3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Thread Thursday 5/24/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259674-ip-daily-thread-thursday-5-24-12-a.html)

prettyone 05-24-2012 09:00 AM

Good Morning All,

The SUN IS FINALLY OUT YIPPEE. So that means today will be a good day.

On another note I had my WI yesterday with a different coach (mine was on vacation) needless to say I cant wait til she is back next wk. Its hard dealing with multiple people bceause they dont do things the same. I have been eating imitation crab meat since I started the plan on and off my coach never said anything but this lady had an issue with it. She was like you are not knocking it out but you are doing well. I kinda gave her a side ways look. Then she was had a issue with my goal said I need to lower it. I told her I will lower it as I see fit right now this is where it will be because Im not walking around looking like a sick person from losing too much. We are not all built the same. Needless to say I didnt get the warm and fuzzies from her. But I didnt let her steal my joy. Im doing well been losing and thats all that matters.

Have a good OP day and thanks for listening as always.

sanaroph 05-24-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4344808)
I only use the frozen rhubarb so it is allready cut up in chunks. I microwave it for about 5 mins, put it in a food processor so it comes out like applesauce then add WF strawberry syrup & WF carmel dip to it. It is very very tart so I have to sweaten it.

Ohh this sounds good! Thanks for sharing Cadu

btw where did you find the frozen rhubarb?

Darralyn 05-24-2012 09:10 AM

Good Morning Everyone! I have been reading all your posts and want to wish you all a wonderful OP day! It is so great waking up and hearing what people all ove the country and Canada are up to; I love this time in the morning to catch up with all of you.
Yesterday my step-father (raised me during my junior high and high school years) passed away from complications to diabetes. He was almost 90 so I am OK with him passing as he lived a long productive life. He was pretty vital up to the end. Having a leg amputated did him in and he could not recover from the surgery. Anyway I am feeling a bit blue and sorry I didn't get to see him since my sister's funeral last August. I know it is the cycle of life and I am so blessed to have three adorable healthy grandchildren, but it is still sad when someone passes.
My work dinner went fine last night. I just came home and had my OP meal and sat at the table drining water while everyone ate. It was fine; I am really getting used to this now, there have been so many times lately I have done this; but I have my eye on the prize and I want desperately to be healthy and slim. Coming here is the best inspiration and help keeping me on track! Thank you!
rissimo Thanks again for your inspirational poem and all your cheering and making us think! You are a gem! :hug:

hyrysk 05-24-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4345024)
I have a question...due to chronic pain I've had for the past year & a half, I have a lot of trouble exercising. Sometimes just walking or getting out of my recliner is too painful. Am hoping by losing weight, the pain will stop. So my question is, how big a role does 'exercise' play in IP? I try to stay as active as I can, but have had to give up hiking and in the winter, snowshoeing.

Thank you...

I have not exercised since I started. My coach told me no too.

Darralyn 05-24-2012 09:12 AM

PS today is WI, it has been 10 days since last time. Please send some Fairey dust or what ever it is you call the Woosh........I will check back later and give an update.
Hugs to all!:hug:

reneepw 05-24-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4345045)
Good Morning Everyone! I have been reading all your posts and want to wish you all a wonderful OP day! It is so great waking up and hearing what people all ove the country and Canada are up to; I love this time in the morning to catch up with all of you.
Yesterday my step-father (raised me during my junior high and high school years) passed away from complications to diabetes. He was almost 90 so I am OK with him passing as he lived a long productive life. He was pretty vital up to the end. Having a leg amputated did him in and he could not recover from the surgery. Anyway I am feeling a bit blue and sorry I didn't get to see him since my sister's funeral last August. I know it is the cycle of life and I am so blessed to have three adorable healthy grandchildren, but it is still sad when someone passes.
My work dinner went fine last night. I just came home and had my OP meal and sat at the table drining water while everyone ate. It was fine; I am really getting used to this now, there have been so many times lately I have done this; but I have my eye on the prize and I want desperately to be healthy and slim. Coming here is the best inspiration and help keeping me on track! Thank you!
rissimo Thanks again for your inspirational poem and all your cheering and making us think! You are a gem! :hug:

so sorry to hear about your stepfather. Even when 'expected', it's hard to lose someone you love.

reneepw 05-24-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrysk (Post 4345048)
I have not exercised since I started. My coach told me no too.

my coach told me walking was OK; but that I should keep my cardio level down. She said i could get away with 1 intense session a week - she knew i needed it mentally more than anything.
There are some good threads here - look for one I think titled "Exercise" and it has some of the science explained. I tried to do some research on my own and just confused myself! So i'm going to stick to walking, maybe pilates, and do my cardio class once a week. I'll let you know how WI goes next week..

sanaroph 05-24-2012 09:24 AM

Renee- I know it was just yesterday. When you are in the day to day we sometimes miss how much they change and then it hits me wow! My youngest is moving to middle school next year and it does feel like yesterday when she was home watching her big brother and crying that she wanted to go to school too!

Usmcvet- You crack me up! I am sure you will have many chihuahuas today LOL

Nilouve- My coach suggested Novicleanse a few weeks ago and I just started on Wed. I am glad to see things started moving. I am happy to see you are 2.2 lbs from goal!! Dont know much about the other phases and how they work but from what others say here it does sound different. Ahm the vibration machine? - sounds like a gimmick. Strength training especially the core will help better than gadgets for target areas.

Dakin - Dine like a king in the morning, a queen at lunch and a pauper at dinner? Is that what phase 3 is about? Congrats on your loss on P2 :carrot:

Rissimo- Thank you for sharing the poem :hug:

KBig - Love Zumba!!

Shathom- Sending the whoosh fairy your way!

Prettyone- Stand strong and keep smiling

sanaroph 05-24-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4345050)
PS today is WI, it has been 10 days since last time. Please send some Fairey dust or what ever it is you call the Woosh........I will check back later and give an update.

Darralyn - Condolences to you and your family for the loss of your stepfather. :hug:

And yes sending the whoosh fairy your way

prettyone 05-24-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4344910)
So my bathroom scale tells ne I'm 388# in my birthday suit! So if necessary clotheswill be flying if my IP coaches scale disagreeable by more than 5#!

:goodluck: and thanks for the laugh I needed that. But please keep your clothes on. HAHA:rofl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4345045)

Sorry to hear about your loss, prayers go out to you and your family.:hug:

prettyone 05-24-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanaroph (Post 4345061)
Prettyone- Stand strong and keep smiling

Thanks Sanaroph Smiling I will do because I've come along way and dont need anyone trying to steal my joy.

sanaroph 05-24-2012 09:40 AM

Greetings from the green garden state! :D
We have a rainy morning here with hopes to clear up later on in the day. The bamboo in our backyard is sprouting. We have a deep rhizome barrier that keeps it in check. It is amazing how this plant can grow inches a day!

What is growing in our garden:
Lettuce - we are nearing the end
Swiss chard, bok choy, broccoli (we can eat some this weekend), green peppers, scotch bonnet peppers (in a pot), tomatoes, bean plants, sweet potatoes. Callaloo has not started to come up yet (it usually starts in June). The grapevine, fig and apple tree are also starting. While I cannot eat everything growing in the garden it is nice to know we can eat our own produce in the summer!

This has been a challenging week, healthwise for our family (people & fur). I had an unplanned root canal and my dog started acting listless which meant an emergency vet visit. He is terribly afraid of rain (our other dog taught him that) and I think it stressed him out. Clancy (the dog) has Addison's disease and when they are stressed, they make cortisol but because the adrenal glands do not function it cannot be processed soooo I think it made him listless. Fortunately he takes prednisone (sp) and just have to up his pills when he is stressed. Lesson learned this week.

Today I am doing inventory at the HS library and then the afternoon child runs so I better get my water in early while I can! :D

Have a great OP day everyone! :wave:

CkM 05-24-2012 09:46 AM

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone's week is going well and ready for the long weekend :) I know I am. Now its just sticking to plan when all of the good food is around! I can and will stay OP! Have a great day everyone!

DanafromAustin 05-24-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneepw (Post 4344826)
Good morning everyone. Today is my son's last exam; last day of high school. how did this happen? Didn't I just watch him get on the bus for the very first time?? ;)

A big congratulations to your son and you. :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilouve (Post 4344894)
Anyway, I wanted to share my coach's latest advice as I am a bit frustrated and starting to feel like it's all a sales pitch (or "push"). Three weeks ago I started the Novi-Cure and have not felt as well physically while doing it but, I followed her advice and the results on the scale have been great. Two weeks ago I started three weeks of what she calls the "cellulite program"-no restricted whatsoever (that's been hard) and no occasional vegetable (getting pretty boring).

After yesterday's WI I am now 2.2 pounds from goal! I am thrilled beyond belief! However, my coach has said all along that I should stay on Phase 1 until I reach goal because, on Phase 2 you only lose "half as much" and you will gain back 3-5 when you move onto Phase 3 and 4 and restore your Glucogen. Now that I am saying even if I don't lose the full 2.2 lbs at next week's WI I want to start Phase 2, she is trying to encourage me to stay on Phase 1 until I am 3-5 pounds under goal!

Reading this forum I know people do still lose in Phase 2 and I have bought 100% IP products from her all along, supplements, WF products, IP food! I'm feeling a bit disapointed with her attitude. I did rebel a bit yesterday and bought some restricted which I plan to have every other day, this week. In the ten weeks I have been on the plan, so far, I have only been "allowed" four weeks of using restricted. Gonna love me some rasberry bars this week. lol..

It's YOUR program, and you are so close to goal. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4344910)
So my bathroom scale tells ne I'm 388# in my birthday suit! So if necessary clotheswill be flying if my IP coaches scale disagreeable by more than 5#!

That's some visual!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrysk (Post 4345000)
Hot and sunny here in Texas.

DW and I went to a restaurant last night that we haven’t been to in 6 months. After we were seated DW had a big smile come on her face. She shook her head at me and grinned. As usual I had to ask” What did I do now?” (I’m usually in trouble at this point”). She waited to tell me until we got in the truck. She asked if I realized that 6 months ago I had to ask if we could have a table because I couldn’t fit in the very booth we were sitting in because my belly was too big. My only answer was NEVER AGAIN. It’s the little things that come along with the weight loss that make this diet a life changer.

Everyone have a great OP day

Congratulations!! I remember those days of too tight booths. I LOVE sitting in them now and looking at the distance between me and the table. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4345024)
I have a question...due to chronic pain I've had for the past year & a half, I have a lot of trouble exercising. Sometimes just walking or getting out of my recliner is too painful. Am hoping by losing weight, the pain will stop. So my question is, how big a role does 'exercise' play in IP? I try to stay as active as I can, but have had to give up hiking and in the winter, snowshoeing.

Thank you...

I'm sure loosing the weight will help a lot. I started working out about my 2nd or 3rd month and I do very little cardio and mostly strength training.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4345050)

Good luck at the WI and I'm sorry to hear about your stepfather, but glad to hear he lived a nice long life.

DanafromAustin 05-24-2012 09:56 AM

Happy Thursday everyone!! Another hot day here in Texas, but loving the warm nights so that's always a worthwhile trade off for me.

Yesterday was my daughter's 24th birthday and she really wanted to go out to a Mexican restaurant here in town that is one of our favorites to celebrate. I told her not to worry that I would find something to eat, even though Mexican food is one of my favorite foods, and I haven't stepped into a Mexican restaurant in 7 months for that very reason. I did have a grilled steak and a green salad, but boy was it hard seeing my entire family enjoying all of their food. I generally don't have a hard time watching others eat some really delicious looking food, but last night was defienetly a challenge for me. However I got on the scale this morning and my reward was I lost a pound overnight. Thank you whoosh fairy!

Have a great 100% OP day everyone.