Old 06-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #1  
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Height: 5'6"

Default HELP!!!!! WI #2 Disappointing

Well first WI I lost 7.6lbs and that was a great start...second WI not so much only a 0.2 loss!!! What in the world happened. I have a shake for breakfast around 8 am, lunch at 12 which consists of 2 cups of veggies and my protein, my snack bar was at 3pm, and dinner at 6 which again consists of 2 cups veggies and my meat. I have not cheated at all ... WHY in the world didn't I lose more

I don't know what to change or do different. I used the test strips for ketosis and they are dark maroon second from the top...only being one level higher so I am in ketosis. I don't know if I should eat more or what.

I did cut out bars, but now i'm STARVING Any ideas?
star2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #2  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey Hey, calm down it's ok! If you had some salty food the night before weigh in, or even a day or two before, you can retain water like crazy. That'll add up. Also, if it's that time of the month you will retain weight or lose slowly. Don't let yourself get discouraged.

First - Talk to your coach, did they tell you anything was wrong?
Second - Are you drinking enough water, having your 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp olive oil every day?
Third - Are you stressing constantly? If you are, your body releases cortisol which hinders weight loss.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey Hey, calm down it's ok! If you had some salty food the night before weigh in, or even a day or two before, you can retain water like crazy. That'll add up. Also, if it's that time of the month you will retain weight or lose slowly. Don't let yourself get discouraged.

First - Talk to your coach, did they tell you anything was wrong?
Second - Are you drinking enough water, having your 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp olive oil every day?
Third - Are you stressing constantly? If you are, your body releases cortisol which hinders weight loss.
I did talk to my coach and she has no idea, she said I'm doing everything right. I can admit I'm not drinking as much water as I did week one. Yes, I am having sea salt on my veggies (i bake zuchini and mushrooms and sprinkle over) and I put a little olive oil in the pan. It is possible that I am stressed as I was recently laid off work and it's been a struggle to find a new job

I just worry each week may be the same, stress level probably won't change unfortunately.

I am drinking more water, I am not eating bars this week. So hopefully that will help a little.

Do you know if any certain veggies are better or worse on our list? I mostly eat red peppers, some broccoli, a little cauliflower, some tomatoes but hardly any, but my go to almost every day first and second week is the zuchini and mushrooms. Also I try not to eat beef every day as I worry that's higher in fat.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #4  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Sometimes week 2 is bad. In my second week I only lost 1.4 pounds after losing almost 5 pounds in the first one. Then the third one I lost 3.6 which was great! Just keep going, maybe your body is adapting or something.
paulimapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #5  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Red peppers should be once or twice a week as a limited vegetable. Asparagus is a diarrhetic so if you are retaining water it'll help get rid of that. "sprinkling" salt would take a lot to get to a half teaspoon, most of the time you have to make a concerted effort to get to that amount. Let's see, I'd say focus on getting all your water, try to get at least 7+ hours of sleep (I literally lose .2 lbs more on a given day when I sleep 8 hours vs 6) and try to find a way to be able to "shed" the stress for at least short periods of time. I'm a very high strung person, but I force myself to just quiet down once a night for half an hour and just "Be" and I think that helps. Really bad nights I meditate but that exhausts me. You are starting about where I did, but my week 1 loss was lower and week 2 was a bit higher, and I'm on alternatives so kind of apples to oranges there.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2nite View Post
I did talk to my coach and she has no idea, she said I'm doing everything right. I can admit I'm not drinking as much water as I did week one. Yes, I am having sea salt on my veggies (i bake zuchini and mushrooms and sprinkle over) and I put a little olive oil in the pan. It is possible that I am stressed as I was recently laid off work and it's been a struggle to find a new job

I just worry each week may be the same, stress level probably won't change unfortunately.

I am drinking more water, I am not eating bars this week. So hopefully that will help a little.

