Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #31  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Now for TMI, still constipated every week and when I take the Novi Lax it kills my stomach so only taking 2 a week. Doing great losing but wondering if I could be losing more if I find something more natural to help things move daily. Any opinions or advice would be great. My coach is checking with the doctor they are connected with and hopefully he will have a few suggestions.
Check out senna for your constipation. It comes in pills or tea. It is a veggie based and all natural. Hope you find what works for you.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #32  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

sunshinered It may be dreary in Seattle, but we have a bright shiny day here in Ellensburg! Good job on the buffet - I have avoided them like the plague because of "portion control concerns."

Happy Saturday! Today I will take my 12 yo to her riding lesson then go to the farmer's market with my Mom (HELLOOO Rhubarb!). After that, I really need to weed out my clothing and start advertising/donating.

Have a great OP day!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

It has been raining and freezing cold in northern michigan for days-- really depressing, and I notice the boredom cravings sneaking in.
USMCVet-- glad you posted a pic-- I imagined you as much older-haha. Your son is adorable-- I see why he is your inspiration.
Chloe--- Hurry back, I miss your perspectives
Cadu and Molly-- I LOVE your matter-of-fact attitudes about staying 100%. I have self- doubts all the time. Congrats on your successes.
Dana-- almost 100-- what a wonderful journey you've been on. I admire your motivation.
sunshined-- I, too, am amazed when I am able to look at food in front of me and pass it up without a thought. I never could do that before. My hard times hit when I am at home alone.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Choloe Welcome home! You've been missed. I’m confident that you’ll be able to get back on the IP horse again. This was all planned and in your control – and you are such a great IP advice giver. So glad the trip was great!

Julie: EVOO extra virgin olive oil. You may want to check out coconut oil though – I switched to that early in P1 and I love it! There are many benefits. Someone posted about it here and I read up. The flavor is superb with veggies or stir fry! http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-...conut-oil.html
I find my hungriest time of day is around 3:00, so that’s when I have my restricted – usually a bar with 16 to 20 oz of water. Maybe I “will” myself to feel satisfied after it, but I’m easily held over until dinner at 6:00ish.

As for me: I’m heading out shopping today… and I’ll need lots of luck! I’ve been to the local Kohl’s, Target and JC Penney and had NO luck. I need new clothes for work – everything is falling off! It’s a great way to spend a rainy day, right?
Hi Dakin,
Thanks, I missed you guys too. This forum is so critical to staying on track and upbeat...

Congrats on being only 7 pounds from goal! You go girl!!

I use coconut oil too.

Last edited by Chloe222; 06-02-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #35  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
A cute photo of Jack and Daddy! A friend took it at a BBQ party last weekend. Jack is my best cheerleader. You all come in second.

Look at that double dose of cuteness

Way to go Vet! I know you'll reach your goal for July 4th.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Vet,
Great weight loss and fabulous photo! I share your success with my DH. He's impressed too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Congratulations Molly! Have a blast on the car chase ! Hope the weather is good...

We missed you, Chloe!
Hi Margaret,
I love your photos and posts. I have so much to catch up on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody!
Will be leaving soon for my Niece's Bachelorette party in Atlantic City. I will remain 100%. no worries. I am excited to gamble, dance, laugh and kick up my heels.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Cadu,
Have fun in AC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North Girl View Post
It has been raining and freezing cold in northern michigan for days-- really depressing, and I notice the boredom cravings sneaking in.
Chloe--- Hurry back, I miss your perspectives
Hi Up North,
I'm travelling all day tomorrow but hope to be back on line with you fine folks to check in a little on Monday and then home F/T on Tuesday.

When boredom cravings strike, think about going bathing suit shopping. I mean, really go out and try on some bathing suits. aNo need to buy but, at least for me, looking at myself in those 3 way mirrors, in bright light, always renews my resolve to stay totally strong. Also, keeps me out of the house and away from temptation. Have a great day!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #37  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Hey GemIam,

Sounds typical. I often go to Easton on the weekends for just that reason. Thanks for rubbing it in. Ha!

Have fun at the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
sunshinered It may be dreary in Seattle, but we have a bright shiny day here in Ellensburg! Good job on the buffet - I have avoided them like the plague because of "portion control concerns."

