Men on IP

You're on Page 17 of 34
Go to
  • I guess we are going to have to post something here just to bump us back to the front. I have a bad habbit of just lurking thru the threads.

I know we have a lot of WI's at the end of the week,so lets hear about them. We go at 6:30 tonight.
  • WI visit experience
    Hey guys. I just want to check with you all and see what you experience when you go for your weigh in.

I went yesterday, and just feel like it is pretty lack luster. I get there, the nutritionist brings me back to an 'exam' room. She asks how's it going, I say great. I jump on the scale then she writes down my weight, BMI, etc. Then I look at a sheet of paper with the food offerings and pick what I need for the week. That's it. I just expected more, but am not really sure what all that includes.

Is this pretty much what you go through at your WI?
    Thanks
  • Quote: Hey guys. I just want to check with you all and see what you experience when you go for your weigh in.

I went yesterday, and just feel like it is pretty lack luster. I get there, the nutritionist brings me back to an 'exam' room. She asks how's it going, I say great. I jump on the scale then she writes down my weight, BMI, etc. Then I look at a sheet of paper with the food offerings and pick what I need for the week. That's it. I just expected more, but am not really sure what all that includes.

Thanks
    Actually I wish mine was like that.

I go in, do the weigh-in, then she hands me dumbells of the total amount I lost to date...that part is pretty cool.

..now the bad part; we talk about bowel movements, appetite, water consumption...etc..etc...for half an hour. Seems to be the same repeating cycle of questions every week and the same answers from me.

Then I pick my food off the shelves, she goes to the back and 20min later comes out with a bill. Not sure what she does for 20min...

I've also never been re-measure or had BMI done after the first time 5 weeks ago. Not sure that's normal?!
  • DW and I go together. Our clinic has one of the fancy scales you weigh barefoot on that spits out all kind of numbers, so we do that first. Then she does measurements and we talk about whats happened the past week. Our caoches name is Amy and she is very personable. She has been on IP so she understands what is going on and what we are going thru so her and DW's conversations get pretty intresting with all the women issues and stuff. We talk about recipes and what we like and don't like then pick our food for the next week. She lets us trade out packs we don't like and sometimes gives us some to try for a review. Its actually pretty enjoyable especially when the scale is moving. We started back in January of this year and together we are down over 150lbs. (that means we have lost more tham my 15yr old weighs)

I think I remember a thread about a month ago that covered this same topic and was very intresting how much difference there is in clinics
  • Howdy Vermont Gents...Hey...I am right near Lake George, New York...if you guys get down this way, I belong To the local fish & game club (used to be director and chairman)...would love to have you join me at my range and do some plinking. We have 55 covered benches to keep the sun off and a 200 yard range. There is a club house with cold drinks (and waters) etc...and if we time it right we can go grab a meal at the outback! Get the 8oz sirloin, 2 cups green veggie no butter, and a garden salad...so it all fits right in with our phase 1 programs...I can bring the 0 cal dressing with us!
    USMCVET: I have read many of your posts before starting and want you to know that you very much helped me get going on this.
    I am doing the alternative thing...but use the IP supplements (vitamins, potassium, cal-mag)...and I use EAS AdvantEdge Lo Carb shakes which are identical to IP shakes in values.
    Anyway...just wanted to say "hey" as we are neighbors!
    Cheers
    Jake
  • PS: My wife was born and raised near Montpelier!
  • My visits are pretty much the same. Once a month I see the doctor and she asked a lot more questions. Then I am there about 30-45 minutes. Regular weeks maybe 10. I have been doing it for over a year so I really don't have many questions. I am 10lbs from my second goal so after that I will go in once every two weeks to see the doctor and that is it.
  • Quote: Howdy Vermont Gents...Hey...I am right near Lake George, New York...if you guys get down this way, I belong To the local fish & game club (used to be director and chairman)...would love to have you join me at my range and do some plinking. We have 55 covered benches to keep the sun off and a 200 yard range. There is a club house with cold drinks (and waters) etc...and if we time it right we can go grab a meal at the outback! Get the 8oz sirloin, 2 cups green veggie no butter, and a garden salad...so it all fits right in with our phase 1 programs...I can bring the 0 cal dressing with us!
    USMCVET: I have read many of your posts before starting and want you to know that you very much helped me get going on this.
    I am doing the alternative thing...but use the IP supplements (vitamins, potassium, cal-mag)...and I use EAS AdvantEdge Lo Carb shakes which are identical to IP shakes in values.
    Anyway...just wanted to say "hey" as we are neighbors!
    Cheers
    Jake
    Jake can I bring my evil black guns to NY with their hi caps? If not I have a few .22's I could bring. I'd love to come down. My AR's are all SBRs, I think that is a no go in NY. I'm glad you're doing well.

Quote: My visits are pretty much the same. Once a month I see the doctor and she asked a lot more questions. Then I am there about 30-45 minutes. Regular weeks maybe 10. I have been doing it for over a year so I really don't have many questions. I am 10lbs from my second goal so after that I will go in once every two weeks to see the doctor and that is it.
    Crash. Dude GOAL. Freaking awesome.
    You shooting for 200#'S?

I just set a goal of 125#'s by Thursday August 9th. I think I kinda sat back a little and got comfortable when I smashed past 100 to 107. So reality check. I need to pull my food journal back out. I have not been using it since I went on vacation! Tonight I only ate half the chicken my wife made, I was full but it was also much more than eight ounces.

So Crash Outfreaking standing job man. And thanks for checking in on me by PM. I needed it!

I can't wait to break into the two hundreds. I missed WI last week because ofbthenholiday and did not go today, i did not think id be up for it untill last night then inchecked thenon line schedulenand saw thenappointments were full so I'm scheduled for Saturday. I had my right wristboperated on in March and I was a mess for almost two weeks with tons of swelling very different this time I am hammering away on the iPad and not in pain there is no swelling really and I slipped my wedding ring on yesterday
  • Quote: Jake can I bring my evil black guns to NY with their hi caps? If not I have a few .22's I could bring. I'd love to come down. My AR's are all SBRs, I think that is a no go in NY. I'm glad you're doing well.
    Howdy usmcvet!
    I am really not sure on the sbr question...thought it was 16" barrel minimum but don't recall...high cap mag's not sure again but lots of people at the range have them so not seeing a prob but again, not sure of the law! No full auto or we all go to jail..haha...and I doubt they have our shakes although they would certainly have the "bars"!
    .22's always A-OK! One of my favorite plinkers is a ruger revolver single six .22 and its a blast...just sit, nurse a cigar and plink away! Back in my atkins days my brother and I would bring the table top gas grill and do burgers and sausage...ah, those were the days (was just last summer!)
    Cheers!
    Jake
  • Crash way cool going for 200#.

USMCVET Glad to see your getting better.

Just back from WI down 3.4# only 5 more to 100. Next goal after that will be jeans with matching numbers(34x34)my 38's are getting lose
  • Quote: Crash way cool going for 200#.

USMCVET Glad to see your getting better.

Just back from WI down 3.4# only 5 more to 100. Next goal after that will be jeans with matching numbers(34x34)my 38's are getting lose
    Whoo hoo 34*34 is freaking awesome, honestly is 38*34. =) five more to the century club. FREAKING AWESOME.
  • Quote: haha...Thanks Liz! You are the best!

Hi Gents!
    I am on day 2 of phase 1...
    have a thread going that tells more about me and my background in weight etc at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...thank-you.html here on this site.

Lost 100 pounds on atkins induction...stalled for past 4 months...and now doing this to continue my quest!

Weigh 308 yesterday...goal is 240...so 68 to go!

Just wanted to say howdy and looking forward to learning from you all!
    Thanks and happy 4th!
    Jake
    Dude 100 already gone. Good work.

Quote: Hi Gentlemen,

This is my first post on this thread. My wife and I have been in the program for 15 weeks and we are both down 45 pounds! Over the years I had tried Atkins and South Beach with moderate success on both but I was unable to keep the weight off. Had some higher motivation this time as I had to go on blood pressure medicine last fall and this really annoyed me. I'm happy to say that the doctor has taken me completely off the blood pressure medicine and since my cholesterol had dropped to 103 he had me stop taking Lipitor also. This makes me drug-free for the first time in years.

I'm approaching the time when I move out of phase 1 and like a lot of other people I've read about in the other forums I am a little concerned about it. Sort of like giving up your security blanket. I came across the book the other day called Diet 101: The Truth about Low-Carb Diets, I read it and was very impressed with the author and her research. She does a lot of focus on blood sugar as it relates to health and weight loss which seem to make a lot of sense. I wonder if anyone else has read this?

One of the items that I was particularly impressed with was that she had contacted a significant number of people who had been on low carbohydrate diets and maintained their weight for over three years successfully. While she does not discuss the ideal protein diet specifically the comments from people who had successfully maintained for at least three years seemed to be following strategies that seem similar to phase 4.

This is a great thread with a lot of great inspiration , keep it up! Thanks
    103, is a good number!

Quote: Wow it’s great to see all the new guy’s on the IP forum. The big losses and the NSV’s are encouraging.

Last night had WI after 2 weeks of vacation and lost 2lbs. which was a surprise. I thought I had gained for sure because I know the Pizza and wings I had at Disney were not IP.

NSV: The jeans I have been wearing are size 42 and were a little baggy so I needed a new pair. DW tried to get me to buy a size 36 because they buttoned but I told her I had to be able to breathe. I just bought the 42’s a month ago so I ended up buying a pair of 38’s and 36’s.

I’m ridding my Harley till my backside hurts this weekend.
    Have a great weekend guy’s.
    . It was Macical, Magic Kingdom Food! Did you use fairy dust? How did your 15 year old like it?

Quote: I'm here! NSV has started to happen for me. A few people have asked if I have been loosing weight. They say they can tell in my face.

John
    you should feel good about it!

[QUOTE=Tehiv;4397980]Hello all. Day 2 here.

Quote: Hey usmcvet, good luck with surgery today - figured I'd move any future butt wiping convos to this thread (no offense guys). Glad you got yourself the roto rooter tool while you heal! I almost got my dad one after his surgery since my mom refused to be the backup wiper. I guess "in sickness and in health" has its limits...even after 40 years!
    So the but wiper works, even though it pisses me off to have to use it! My constipation stopped this morning. I stopped the pain meds a few days ago. Again much better than last wrist which was about 110#'s ago. They used much less numbing medication this time.

Quote: I have been using all the Walden Farms dressings. Some are better than others but they are all better than decent tasting especially for 0 cal / 0 fat / 0 carb.

I have been eating a ton of sweet peppers, peppercini, and cucumbers. I was told I could eat unlimited vegetables but I am keeping it close to my 4 cups.

Started on 6/16 at 275 and 26% body fat. I weighed in at home today at 254 ( My scale is spot on with the office which is great). The process is going great and I am trying to decide on a target weight between 235 and 245. 245 was my initial goal but I guess I will have to see how I look with my shirt off! I know that I am not there yet.
    . When you say sweet peppers are the the orange and yellow ones? I think we are supposed to only have those twice a week. Green peppers are an every day veggie if I remember right. The daily thread might get you a quicker and more detailed answer.

Quote: did I mention the second week I was on IP I was at Hershey Park with my daughter's basketball team at Junior National. Chocolate everywhere. Then one week later at vacation at the beach for a week. No booze is the hardest part for me along with loaded baked potato's!!
    yeah my first week or second was Easter! No candy for me either. Good job staying on track. It is worth it.

Quote: I hope i figured out how to add a ticker.
    Awesome, skinny man! Almost to 100 lost!!! Crash is almost to 200 lost!!!!!!

Quote: Sounds like a good plan.

I would love to be down to 235 by August 14th which is our 30th Anv.
    cool that is my son's tenth birthday and my step Dad's 76th!
    Quote: Come on guys we're falling off the first page again. When I was a newbie a month ago I needed this thread to know I wasn't the only man on earth doing this!
    you're right.

Quote: Hey guys. I just want to check with you all and see what you experience when you go for your weigh in.

Thanks
    my weigh ins are all over. I cried a bunch on the 28th and got hugs from two or three of the ladies. My bill comes much quicker the do it up on the laptop in front of me and swipe my card.

Quote: Actually I wish mine was like that.

I go in, do the weigh-in, then she hands me dumbells of the total amount I lost to date...that part is pretty cool.

..now the bad part; we talk about bowel movements, appetite, water consumption...etc..etc...for half an hour. Seems to be the same repeating cycle of questions every week and the same answers from me.

Then I pick my food off the shelves, she goes to the back and 20min later comes out with a bill. Not sure what she does for 20min...

I've also never been re-measure or had BMI done after the first time 5 weeks ago. Not sure that's normal?!
    dumbells is cool. I was using photos of those as my avatar for a while and showed my son Jack the 35# weight when he asked how much I'd lost one day towards the beginning.

Quote: DW and I go together. Our clinic has one of the fancy scales you weigh barefoot on that spits out all kind of numbers, so we do that first. Then she does measurements and we talk about whats happened the past week. Our caoches name is Amy and she is very personable. She has been on IP so she understands what is going on and what we are going thru so her and DW's conversations get pretty intresting with all the women issues and stuff. We talk about recipes and what we like and don't like then pick our food for the next week. She lets us trade out packs we don't like and sometimes gives us some to try for a review. Its actually pretty enjoyable especially when the scale is moving. We started back in January of this year and together we are down over 150lbs. (that means we have lost more tham my 15yr old weighs)

I think I remember a thread about a month ago that covered this same topic and was very intresting how much difference there is in clinics
    cool you've lost a person. I'm working on my wife's weight next, not quite sure what that is, I tried getting her on the scale the other day, no go!

Quote: Howdy usmcvet!
    I am really not sure on the sbr question...thought it was 16" barrel minimum but don't recall...high cap mag's not sure again but lots of people at the range have them so not seeing a prob but again, not sure of the law! No full auto or we all go to jail..haha...and I doubt they have our shakes although they would certainly have the "bars"!
    .22's always A-OK! One of my favorite plinkers is a ruger revolver single six .22 and its a blast...just sit, nurse a cigar and plink away! Back in my atkins days my brother and I would bring the table top gas grill and do burgers and sausage...ah, those were the days (was just last summer!)
    Cheers!
    Jake
    Yes 16" is the minimum by federal law, unless you register them as a short barreled rifle, 18" for shotguns. I have two short barreled rifles, a 10.5" and an 11.5". I had to go through the NFA process, and pay a $200 stamp for each to register them. I can travel across state lines with them with prior ATF approval but I don't think they're legal in NY so that is a no go. I can bring a 16"+ gun but i don't think I can have a flash hider or bayonet lug unless it is pre 1994, none of mine are. And most of my hi cap magazines are post '94 too.

10.5" LMT

11.5" BCM

• VET must have taken you an Hour to respond to all those post.

Universal was a blast. 15yr old is a tomboy and loves rollercoasters and I fit agian. The lines for the Harry Potter stuff were crazy but we road them all. I had more fun at City Walk which is right outside the park. We did the CSI exhibit and the Titanic tour. Took a drive over to Daytona to visit the track and the museum one day. We stayed at the Orange Lake Resort and spent one afternoon at thier River Island water park.

I have a cusin who is the ex-police chief in Pensocola so we met a few of his kids at Navarre Beach on the way back. 2 days in the sun and DW wanted to stay. We had a BLAST.

We did phase 2 while we were on vaction and it seemed to work out ok.
  • It took a while. I felt like I needed to get back in the grove. Did you do the thing where you put your name down and don't wait in line but come back later to the front of the line? I sat in a wooden chair with arms today just because I thought I could. It was a small NSV. I never would have fit 100#'s ago. I'm looking forward to fitting in the rides and being able to stand in the lines. I don't want to but know now I can! How was the pizza ? My kids are eating Dominos now which works fine for me, I think Dominos tastes like cardboard. But there are two Pizzia places here in town I love! Mmmmm a loaded meat lovers w/o olives or anchovies, everything else is great. I did see Pizzia with corn on it in London, kinda weird. That's also the first place I saw Hawaian with ham and pineapple. That is delicious. Now to eat my chicken breast and salad.
  • Damn, you got me thinking about pizza now! There is this place here that the guy is from New York City and he makes a killer HUGE thin 8 cut and used only the freshest cheese's and meats... hang on...have to wipe some drool...

and I gotta stop this dream NOW...haha!

Hey Usmcvet SWEET pair...damn, they are sweet!
    Let me know anytime you will be over this way...and yes, NY States gun laws really suck to be sure...we are somewhat limited here.

I had a really sweet decked-out Bushmaster XM15 ES loaded with extras but had to sell it a few years back...really want an Armalite....depends on budget when the time comes. