3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Thread Thursday 5/24/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259674-ip-daily-thread-thursday-5-24-12-a.html)

usmcvet 05-24-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada (Post 4345726)
Hello everyone;
I have a NSV to share...it's been kind of cold and rainy here this week, so I thought it's time to buy some pants...so I went to Ricki's and bought 2 pairs of size 10 pants. I do not like to try things on in the store, so as soon as I got home I tried them on.....they hung on me like flour sacks. So the next day I went back to the store and grabbed 2 pairs of size 8, again went home and they didn't fit either. So today, I decided suck it up and try pants on before you leave the store so you don't have to go back again and I have to share this with you.....I bought my first pair of size 6, yes I said size 6 pants. I almost fainted in the dressing room, I stood there so long that the sales woman came to check to see if everything was Ok. I can't believe it, I do not ever remember being able to wear a size 6. This program is amazing!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

That's wonderful.:bravo::dancer:

auroragrl 05-24-2012 09:19 PM

Darralyn - I'm so sorry for the loss of your step-father. It's never easy to lose someone we love. I'll be thinking of you.

Ok still craving - but am drinking herbal tea - and it's helping - I just keep reading posts to help motivate me.

Thank you everyone! Everyone has been so kind to me. i really do appreciate it.

usmcvet 05-24-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandasweet (Post 4345828)
So my whole life I've secretly held my 125 goal weight like an unattainable wish that I couldn't even share with anyone because I figured it would just sound absurd. It's completely within my healthy weight range, right smack dab in the middle, but it's always seemed so insane. Such a small number!

I went to my first IP meeting and weigh in yesterday and when my coach asked what my goal weight was it just popped out of my mouth. I had to stop myself from backing up and saying 135, but she didn't even bat an eyelash.

For the first time, IP has given me a flicker of real hope that I can actually attain this goal, and it's giving me the jitters. I'm excited, but nervous.

I think if (no when) I reach that goal I'll just sit down in a chair and cry. Losing weight, reaching our goals, it's not something I really thought was ever possible until IP and I'm overwhelmed that we found something so successful, that can finally make all those secret fantasies turn into realities.

I've done some if that crying too. Did some today. It is such a relief.

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 4345746)
Thanks! :D

Yes to the water. I drank over 100oz of water yesterday. The water is pretty easy for me to get in, thankfully! As for the salt, it's something I need to keep an eye on, but I think I'm okay with it.

I think it was from starting IP plus lack of sleep. It's gone for the most part now, thankfully.

Sounds good. It was probably just your body adjusting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneepw (Post 4345844)
my 7th grader fights me for the kale chips too! Now he's asking me what else we can make 'like that'..he likes the spinach and i'll make carrot for him (not me!). It's great to set a good example!

It is life changing, your good example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4345858)
Just got a call kinda excited and nervous all at the same time. I am going see a plastic surgeon on either Monday or Thursday at 1pm to determine how much extra skin I have. Kinda scared actually, why I don't know but I am....lol

Glad to hear you're going to at least explore your options. Lot of the fear is probably of the unknown. Your surgeon should be able to help with that. Good luck. I'm proud if you for being brave and making the appointment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPath (Post 4345899)
usmcvet

WOW!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat2500 (Post 4345978)
Wooo Whoo your posts keep me going. Congrats I am sooo happy to read about your progress. Keep up the good work.

You're sweet! Thanks.

Beanie Mommy 05-24-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4345986)
OMG Geanie Mommy! You are so pretty!! Love the photo!

Thank you :) It's taken me a while to get comfortable enough to take pictures of myself and not cringe...

SewingMomma 05-24-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy (Post 4345941)
Hi all - checking in again with some good news. WI #21 showed that 4.8 pounds left the building never to be seen again! Yay!

As a reward I got myself a size 12 (!) pair of capris. Holy crap - they are not even tight... I just got into the 14s a few weeks ago, and now I'm shopping for 12 :)

Congrats on everyone's WI's and NSVs. You guys keep me so motivated!

Wonderful!!!!!!

redmomof4 05-24-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Just got a call kinda excited and nervous all at the same time. I am going see a plastic surgeon on either Monday or Thursday at 1pm to determine how much extra skin I have. Kinda scared actually, why I don't know but I am....lol

Good luck at your appointment, that is very exciting.
Shawna

mooselover 05-24-2012 11:44 PM

I just want to let everyone know I am going Halibut fishing with my family and a few friends this weekend in Valdez, AK. We are leaving early tomorrow morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend. I will check in with you on Tuesday morning.

wuv2bloved 05-25-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4345884)
Please keep us up on what the doc has to say! Will this determine when you phase off of P1? This would be sort of scarey but hey only you can decide if you want to do it. I am with you whatever you decide!! :hug: It is surgery and so there would be risks; you have every right to be concerned! We would not want to lose you; you are very precious!! :hug:

I am still undecided, I still want to see 200lbs on the scale BUT we will see. I think I am still big, not big like I was before though. My top have is small but my bottom is big. I am a true pear shape right now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPath (Post 4345921)
Wuv, it sounds very exciting!!! Is extra skin covered under insurance???? You have done sooooo well, you deserve to have it taken care of!

My company just switched insurance so I am not sure yet. But I think that it will be because of my hip, having the extra skin pulls down on my hip and lower back which both have little to no cartlidge at all left. So time will tell.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy (Post 4345941)
Hi all - checking in again with some good news. WI #21 showed that 4.8 pounds left the building never to be seen again! Yay!

As a reward I got myself a size 12 (!) pair of capris. Holy crap - they are not even tight... I just got into the 14s a few weeks ago, and now I'm shopping for 12 :)

Congrats on everyone's WI's and NSVs. You guys keep me so motivated!

I had to look twice at the avatar, wasn't sure who you were until I saw the name....lol....you look amazing.

I wanted to share with y'all from FB. There is a guy who I have been friends with for years, he has been watching me transform over the last year. He asked the name of the of the program, so I told him. I sent him to the same place my brother and mom went too. He was a diabetic on insulin until yesterday when he got his blood work, He NO LONGER has to take be on insulin. ONLY after 11 days of being OP!!...he had his WI today and loss 19.5lbs and 6 inches!!.....I am SOOOOO EXCITED for him, his wife was skeptical about the program but now she is starting tomorrow.....I LOVE IP!!

I have another friend in Omaha that found me when she was searching IP on Youtube. She found my video's, I haven't talked to her since 92. She will be starting the program over the next few weeks. She has some medical issues and wants to pass it by her Dr first.

Never know who's lives you will change....I am ONE happy person right now :)

DanafromAustin 05-25-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4345202)
I just got back from WI#8 and squeaked past my goal for the week. I've lost 75.2#

I started crying as I drove away from the clinic, happy tears, tears of disbelief. I'm pretty freaking happy. Thank you all for the help and support it has made a huge difference for me.

Have a great OP Day! :grouphug::dancer:

Amazing, absolutly amazing!!!!:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4345591)
Hi all! Yep, I'm still around just popping in when I get the chance.

I'm having a somewhat downer day, not even sure why. IP has been so great to me so far but I've had two less than stellar weigh ins back to back and it's really been impacting my mental state. I'm attempting to do everything right by the book to see if that makes a difference at all and I'm 'mad' that I pretty much have to give up the one salad dressing - the one I make for myself - that I actually enjoy because it means I get too much oil in a day. But I'll do it, because that's what this is all about, and I just have to cross my fingers that I have a better result next Tuesday night. Otherwise I might lose my mind!!

Other than that, just regular frustrations. We're trying to figure out what to do for any kind of summer vacation/break and every time I think we're close, something changes and we have to start from scratch again. I'm getting pressure from work to book my time off but I have no clue what we're doing so that makes it hard.

I know I should be thankful that THESE are my worries and I am, but if only I could see a bit more movement on the scale maybe I'd be a bit more chipper.

Hang in there, you have done so well with this program. Sometimes the scale hiccups a little bit and then starts moving again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4346128)

Never know who's lives you will change....I am ONE happy person right now :)

It's so true Lisa; I've had three people start this program based on my success, and for two of those people it is really working too.

Porthardygurl 05-25-2012 12:34 AM

Well its 9:23 PM and i have survived day 7 by the skin of my teeth. It was such a hard day..full of emotional ups and downs. First i was a biatch and then i was a depressed down in the dumps and then back up to normal and it went up and down and up and down. Finally, the night looked up when my hubby gave me the opportunity to go out and have some just me time..my 2 year old has been driving me nuts so much lately with her whining that ive wanted to pull my hair out the past 6 days and today it finally broke me and was like " This just makes me want to eat everything in sight and it makes me so mad to even think about that".

