Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #121  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default A-Mazing life altering, no, shattering, tuna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Always have me cracking up as usual with the visual! Look forward to the posts everyday. Helps talk me off the cliff when everyone is eating junk around me.
Glad I made you chuckle I try to be funny most of the time unless it's really serious. I knew my hunger wasn't "serious" in that I was light headed etc. so it was all in my head.

~~
So I got home tonight and said "screw garage sale stuff first, I'm cooking!" and I started pulling out whatever I could cook that was fast, and said "I don't care if DH likes it" and started experimenting. What started as a culinary chemistry experiment, turned into a pleasurable palate surprise, in the form of, wait for it...tuna patties? Yes really, and they were life altering.

Recipe:
12 ounce can of Chicken of the Sea - Light tuna in Water
2 small eggs
2 tsp of spicy mustard (0/0/0)
Old Bay to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
Cayenne Pepper to taste (I used a sprinkle )
Onion Powder (I used enough to cover one layer of the tuna that was in a cereal bowl, estimate 1/4 tsp?)
Mix up thoroughly with a fork until consistency is a bit thinner than a tuna sandwich would be...
Place on a preheated griddle in four crab-cake style lumps (sprayed with Pam Olive Oil cooking spray) and cover for approx 4 minutes (I had an electric skillet, it was 300 degrees), flip and cook another 4 minutes, leaving the cover on again. The bottom should be crisp and firm, the edges still soft and the middle the consistency of a normal tuna sandwich or tuna melt.
**To get my olive oil in for the day I sprinkled my 1/2 tsp of red chili pepper olive oil over the patties after putting it on a bed of lettuce leaves and it was so spicy and decadent and amazing! I loved it!!
Moving this recipe to the recipe thread, and my book as well now.

I put the patties on a bed of lettuce leaves, then added just over a cup of tri-colored peppers and onions I had quickly sautéed (they started frozen) Total cost of my dinner for me and DH = $4.00
Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #122  

First weigh in for me this afternoon. Lost 13.2 lbs. Couldn't be happier. Gives me motivation to stick to it! All your posts motivate me as well. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #123  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
In finishing wk 4 tomorrow. I wear cocoa butter cream, deodorant, and I'm not normally a smelly girl at all. No one else has mentioned any funny smell either. Sorry if it's tmi but the pee residue also gives a funky smell you know where, and even if the scented wipes get rid of any odour it's still not enough. Bleh. I'm lucky not to have any breath issue though.
Drink A LOT more water, like 3x what you are now to dilute the ketones. This whole stink will pass after your body adjusts to using the ketones for energy instead of your glycogen stores, right now your body is getting flooded with them overcompensating, but things will adjust eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So I just got home from my first weigh in and to my shock and amazement..................

Thirteen Pounds.... Yep thats right 13lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowabeth View Post
First weigh in for me this afternoon. Lost 13.2 lbs. Couldn't be happier. Gives me motivation to stick to it! All your posts motivate me as well. Thanks!
WOW!!!! Rockstars on WI#1!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 199/179/140

Height: 5"8

This is a fantastic forum. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring. I have never joined a forum such as this - but I have to say, when I considered joining the IP program, I got so much information from here, I am so thankful.

SO here I am - on day 3.

Day 1 was crazy headaches.
Today and yesterday I was just SO tired. Not sure if it's because I'm cutting out caffeine......but I'm ready for this stage to pass. The good thing is that I am so thrilled because I can see how this program will make long term changes in my life.

Anyway - I wanted to jump into the conversation and say thank you all for your kindness and support to one another, and I hope that I can find the same acceptance here.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #125  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Glad I made you chuckle I try to be funny most of the time unless it's really serious. I knew my hunger wasn't "serious" in that I was light headed etc. so it was all in my head.

~~
So I got home tonight and said "screw garage sale stuff first, I'm cooking!" and I started pulling out whatever I could cook that was fast, and said "I don't care if DH likes it" and started experimenting. What started as a culinary chemistry experiment, turned into a pleasurable palate surprise, in the form of, wait for it...tuna patties? Yes really, and they were life altering.

Recipe:
12 ounce can of Chicken of the Sea - Light tuna in Water
2 small eggs
2 tsp of spicy mustard (0/0/0)
Old Bay to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
Cayenne Pepper to taste (I used a sprinkle )
Onion Powder (I used enough to cover one layer of the tuna that was in a cereal bowl, estimate 1/4 tsp?)
Mix up thoroughly with a fork until consistency is a bit thinner than a tuna sandwich would be...
Place on a preheated griddle in four crab-cake style lumps (sprayed with Pam Olive Oil cooking spray) and cover for approx 4 minutes (I had an electric skillet, it was 300 degrees), flip and cook another 4 minutes, leaving the cover on again. The bottom should be crisp and firm, the edges still soft and the middle the consistency of a normal tuna sandwich or tuna melt.
**To get my olive oil in for the day I sprinkled my 1/2 tsp of red chili pepper olive oil over the patties after putting it on a bed of lettuce leaves and it was so spicy and decadent and amazing! I loved it!!
Moving this recipe to the recipe thread, and my book as well now.