Happy Saturday! Today I will take my 12 yo to her riding lesson then go to the farmer's market with my Mom (HELLOOO Rhubarb!). After that, I really need to weed out my clothing and start advertising/donating.

Have a great OP day!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Now for TMI, still constipated every week and when I take the Novi Lax it kills my stomach so only taking 2 a week. Doing great losing but wondering if I could be losing more if I find something more natural to help things move daily. Any opinions or advice would be great. My coach is checking with the doctor they are connected with and hopefully he will have a few suggestions.

I am also going to start working out 3 days a week to start losing the inches. I hope that the scale will continue to move but if my clothes start to feel better and I am losing the fat but gaining muscle I will be okay. I just love to read the loss on the scale. Although it is great to get all the info on water, fat and muscle percentages so as long as those are moving in the right direction i will be happy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP weekend![/QUOTE]

I had the same issue at first and then someone on this site suggested "Dieters Tea", I have a tea everynight before bed and no more issues. Hope it works for you
Old 06-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Good Afternoon, Peeps!
I was down 2.5 at today's weigh-in. After NOT losing last week, I will take it!!!
My coach recommended putting my oil in a spray bottle. I am going to pick one up today! (I use Pam a lot, and he said that the spray bottle will make the oil more convenient to use.) Also, does anyone regularly use coconut oil? I saw it mentioned and read the attatchment...sounds good!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #40  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I understand they say no dairy but...

What if you use lactose free since lactose is considered a sugar...??
Old 06-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #41  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Good Afternoon, Peeps!
I was down 2.5 at today's weigh-in. After NOT losing last week, I will take it!!!
My coach recommended putting my oil in a spray bottle. I am going to pick one up today! (I use Pam a lot, and he said that the spray bottle will make the oil more convenient to use.) Also, does anyone regularly use coconut oil? I saw it mentioned and read the attatchment...sounds good!
Way to go, NewPath. You and I were both zero last week and I said we could make it together and we did. I lost 2.6 at my WI today.

I'm also interested in trying the cocomut oil. I saw where Chloe just mentioned she used it.

BTW, so good to hear from you Chloe. I'm sure the trip was fabulous and worth the few pounds. At least, you're ready to come back OP and didn't get strayed off.

Check with everyone later. We're just s ways past half way. Had a pretty good Subway salad. They vary from location to location. You have to keep on them to get lots of veggies.

Molly
Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #42  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Good afternoon!

Amazing success stories like the ones I've read today on this thread motivate me to keep it up! Most people around me try to discourage me, saying I look great as I am, but I want to look great for ME and not feel depressed every time I go shopping for clothes. And strange as it may seem, I've tried losing weight in the past but every time I got below a certain weight, I would get scared and stop, as if my chubby chick status was somehow my comfy zone This time it's not happening!

On that note, getting dressed this morning was quite a challenge, I have no pants that fit me anymore! Gonna live on skirts and dresses until I reach my goal and then I'm sooo going to treat myself to some cute clothes shopping!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post
2. Have you guys found certain IP foods satisfy your hunger more than others? I've been really hungry lately & it is a struggle to get through the day. I'm drinking tons of water but still find i'm famished at certain points in the day. I ususally eat a big bowl of "free" lettuce with my homemade oil/vinegar OP dressing.

I don't know what it is, but I'm the same way.

For instance, today I had soup with my lunch. I made a MASSIVE salad (TWO heads of romaine!) and 1C veggies on it. Plus my Soup with 1C veggies on it and I was STILL hungry after downing 64oz of water. So I had a bar and that helped. I was trying NOT to have bars, but for whatever reason its the only thing that really makes me feel full. BOO!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #44  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Today I made muffins from the lemon pudding!
The recipe called for mixing the ingredients with a blender but I mixed them with a whisk so the egg whites would look like snow, and I ended up being able to make about 8 muffins! All from 1 IP packet so I had them all for lunch, yum. They were mostly air of course, but still it felt good to eat something that felt carb-y. Haha
Old 06-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I don't know what it is, but I'm the same way.

For instance, today I had soup with my lunch. I made a MASSIVE salad (TWO heads of romaine!) and 1C veggies on it. Plus my Soup with 1C veggies on it and I was STILL hungry after downing 64oz of water. So I had a bar and that helped. I was trying NOT to have bars, but for whatever reason its the only thing that really makes me feel full. BOO!
I love them bars, too! Too much I think!!! They are good!
Closed Thread