I actually went home and layed down in bed and i cried out of pure frustration because i know that in the past, when i got really emotional or stressed, i know food is where i would turn to for that comfort. Just the fact that i have no sugar in my diet anymore is a huge thing for me. Its like....sugar made me happy somehow and not having it..it feels harder to be happy almost...but at the same time i know that its not good to live a sugar laden lifestyle. Today i just wanted to do everything and nothing. I wanted to quit the diet, it felt too hard like i couldnt do it. Im sick of being irritable this past week and its like " i cant live like this".... and then at the same time, after i cried, i needed to repeat the reasons for why im doing this diet in the first place and what i want out of it..Amazingly, by simply saying what my reasons were for and actually voicing them out loud, i felt more empowered to stick with it. I came home this evening and told my hubbers, that there is no way i can quit now. I have to keep going..even though i have felt irritable and even though i have missed sugar and even though it feels like its too hard.. i need to keep going...Because everytime i have given up when its felt too hard...this time i cant do that. My life depends on it. I need to live for my kid. I need to live a healthy life. I cant die fat and alone and sick and unhappy...Im only 26 years old...

So here i am..100% OP and looking forward to day number 8...To those of you who feel like its too hard..yah.. it might be really hard..but just because its hard, doesnt give you a good enough reason to quit.

salmongirl 05-25-2012 12:53 AM

Good evening, just checking in, wow, so many things going on! Sewmom, I love to see your picture! You are beautiful!
Wuv, great new picture and what an exciting appointment, we all want to hear what he/she says!
Have a great evening!

Stefany1769 05-25-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4345395)
Good morning everybody! It's just barely morning here...don't know where the hours went, but I did manage to take some photos and post them as my profile photo and one as a signature photo. I don't have any from when I was 300 pds, as I was so mortified to have photos taken. The one with me and my friend Jeanie playing music was about a year ago, 4 months into the program, but you get the idea...

I never felt at home in my heavy body. It felt like a prison to me, and now, I feel like I've broken out and the real me can come out again. I smiled back then, but I was crying inside, and music is what usually got me to smile. Now, I smile all the time and I really mean it, deep inside.

My hope for all of you, no matter how much or how little you have to loose, to find that joy and zest and beauty, your beauty. It is there, waiting...

Okay, well now I really have to get back to work!!!! Hope you all have splendid days and do something to help someone else. ;)

Margaret

PS: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MY PROFILE PHOTO AND SIGNATURE PHOTO ARE NOT SHOWING UP IN THE POST? DO I HAVE TO TELL IT THAT?

Wow! You have done so well, and you are always so busy! Very inspiring for me. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by redmomof4 (Post 4345441)
Thanks for the answers to my questions, I can't argue with your success (it is so inspiring) so I will continue with my 1 restricted a day and continue with my gum (it beats the other option) and will try to find some sugar free cough drops. This week all of the sudden my cough is killer. And thanks for showing me the "wuv" I will definately stop lurking! :D

The IP store that I go to sells a gum called Spry, maybe try some of that, they also make mints. :)

Stefany1769 05-25-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4345470)
Just got back from my WI. 2.6 pounds removed forever!!! Woo Hoo. The light is getting brighter. :carrot:

Wow congrats! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckyjo (Post 4345567)
I have not been on here lately becouse I have not been doing very well with the program. (my fault not the program) My goal weight it 150 I am at 166 and to be honest I am happy witht he way I look in my clothes.(I think that is why I am laxed right now) I know I want to lose more I just keep giving in. So I was driving down the road the other day and just said either give up or get back on the train it is your decision. (I am doing this on my own I can not afford going to a clinic.) So I have decided to start are phase 2 to get a little more varity and see how that works. I am in hope that I can still lose 1lb a week. If I do not lose anything for the next 2 weeks I am going to have to try to go back to phase 1.

This diet is worth it. It is not about doing it and stopping it is a life style change. I do look at food differently and I know I can do this I just need to get my head on and I think if I start phase 2 I will be able to get back on program.

I wish everyone success and peace about their journey. I have peace and I pray that I have made the right decision.

I truly only want to lose about 16 more lbs

Just stick to the program and you will do fine. ;) I have confidence in you, you sound like you want this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada (Post 4345726)
Hello everyone;
I have a NSV to share...it's been kind of cold and rainy here this week, so I thought it's time to buy some pants...so I went to Ricki's and bought 2 pairs of size 10 pants. I do not like to try things on in the store, so as soon as I got home I tried them on.....they hung on me like flour sacks. So the next day I went back to the store and grabbed 2 pairs of size 8, again went home and they didn't fit either. So today, I decided suck it up and try pants on before you leave the store so you don't have to go back again and I have to share this with you.....I bought my first pair of size 6, yes I said size 6 pants. I almost fainted in the dressing room, I stood there so long that the sales woman came to check to see if everything was Ok. I can't believe it, I do not ever remember being able to wear a size 6. This program is amazing!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Wow, you're really doing great! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandasweet (Post 4345750)
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site but not new to IP. I did it last year with fantastic success, then for some reason, I got the bright idea to stop in the middle of phase 1 and "lose those last 20 pounds on my own".