I put the patties on a bed of lettuce leaves, then added just over a cup of tri-colored peppers and onions I had quickly sautéed (they started frozen) Total cost of my dinner for me and DH = $4.00
this sounds amazing - I'll have to try this for some variety..... Thanks for sharing
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Wow, congrats ladies on the awesome week one weigh ins! Feels fantastic, don't it?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferGirl007 View Post
This is a fantastic forum. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring. I have never joined a forum such as this - but I have to say, when I considered joining the IP program, I got so much information from here, I am so thankful.

SO here I am - on day 3.

Day 1 was crazy headaches.
Today and yesterday I was just SO tired. Not sure if it's because I'm cutting out caffeine......but I'm ready for this stage to pass. The good thing is that I am so thrilled because I can see how this program will make long term changes in my life.

Anyway - I wanted to jump into the conversation and say thank you all for your kindness and support to one another, and I hope that I can find the same acceptance here.
For the headaches, make sure you get all your sea salt in, add a few shakes to your water or lick some off your palm when it starts and it should pass in 15 minutes. Also, why are you cutting caffeine? As long as you compensate your extra coffee with more water enjoy your java! Personally, I enjoy my 2+ cups each morning in my chocolate spinach smoothie (sounds crazy now, try it once and get back to me!).
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #128  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
this sounds amazing - I'll have to try this for some variety..... Thanks for sharing
It was totally rockin'! And I'd like to point out that DH asked if there was any left, and when I said no, he was devastated, and has asked me to make more within an hour of that first batch
Old 06-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #129  
Can't wait to lose 50 pds

S/C/G: SW: 170/CW: 169/GW: 120

Height: 5ft

Hey Everyone,

I didn't want to make a new thread about this but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am re-starting IP.

I had to stop for about a week and a half because I was going through some personal/family issues and I was not in the state of mind to focus on IP.

That being said I did gain a few more pounds but I will be motivated just to lose a lot more. This time around I am having myself do more physical activity. I have planned to bike to work as well as do some light weight training/ab crunching at home.

I look forward to doing this for the rest of the summer and hopefully reach my goal weight!!

Thanks again for all the prior support and I look forward to hearing from all of you on the forum!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 199/179/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
For the headaches, make sure you get all your sea salt in, add a few shakes to your water or lick some off your palm when it starts and it should pass in 15 minutes. Also, why are you cutting caffeine? As long as you compensate your extra coffee with more water enjoy your java! Personally, I enjoy my 2+ cups each morning in my chocolate spinach smoothie (sounds crazy now, try it once and get back to me!).
Thanks Liz -
I gave up the coffee because my typical coffee is a tall double soy latte with sugar free syrup. coffee on its own is too acidic for me...trying to figure out how to get it back in somehow in a way that i can tolerate...may help me lots.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Whew! I made it thru day 1! Not real excited about how things taste so far, but looking forward to good results. I am so thankful for all of your posts. It is so helpful to see all you IPers have accomplished. You give me hope!

Last edited by Satobb; 06-04-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Adding ticker
Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferGirl007 View Post
Thanks Liz -
I gave up the coffee because my typical coffee is a tall double soy latte with sugar free syrup. coffee on its own is too acidic for me...trying to figure out how to get it back in somehow in a way that i can tolerate...may help me lots.
You can use the IP Vanilla RTD as creamer along with an aspartame-free sugar-free syrup for breakfast. Personally, I recommend trying the spinach smoothie, especially if you need a way to help get your veggies down. I fill my blender to the top w/spinach, add 2 cups coffee and 2 cups ice along with any sweetener and blend ~90-120 seconds until spinach is liquefied, then I mix in my RTD (or drink or pudding pack) ~20 seconds.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-04-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Congratulations!!! Weekends are tough when we are off schedule and lots of temptations around. You can do any weekend now!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
WI and Measured last Saturday and had the "discussion" with my coach as to when I will be moving to the next phase. We have decided because she is away the weekend of June 15th, I will be ending Phase 1 on June 14th. I am so excited and anixous at the same time.

WI was good down another 3 lbs, (which seems to be my weekly norm) and another 5 inches. That brings me to 51 lbs and 56.5 inches gone forever. She said to me do you realize that you lost 5" off your waist alone and showed me what that looked like on the measuring tape. Wow I have completely changed and of course, my DH has a new me that he has never seen before (used to weigh more when I met him than I do now)
Cindy
Congratulations!! Good luck on phase 2. I think I will start that next week but am worried as I find lunches on IP such a "no brainier". Would like to switch up breakfast and leave lunch and supper alone.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 191/175/135

Height: 5'1"

Congrats to everyone on their 1st WIs and super losses! Those stories are what inspires me and others that IP is the place to be!
Closed Thread