!

7am she is released with clean bill of health..blood pressure under control and .no cancer smh....had moms hm by 730am. Got my Nefew up (his lives with my mom)... put her back to bed

Went to WI#7 @8am... Im down 2.5lbs -24lbs loss in 7 weeks.
Went hm, showered, went back to my moms, picked up nefew dropped him off @the ceremony, went hm got dressed, My mom couldnt attend the graduation , but I did... (stil NO SLEEP been up for 36hrs). left the ceremony, went home and couldnt go to sleep. went to sleep @ 6pm woke up at 930pm !!!

and i didnt resort to the wrong foods to cope... I stay 100% OP... actually I didnt eat much during that time... but I did nibble on a caramel bar in the hospital... I keep one in the car at all times!!!

What a weekend of emotions!!! You handled it like a pro! Through it all kept is 100% You Go Girl!! :carrot:

staceyjblack 06-04-2012 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 (Post 4358272)

So great!!! Keep up the awesome work!

Quote:

Have a great day all!

Glad all your hard work paid off! I bet it feels good to get rid of all the stuff. It's like a cleanse... like IP for your home!

Just had my first phase 3 breakfast and it was divine. :dizzy: I am nervous about that insulin release and hope I don't get nauseous or anything.

See photo below!

NOVAScents 06-04-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4358292)

Just had my first phase 3 breakfast and it was divine. :dizzy: I am nervous about that insulin release and hope I don't get nauseous or anything.

See photo below!

I'm so jealous. :hun::hun:

auroragrl 06-04-2012 09:15 AM

Good morning! Have a great day everyone. Stay 100% OP.

newmom7611 06-04-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4358292)

See photo below!

wow stacey! looks great! i hope you enjoyed it more now that you've had the break from those foods. i hope you don't feel "blah" after, either. you should be fine tho :) keep up the great work and let me know what's for breakfast tomorrow! lol i'm going to live the next 2 weeks vicariously through you... maybe it'll get me through these next few pounds..

Congrats to everyone else on losses and NSV's. so proud of everyone doing well. i'm getting a little nervous.., i don't understand why the scale is [I] crawling [I] ... it kinda sucks with my urge to phase, and i'm literally hopping on the scale every morning HOPING for just ONE more pound before weigh in tomorrow. i don't know what my deal is. i think i'm going to do my own version of "boot camp." i'll still have my bar at night, but i won't use any WF, maybe i'll cut out my cream in my coffee in the morning, and i won't use an egg white in recipes....etc. Strict IP .. no restricted veggies etc.. it's going to kind of suck but hopefully it'll get things moving so i can see maintenance by early-mid july!! here's to hoping.......

greeniris 06-04-2012 09:27 AM

Good morning! It's a beautiful sunny morning here in northern MI, though on the cool side. So good to see the sun after so many days of rain last week.
Sewmam - sorry to hear your glasses broke. Having an extra pair will be good.
KBig - Wow, what a stressful weekend, but you made it through without going OP. WTG! Very good tip to keep something in the car always.

Dizzyjean - Congrats! Love hearing when "too big" piles of clothes keep growing. :carrot: Can't wait to start mine. Fortunately I have clothes in many smaller sizes :/, so shouldn't HAVE to go shopping any time soon.

Staceyjblack - Have been following your posts with interest, and am very happy for you on your progress. :carrot: Good luck with P3!

An NSV for me...couldn't find my black jeans to wear this morning, but did find a pair in a sz smaller. Tried them on...they FIT!!! Have a bit of a 'muffin top', but my top hides it. Yay!!! :carrot:

staceyjblack 06-04-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmom7611 (Post 4358314)
i'm getting a little nervous.., i don't understand why the scale is [I] crawling [I] ... it kinda sucks with my urge to phase, and i'm literally hopping on the scale every morning HOPING for just ONE more pound before weigh in tomorrow. i don't know what my deal is. i think i'm going to do my own version of "boot camp." i'll still have my bar at night, but i won't use any WF, maybe i'll cut out my cream in my coffee in the morning, and i won't use an egg white in recipes....etc. Strict IP .. no restricted veggies etc.. it's going to kind of suck but hopefully it'll get things moving so i can see maintenance by early-mid july!! here's to hoping.......

put the scale away! it will just stress you out and Stress=:devil:!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4358326)
Staceyjblack - Have been following your posts with interest, and am very happy for you on your progress. :carrot: Good luck with P3!