Huge mistake. There's a reason there are 4 phases. Instead of losing weight my pancreas completely freaked out because I didn't phase out correctly. Sad, but I know the program works and I'm going to keep my head on straight this time.

My goal is 66 pounds, and I know now that the program is designed the way it is for a reason. I'm so excited to be back on plan (day 2) and I'm looking forward to the support of this group to help me on this journey. The clinics in my area aren't great, and my coaches aren't super enthusiastic, but this online forum might be just what's needed to offset that.

So nice to meet you all!

Welcome back and congrats on making the decision to come back. :hug:

Stefany1769 05-25-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Wives, I am so happy and excited for you!! :hug:

Cadu 05-25-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 4346136)
Well its 9:23 PM and i have survived day 7 by the skin of my teeth. It was such a hard day..full of emotional ups and downs. First i was a biatch and then i was a depressed down in the dumps and then back up to normal and it went up and down and up and down. Finally, the night looked up when my hubby gave me the opportunity to go out and have some just me time..my 2 year old has been driving me nuts so much lately with her whining that ive wanted to pull my hair out the past 6 days and today it finally broke me and was like " This just makes me want to eat everything in sight and it makes me so mad to even think about that".

I actually went home and layed down in bed and i cried out of pure frustration because i know that in the past, when i got really emotional or stressed, i know food is where i would turn to for that comfort. Just the fact that i have no sugar in my diet anymore is a huge thing for me. Its like....sugar made me happy somehow and not having it..it feels harder to be happy almost...but at the same time i know that its not good to live a sugar laden lifestyle. Today i just wanted to do everything and nothing. I wanted to quit the diet, it felt too hard like i couldnt do it. Im sick of being irritable this past week and its like " i cant live like this".... and then at the same time, after i cried, i needed to repeat the reasons for why im doing this diet in the first place and what i want out of it..Amazingly, by simply saying what my reasons were for and actually voicing them out loud, i felt more empowered to stick with it. I came home this evening and told my hubbers, that there is no way i can quit now. I have to keep going..even though i have felt irritable and even though i have missed sugar and even though it feels like its too hard.. i need to keep going...Because everytime i have given up when its felt too hard...this time i cant do that. My life depends on it. I need to live for my kid. I need to live a healthy life. I cant die fat and alone and sick and unhappy...Im only 26 years old...

So here i am..100% OP and looking forward to day number 8...To those of you who feel like its too hard..yah.. it might be really hard..but just because its hard, doesnt give you a good enough reason to quit.

I really "felt" your post when i read it. I know what you are feeling, I am 46 and have been fat since I was 28. I would go up and down over the years but for the most part I was up and when I was down it wasnt for a long period of time. What I have found in the last 3 1/2 months on IP is that the first couple weeks is hard and even when I was losing it was hard not to get depressed because there was still so much I had to lose. I would like to share with you my truths about my journey. During times of stress I would want to quit and eat, I just got through each minute when urge came. I truly lived by the motto one day at a time in the beginning. "I can do this for 1 day" and I have to say that the next day I ALWAYS felt better, not only that.. I felt great that I didnt cave in to the emotional eating. I really believe each time I didnt cave it made me stronger in my resolve to stick to this plan. After a few weeks it became so much easier not to cave in to the craves. Dont get me wrong, they still come sometimes but they are no where as strong as they were and no where as frequent. I swear to you, this is the last time I am going to go through this, I will NEVER go back to eating like I did before this plan. I will never hide from social events again because I am too embarassed to be seen. I am not going to miss out on the rest of my life. Also, Just think of how quickly time goes by. Doesnt it seem like yesterday your baby was born? That was 2 years ago.. didnt that fly by? well the same is true for this plan. The time will fly by and when it does you will be thinner & healthier. You will always have stress in your life wether you are thin or overweight, wether you are young or older. Dont wait until you are 46 like me to learn how to deal with it without food. You will miss out on too much life.

This is your time porthardygurl! Lets get this weight problem taken care of NOW so you wont miss out on life. When the tough times come, buckle down and face them without food and they will pass. . YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! :hug: