IP Weekend Chat Sat 5/26 - Sun 5/27

You're on Page 8 of 13
Go to
  • Thanks Wuv, Kaypix, Cadu, Auroragirl for the advice! Kaypix u had me cracking up as usual. I'm just going to have be a big girl and let them know in a nice way don't want to discuss it. Thx guys!
  • Vacation prep
    Quote: Really glad to hear that ;-) And it's inspiring as well as I am leaving in a month for 2 weeks in Costa Rica. You're an example that it can be done ;-)

Enjoy your trip ;-)
    Hi Aud,
    There is a very helpful vacation post which talks about phasing off and eating on vacation. Wuv and a few others bumped it up over the past month. I have to run in a few minutes but if I can find it later, will bump it so you and others can see it. I'm only partially through and will gain weight - but Phase 1 will take it off - and it may take a while - but it can be done and that's a huge comfort.

Have a great OP day!
    Chloe
  • Hi Chloe
    I hope you are having a wonderful time. We were missing you!
  • Quote: I have a question for you guys: How would you handle co-workers that ask each week how much weight you lost?
    I'd just smile, knowingly, and say 'if you'd like more info on this program, I'd love to tell you.'

Quote: Does anyone have a yummy recipe for a vegie stir fry using WF apricot jelly, and soya sauce??
    I make a stir-fry for dinner, using my 2 tsp of olive oil and 2 cups of vegees (usually green peppers, green onions, zuchini, mushrooms and whatever else I've got that has to be used up). I usually like to add fresh garlic and hot peppers and ginger if I have it. For a dressing, I take the apricot spread, a splash of apple cider vinegar, a splash of tamari or soy sauce. Sometimes I'll add some 5-spice powder and/or cinnamon to that, or to the stir-fry. I don't put the dressing on until I make the salad, as I find the WF stuff just sticks to the pan too much. But it makes a great sweet/savory flavor combo, and I usually top it with fresh parsley and cilantro, sometimes fresh basil. The orange spread is also good, same recipe. It sounds odd, but the caramel dip also makes a great dressing, on salad or fish - I got that out of the hard-cover IP recipe book. I still find it incredible that we can make great food that is not loaded with fats and calories...

Enjoy!

--

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

I woke up at 4:30 and it's already almost 6...since the sun is now up, I need to move my butt and get dressed and get a little painting done before it heats up too much...

May you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Margaret
  • Good Morning everybody

I hope everyone has a great day Sunday! It is raining right now, I am hoping for some sun today since my 3 1/2 year old grand Niece came to stay with me last night for the weekened and I promised her we could swim today. (it was the only way she would go to bed .. lol) I hope I will be able to keep my promise.

Have a great day everybody
  • Quote: Hi Aud,
    There is a very helpful vacation post which talks about phasing off and eating on vacation. Wuv and a few others bumped it up over the past month. I hvae to run in a few minutes but if I cna find it later, will bump it so you and others can see it. I'm only partially through and will gain weight - but Phase 1 will take it off - and it may take a wqhile - but it can be done and that's a huge comfort.

Have a great OP day!
    Chloe
    Thanks Chloe, I've found the post ;-)

Bon voyage ;-)
  • Quote: I have a question for you guys: How would you handle co-workers that ask each week how much weight you lost? Then when you tell them how much (for example 2lbs) they make comments such as that's all. I'm asking cause its starting to get on my nerves that they are keeping up with my business then voicing their opinions. I dont want to come off rude but want to politely tell them I'd rather not discuss it. As a side note; I never told them I was on IP but one of them saw my shaker on my desk and told others.
    I would tell them nicely that I "am only wieghing myself every 4 weeks so don't really Know right now but I feel good". I might further expound upon it by saying I do take measurements every 2 weeks. They'll soon stop asking.
  • I just had a NSV that has me laughing out loud and I had to log back in... I have been sorting through bins of clothes from over the years and sizes, and there is a pair of Levis that I made into cut-off shorts and painted flowers on the back pocket. The last time I wore them was in my 20's...just tried them on for the heck of it, and they fit!!! I'm not wearing them, as there's no way I'm gonna let these legs show, but holy moly, they fit!!!

Okay, now I really gotta get to work...
  • Quote: I just had a NSV that has me laughing out loud and I had to log back in... I have been sorting through bins of clothes from over the years and sizes, and there is a pair of Levis that I made into cut-off shorts and painted flowers on the back pocket. The last time I wore them was in my 20's...just tried them on for the heck of it, and they fit!!! I'm not wearing them, as there's no way I'm gonna let these legs show, but holy moly, they fit!!!

That is just so FABULOUS!!
  • Quote: Hi Chloe
    I hope you are having a wonderful time. We were missing you!
    Hi Cadu,
    Awww, thanks! I miss you guys too, more than my friends at home, but don't tell them!

I'll be able to be on just about every day now. Am in a location that has free and totally available internet!

Wishing all my American IPeeps a safe and happy Memorial Day!!
    Chloe
  • Quote: I just had a NSV that has me laughing out loud and I had to log back in... I have been sorting through bins of clothes from over the years and sizes, and there is a pair of Levis that I made into cut-off shorts and painted flowers on the back pocket. The last time I wore them was in my 20's...just tried them on for the heck of it, and they fit!!! I'm not wearing them, as there's no way I'm gonna let these legs show, but holy moly, they fit!!!

That's an awesome NSV...nice ;-) Just to know they fit must make you feel so good ;-)
  • Quote: Good morning all! A quick answer to Cadu from yesterday

My IP coach is an IP purist I guess. She said no because that was not strictly listed on the plan. She even said no oto pelligrino (I draw the line there though ) - seltzer water was ok I think. She also worked in pharamaceuticals for years and is familiar with the ingriedients in vitamins and other food products. She tends to advocate natural dressings (eg EVOO & Apple Cider Vinegar, lemons, etc)
    My IP coach lets me use the Propel Zero. Nice flavoring I hate warehouse stores but this I actually go to Sams to buy. Huge packet for not alot of $$. I mainly use water with lemon but every now and then it is a nice break.
  • Quote: Can someone tell me how to do the spinach shake real quick? I've been looking on the board, but can't find it. I know to put the spinach and chocolate shake in the blender, but what else? Thanks in advance!
    Hi

There may be a better recipe out there but I've been having a spinach shake just about every day (keep in mind that I'm only on day 12). I just put the chocolate powder in the blender, add a handful of raw spinach 2-3 icecubes and instead of the 200ml of water (per the official recipe) I add 300 ml.

I like your screen name btw, it is pretty indicative of how I feel as well.

Have a great Sunday.
  • Quote: That was the best sex we've had in years. I will take credit for at least half if the technique but the weight loss let us connect physically and emotionally in a way we haven't in years. It made us both feel wonderful. Hopefully I have not scarred you!
    awesome awesome post! I too have seen an improvement (so has my VIP) but I have an interesting tidbit to share...since you opened the door.

Dr Oz has noted that when a guy loses 35 lbs he gains an inch. Here to tell ya it works both ways!!! Glad you're having such success and I love that there are a few men on these forums that aren't afraid of posting!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning all! Need some help here.......(Wuv, Newmom, anyone?)

I am leaving for a 10 day cruise to Alaska on June 15th. What can I do now to prepare? I have heard of others "phasing" off IP to return to phase 1 upon their return. This is what I plan to do but how should I "phase off"? I saw on another post that someone did phase 2 for a week, then phase 3 for a week the two weeks before they left. Is that what I should do? I want to make sure that this does not affect my body in a negative way. When I went to my conference for a week, my body kind of went into shock. I just want to prepare myself as best as possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.