Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Big thank you to all of you for being on this thread and sharing your stories, most of you are so inspiring to me and give me the courage to go on!

I just want to share my story about my amazing weekend!

For the old members who already know me, they must know by now how much I struggle with being OP over the weekend, it was like I always mess up over the weekend, only to restart dieting on weekdays, and the circle went on and on.

Luckily, I have the best news: this weekend, I made it, against all odds!

On Saturday, my husband wanted to finish the deck he started building for his dad last weekend (the same weekend I messed up big time with my diet), so I wanted to be prepared this time. I packed my protein powder, my bar, my vitamins and I even took some veggies with me (in case my in-laws did not have what I needed in their fridge, cause last time, it was mostly tomatoes what they had), anyway... Once we arrived at my dad-in-law, I opened my bag and I found that all my protein powder was spelt all over!! Luckily, I almost always have an RTD for emergencies, and I did! Yoopie!!! Our day started good, until I ‘’welcome’’ my monthly ‘’gift’’ visiting me much earlier than it was supposed to on Wednesday!! God! It was a very rainy day, so I opted to stay inside most of the day letting the men do their job!

For lunch, they decided to go the local restaurant and order hamburgers, hot dogs and fries! I swear to God, by the time we got our order home, I never ever ever in my life have seen fries this greasy! The fat was dripping over the two layers of paper bag they were in! Come to think what we put in our bodies! The smell was enticing, but while everyone ate that, I was a good girl and drank my shake, some of my prepared veggies and I was contempt with just sticking to my diet and being strong!

By around 5 pm, I was starving! I couldn’t take it anymore, so I grabbed the lettuce that I packed with me in the morning and I ate all that was left from it! Hey… Lettuce is free, so don’t judge me, lol.

Came supper time, what did they want to have? Take a guess… Another junk greasy food: pizza it was!!! And yeah!!! That is very accommodating to Sandra!!! I asked my father-in-law’s wife to prepare me some boiled eggs. After she did and presented them to me, I found that they were the cutest eggs I’ve ever seen. My father-in-law lives on a farm and these eggs were freshly picked from their chicken! They looked nothing like the eggs we buy in store, they were tiny small, the colour of their shell was a pistachio kind of colour that I’ve never seen before on an egg, but anyway, she made me 5 small boiled eggs which equals I guess to about 3 normal sized eggs (well, normal to me, I meant, heheheh) and I prepared myself the best ever salad I made, I don’t know what was it about it, but I opened the pantry and saw lots of spices and herbs and I did my mix, adding a little bit of this and that, some apple cider vinegar, some olive oil and voila, my salad was amazing!

When I opened my computer back home on Sunday morning, I learnt about busymomx4 reaching her goal, I was so ecstatic for her, I was so inspired by her before and after pictures and it gave me the strength to go on with my day.

On Sunday night, after the exhausting weekend for my baby doing construction, he wanted to treat us to a date, nothing fancy, we decided to go to the movies to see Avengers, good movie by the way. We wouldn’t have made it in time if we had supper, so we went without eating. Hubby ordered a serving of nahos and cheese and a small bag of pop corn. Pop corn is my hugest weakness, I LOVE POP CORN, whether it is sweet or salty, I love this stuff, I swear to God that if I have to choose only two things to live on for the rest of my life, I would choose almonds and pop corn! And the pop corn that he ordered smelled heavenly, all this butter smell meted over them, OMG! How can I resist that? But I did! I really did! Not even one bite, nothing, I got my pleasure from only smelling them.

I did it, I really really did it!! Finally, I am there.

Sorry about writing this much, but there was a warning in my title

Hope everyone is doing well.
You had some WONDERFUL will power this weekend! Way to go!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #32  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

ok silly question i know but im desperate..me and my daughter have both tried to make my tracker..we were able to make it but not get it on my profile and get it to pop up with my comments.. if anyone has time could the give me step by step instrutions..im getting to the point were i want to give one of you my password so you can do it for me ha ha !!! so just made the rice pudding with miracle noodles and vanilla pudding and then some rhubarb on time..yikes the rice smells yucky hope that gets hidden in the pudding or that wont work.. smells fishy but i think it is made of mushrooms..anyway hope everyone has a good day !
Old 06-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlusaf View Post
Weigh in today and down 3 lbs, so I am officially under 200!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Its been a long time since I have been here!!! Have a great day all!!!
Yay! Good job, can't wait to join you in onederland!!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #34  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
so just made the rice pudding with miracle noodles and vanilla pudding and then some rhubarb on time..yikes the rice smells yucky hope that gets hidden in the pudding or that wont work.. smells fishy but i think it is made of mushrooms..anyway hope everyone has a good day !
I hated the miracle noodles. The smell, the rubbery texture... It just wasnt worth it for me- I figured I could live without pasta. I hope you have better luck and enjoy your snack!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #35  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

So Today is WI #1 this afternoon, I don't know why I am anxious as bad as I am. I was 100% OP all weekend, even with the veggies.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #36  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

good morning everyone!

today was my WI #1 of my re-boot and I am down 7.2 lbs so I am happy with that!

looking forward to a more relaxed week ahead... I had my friend's Celebration of Life on Saturday that I planned and MC'd (everyone said I did awesome!) so the last few weeks have been really hard and stressful.

have a great Monday!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #37  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanieDawn View Post
Well I'm fairly new to these forums and really don't know my way around yet...

I am day 13 on the ideal protein program... I LOVE it!!! Week one weigh in I lost TWELEVE POUNDS!!!!!! I was eating one restricted food per day so am trying this week without a restricted food but rather a shake. Seems to be working good... According to my scale last night I was down another 8 pounds however i do believe this must be an error as I haven't read of many ppl having two huge weeks like that back to back. But regardless I feel amazing and am starting to notice the difference when I look in the mirror.

A couple things I am wondering abt though are

1. When I get my time of the month the cravings are out of control... I mean damn near in tears fighting these damn things and my moods are pretty nasty!!! My significant other has mentioned that I have been "extremely *****y" since I started the diet and claims I treat him horribly now compared to before.... And ideas why this would be happening or how to deal with it?!?!

2. I am taking the multi vita, the pot cal and the cal mag... Can anyone tell me what the benefits would be to adding in the enzymes, omegas and anti oxy?!?! More lose?!?!

3. When can I start working out again and does it drastically increase weight loss or will it make me feel weak and light headed?!?!
Quote:
Weigh in today and down 3 lbs, so I am officially under 200!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Its been a long time since I have been here!!! Have a great day all!!!
My first two weeks were back to back big losses. You probably won't loose as much the second week as the first, but it could still be a big loss. Just be prepared for the 3rd and sometimes the 4th week WI could be pretty small because you loose so much the first two weeks. After that it all settles back into a normal pace for awhile.

As for the supplements, I think everyone should be taking a good quality fish oil pill. It's SO good for your body in so many ways. I can't speak to the other pills as I'm not familiar with them.

With exercise, I wouldn't do much for the first 3 weeks or so as you will feel pretty weak it you try and exercise. Once you are past the first 3 to 4 weeks, you should move your body, but keep it on the light side. Generally people slow down their WL if they work out too hard. Also make sure that once you start to exercise that you have an extra packet right before or right after working out, as your body will need that extra protein. I personally strength train 3 to 4 days per week and do some light cardio on the other days. It's a fine line we walk on this diet when it comes to exercise since this is a low calorie diet. If you burn too many calories working out while on IP your body will try and hold on to the weight as it thinks it is protecting you.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
good morning everyone!

looking forward to a more relaxed week ahead... I had my friend's Celebration of Life on Saturday that I planned and MC'd (everyone said I did awesome!) so the last few weeks have been really hard and stressful.

have a great Monday!
Hi Sara,

Welcome back!!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #39  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So Today is WI #1 this afternoon, I don't know why I am anxious as bad as I am. I was 100% OP all weekend, even with the veggies.
Your will do great! Check back in and let us know how it goes
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #40  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

WI and Measured last Saturday and had the "discussion" with my coach as to when I will be moving to the next phase. We have decided because she is away the weekend of June 15th, I will be ending Phase 1 on June 14th. I am so excited and anixous at the same time.

