Old 06-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #1  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Supplements

Hi All!

I'm sure it is on here but I thought I would ask what other supplements you take? I have seen the fish oil, collagen, and a few others. If there is a link already, please point me in the right direction. Just would like to hear some more opinions.

Thanks!
kikig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #2  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

I know that the phase 1 protocol says to recommend using the Enzymes they have (for digestive stuff) , Omegas too.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

I take Omega 3 and collagen in addition to what they mandate. We're talking about adding in antioxidants, but not yet.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #4  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

OK so here's a question, how many supplements are too many? I mean, we're talking 7 pills daily starting off (4 cal-mag, 2 multivit, 1 pot-cal), is it dangerous to add Biotin (hair/nail preventing brittle and weak), Collegen (skin elasticity/body recovery), Omega 3/6 (healthy fats), Enzymes (digestive)...I'm afraid of feeling like a pharmacy.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #5  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
OK so here's a question, how many supplements are too many? I mean, we're talking 7 pills daily starting off (4 cal-mag, 2 multivit, 1 pot-cal), is it dangerous to add Biotin (hair/nail preventing brittle and weak), Collegen (skin elasticity/body recovery), Omega 3/6 (healthy fats), Enzymes (digestive)...I'm afraid of feeling like a pharmacy.
I was thinking the same thing....I worry about taking too many supplements. I might ask my coach at the next weigh in. I can ask a few of the docs I work with to see what they think. right now I am only taking the required cal-mag/multi/pot-cal. my coach gave me the omega 3 to try. i hate the fishy aftertaste.
kikig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/291(IP 1/3/12)/245/135

Height: 5'2"

Currently, I take 2 tbsp fish oil, cal-mag, potassium, vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, multivitamin, COq10, and probiotics. I'm an alternative IPer and order my supplements from Swanson's (http://www.swansonvitamins.com).

For those wanting to take fish oil, I highly recommend Carlson lemon flavored fish oil (http://www.swansonvitamins.com/CSN005/ItemDetail). It has a light, lemon taste to it - no fishy taste, smell, or after burps! I take a straight tbsp. with my morning supplements and put another tbsp on my lunch salad. If I had to give up all my supplements but one, this fish oil is the one I would not go without.

I definitely feel better, physically and mentally, when I take all my supplements and certainly notice the difference if I skip more than a day.
BBWMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #7  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I take the 3 IP vitamins plus biotin and Vitamin D.

What is the benefit of the enzymes?

What kind of Collegen do you take? I'm nit a fan of the drink that has the collegen in it, haven't tried the jelly yet, but thought it would be easier to take a pill. I use a skin firming lotion with Q10 to try to give my skin some elasticity.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikig3 View Post
I was thinking the same thing....I worry about taking too many supplements. I might ask my coach at the next weigh in. I can ask a few of the docs I work with to see what they think. right now I am only taking the required cal-mag/multi/pot-cal. my coach gave me the omega 3 to try. i hate the fishy aftertaste.
It's the fishy burps I detest. Blech. I have definately noticed a difference in my skin though, so I'll have to live with smelling like the inside of a tuna can! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I take the 3 IP vitamins plus biotin and Vitamin D.

What is the benefit of the enzymes?

What kind of Collegen do you take? I'm nit a fan of the drink that has the collegen in it, haven't tried the jelly yet, but thought it would be easier to take a pill. I use a skin firming lotion with Q10 to try to give my skin some elasticity.
I can't find collagen supplements to take! Will have to keep searching, but are they tablets or liquid?
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote