Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

I have not been on here lately becouse I have not been doing very well with the program. (my fault not the program) My goal weight it 150 I am at 166 and to be honest I am happy witht he way I look in my clothes.(I think that is why I am laxed right now) I know I want to lose more I just keep giving in. So I was driving down the road the other day and just said either give up or get back on the train it is your decision. (I am doing this on my own I can not afford going to a clinic.) So I have decided to start are phase 2 to get a little more varity and see how that works. I am in hope that I can still lose 1lb a week. If I do not lose anything for the next 2 weeks I am going to have to try to go back to phase 1.

This diet is worth it. It is not about doing it and stopping it is a life style change. I do look at food differently and I know I can do this I just need to get my head on and I think if I start phase 2 I will be able to get back on program.

I wish everyone success and peace about their journey. I have peace and I pray that I have made the right decision.

I truly only want to lose about 16 more lbs
Old 05-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #122  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

SEWMAM: So nice to see you. you are so tiny. you look like you never had a weight problem. You play the dulcimer? Thats what I asked my hubby for for my b-day this summer so I can learn to play. I love the sound of them.

Last edited by Cadu; 05-24-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Yep, I'm still around just popping in when I get the chance.

I'm having a somewhat downer day, not even sure why. IP has been so great to me so far but I've had two less than stellar weigh ins back to back and it's really been impacting my mental state. I'm attempting to do everything right by the book to see if that makes a difference at all and I'm 'mad' that I pretty much have to give up the one salad dressing - the one I make for myself - that I actually enjoy because it means I get too much oil in a day. But I'll do it, because that's what this is all about, and I just have to cross my fingers that I have a better result next Tuesday night. Otherwise I might lose my mind!!

Other than that, just regular frustrations. We're trying to figure out what to do for any kind of summer vacation/break and every time I think we're close, something changes and we have to start from scratch again. I'm getting pressure from work to book my time off but I have no clue what we're doing so that makes it hard.

I know I should be thankful that THESE are my worries and I am, but if only I could see a bit more movement on the scale maybe I'd be a bit more chipper.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Im confused.. i thought immitation crab wasnt allowed? Or is it now allowed?
My coach said no imitation crab - it's okay to have the real thing.

Also, my coach said no excercise that makes you winded. I do walk and go bike rides with girls, and garden, and that type. I have a friend that is on it, and is a runner. The same clinic told her she continue running, but should never become winded - if she was going to do that they would need to sit down and readust how she ate.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 191/175/135

Height: 5'1"

Darralyn - I must say you are the one of the most positive people out there!~ That is awesome and so sorry for your loss. And I love your Daschund! I have a 6 month old blue merle Shetland Sheepdpg named Denver and he is my pride and joy. I will have to try and post a pic of him.

You all are inspirations and with this board we will all be thinner for good!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 191/175/135

Height: 5'1"

Beckjyo - you can do it! It is an obstacle to overcome, but the after results are totally worth it! Baggy clothes are IN for we IP people! It means more shopping trips!! (darn) :P
Old 05-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I just got back from WI#8 and squeaked past my goal for the week. I've lost 75.2#

I started crying as I drove away from the clinic, happy tears, tears of disbelief. I'm pretty freaking happy. Thank you all for the help and support it has made a huge difference for me.

Have a great OP Day!
Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
oops but I did put it on the spreadsheet lol
WI#5. I lost 2 lbs (think its because for some reason the last 2 days Ive been having the big C) but a loss is a loss and I felt great. Im down a total of 22 lbs and 26.5 in.
Way to go!!!