An NSV for me...couldn't find my black jeans to wear this morning, but did find a pair in a sz smaller. Tried them on...they FIT!!! Have a bit of a 'muffin top', but my top hides it. Yay!!! :carrot:

Thank you so much! I definitely could not have done this with out 3FC. And congrats to you!!!!!!! Such a good feeling. :D

Darralyn 06-04-2012 09:35 AM

Good Morning Everyone!
Happy Monday! Wishing everyone a wonderful OP day!

prettyone 06-04-2012 10:20 AM

Good Morning All

Another busy day at work but wanted to come in a speak. Hope everyone enjoys their day and stay 100% OP.

Jenny5228 06-04-2012 10:27 AM

Good morning everyone!

I have a quick question that I hope someone can answer. For lunch I like to eat a Subway salad with all of the approved veggies and there Olive Oil, but once I eat that I am usually too full for my protein packet. Do I need to eat that too? Should I not eat the salad and just do the packet?

Thanks!! :)
Jennifer

Lisa4025 06-04-2012 10:38 AM

Happy Monday IP'ers! I wanted to share that I thought of this board all weekend while I was at the lake. Typically, the lake is a place where I would crash and burn with bad eating habits. Well this weekend was different and I stayed 100% OP. I feel amazing and looked in the mirror and smiled this morning. I hope everyone's Monday is wonderful!

CassiR 06-04-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny5228 (Post 4358404)
Good morning everyone!

I have a quick question that I hope someone can answer. For lunch I like to eat a Subway salad with all of the approved veggies and there Olive Oil, but once I eat that I am usually too full for my protein packet. Do I need to eat that too? Should I not eat the salad and just do the packet?

Jennifer

Always have the packet.. then veggies. If you can't finish the veggies then you can have them at a later time in the day but the packet is mandatory. Lettuce is not. :)

Satobb 06-04-2012 10:53 AM

First day on IP. Or should I say first meal since it is only 9:50 am. Had Capp drink with coffee. OOOOH very bitter! Guess it will be an acquired taste! Here's to loosing big! Cheers!

LanieDawn 06-04-2012 10:54 AM

Well I'm fairly new to these forums and really don't know my way around yet...

I am day 13 on the ideal protein program... I LOVE it!!! Week one weigh in I lost TWELEVE POUNDS!!!!!! I was eating one restricted food per day so am trying this week without a restricted food but rather a shake. Seems to be working good... According to my scale last night I was down another 8 pounds however i do believe this must be an error as I haven't read of many ppl having two huge weeks like that back to back. But regardless I feel amazing and am starting to notice the difference when I look in the mirror.

A couple things I am wondering abt though are

1. When I get my time of the month the cravings are out of control... I mean damn near in tears fighting these damn things and my moods are pretty nasty!!! My significant other has mentioned that I have been "extremely *****y" since I started the diet and claims I treat him horribly now compared to before.... And ideas why this would be happening or how to deal with it?!?!

2. I am taking the multi vita, the pot cal and the cal mag... Can anyone tell me what the benefits would be to adding in the enzymes, omegas and anti oxy?!?! More lose?!?!

3. When can I start working out again and does it drastically increase weight loss or will it make me feel weak and light headed?!?!

prettygirlusaf 06-04-2012 11:04 AM

Weigh in today and down 3 lbs, so I am officially under 200!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Its been a long time since I have been here!!! Have a great day all!!!

staceyjblack 06-04-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Good morning everyone!

Jennifer

Eat the protein before the salad- or switch up your dinner for lunch and order double meat on your salad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satobb (Post 4358452)
First day on IP. Or should I say first meal since it is only 9:50 am. Had Capp drink with coffee. OOOOH very bitter! Guess it will be an acquired taste! Here's to loosing big! Cheers!

If you want the coffee drink, I recommend it in your IP Vanilla drink over ice! It's my favorite meal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanieDawn (Post 4358455)

I am day 13 on the ideal protein program... I LOVE it!!! Week one weigh in I lost TWELEVE POUNDS!!!!!! I was eating one restricted food per day so am trying this week without a restricted food but rather a shake. Seems to be working good... According to my scale last night I was down another 8 pounds however i do believe this must be an error as I haven't read of many ppl having two huge weeks like that back to back. But regardless I feel amazing and am starting to notice the difference when I look in the mirror.

