3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Men on IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259635-men-ip.html)

hyrysk 05-23-2012 12:46 PM

Men on IP
 
I know there are plenty of us.

Sometimes we see things a little different.

But it's still 100% OP :carrot:

usmcvet 05-23-2012 12:54 PM

It is OP with T not E!:D

Longhorn Energy 05-23-2012 01:01 PM

Another one checking in. 100 percent op for almost 4 weeks. 3rd WI today. Hoping for some additional inches. Weight seems to be coming off slower than i would like but far faster than anything else i have ever tried.

Longhorn Energy 05-23-2012 03:57 PM

Back from WI#3 down 8.5# and 5.5"

Very happy with that!

hyrysk 05-23-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4344272)
Back from WI#3 down 8.5# and 5.5"

Very happy with that!

Great loss :cb:

Longhorn Energy 05-24-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrysk (Post 4344339)
Great loss :cb:

Thank you so much. I was thrilled!

sprite613 05-24-2012 08:32 AM

Hey guys! I'm glad to see that you are on here as well! My DH will be starting the portocol with me using alternatives in a few days. If it's ok with you all I will tell him to come on here and talk with you guys if he has any questions regarding how a man may be going through things differently.

Keep up the great losses and good luck. And usmcvet, thanks for all the great posts and words of encouragement that you give all the folks here! :)

usmcvet 05-24-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprite613 (Post 4344971)
Hey guys! I'm glad to see that you are on here as well! My DH will be starting the portocol with me using alternatives in a few days. If it's ok with you all I will tell him to come on here and talk with you guys if he has any questions regarding how a man may be going through things differently.

Keep up the great losses and good luck. And usmcvet, thanks for all the great posts and words of encouragement that you give all the folks here! :)

Tell him to check in with us. I find most of it doesn't matter their are times when the man/woman issues are quite different but most of the time we are all on the same page. Fighting the same fight.

sprite613 05-25-2012 07:45 AM

I will most definately do that, THANKS!

crash302 05-26-2012 09:54 PM

I have been on it for pretty much a year now. I bounce of some days but I have only ever had one gain and that only a pound. darn fishing trip.

Longhorn Energy 05-27-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash302 (Post 4348108)
I have been on it for pretty much a year now. I bounce of some days but I have only ever had one gain and that only a pound. darn fishing trip.

Wow. Fantastic and congrats!

txman2012 05-27-2012 01:07 PM

Hi fellow Males!

I have been on for almost 4 weeks now and have some questions since you all have a greater perspective from being on it longer.

Started at 338.
W1 - 328.5 12 inches lost
W2 - 322.0 3.5 inches lost
W3 - 321.0 3 inches lost

So on Tuesday will have W4 weigh in. Depending on which scale I use when fully clothed I may only have lost another 2lbs or so, but I know I have lost more inches since I can tell via clothes and how I walk. I will probably be close to 20lbs on W4 which means average of 5lbs a week...Im just concerned on the lower weekly numbers and hope it doesnt continue.

1. Is this normal? I would think I would lost more than 1 or 2 lbs, or does it take some time for body to adjust and as long as you are losing inches the lbs eventually catch up and not to worry about it?

2. I am following plan to a T and drinking at least 8 liters of water a day.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Longhorn Energy 05-27-2012 03:13 PM

Well i am at the same point so i wouldnt be too concerned. 4 weeks in and im down 20# and 15.5". I have big weeks and smaller weeks but i still feel 5# a week average is phenomenal. Faster would be great but not many diets have even this level of success so i will take it.

Let me ask you a question....have you ever lost 20# in a month on another plan? Keep up the good work.

txman2012 05-27-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4348765)
Well i am at the same point so i wouldnt be too concerned. 4 weeks in and im down 20# and 15.5". I have big weeks and smaller weeks but i still feel 5# a week average is phenomenal. Faster would be great but not many diets have even this level of success so i will take it.

Let me ask you a question....have you ever lost 20# in a month on another plan? Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the reply Longhorn. No, I am definetly happy with the results so far...as long as I am still losing inches it obviously is working. I imagine my body may need a week or two to catch up.

I definetly feel better on this diet then any others, have no cravings at all, and some days not feeling like eating everything I am supposed to. ( I do, but that in it self is amazing )

JP

txman2012 05-27-2012 08:32 PM

Question on "unofficial exercise" -

I am going to be doing 2 plus hours tomorrow of yard/fence work.

Since I will obviously be using muscles and blowing thru glycogen stores, ( similar to the no-no of weight lifting while on IP) Any suggestions how to combat the effects? Eat more protein?

I am still not 100% clear on what the effect would be with a heavy workout and tomorrow will more or less be its equivalent.

thanks,
JP


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.