Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #76  

Quick question: I've done the search, but I don't think I'm doing it right! Can someone tell me how to make LizRR's spinach smoothie that she has for breakfast? Something about spinach, ice, protein packet? A recipe would be great and MUCH appreciated! THANKS!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
All you wise wise folk!! I need some advice. We're getting geared up for summer camping. Breakfast and noon lunch is a no brainier for me, but do you have any ideas for some dinners? I'm thinking protein as per normal and veggies either sautéed or steamed. But what do you eat when the family is having a weiner roast or burgers? I guess I could pack along some individual portions of protein for those nights, but I am looking for some more ideas! Thanks!!!!
Checks out the deli for some precooked meat? Just bought some steak 'chunks' for my lunches this coming week. There was chicken too, just make sure it's just regular cooked and there is no sugar in the ingredients. Blue menu makes a portion wise burger that's not bad, some people use veggie cheese on their burgers. Or cooked up some chicken before you go?? If you bring a freezer along that is

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-02-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Checks out the deli for some precooked meat? Just bought some steak 'chunks' for my lunches this coming week. There was chicken too, just make sure it's just regular cooked and there is no sugar in the ingredients. Blue menu makes a portion wise burger that's not bad, some people use veggie cheese on their burgers. Or cooked up some chicken before you go?? If you bring a freezer along that is
Good ideas thanks! Our local delis are brutal! But I could buy a cooked deli chicken and pre cut up the breasts. That's a great idea!! We have a little camper and I could freeze some portions ahead of time. I think I'll make my own burgers with extra lean beef and have mine without the bun! Yeah summer!!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #79  

Default starting phase 3

I'm starting phase 3 tomorrow. I go to a 9:30 class to work out and I don't really want to eat a big meal before that. Is it ok to have a shake in the morning and then have the "breakfast" at 11 when I get back home?
Old 06-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #80  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenV410 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has made the soup ahead of time with cold water then heated in the microwave later? Does it still stay a good consistency?
Yes, do it all the time. It actually thickenes up some. I use broccoli cheese and add cooked broccoli.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #81  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. Thought I would check in. I am leaving for my week long monthly trip to Wyoming in the morning. I got an email last night saying they upgraded me to first class for my 2 long flights tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!! That makes me so happy I don't have much time to check in here when I am traveling, but you all are always in my thoughts. Good wishes to all of you this coming week.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #82  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Mtnsun4 & Kaypix - good luck at your garage sales! Dump those clothes...it is sooooo liberating!

GeauxTigers82 - for headaches, nausea, dizziness make sure you have adequate sea salt. Next time lick a shake of salt off your hand with some water and see how it goes ~15 minutes.

KathrynRose - It does sound like you are having waaaay to much time between meals, it might be kicking you in/out of starvation mode. curious as to how next week goes, great job on the planning!

Cadu - have fun in AC! And win big at the tables! Momma needs a new pair of pants (literally)!

sunshinered - this diet is amazing, my cravings in the face of buffets, etc is gone. And it is so empowering to flex those willpower muscles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Quick question: I've done the search, but I don't think I'm doing it right! Can someone tell me how to make LizRR's spinach smoothie that she has for breakfast? Something about spinach, ice, protein packet? A recipe would be great and MUCH appreciated! THANKS!
Here's a link to my recent smoothie instruction post! I LOVE it with chocolate! I think the most important part is preblending to liquefy the spinach, it also adds a great texture. I mix in my IP after to reduce the foam.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4352644-post7.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsacher20 View Post
I'm starting phase 3 tomorrow. I go to a 9:30 class to work out and I don't really want to eat a big meal before that. Is it ok to have a shake in the morning and then have the "breakfast" at 11 when I get back home?
I do an 8:30am Bodypump class on Sat, I usually have my breakfast @ 7:45am, class @ 8:30-9:30am, then second breakfast @ 10am. I sooooo need to sandwich that class between my IP packets.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-03-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 249/200/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with re-occurring cancer because of the estrogen released when on this extreme diet. I have my food and am starting IP for the first time on Monday but am a former breast cancer survivor and a little concerned. Thanks for any comments on this!
Hi, I am 5 years out from breast cancer, and had this same concern.....discussed with my oncologist and we decided to keep me on the estrogen blocking meds for a further year. Initial concern was the additonal soy products/estrogen link, and the release of estrogen from the breakdown of fats. Oncologist really doesn't have any science/studies on this topic, but it made sense to stay on meds longer
Old 06-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR;4357042

Here's a link to my recent smoothie instruction post! I LOVE it with chocolate! I think the most important part is preblending to liquefy the spinach, it also adds a great texture. I mix in my IP after to reduce the foam.
[url
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4352644-post7.html[/url]

I do an 8:30am Bodypump class on Sat, I usually have my breakfast @ 7:45am, class @ 8:30-9:30am, then second breakfast @ 10am. I sooooo need to sandwich that class between my IP packets.
Thanks soooooo much!!!!!!! I can't wait to try it!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #85  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good evening everyone. Well its been a busy day here with family today. Had a good old fashioned BBQ with some nice grilled chicken and some spinach salad...it was delicious...

