~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Looking good!!!
Thanks as always WUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth357 View Post
Hey JW...nice job on the movie review and NOT eating the popcorn OR the carpet...haha! Hey ...your pics are cool but you look a bit thin! GOOD JOB!!!! Now whats with driving around and taking pic's of popcorn machines? Maybe you have a problem bro....have to get you into one of those 12 step popcorn addiction programs! I mean REALLY! We all crave things, but we don't take pics of the things we can't have! Except for those 11 pic's I have on my phone of pizza!
Dude, did you say Pizza? May lightning go strike that evil phone. You think I have a thing about popcorn? We haven't even started talking about pizza.
I wish we could direct where the weight loss happened. My poor gut seems like it will be the last place I will loose. It's gone down, but I still want it down more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
All done day 2 on IP. I have to say that the food is much better than I was expecting. I expected it to taste powdery like protein powder but it's actually pretty good. Most meals are like snacking- pudding and drinks. This is pretty awesome.
As a single guy, one of the problem I have always had is portion control. This program makes it so easy.
I did have a headaches last night and a bit this morning before I ate but I'm feeling fine now.
I do still miss potato chips though. I watched some tv with a guy eating nachos. That hurt a bit, but I didn't cheat and feel pretty good about it now. Hopefully I can keep that up in the months to follow.
I think what will be tougher is when my friends want to go out for a beer (okay several beers). I have a few trips planned to go see some CFL Football (Go Riders!!).
Gotta stay 100% OP at least until my weigh in. That will give me the motivation to continue.
Hey triple-d, I still have to from time to time take in a bit of extra sea salt for headaches. I know it's most likely from my absent mindedness of forgetting to actually use it in my meals. It works like an aspirin You may be amazed at how your tastes will change while on this program. I still have days where I have to almost force myself to eat just the minimum number of packets/veggies. It is so weird. On those days I feel like my stomach is stretching, but that is when I usually loose the most. I don't fully understand this diet. All I know is the closer you follow it to the T, the better it will work for ya. Hang in there and enjoy the new you that's about to appear.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #467  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Looking good brother.

NSV today. I just had another link taken out of my watch. That's three total.
Hey VET, cool watch there. I've noticed that I may have to go get a link taken out of my watch too. Who knew, I had no idea I had fat wrists! A pound down is a pound down, right?
Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #468  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
All done day 2 on IP. I have to say that the food is much better than I was expecting. I expected it to taste powdery like protein powder but it's actually pretty good. Most meals are like snacking- pudding and drinks. This is pretty awesome.
As a single guy, one of the problem I have always had is portion control. This program makes it so easy.
I did have a headaches last night and a bit this morning before I ate but I'm feeling fine now.
I do still miss potato chips though. I watched some tv with a guy eating nachos. That hurt a bit, but I didn't cheat and feel pretty good about it now. Hopefully I can keep that up in the months to follow.
I think what will be tougher is when my friends want to go out for a beer (okay several beers). I have a few trips planned to go see some CFL Football (Go Riders!!).
Gotta stay 100% OP at least until my weigh in. That will give me the motivation to continue.
Always be prepared that is the key, if you are at the house watching the game or tv and your friends are eating nachos, save your restricted for that time and have the southwestern cheese curls, BBQ wedges, salt and vinegar rideges, white cheddar ridges, those would serve as a chip for you or just have pre cut veggies so you can snack on something like bell pepper slices, celery or even a few cherry tomatos. As far as the Beers are concerned, Just have you some water with lemon or lime, maybe even get some type of water flavoring if you have it in your area. Remember this is ONLY for now....you WILL be able to have beer later on...just not right now.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
This is the way the IP chef prepares His gumbo....
Sausage & Chicken Gumbo
(phase 1-4) serves 3
*1 (3 1/2-ounce) finely chopped cauliflower (like rice)
*1 packet IP Chicken soup (un-prepared)
*2 tablespoons olive oil
*1 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
*1 cup frozen cut okra
*2 cups chopped celery
*1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
*1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
*1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
*2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
*8 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
*1 small can diced tomatoes
*1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
Combine soup packet and olive oil in a Dutch oven; saute over medium heat 3 minutes. Add first 6 ingredients (through red pepper); cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Stir in chicken, kielbasa, tomatoes, and broth; cook 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over cauliflower rice
can't do it lol. have to cook a gumbo the right way. i will just have to wait a while.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #470  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
can't do it lol. have to cook a gumbo the right way. i will just have to wait a while.
I haven't cooked it the IP way, I only cook it the real way and I eat it anyways just not with the rice. I am a LA girl, can't have gumbo any other way but the real way....lol...the amount of roux to the amount of water really wouldn't matter
Old 08-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #471  

Ugh, Monday, start of work week....blah blah blah

Hope everyone has a great week. (I'm not belly aching, that's just my normal Monday morning outlook. I'll snap out of it when I leave work this afternoon )
Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #472  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

NO POPCORN JW!!!! Pics of popcorn are OK...but you cannot enter the happy train that leads to popcornville!

Have a great week you losers!!!!!
Jake

Last edited by mammoth357; 08-20-2012 at 09:15 AM.
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #473  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth357 View Post
NO POPCORN JW!!!! Pics of popcorn are OK...but you cannot enter the happy train that leads to popcornville!

Have a great week you losers!!!!!
Jake
HA, no popcorn here buddy. And, you tha loser!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Man I missed a lot this weekend.

JW way too funny dude

Wuv Gumbo sounds good but hopefully I will be eating the real stuff pretty soon. I sure am glad I was OP back in the spring when I visited my little sis in Lafayette. I knew the place we went was serious about eating crawfish when the table had a hole in the middle for the trash.
hyrysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #475  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
Man I missed a lot this weekend.

JW way too funny dude

Wuv Gumbo sounds good but hopefully I will be eating the real stuff pretty soon. I sure am glad I was OP back in the spring when I visited my little sis in Lafayette. I knew the place we went was serious about eating crawfish when the table had a hole in the middle for the trash.
HAHA...that is my neck of the woods. I am originally from Kaplan (20 miles south of Lafayette) that is the way we eat crawfish!!....I eat the real stuff now its allowed just not the rice!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #476  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

So I need some new goals.

Under 300#'s by Halloween.

270 by my birthday, January 4th. A 200# loss for my birthday would be a nice present.

There I said it. Now to make it happen.

I picked those dates so I could remember them easily and because I think they're realistic.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #477  

Quote:

270 by my birthday, January 4th. A 200# loss for my birthday would be a nice present.

I picked those dates so I could remember them easily and because I think they're realistic.
They are realistic and for YOU they are DOABLE!!!!!...back to the grind mister!!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #478  

Quote:

Sounds like great goals!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #479  

Hey there. I didn't bring anything for lunch today to work. There is a Subway across the street. Did you know Subway has really delicious pizza? They are so good.......

But......

I'm trying my hardest to be 100% so I got the grilled chicken and spinach salad!! Just some spinach and chicken and a little bit of pickles for some added zing.

hope you all have a great day.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Halfway done day 5. This still feels very manageable. The food is good, I get hungry once in a while just before lunch or supper but that's ok.

Y biggest challenge is getting all the salt Im supposed to eat. I have been eating some but I am sure it hasn't been as much as I'm supposed to. Anyone else having problems with that?

Reading these boards I have found a great way to get in my lunch veggies. Yesterday I added two cups of blended/puréed spinach to my vanilla pudding. It turned it green but it still asked just like vanilla pudding. Today I did the same thing with my chili- 1 cup puréed spinach and one cup of chopped up celery ( who ever heard of chili without celery anyway).
I am definitely looking forward to my weigh in on Friday. Maybe it's in my head but I already feel like I have lost some good inches on my gut. My scale only shows about 5lbs though. I was hoping/expecting more in my first week.
So far I'm still happy I made this choice and looking forward to the weeks ahead. Even if they are poutine-less weeks.
Have a great day!!!
ddd849 is offline   Reply With Quote