Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #61  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

So I have 167 to loose until goal. That sounds much better than 250 did at the start. But I had a thought. I weighed 168 when this photo was taken and that's what I need to loose, an 18 year old Marine.

I am not sure what I weighed here at 17 the summer between Jr. and Sr. year in High School but it was probably around 220 or 230. Boy I thought I was a Pirate. I took a week long trip on General Patton's schooner the "When and If" he planned to sail it when and if he retired. He died before that could happen. I wish I could go back in time and have an hour to talk to that 17 year old kid, I am not sure he would have listened but I would like to try!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #62  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So I have 167 to loose until goal. That sounds much better than 250 did at the start. But I had a thought. I weighed 168 when this photo was taken and that's what I need to loose, an 18 year old Marine.

I am not sure what I weighed here at 17 the summer between Jr. and Sr. year in High School but it was probably around 220 or 230. Boy I thought I was a Pirate. I took a week long trip on General Patton's schooner the "When and If" he planned to sail it when and if he retired. He died before that could happen. I wish I could go back in time and have an hour to talk to that 17 year old kid, I am not sure he would have listened but I would like to try!
Wow - you were a real hunk

Don't we all wish we could go back and give ourselves a good talking to...but, who we were and what we did, makes us who we are today. (this is what I keep trying to convince myself of while finishing up these awful teenage years...I have three kids too, 21 - 20 & 18)
Old 06-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #63  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Thanks Tammy, I suppose I did look pretty cute! Not sure where I went sideways!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Newbie question.... I can have any of the mio's right? What about mrs. Dash? No off limit ones? Regular mustard is ok, too, right? Thanks!!!!
My coach told me no on the MIO - herbal warm tea is ok, nothing with carbonation. Other coaches have said MIO is ok. I'm not sure on the Mrs. Dash - I LOVE mustard but read the labels and get a 0/0/0. There are some that have sugar in them.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Once a hottie - always a hottie!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #66  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

I've been having Mio and carbonated flavoured water drinks but in moderation, one/two glasses every other day. I'd guess that what may bother some coaches about it is the acid used in those drinks, it can be dangerous if overused. The diet aims to keep a slightly alkaline balance. It definitely helps me stay OP by providing a little sweetness when needed, but I am careful with it. It has not affected my loss at all.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 166/135

Height: 5'8"

Just wondering if anyone has made the soup ahead of time with cold water then heated in the microwave later? Does it still stay a good consistency?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #68  

Default Camping and IP

All you wise wise folk!! I need some advice. We're getting geared up for summer camping. Breakfast and noon lunch is a no brainier for me, but do you have any ideas for some dinners? I'm thinking protein as per normal and veggies either sautéed or steamed. But what do you eat when the family is having a weiner roast or burgers? I guess I could pack along some individual portions of protein for those nights, but I am looking for some more ideas! Thanks!!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #69  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

I just did a little experiment in my kitchen and one cup of spinach blended measures out to about 3 tablespoons or so. So for those like me who are struggling with veggie intake. Just add to chocolate shake and there is one cup down.

Oh my goodness i just tasted a shake a few ice cubes 3 tablespoons of spinich and a cap ful of sugar free french vanilla suryp and it tastes so good. Like a chocolate almond milkshake.... Drool

Last edited by Tigerlvr52; 06-02-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with re-occurring cancer because of the estrogen released when on this extreme diet. I have my food and am starting IP for the first time on Monday but am a former breast cancer survivor and a little concerned. Thanks for any comments on this!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
All you wise wise folk!! I need some advice. We're getting geared up for summer camping. Breakfast and noon lunch is a no brainier for me, but do you have any ideas for some dinners? I'm thinking protein as per normal and veggies either sautéed or steamed. But what do you eat when the family is having a weiner roast or burgers? I guess I could pack along some individual portions of protein for those nights, but I am looking for some more ideas! Thanks!!!!
I can have hamburgers - just without the bun. I buy the leanest hamburger I can, and weigh my meat.

You could also take a steak or chicken breast. We do a lot of camping, and that is what I'm planning to do.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #72  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

so when i graduate to phase 2 ..what do i get to look forward too just curious and hoping something yummy ????
Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #73  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Once a hottie - always a hottie!
You are sweet, he is still in there just trying to get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with re-occurring cancer because of the estrogen released when on this extreme diet. I have my food and am starting IP for the first time on Monday but am a former breast cancer survivor and a little concerned. Thanks for any comments on this!
Good question. Does your oncologist and your coach know? How long ago was your last treatment? Good luck and glad you're still here with us. I HATE CANCER!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #74  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys I'm just checking in. Today was absolutely nuts, started setting up my garage sale on my own at 7:00AM, and then finally had help show up around 8, and had people coming over to start shopping before we opened (which was at 09:00) I was on my feet all day until 6:00 when we closed, packed up, found out we made about $400 today ($200 of it was mine, the other $200 between three other people). My legs are aching, my feet and back feel like someone took a baseball bat to them, and I didn't even flinch when my steak at dinner was cooked in butter. I'm sincerely hoping i can still lose weight for tomorrow, but will have to wait and see. I think I'm gonna go to bed early...doing the sale again tomorrow, ugh!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Default Usmcvet

Yes my coach knows. I will talk with oncologist this week. I haven't actually started yet. Monday is my start date. I am 8 yrs. cancer free.
Closed Thread