Tommorow i begin the family 90 day challenge. All of my family members are going on a 90 day challenge. He who completes the challenge, gets two nights to the resort with there loved one of choice... Im excited...and nervous

Btw...bought some wf strawberry stuff..what should i do with it? Recipes anyone?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #86  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with re-occurring cancer because of the estrogen released when on this extreme diet. I have my food and am starting IP for the first time on Monday but am a former breast cancer survivor and a little concerned. Thanks for any comments on this!
It was my oncologist who recommend Ideal Protien to me. I had endometrial cancer a couple of years ago. I too was worried about the estrogen, but as I said my oncologist recommended the plan.

I should add that I'm also at a higher risk for breast cancer so I'm on evista, which is also an estrogen blocker. Hopefully that will give me the added protection should this loosing fat and dealing with the stored estrogen cause an extra problem.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 06-03-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Had WI #6 and am down 3.2, 5.25" for a total of 21.3# and 15"!!
Went wedding dress shopping today, it felt good to fit into the smaller sizes!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #88  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

NSV: Able to wear my wedding ring again after almost 2 years of having my ring finger be a little too chubby for it. I hadn't even thought about it until DH started complaining that I don't have my ring on still.

Other than that, just on a perpetually slow....... losing pattern. LOL. This might be an odd question, but how many times should the average person be doing #2 a day to have the sort of daily eliminations that keep everything humming along? Seems like I only go every other day if I'm not taking some sort of laxative to help along. I got some magnesium to take daily in case I have a magnesium deficiency and I've been drinking warm beverages which generally have helped me be more easily "regular" in the past. Just seems like I'm not going like I should. Ugh.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #89  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Beautiful day + finding new yummy things to make.

(attached picture of some things I use to make my food yum!)
I really like herbs in tube (ginger, coriander, it has also helped me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Jack is my best buddy. The girls and Mom were at the party too. Here is a photo of them. Kylie, with the cheeks!, is on the left and Destini is on the right. Kylie is 4 and Destini is 6. They are birth-sisters.

Thank you. Disney will be wonderful. I have been afraid to go because of all the walking. I could handle it now but look forward to loosing much more and having it be that much easier.
Your girls are beautiful!

Disney...so much fun, my son had dreamed about it for a couple of years and we finally made it last year. You'll be able to walk...and you'll feel comfortable while sitting in the rides - double NSV ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
I just did a little experiment in my kitchen and one cup of spinach blended measures out to about 3 tablespoons or so. So for those like me who are struggling with veggie intake. Just add to chocolate shake and there is one cup down.

Oh my goodness i just tasted a shake a few ice cubes 3 tablespoons of spinich and a cap ful of sugar free french vanilla suryp and it tastes so good. Like a chocolate almond milkshake.... Drool
Love that shake too ;-)

Quote:
Your best bet to be safe would be to talk to your oncologist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey guys I'm just checking in. Today was absolutely nuts, started setting up my garage sale on my own at 7:00AM, and then finally had help show up around 8, and had people coming over to start shopping before we opened (which was at 09:00) I was on my feet all day until 6:00 when we closed, packed up, found out we made about $400 today ($200 of it was mine, the other $200 between three other people). My legs are aching, my feet and back feel like someone took a baseball bat to them, and I didn't even flinch when my steak at dinner was cooked in butter. I'm sincerely hoping i can still lose weight for tomorrow, but will have to wait and see. I think I'm gonna go to bed early...doing the sale again tomorrow, ugh!
Good luck for today's sale. We're packing the house for our moving day and there are so many things I could sale...Will see if I have enough for a garage sale.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I don't know what it is, but I'm the same way.

For instance, today I had soup with my lunch. I made a MASSIVE salad (TWO heads of romaine!) and 1C veggies on it. Plus my Soup with 1C veggies on it and I was STILL hungry after downing 64oz of water. So I had a bar and that helped. I was trying NOT to have bars, but for whatever reason its the only thing that really makes me feel full. BOO!
Its good to hear that I'm not the only one! Some days I'm fine, others I'm starving. My DH has his own homemade diet and has lost 30 pounds. He may eat one hardboiled egg and some pistachios for an entire meal. I've got this huge salad, IP packet and water....and I'm still hungry. It cracks me up.

But I must say, thankfully it is not every day and it is not every hour of the day. I try to get through without cheating and drink lots of hot water w/ lemon. I do wonder though why I am hungrier than others and what wil happen when I'm on maintenance and the "dragon is released"
Closed Thread