3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 06/04/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260386-ip-daily-chat-monday-06-04-12-a.html)

sandralosingweight 06-04-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4358622)
Hey guys, just checking in quick, I'll post replies later. It's one of those "Monday" kind of Mondays, you know the ones; You get out of bed, stub your toe, realize you misplaced your glasses and are now blind and can't find them, end up late to work with 3x more e-mails than normal...yeah, one of THOSE Mondays...and my loss this week was the smallest so far, -1.6 which is OK technically, but "low" for what I wanted. I was so gung ho to get to 175 this week, but I guess it'll be next week.

I'm going to start walking on lunch again this week, after the last two week experiment failed. Fitting in my size 12's is the only thing keeping me "sane" at this point. I nearly went to try on 10's last night and then renegged, knowing they'd be too tight since my 12's are still on the "snug" size. And I don't want to just get 'vanity' sizes (size 10 fits like a 16, etc.) just to feel better.

My neck and shoulders are soooooo sunburned, it sucks and hurts, but I made almost $200 on Saturday's sale, which felt AWESOME and that'll be enough $$$ to get my container garden up and running like a garden should be! Going to plant bell peppers, green onions, hot peppers of some sort, tomatoes and maybe cucumbers, even got chicken wire to protect it from the dogs.

I decided my next "Goal" weight won't be a weight at all, but will be me fitting into size 10's. I got my own hair dye so I can do that on my own this week instead of paying $120 to have the salon do it, then will be able to save $$$ for when it's time to ride out to Sturgis in August. Weirdly I think I'll stay OP for that trip so I can be in even better shape come September and my cruise. I hope all the riding makes my thighs look like goddess thighs (it does that sometimes) and my arms look more toned, as well as my abs. I want them to look nice once the layer of fat covering them is gone.

Wow I'm rambling a lot this morning, I must have missed you guys! This weekend was so hectic I barely had time to get online, and tonight is looking about the same, pick out more stuff to sell, fold it, price it, pack it. I would LOVE to make about $350 total for myself for this sale, cushion my wallet a bit this week as I bought my AMP protein powder and it ran me $90 ... although that is for 102 servings, so a month and a half, so I really can't complain. Still, bleh! lol!

I'll be back on this afternoon to read everything and post replies. Toodles all!
-Yoda Out!!

Hello :)

I almost always colour my hair myself, it is not that hard, just a little bit of patience and some time to yourself and you can do it.

What kind of sales do you do?

kikig3 06-04-2012 01:17 PM

HI everyone! It's sad that work is the only time I can check on here after the weekend I had. Still going strong and can't wait for my first WI on Wed. There were a lot of temptations for me this weekend. I baked cupcakes for my sons soccer party and never licked the beater or my finger! The soccer party was loaded with pizza, chips, soda and all the temptations but I muscled through with no problems! Saturday night was an outdoor concert for our local steel drum band and our neighbors brought a lot of chips, cookies and brownies. They looked good but were not worth a second glance. I've got my eyes set on a new wardrobe so here is hoping I can stay strong!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Darralyn 06-04-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARWBryan (Post 4358662)
Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm struggling a bit. This is my third week on IP. The first week, I lost nothing, the second I lost 2.4. I'm discouraged because it seems that everyone is losing 5-10 in their first weeks and I'm just not there. Do any of you have any encouragement?

I didn't lose much at first either so don't let it get you down; if you stay 100% OP it will work! Good luck to you and welcome to the site! :)

usmcvet 06-04-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyjean (Post 4358211)
Morning, IPers!!
NSV: i've'd had to try on several pairs of slacks in order to find some pants to wear to work. My "too big" pile of clothes grows. Happiness!

What a great feeling! I am bummed out I think I got rid of two bathing suits a few months ago that would fit now. Oh well time to buy a new one because the one I wore yesterday would not stay up at all with out being tied very tight! It's a nice feeling because I've had that suit 4 years!

amandasweet 06-04-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm struggling a bit. This is my third week on IP. The first week, I lost nothing, the second I lost 2.4. I'm discouraged because it seems that everyone is losing 5-10 in their first weeks and I'm just not there. Do any of you have any encouragement?

Hi there, try not to get discouraged.

Give us a breakdown of what your day looks like on plan. Hard to know without a picture of what your eating, if your drinking enough, etc.

Let us know and we'll see if you can help you come up with a plan.

amandasweet 06-04-2012 01:28 PM

Do we have a thread dedicated just to before and after pictures? My mom and grandma are doing the program, and I really wanted to show them your success but I could only find individual posts, nothing for everyone.

newmom7611 06-04-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandasweet (Post 4358693)
Do we have a thread dedicated just to before and after pictures? My mom and grandma are doing the program, and I really wanted to show them your success but I could only find individual posts, nothing for everyone.

i'm not sure if there's one or not... but i've been asking like twice a week about HOW to post before and afters in our signature and i haven't gotten an answer lol.

i went to user CP and edit signature and tried to upload from the option shown there, but it always says "upload failed." anyone else have this problem?

northernfawn 06-04-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettygirlusaf (Post 4358473)
Weigh in today and down 3 lbs, so I am officially under 200!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Its been a long time since I have been here!!! Have a great day all!!!

CONGRATULATIONS - so exciting!!! I hope to join you this week......

greeniris 06-04-2012 01:51 PM

Yikes - for the first time am having really strong cravings for the forbidden today! Today is day 11 OP. I know it's all in my head, cuz the Veggie Wrap I had for lunch was quite filling. Am drinking lots of water and snacking on cucumber, but neither seems to be helping. I brought an extra IP for later this afternoon since am going to the grocery store after work. I won't cave, but it might be a 4 IP day! Haven't done that since I started OP. grrrrrr

Kikie 06-04-2012 01:59 PM

Good afternoon!

WI #4 is tomorrow, I am really excited :) Holy cow, I have really seen the difference this week. My pants are horribly baggy, I look like a rapper!!

The last 2 days have been easier than usual for me, I think it has to do with my friend finding rhubarb at the store and buying me a bunch. I've been making rhubarb "stew" with a little water, lemon juice, Splenda and vanilla and it is so yummy that it doesn't feel like eating veggies. If I compare that to forcing down 2 cups of plain raw broccoli last week (because I was out of groceries), this was almost like eating cake!

I hope everyone is having a great OP day. :hug:

Kaypix 06-04-2012 02:00 PM

Holy Quotes Batman!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4358207)
I broke my glasses so I have to go shopping for some, hopefully one of those 2-for-1 deals so I'll have a spare the next time...
found myself getting ansty, and got up to take 3 quick walks during the day. I don't know much about exercise and metabolism, but I'm thinking I must have rev'd up my metabolism in the past month of hard work and my body was used to it. Kind of a nice feeling...
Margaret

I hope that my energy can be as amazing as yours some day :) You are inspiring and always fun to read :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnsun4 (Post 4358244)
Good morning all! The garage sale we had this weekend was successful.....I still have tons of baby clothes left that I am trying to sell on craigslist.

Mine is "half" over, have to do the other half next Saturday, and am now considering taking Friday off work to do it, since Fridays seem to be popular days for people to garage sale shop...so strange, I swear I've never done Friday shopping, but eh, whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanaroph (Post 4358281)
Today I am playing waiting on the repairman game to fix our washer. When I use the clean washer cycle, the washing machine cleans the floors in the laundry room too by gushing water.. Not Cool!:

Maybe it was trying to compete with those self-clearning roombas and stuff, taking it up a notch? I hope it's just like a gasket that got old and cracked and is an easy fix!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4358287)
Went to WI#7 @8am... Im down 2.5lbs -24lbs loss in 7 weeks.

Grats on the loss, sorry for the insanity of the weekend (that seems to have really gone around this weekend!) and I hope your mom chills out and is able to recover well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4358292)
Just had my first phase 3 breakfast and it was divine. :dizzy: I am nervous about that insulin release and hope I don't get nauseous or anything.

Wow, that food looked absolutely amazing, I can't tell you how bad I miss English Muffins right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny5228 (Post 4358404)
For lunch I like to eat a Subway salad with all of the approved veggies and there Olive Oil, but once I eat that I am usually too full for my protein packet. Do I need to eat that too? Should I not eat the salad and just do the packet?

Packet first, veggies later. I have to do that at dinner with my meat or I never finish it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanieDawn (Post 4358455)
1. When I get my time of the month the cravings are out of control... I mean damn near in tears fighting these damn things and my moods are pretty nasty!!! My significant other has mentioned that I have been "extremely *****y" since I started the diet and claims I treat him horribly now compared to before.
Welcome to the club of loss sista' ... my poor DH was about to lose his mind until I got Wellbutrin added to the mix (was in depression originally and needed meds for it just before starting IP, it balances me out a bit). Cravings: Never leave home without a bar, or a soy snack packet thing, or a RTD shake, it helps, and DON'T GET STARVING! I learned if I wait long enough to starve, I make bad choices.