Do you know if any certain veggies are better or worse on our list? I mostly eat red peppers, some broccoli, a little cauliflower, some tomatoes but hardly any, but my go to almost every day first and second week is the zuchini and
mushrooms. Also I try not to eat beef every day as I worry that's higher in
fat.
Keep doing what you did on week one and it will come off. If you start restricting yourself too much, ie take away beef, etc, you are really going to get discouraged. Keep going and drink a gallon of water a day- you will be fine. It works- you are not going to have big losses or necessarily losses every week- but stick to it and whoosh- you will have those bigger loss weeks.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Red peppers should be once or twice a week as a limited vegetable. Asparagus is a diarrhetic so if you are retaining water it'll help get rid of that. "sprinkling" salt would take a lot to get to a half teaspoon, most of the time you have to make a concerted effort to get to that amount. Let's see, I'd say focus on getting all your water, try to get at least 7+ hours of sleep (I literally lose .2 lbs more on a given day when I sleep 8 hours vs 6) and try to find a way to be able to "shed" the stress for at least short periods of time. I'm a very high strung person, but I force myself to just quiet down once a night for half an hour and just "Be" and I think that helps. Really bad nights I meditate but that exhausts me. You are starting about where I did, but my week 1 loss was lower and week 2 was a bit higher, and I'm on alternatives so kind of apples to oranges there.
Thank you for the suggestions I'm willing to try anything! My doctor didn't say red peppers were limited...hmm weird.

Bring on the asparagus

I wonder what else I can use a filler so to speak, lettuce is just not my thing, though I keep trying. I sprinkle lemon juice on it because I just don't like Walden farms much at all.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Sometimes week 2 is bad. In my second week I only lost 1.4 pounds after losing almost 5 pounds in the first one. Then the third one I lost 3.6 which was great! Just keep going, maybe your body is adapting or something.
Thank you for your reply I sure hope this is the case, otherwise i'll be on this diet till i'm ninety haha
Old 06-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Keep doing what you did on week one and it will come off. If you start restricting yourself too much, ie take away beef, etc, you are really going to get discouraged. Keep going and drink a gallon of water a day- you will be fine. It works- you are not going to have big losses or necessarily losses every week- but stick to it and whoosh- you will have those bigger loss weeks.
THank you so much the encouragment really helps. My fiance and I are doing the diet together and his first weigh in was 13 lbs, then 8, and it's gone down dramatically. We both had low losses this last week (actually it's 2 weeks of only 1 lb losses for him), so I thought we must be doing something wrong.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestions I'm willing to try anything! My doctor didn't say red peppers were limited...hmm weird.

Bring on the asparagus

I wonder what else I can use a filler so to speak, lettuce is just not my thing, though I keep trying. I sprinkle lemon juice on it because I just don't like Walden farms much at all.
Red peppers are no longer limited- used to be when I first started with ideal protein but the updated version of phase 1, all peppers are allowed, all colors- up to 2 cups twice a day if that is what you want- trust me NO ONE EVER GOT FAT from eating too many peppers.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #11  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Hi! I had a disappointing second week as well, though still pretty good by most standards. Went from -9.6 to -3.0!! I was hoping for at least 5 on that second week, since I want to fit in my gorgeous size 9 dress for my mid-june graduation from uni . It picked back up on week 3 with a -5.2, but this week (wk 4) seems to be lower again (-3ish). I've seen a lot of people on these boards getting "cycles" of big and smaller losses, time of the day when you weigh also matters, time of the month, if you went #2 recently, if you drank water before, and sometimes you lose less on the scale and a bunch of inches. So hang in there, you seem to be doing everything right. I am fairly sure you'll see another nice number pretty soon !
Kikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Hi! I had a disappointing second week as well, though still pretty good by most standards. Went from -9.6 to -3.0!! I was hoping for at least 5 on that second week, since I want to fit in my gorgeous size 9 dress for my mid-june graduation from uni . It picked back up on week 3 with a -5.2, but this week (wk 4) seems to be lower again (-3ish). I've seen a lot of people on these boards getting "cycles" of big and smaller losses, time of the day when you weigh also matters, time of the month, if you went #2 recently, if you drank water before, and sometimes you lose less on the scale and a bunch of inches. So hang in there, you seem to be doing everything right. I am fairly sure you'll see another nice number pretty soon !
I wish I had a 3lb loss the second time I thought for sure I'd lost. Funny thing is my scale at home is now down in the 170's consistently, it even was on the day I went into the doctor's office but then I get there and it's still in the 180's darn it. Weighed with same clothes, didn't drink anything etc. Oh well I won't give up
Old 06-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #13  

Default ?

How do each of you weigh your meat portions at dinner?

And does anyone eat sugar free jello for a snack? Seems like it's 0's across the board and would be ok?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

no you cant have regular jello. IP has there own jello's,at least that is what my coach said
SoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
How do each of you weigh your meat portions at dinner?

And does anyone eat sugar free jello for a snack? Seems like it's 0's across the board and would be ok?
Each coach seems to be different with a few things. My coach added sugar free jello in for both myself and husband. As long as its no sugar asses/sugar free. I've been having them since week 2 and i don't seem to be having any issues with the jello.
wendywendy is offline   Reply With Quote