1. When I get my time of the month the cravings are out of control... I mean damn near in tears fighting these damn things and my moods are pretty nasty!!! My significant other has mentioned that I have been "extremely *****y" since I started the diet and claims I treat him horribly now compared to before.... And ideas why this would be happening or how to deal with it?!?!
It may have to do with the release of estrogen from your fat cells. POWER THROUGH! And make sure you keep chocolate shakes on hand :)

2. I am taking the multi vita, the pot cal and the cal mag... Can anyone tell me what the benefits would be to adding in the enzymes, omegas and anti oxy?!?! More lose?!?!

I find that the O3s and enzymes help me with my digestion. I was never a regular person before, but now I am. And I definitely contribute that to the 03s and enzymes.

3. When can I start working out again and does it drastically increase weight loss or will it make me feel weak and light headed?!?!

They say to give it 3 weeks, and when you do start to work out, make sure you add in an extra protein, like you had with your first week.

sandralosingweight 06-04-2012 11:12 AM

I did it against all odds! Warning: long post

Good morning everyone,

Big thank you to all of you for being on this thread and sharing your stories, most of you are so inspiring to me and give me the courage to go on!

I just want to share my story about my amazing weekend!

For the old members who already know me, they must know by now how much I struggle with being OP over the weekend, it was like I always mess up over the weekend, only to restart dieting on weekdays, and the circle went on and on.

Luckily, I have the best news: this weekend, I made it, against all odds!

On Saturday, my husband wanted to finish the deck he started building for his dad last weekend (the same weekend I messed up big time with my diet), so I wanted to be prepared this time. I packed my protein powder, my bar, my vitamins and I even took some veggies with me (in case my in-laws did not have what I needed in their fridge, cause last time, it was mostly tomatoes what they had), anyway... Once we arrived at my dad-in-law, I opened my bag and I found that all my protein powder was spelt all over!! Luckily, I almost always have an RTD for emergencies, and I did! Yoopie!!! Our day started good, until I ‘’welcome’’ my monthly ‘’gift’’ visiting me much earlier than it was supposed to on Wednesday!! God! It was a very rainy day, so I opted to stay inside most of the day letting the men do their job!

For lunch, they decided to go the local restaurant and order hamburgers, hot dogs and fries! I swear to God, by the time we got our order home, I never ever ever in my life have seen fries this greasy! The fat was dripping over the two layers of paper bag they were in! Come to think what we put in our bodies! The smell was enticing, but while everyone ate that, I was a good girl and drank my shake, some of my prepared veggies and I was contempt with just sticking to my diet and being strong!

By around 5 pm, I was starving! I couldn’t take it anymore, so I grabbed the lettuce that I packed with me in the morning and I ate all that was left from it! Hey… Lettuce is free, so don’t judge me, lol.

Came supper time, what did they want to have? Take a guess… Another junk greasy food: pizza it was!!! And yeah!!! That is very accommodating to Sandra!!! I asked my father-in-law’s wife to prepare me some boiled eggs. After she did and presented them to me, I found that they were the cutest eggs I’ve ever seen. My father-in-law lives on a farm and these eggs were freshly picked from their chicken! They looked nothing like the eggs we buy in store, they were tiny small, the colour of their shell was a pistachio kind of colour that I’ve never seen before on an egg, but anyway, she made me 5 small boiled eggs which equals I guess to about 3 normal sized eggs (well, normal to me, I meant, heheheh) and I prepared myself the best ever salad I made, I don’t know what was it about it, but I opened the pantry and saw lots of spices and herbs and I did my mix, adding a little bit of this and that, some apple cider vinegar, some olive oil and voila, my salad was amazing!

When I opened my computer back home on Sunday morning, I learnt about busymomx4 reaching her goal, I was so ecstatic for her, I was so inspired by her before and after pictures and it gave me the strength to go on with my day.

On Sunday night, after the exhausting weekend for my baby doing construction, he wanted to treat us to a date, nothing fancy, we decided to go to the movies to see Avengers, good movie by the way. We wouldn’t have made it in time if we had supper, so we went without eating. Hubby ordered a serving of nahos and cheese and a small bag of pop corn. Pop corn is my hugest weakness, I LOVE POP CORN, whether it is sweet or salty, I love this stuff, I swear to God that if I have to choose only two things to live on for the rest of my life, I would choose almonds and pop corn! And the pop corn that he ordered smelled heavenly, all this butter smell meted over them, OMG! How can I resist that? But I did! I really did! Not even one bite, nothing, I got my pleasure from only smelling them.

I did it, I really really did it!! Finally, I am there.

Sorry about writing this much, but there was a warning in my title :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

NOVAScents 06-04-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Good morning everyone!

Jennifer

Eat your pack as a mid-afternoon snack maybe

NOVAScents 06-04-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4358480)
Good morning everyone,

Big thank you to all of you for being on this thread and sharing your stories, most of you are so inspiring to me and give me the courage to go on!

I just want to share my story about my amazing weekend!

For the old members who already know me, they must know by now how much I struggle with being OP over the weekend, it was like I always mess up over the weekend, only to restart dieting on weekdays, and the circle went on and on.

Luckily, I have the best news: this weekend, I made it, against all odds!

On Saturday, my husband wanted to finish the deck he started building for his dad last weekend (the same weekend I messed up big time with my diet), so I wanted to be prepared this time. I packed my protein powder, my bar, my vitamins and I even took some veggies with me (in case my in-laws did not have what I needed in their fridge, cause last time, it was mostly tomatoes what they had), anyway... Once we arrived at my dad-in-law, I opened my bag and I found that all my protein powder was spelt all over!! Luckily, I almost always have an RTD for emergencies, and I did! Yoopie!!! Our day started good, until I ‘’welcome’’ my monthly ‘’gift’’ visiting me much earlier than it was supposed to on Wednesday!! God! It was a very rainy day, so I opted to stay inside most of the day letting the men do their job!

For lunch, they decided to go the local restaurant and order hamburgers, hot dogs and fries! I swear to God, by the time we got our order home, I never ever ever in my life have seen fries this greasy! The fat was dripping over the two layers of paper bag they were in! Come to think what we put in our bodies! The smell was enticing, but while everyone ate that, I was a good girl and drank my shake, some of my prepared veggies and I was contempt with just sticking to my diet and being strong!

By around 5 pm, I was starving! I couldn’t take it anymore, so I grabbed the lettuce that I packed with me in the morning and I ate all that was left from it! Hey… Lettuce is free, so don’t judge me, lol.

Came supper time, what did they want to have? Take a guess… Another junk greasy food: pizza it was!!! And yeah!!! That is very accommodating to Sandra!!! I asked my father-in-law’s wife to prepare me some boiled eggs. After she did and presented them to me, I found that they were the cutest eggs I’ve ever seen. My father-in-law lives on a farm and these eggs were freshly picked from their chicken! They looked nothing like the eggs we buy in store, they were tiny small, the colour of their shell was a pistachio kind of colour that I’ve never seen before on an egg, but anyway, she made me 5 small boiled eggs which equals I guess to about 3 normal sized eggs (well, normal to me, I meant, heheheh) and I prepared myself the best ever salad I made, I don’t know what was it about it, but I opened the pantry and saw lots of spices and herbs and I did my mix, adding a little bit of this and that, some apple cider vinegar, some olive oil and voila, my salad was amazing!

When I opened my computer back home on Sunday morning, I learnt about busymomx4 reaching her goal, I was so ecstatic for her, I was so inspired by her before and after pictures and it gave me the strength to go on with my day.

On Sunday night, after the exhausting weekend for my baby doing construction, he wanted to treat us to a date, nothing fancy, we decided to go to the movies to see Avengers, good movie by the way. We wouldn’t have made it in time if we had supper, so we went without eating. Hubby ordered a serving of nahos and cheese and a small bag of pop corn. Pop corn is my hugest weakness, I LOVE POP CORN, whether it is sweet or salty, I love this stuff, I swear to God that if I have to choose only two things to live on for the rest of my life, I would choose almonds and pop corn! And the pop corn that he ordered smelled heavenly, all this butter smell meted over them, OMG! How can I resist that? But I did! I really did! Not even one bite, nothing, I got my pleasure from only smelling them.

I did it, I really really did it!! Finally, I am there.