WI was good down another 3 lbs, (which seems to be my weekly norm) and another 5 inches. That brings me to 51 lbs and 56.5 inches gone forever. She said to me do you realize that you lost 5" off your waist alone and showed me what that looked like on the measuring tape. Wow I have completely changed and of course, my DH has a new me that he has never seen before (used to weigh more when I met him than I do now)
Cindy
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
So happy for you for getting to that part of your loss journey!!!! Woooohooo!!

I have been gone for awhile. Never a good sign!! Went to visit parents for a week. Then, my son got sick and had to have some care. Then, my brother became very ill but is better. These trips and stresses were disruptive! I was afraid of the travel and visit and it was hard. I was not able to be 100% OP . Nothing went terribly wrong as I did not eat things not allowed. But, I could not get to all my meal ingredients and had more meat than allowed. I passed on all the aunties desserts, etc. Diffcult time though.

Weighed today and scales say up 1lb. I am so needing cheering on and up!! I really am dedicated to my journey. Guess I will have to now count this as part of it, but I so want to get settled back in with my routine.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #42  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
good morning everyone!

have a great Monday!

Welcome back Glad to see you on board again
Old 06-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
WI and Measured last Saturday and had the "discussion" with my coach as to when I will be moving to the next phase. We have decided because she is away the weekend of June 15th, I will be ending Phase 1 on June 14th. I am so excited and anixous at the same time.

WI was good down another 3 lbs, (which seems to be my weekly norm) and another 5 inches. That brings me to 51 lbs and 56.5 inches gone forever. She said to me do you realize that you lost 5" off your waist alone and showed me what that looked like on the measuring tape. Wow I have completely changed and of course, my DH has a new me that he has never seen before (used to weigh more when I met him than I do now)
Cindy
So excited for you! I can't wait until I hit that 90% mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning, IPers!!
NSV: i've'd had to try on several pairs of slacks in order to find some pants to wear to work. My "too big" pile of clothes grows. Happiness!
Yay!!!! I'm almost there. My backside is always the last to shrink, so it takes forever for my pants to start falling off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Day 6 for me! Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in. According to my scale, I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days I am so excited!!!
Congratulations! IP Rocks! You're melting.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

I have been gone for awhile. Never a good sign!! Went to visit parents for a week. Then, my son got sick and had to have some care. Then, my brother became very ill but is better. These trips and stresses were disruptive! I was afraid of the travel and visit and it was hard. I was not able to be 100% OP . Nothing went terribly wrong as I did not eat things not allowed. But, I could not get to all my meal ingredients and had more meat than allowed. I passed on all the aunties desserts, etc. Diffcult time though.

Weighed today and scales say up 1lb. I am so needing cheering on and up!! I really am dedicated to my journey. Guess I will have to now count this as part of it, but I so want to get settled back in with my routine.
Sorry to hear it was a rough time, and glad to hear that everyone is better. At least you stayed within the plan and didn't eat anything off plan. I truely believe you are up 1 only because of the stress that you were under, that's all. Just try relaxing now and get back in the groove.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

I am here to offer support and cheer you on. It sounds like you did the best in the situation so let's move forward, you can do this!! Look at what you did right, passing on the sweets, so you didn't totally blow it! You are doing great only adding 1 lb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post

Cindy
Good luck and congratulations!! Great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
You were 100% you will be fine!! Good luck!
Closed Thread