2. I am taking the multi vita, the pot cal and the cal mag... Can anyone tell me what the benefits would be to adding in the enzymes, omegas and anti oxy?!?! More lose?!?!

3. When can I start working out again and does it drastically increase weight loss or will it make me feel weak and light headed?!?!My weight loss slowed down while I worked out, but I think that was a mix of gaining muscle and starvation mode, going to do it again but with a different approach

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4358480)
I did it, I really really did it!! Finally, I am there.
Sorry about writing this much, but there was a warning in my title :)
Hope everyone is doing well.

Great job this weekend! Talk about feeling like a rockstar! I still slice and sneak in cucumbers to theaters for movies...I'm a nerd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haddy4 (Post 4358523)
ok silly question i know but im desperate..me and my daughter have both tried to make my tracker..we were able to make it but not get it on my profile and get it to pop up with my comments..:( if anyone has time could the give me step by step instrutions..im getting to the point were i want to give one of you my password so you can do it for me ha ha !!! so just made the rice pudding with miracle noodles and vanilla pudding and then some rhubarb on time..yikes the rice smells yucky hope that gets hidden in the pudding or that wont work.. smells fishy but i think it is made of mushrooms..anyway hope everyone has a good day !

I'm on it! I'll make a thread on it, we do have a sticky on trackers...here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html
But I will make you a PDF and put it up here too with print screens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmelvin (Post 4358590)
Hi I'm looking for some comfort casseroles with IP. It's been raining here for what seems like forever and I just want something warm and comforting. Any ideas?

I'll dig around, but I'm not overly optimistic, maybe try to use zucchini in place of noodles, use a tuna type casserole result with some IP cream of mushroom soup or veggie soup?

Quote:

1 - Always tell your coach what's going on.
2 - It'll be OK :) We don't all have big losses every week, even though the protocol may say "Average of 3-5 lbs / week". Just remember it's not always about the # on the scale, it's about what's inside you :) Your pancreas is getting a good rest right now, and you could have retained water from some salty food, or stress, or TOM or any other number of factors. Just remember, you are now 2.4 pounds closer to a healthier you.
3 - Set small goals, they are easier and more of instant gratification than saying "I must lose xyz pounds and will not be happy until then!" Shoot for 5 pounds, then when you hit that, shoot for 7 pounds, or 10 total.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4358665)
Hello :)

I almost always colour my hair myself, it is not that hard, just a little bit of patience and some time to yourself and you can do it.

What kind of sales do you do?

I had a yard sale, gonna do another one this weekend, clearing out junk me and my extended family had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandasweet (Post 4358693)

There is a mini goal photo album page, let me link it for you:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

It's not specific to us, just mini goals in general.

IPdivajen 06-04-2012 02:07 PM

Hi all! Busy day here but wanted to pop in and wish everyone weighing in today good luck. :)

My wee victory today was that I saw the 250's on the scale today for the first time in, um, forever!? At least that's how it feels. 259 never looked so good! Hoping my WI tomorrow goes well but I'm happy enough just seeing that magic 5!

sangria12 06-04-2012 02:11 PM

New to IP and boards!

Hi ladies! Nice to meet everyone. I'm new to IP and really excited just reading your posts. Hopefully I'm on my way to getting healthy again! I can already say that I feel amazing and it's only day 4. Just stopping drinking...eating veggies...all the water...the vitamins...I feel great. I thought this weekend would be hard with avoiding alcohol, but it was actually pretty easy. I found these little Energy water flavors with no carbs, calories, fat, sugar...just b vitamins and they come in lots of great flavors (like lemonade and pink lemonade!) so that has helped with my water consumption.

I can already tell I'm down in my weight. Tomorrow is my first weigh in...less than a week, but I need to weigh in on Tuesdays so tomorrow will only be 5 days OP.

I love the chili, bars, drinks, herbed omelet, but I could not down the soup this afternoon no matter how hard I tried. YUCK. I think I may just need to stick to what I like to make it work.

Anyone have favorites? I'm thinking of trying soy patties tomorrow but honestly, they scare me. lol

Anyway, look forward to joining you all on this journey to great health!

Diana B 06-04-2012 02:15 PM

Good morning everyone - let's all have a great OP day!:hug::carrot:

Miss A 06-04-2012 02:16 PM

Hi Everyone! Just checking in again and everybody seems to be great on a Monday afternoon! The past weekend was my first weekend on IP and it sure was difficult to stay OP, but I did it!

Everybody have a happy OP day!