Sorry about writing this much, but there was a warning in my title :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

You had some WONDERFUL will power this weekend! Way to go!!!

haddy4 06-04-2012 11:35 AM

ok silly question i know but im desperate..me and my daughter have both tried to make my tracker..we were able to make it but not get it on my profile and get it to pop up with my comments..:( if anyone has time could the give me step by step instrutions..im getting to the point were i want to give one of you my password so you can do it for me ha ha !!! so just made the rice pudding with miracle noodles and vanilla pudding and then some rhubarb on time..yikes the rice smells yucky hope that gets hidden in the pudding or that wont work.. smells fishy but i think it is made of mushrooms..anyway hope everyone has a good day !

GonnaB50NFabulous 06-04-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettygirlusaf (Post 4358473)
Weigh in today and down 3 lbs, so I am officially under 200!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Its been a long time since I have been here!!! Have a great day all!!!

Yay! Good job, can't wait to join you in onederland!!

staceyjblack 06-04-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haddy4 (Post 4358523)
so just made the rice pudding with miracle noodles and vanilla pudding and then some rhubarb on time..yikes the rice smells yucky hope that gets hidden in the pudding or that wont work.. smells fishy but i think it is made of mushrooms..anyway hope everyone has a good day !

I hated the miracle noodles. The smell, the rubbery texture... It just wasnt worth it for me- I figured I could live without pasta. I hope you have better luck and enjoy your snack!

Tigerlvr52 06-04-2012 11:44 AM

So Today is WI #1 this afternoon, I don't know why I am anxious as bad as I am. I was 100% OP all weekend, even with the veggies.

Mom3LoveBugs 06-04-2012 11:49 AM

good morning everyone!

today was my WI #1 of my re-boot and I am down 7.2 lbs so I am happy with that!

looking forward to a more relaxed week ahead... I had my friend's Celebration of Life on Saturday that I planned and MC'd (everyone said I did awesome!) so the last few weeks have been really hard and stressful.

have a great Monday! :)

DanafromAustin 06-04-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanieDawn (Post 4358455)

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettygirlusaf (Post 4358473)

My first two weeks were back to back big losses. You probably won't loose as much the second week as the first, but it could still be a big loss. Just be prepared for the 3rd and sometimes the 4th week WI could be pretty small because you loose so much the first two weeks. After that it all settles back into a normal pace for awhile.

As for the supplements, I think everyone should be taking a good quality fish oil pill. It's SO good for your body in so many ways. I can't speak to the other pills as I'm not familiar with them.

With exercise, I wouldn't do much for the first 3 weeks or so as you will feel pretty weak it you try and exercise. Once you are past the first 3 to 4 weeks, you should move your body, but keep it on the light side. Generally people slow down their WL if they work out too hard. Also make sure that once you start to exercise that you have an extra packet right before or right after working out, as your body will need that extra protein. I personally strength train 3 to 4 days per week and do some light cardio on the other days. It's a fine line we walk on this diet when it comes to exercise since this is a low calorie diet. If you burn too many calories working out while on IP your body will try and hold on to the weight as it thinks it is protecting you.

DanafromAustin 06-04-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4358551)
good morning everyone!

today was my WI #1 of my re-boot and I am down 7.2 lbs so I am happy with that!

looking forward to a more relaxed week ahead... I had my friend's Celebration of Life on Saturday that I planned and MC'd (everyone said I did awesome!) so the last few weeks have been really hard and stressful.

have a great Monday! :)

Hi Sara,

Welcome back!!

cass2ander 06-04-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 (Post 4358541)
So Today is WI #1 this afternoon, I don't know why I am anxious as bad as I am. I was 100% OP all weekend, even with the veggies.

Your will do great! Check back in and let us know how it goes:smug:

Hopeful in Canada 06-04-2012 11:51 AM

WI and Measured last Saturday and had the "discussion" with my coach as to when I will be moving to the next phase. We have decided because she is away the weekend of June 15th, I will be ending Phase 1 on June 14th. I am so excited and anixous at the same time.

WI was good down another 3 lbs, (which seems to be my weekly norm) and another 5 inches. That brings me to 51 lbs and 56.5 inches gone forever. She said to me do you realize that you lost 5" off your waist alone and showed me what that looked like on the measuring tape. Wow I have completely changed and of course, my DH has a new me that he has never seen before (used to weigh more when I met him than I do now)
Cindy