Men on IP

You're on Page 25 of 34
Go to
  • Welcome Big Daddy...! Hey...you lost 58lbs in 6 weeks? 9.67lbs a week average? Tell us how the heck you did THAT!!!
    Jake
  • Quote: Welcome Big Daddy...! Hey...you lost 58lbs in 6 weeks? 9.67lbs a week average? Tell us how the heck you did THAT!!!
    Jake
    Had a kickass first week.22.5 lol. and anywhere from 11 to 2 after that. only two this week. dont think i ate enough. doing some serious work in my back yard the last few weekends. so upping my intake this week to see whaty happends.

• Yo dudes. Does anyone know how many grams of Carbs/Fats/Protein we can have at dinner during phase 1?
  • not a clue. still playing wiith this diet myself.
  • Quote: Yo dudes. Does anyone know how many grams of Carbs/Fats/Protein we can have at dinner during phase 1?
    I don't think we are supposed to break it down like that but rather just follow the program. You start breaking it down you would first need to know how many carbs/fat/protein each average day is supposed to have and you would need to figure what portion of that is breakfast, then luch to get dinner totals.

Why bother...better to just follow program.

I keep my carbs at about 20g a day...
    My calories average around 800 a day...depending on meat choice for dinner...on chicken day I average 725 calories and on steak day I average around 875 calories.

So it can get overly complicated fast...and program was not designed for that. Keep it simple and follow the sheet and don't get concerned about all the numbers.
    Thats my 2 cents anyway!
    Jake
  • Quote: So it can get overly complicated fast...and program was not designed for that. Keep it simple and follow the sheet and don't get concerned about all the numbers.
    Thats my 2 cents anyway!
    Jake
    Thanks Jake. My partner was wanting to help more and he was looking in a big recipe book and we started wondering how many of all that I could have at dinner. This book broke each recipe down by carbs/fats/sugars...etc.

I kept telling him I didn't know what all my food broke down to. Thanks!
  • Hey JW...my approach is keep carbs around 20 for the day.... but: zero sugars except the sugars that naturally occur in the acceptable list veggies I eat. That keeps a good ketosis going. Any extra's I have are walden farms and all zero values, and I even limit "those".

Only real fat I get is from the olive oil. Somethings however I think that maybe an extra tsp olive oil would help and that a little more fat might help my ketosis...I know it always did when I was on Atkins. But of course no saturated fat!
    Cheers
    Jake
  • I just follow the plan and try to limit myself to 2 restricted items a week.
  • Rise and shine guys!!!!.....Have a GREAT weekend!!....had to bump y'all up
  • Thanks WUV

Way to hot here in Texas. can't wait till the triple digits leave for good.
  • Hey gang - just started with IP and weigh in on day 5, I was 8.8 down. Wifey is doing it with me so we are looking forward to encouraging each other and swapping ideas and recipes.
  • Awesome. Welcome aboard.
  • Quote: Hey gang - just started with IP and weigh in on day 5, I was 8.8 down. Wifey is doing it with me so we are looking forward to encouraging each other and swapping ideas and recipes.
    I need to get my wife on this also. It would make things easier
  • I must say, having her do this with me is the secret weapon. She is chef material, so when we eat dinner, it feels like I'm not even on the plan...definitely makes this doable!