3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Thread Thursday 5/24/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259674-ip-daily-thread-thursday-5-24-12-a.html)

usmcvet 05-24-2012 07:40 AM

So my bathroom scale tells ne I'm 388# in my birthday suit! So if necessary clotheswill be flying if my IP coaches scale disagreeable by more than 5#!

Cadu 05-24-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4344910)
So my bathroom scale tells ne I'm 388# in my birthday suit! So if necessary clotheswill be flying if my IP coaches scale disagreeable by more than 5#!

OMG Vet tooo funny. Keep those skivies on! :rofl:

dizzyjean 05-24-2012 07:46 AM

Morning all!
It's a beautiful day at the beach. The family is eating fresh bagels, but I am wearing smaller shorts that I have not worn in 3 years!!
Happy OP day y'all!
I will post pictures and ticker as soon as I figure it out. Haha

KBig 05-24-2012 07:53 AM

Mornin' IPeeps.... My Zumba Class was stellar last nite (Im an instructor)...
My work out clothes are not fitting me anymore.... my stomach is flattening out and my hips are shrinking...

wishing everyone an IP OP day .... keep it won'hunnid!!!

shathom 05-24-2012 08:08 AM

Good morning all! Today is WI #6 for me and I am feeling hopeful. The scale for me at home is stuck :goodscale

Let's all have an OP day!!

Smooches

dizzyjean 05-24-2012 08:29 AM

Cupcakecathy:I have never had rhubarb and have been seeing that lots of people have this on program. How do I prepare, do you use the whole stalk, etc. What does it taste like, should I add a sweetener or not. Any help is appreciated, thanks

I buy rhubarb spears fresh at the store. I cut it into chunks, add about 1/2 cup of water and cook for 5-10 minutes. When cool, I add a couple of Splenda packs and divide it into 1/2 cup servings. When others are eating dessert, I have this treat for part of my veg. Servings.

reneepw 05-24-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyjean (Post 4344924)
Morning all!
It's a beautiful day at the beach. The family is eating fresh bagels, but I am wearing smaller shorts that I have not worn in 3 years!!
Happy OP day y'all!
I will post pictures and ticker as soon as I figure it out. Haha

"family eating bagels but I'm wearing smaller shorts" - I LOVE THAT!! made me smile this morning!
way to go! :)

greeniris 05-24-2012 08:42 AM

Good morning! It's going to be a beautiful day here in northern MI (hot though), and I have a 5-day weekend to begin my IP journey. My app't/first WI is this afternoon. Will see how far off my scales are then.

*usmcvet - you made me lol, picturing your clothes flying at your WI!

I plan to spend part of the day planting my veggie garden; am hoping the overnight frosts are over for the season! Oh, for those unfamiliar with rhubarb - do NOT eat the leaves (or allow your pets to chew on them). They are poisonous. The stalks can just be washed and chopped up and cooked or eaten raw. Most people like it sweetened a bit as it is very sour, or with salt. And it does freeze well. I'm going to try it in one of the 'bread' recipes when I get to the experimenting stage.

Time to get on with my day...I hear the laundry calling...Have a good OP day all!

hyrysk 05-24-2012 08:50 AM

Hot and sunny here in Texas.

DW and I went to a restaurant last night that we haven’t been to in 6 months. After we were seated DW had a big smile come on her face. She shook her head at me and grinned. As usual I had to ask” What did I do now?” (I’m usually in trouble at this point”). She waited to tell me until we got in the truck. She asked if I realized that 6 months ago I had to ask if we could have a table because I couldn’t fit in the very booth we were sitting in because my belly was too big. My only answer was NEVER AGAIN. It’s the little things that come along with the weight loss that make this diet a life changer.

Everyone have a great OP day

reneepw 05-24-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4344898)
It was only yesterday! My son is 9 and I have his cute little face burned in my mind. Be grabbed the railing on the bus and pulled himself up that first step. He had an enormous smile on his face. He loved riding the bus. He used to fall asleep on the bus on the way home.

aw - that's so cute! Isn't it funny how as Moms we carry around this photo album in our minds filled with snapshots. I remember first day of kindergarden, and first day of high school. I remember him turning around smiling at a friend as he got on the bus. Life is filled with journeys...kinda like the IP one we are all on!
and usmcvet - your posts crack me up. I love this forum!

sandralosingweight 05-24-2012 08:53 AM

Hello everyone,

Finally, I lost some pounds for a change, 2 pounds this week!:)

I only started being 100% OP just a couple of days ago, so I am very happy with my loss.

Hope everyone is doing well.

mompattie 05-24-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakecathy (Post 4344797)
I have never had rhubarb and have been seeing that lots of people have this on program. How do I prepare, do you use the whole stalk, etc. What does it taste like, should I add a sweetener or not. Any help is appreciated, thanks

As a kid we used to eat it straight out of the garden! So tart but we loved it! The leaves are poisonous, but wash and cut up the stalk. You can cook it down a bit, I like mine chunky, add some nutmeg and/or cinnamon, add some Splenda and I enjoy mine with an oatmeal packet on top (mixed with a drizzle of evoo to get that crumbly texture) and bake in the oven for a bit! YUM!!

mtnsun4 05-24-2012 08:56 AM

Nilouve- Thank you for sharing your experiences! :)
So happy to say that my body is FINALLY on the weight loss groove again and I had a 2 lb loss this week, after no loss for last week. I am hoping to be out of the 20's tomorrow. :) I got to add another :yay: in my signature!

Have a great day all!

mompattie 05-24-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rissimo (Post 4344901)
reneepw: Thank you for the compliment yesterday.

sat2nite: If you are weiging in at home, the best time to weigh is first thing in the morning in your birthday suit after you pee. This is your tru weight.

Good Morning IPeeps:

It looks like is it is going to be a beautiful day here in East Tennessee. I can't wait! I'm already tired of the rainy dreary days that we have been having.

I got up this morning at 4:30 and started my work out on the Wii Fit and when it did my stats it showed that I have a 3.3 pound loss since I started working out on it Monday evening, woohoo!! But this is not my offical weigh in so I am not going to do back flips over it or anything, but again woohoo!!

CONGRATULATIONS on ALL the losses so far. Everyone is rocking this plan. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this plan? If I haven't......I LOVE THIS PLAN.....I really wish I had found it long ago. But, if I had would I have stuck with it? I don't think my mind was in the right place when I tried losing before, even tho I was over it and wanted to lose, I wasn't like I am now. I am determined to not let anything or anyone stand in my way of getting to mu goal and I will run you over if you try to sabotage me.

I came across this the other night and thought I would share:

You Can Be Whatever You Want To Be!

There inside you
All of the potential
To be whatever you want to be;
All of the energy
To do whatever you want to do.
Imagine yourself as you would like to be,
Doing what you want to do,
And each day, take one step
Towards your dream.
And though at times it may seemd too
difficult to continue,
Hold on to your dream.
One morning you will awake to find
That you are the person you dreamed of,
Doing what you wanted to do,
Simply because you had the courage
To believe in your potential
And hold onto your dream.

I never had the courage to believe in my potential and I think that is why I never succeeded in continueing my weight loss before.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Thanks for sharing this!!! I have tears in my eyes cause its SOOO SOOO TRUE!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!! We can do it

greeniris 05-24-2012 08:59 AM

I have a question...due to chronic pain I've had for the past year & a half, I have a lot of trouble exercising. Sometimes just walking or getting out of my recliner is too painful. Am hoping by losing weight, the pain will stop. So my question is, how big a role does 'exercise' play in IP? I try to stay as active as I can, but have had to give up hiking and in the winter, snowshoeing.

Thank you...