Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Starting Today!

I started today!! Woohoo!! I still have to do my measurements, but had my first vanilla drink pack this morning. It was really good.

One question, can we chew gum??
Old 06-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #107  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I made it past 50 lbs lost in my weigh in yesterday!!! So excited I started to tear up! 6 more pounds and I'm down to one-derland!!! I LOVE this program!
A job well done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Hey everyone! Guess who's bacccckkkkkkk?!
Had my breakfast shake already, got my first set of vitamins in & now working on my water. SO far so good! I know if I can just get through the first week then I'll be good to go! I've done the first week before, so I know I can do it again.

Finally in the right place to start back been gone almost TWO months! holy crap.
Welcome back!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 185/185/155

Height: 5'9"

Default day 2 on IP

so I had 4 packets yesterday.... starving! I cant wait for that to end! I can already tell I'm loosng alot of water weight! I saw somewhere someone was adding spinach to their shake.. is there a special recipe?
thanks!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiRN97 View Post
so I had 4 packets yesterday.... starving! I cant wait for that to end! I can already tell I'm loosng alot of water weight! I saw somewhere someone was adding spinach to their shake.. is there a special recipe?
thanks!!!
This is LizRR's recipe:

Spinach Smoothie:
Vanilla or Chocolate Pudding/Drink Mix/RTD (IP, EAS, Pure Protein, Muscle Milk Light)
2 Handfuls Loose-Leaf Spinach
2 cups Coffee/water/herbal tea
2 cups Ice
1 tbsp WF Chocolate Dip/sweetener of choice
In my full-size Cuisinart blender I put in ~2 handfuls spinach to fill it to the top without packing it in. I add 2 cups chilled coffee (you can use water/herbal tea/etc - tasters choice) with 2 cups ice and sweetener of choice (WF Chocolate/Caramel/Splenda/Stevia/etc.). Blend for ~90-120 seconds to pulverize/liquefy spinach. I then add in my RTD and blend ~30 seconds more. My favorite flavor combos are IP or EAS Chocolate, Coffee, and WF Chocolate - I am a choco-holic. I pour it in a gigantic mug over ice and take it as my breakfast on the go, I savor it for hours!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 174.6/163.6/132

Height: 5'5"

Default cost of your product?

Hi all,
I pay $28/box for 7 packets. I just saw a place online to order them for $10/box. Does anyone order them online and what do you pay?
Thanks,
Teresa
Old 06-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #111  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I made it past 50 lbs lost in my weigh in yesterday!!! So excited I started to tear up! 6 more pounds and I'm down to one-derland!!! I LOVE this program!
Wow, awesome job!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Congratulations on reaching 50! Cadu and myself just made that this week too, we breezed through another milestone!

Sorry about the lemon, love the visual eating pudding though! Btw, I am putting something in the mail for you tomorrow! Been crazy lately, but I swear the shirts will get to you!
I made it to 50 pounds lost a week or two ago, posted it, don't remember any replies to it but it is big for me.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #113  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Went to our small town festival and made it through. Other years it was planning where to eat first, corn dogs, mini donuts, fresh cut fries....this year, ate at home and wasn't tempted a bit. It still amazes me food I'm not supposed to have, doesn't really bother me. Hope that continues! Once in a while I think, "oh, to have a taste", but the promise of getting thin and healthier overrides every time! Have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #114  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
I made it to 50 pounds lost a week or two ago, posted it, don't remember any replies to it but it is big for me.
So many of us in the 50 club. Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Went to our small town festival and made it through. Other years it was planning where to eat first, corn dogs, mini donuts, fresh cut fries....this year, ate at home and wasn't tempted a bit. It still amazes me food I'm not supposed to have, doesn't really bother me. Hope that continues! Once in a while I think, "oh, to have a taste", but the promise of getting thin and healthier overrides every time! Have a great rest of the weekend.
I am continuously amazed at how easy IP has been. Very few cravings or breakdowns. When I do want something, it is truly just a "head-want" and not a physical hunger so I've been able to work through it. Congrats at staying OP.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Alright ladies and gents-- I just bought rhubarb for the very first time. I'm unfamiliar with the veggie so if anyone has any recipes or prep advice, that'd be awesome!!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #116  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

I love the Livestrong.com site. Just looked at my BMI change so far and it's a 2.4% difference for the month of May. Woot!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauthier View Post
Hi all,
I pay $28/box for 7 packets. I just saw a place online to order them for $10/box. Does anyone order them online and what do you pay?
Thanks,
Teresa
Was this from ideal to go?? Or did you find Another online site?!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #118  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

The two sites I've seen are shopproteinfood.com (I think formerly known as buyproteinfood.com?) and ideal to go, shopprotein is about 27/box and ideal to go was 28/box that I could tell. So if you're finding it for $10/box, share the info
Old 06-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #119  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh a slow Sunday here in sunny Seattle. DH is going to church by himself this morning, i woke up uber fatigued but my water and morning shake helped some. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Karen 71-CALM (which is a magnesium supplement) and/ or extra fat can help 'move things along'...
Exercise can be a head game in losing weight because we become so dependent on our scale rewards that we don't really place as much value on pants fitting better or even measurements. Scale for whatever reason always seems to rank #1...

Chloe once you are back into the groove of phase 1 any indulgences from the vacation will disappear... good for you for hopping back on it so quickly!

Mompattie- We went camping quite a bit while I was in Phase 1... always had burger or steak...once tuna in a can with salad...

dsacher-Can you procrastinate starting Phase 3? How often do you have the 9:30 class? The point of the Phase 3 breakfast is to take advantage of the higher metabolic rate we have in the morning and therefore a better ability to process carbs. From everything I have read and been told you cannot exchange the Phase 3 breakfast for lunch. Don't blame you for not wanting to have a huge breakfast before working out though... It is only for a couple weeks that Phase 3 lasts for ... in Phase 4 you can do as you please really for separating your breakfast...
Ferrousgal- Congrats on the wedding ring fitting!! Definitely try increasing your fat intake a bit. Either with a bit more oil or fattier cuts of meat... this can really help grease up the innards (lovely visual I know ) and get things moving more frequently.
Julie68- Sometimes the more I eat the hungrier I am. Lettuce I have to be careful with... it will make me full for 5 minutes and I'll be really hungry in 20...
How frequent are your meals throughout the day? Every 3 hours, every 4? Smaller meals more frequently can work better for reducing hunger... and controlling blood sugar... which will limit cravings when you do hit maintenance. 2.5- 3 hours apart is optimal if possible. Eggs are incredibly filling (even though they're so small- it's so deceptive!). Hardboiled ones along with some veggies make a great snack in maintenance.
Drakegirl- Congrats on 50 lbs down!!! That's awesome!
Newmom- rhubarb was one of my faves on Phase 1. I would have it stewed (put a very very little bit of water- the rhubarb will release a lot of water as it cooks- in a sauce pan, put the heat on med low add the rhubarb and cook til mushy.) with cinnamon, nutmeg and stevia. Some top it with oatmeal packet for a rhubarb crisp... some mix strawberry WF into it... so glad it's rhubarb season again!
Closed Thread