Quote:
Actually I probably would have just cried like a baby. Any loss is good in my book. Even staying steady would have been ok, sucked but okay. I am just so afraid to have the scale go back up. I had a doctors appointment Monday and that scale had me at 404, I was crushed for several days. It was late in the day and I'd been eating a drinking so I am sure it was jut that but it still sucked to see over 400 again, I don't ever want to be there again. So today was pretty important for me. Next goal for me is 83.3 pounds which I want to get to in two weeks on WI #10 on June 7th. That will mark 1/3 of the way there. Then I want 100# and my third goal is 125 or half way to goal!
Keep going!! You're doing great

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
So I have to share this with y'all. I went out last night with a friend who started the program because of me. Haven't been out to this bar/club in like 3 years. There were a few people that STILL go there and sit in the SAME chairs I remembered them sitting in. A few of them were shocked to see me. Anyways, It was ladies night so ladies drink FREE. I went to the bar and asked for a bottle of water, the bartender looked at me kinda crazy and said ummmm ok here ya go. My friend, who is OP, asked for a vodka and pineapple juice, I looked at her with a pair of eyes and she said "what its FREE"....I said just because its FREE doesn't mean you have to have it. She said you are right but got the drink anyways....lol...I sat and people watched, drinking my water while she drank her drinks. Needless to say I am happy with my choices of 6 bottles of water to her 6 drinks.....lol..So next week when we weigh in I will lose my 1lb and we will see what she will lose.....lol
THis made me giggle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Just got back from my WI. 2.6 pounds removed forever!!! Woo Hoo. The light is getting brighter.
Awesome!!

I love this site and this diet - For everyone that had losses this week - way to go!

I wish I had know about this diet 6 months ago - I'd probably be ready for phase 2 by now!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #128  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Default Let Down

How does every one have such great Week 1 WI #s? I was so excited to go today after looking at everyone's signature numbers. My scale at home (1st thing in the am) says I am down exactly 5# from where I weighed in at the clinic last week and about 6# from itself.

I just weighed in and dropped 3.2#, 3.25" and 1.21% body fat. Yes, its still less than last week but for all I am giving up, I thought it would be more. I twice went out to eat and stayed OP both times, once just had water until I got home and the other had a grilled chicken and lettuce "taco salad"-you should have seen my waiter's eyes, he thought I was loco I told my coach I was a little disappointed and she said it was because I was already muscular. I think that's a bunch of hooey! If I'm so muscular, why is my BF% 35.75%? Its not like I'm close to my ideal weight, I am still in the "at risk" zone.

So, my goal for this week is to only have a restricted every other day and no more flavoring my water, stay away from the cough drops and gum. I'll just drink more water in place. Tell me again why I cannot work out? I used to be a runner. I've tried to read about the whole "starvation mode" and most of what I find says its a myth. Should I put my Body Bugg on for a week and see how many calories I am burning? Should I pick up running again? Would it be better to not do cardio and instead to weights (with the thought that lean muscle mass burns more fat)? Any other advice, suggestions? I'm so disappointed.

Shawna
Old 05-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #129  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Wow, congrats buddy, keep up the fantastic work!!!
Thanks Longhorn. Stay Safe in the Oil Fields and Drill Baby Drill.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #130  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Yep, I'm still around just popping in when I get the chance.

I'm having a somewhat downer day, not even sure why. IP has been so great to me so far but I've had two less than stellar weigh ins back to back and it's really been impacting my mental state. I'm attempting to do everything right by the book to see if that makes a difference at all and I'm 'mad' that I pretty much have to give up the one salad dressing - the one I make for myself - that I actually enjoy because it means I get too much oil in a day. But I'll do it, because that's what this is all about, and I just have to cross my fingers that I have a better result next Tuesday night. Otherwise I might lose my mind!!

Other than that, just regular frustrations. We're trying to figure out what to do for any kind of summer vacation/break and every time I think we're close, something changes and we have to start from scratch again. I'm getting pressure from work to book my time off but I have no clue what we're doing so that makes it hard.

I know I should be thankful that THESE are my worries and I am, but if only I could see a bit more movement on the scale maybe I'd be a bit more chipper.
I love your new photo, especially the great smile.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #131  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
How does every one have such great Week 1 WI #s? I was so excited to go today after looking at everyone's signature numbers. My scale at home (1st thing in the am) says I am down exactly 5# from where I weighed in at the clinic last week and about 6# from itself.

I just weighed in and dropped 3.2#, 3.25" and 1.21% body fat. Yes, its still less than last week but for all I am giving up, I thought it would be more. I twice went out to eat and stayed OP both times, once just had water until I got home and the other had a grilled chicken and lettuce "taco salad"-you should have seen my waiter's eyes, he thought I was loco I told my coach I was a little disappointed and she said it was because I was already muscular. I think that's a bunch of hooey! If I'm so muscular, why is my BF% 35.75%? Its not like I'm close to my ideal weight, I am still in the "at risk" zone.

So, my goal for this week is to only have a restricted every other day and no more flavoring my water, stay away from the cough drops and gum. I'll just drink more water in place. Tell me again why I cannot work out? I used to be a runner. I've tried to read about the whole "starvation mode" and most of what I find says its a myth. Should I put my Body Bugg on for a week and see how many calories I am burning? Should I pick up running again? Would it be better to not do cardio and instead to weights (with the thought that lean muscle mass burns more fat)? Any other advice, suggestions? I'm so disappointed.

Shawna
First off don't be disappointed, stop and think about the time you weighed (first thing this morning) until the time you weighed in (now). You have eaten breakfast, drank lots of water, probably eaten lunch. You have put stuff into your body unlike when you first woke up.

Second, if you were a runner before starting IP then most would say its ok but only if you were running right before starting. Momto never stopped exercising once she started the program because she was doing it before just added a packet(i think).

Third, I don't see a difference in the restricted daily and not. The program was designed to have the restricted, so why not use it. I have done the have no restricted for 2 weeks and my losses didn't change so I continue to have mine.

Fourth, it sounds like you are a little resentful for having to sacrifice giving up some of the foods you used to eat. Stop and think of why you are doing the program. Is it for you or someone else? Remember this is a lifestyle change, it takes time and will not happen over night. Also, remember you are only eating this way for now, you will be able to go back to having other foods when you get to further phases.

Give yourself time, don't get aggravated, don't think about what you CAN'T have but what you CAN have. Its not so bad.....Keep up the good work
Old 05-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

So I have been stuck at a plateau arggggg maybe I need an exlax lmao
Old 05-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #133  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone;
I have a NSV to share...it's been kind of cold and rainy here this week, so I thought it's time to buy some pants...so I went to Ricki's and bought 2 pairs of size 10 pants. I do not like to try things on in the store, so as soon as I got home I tried them on.....they hung on me like flour sacks. So the next day I went back to the store and grabbed 2 pairs of size 8, again went home and they didn't fit either. So today, I decided suck it up and try pants on before you leave the store so you don't have to go back again and I have to share this with you.....I bought my first pair of size 6, yes I said size 6 pants. I almost fainted in the dressing room, I stood there so long that the sales woman came to check to see if everything was Ok. I can't believe it, I do not ever remember being able to wear a size 6. This program is amazing!!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #134  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Welcome aboard! The headaches should go away soon. Mine lasted a week. Are you using your sea salt and drinking enough water?
Thanks!

Yes to the water. I drank over 100oz of water yesterday. The water is pretty easy for me to get in, thankfully! As for the salt, it's something I need to keep an eye on, but I think I'm okay with it.

I think it was from starting IP plus lack of sleep. It's gone for the most part now, thankfully.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Newbie Here

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site but not new to IP. I did it last year with fantastic success, then for some reason, I got the bright idea to stop in the middle of phase 1 and "lose those last 20 pounds on my own".

Huge mistake. There's a reason there are 4 phases. Instead of losing weight my pancreas completely freaked out because I didn't phase out correctly. Sad, but I know the program works and I'm going to keep my head on straight this time.

My goal is 66 pounds, and I know now that the program is designed the way it is for a reason. I'm so excited to be back on plan (day 2) and I'm looking forward to the support of this group to help me on this journey. The clinics in my area aren't great, and my coaches aren't super enthusiastic, but this online forum might be just what's needed to offset that.

So nice to meet you all!
Closed Thread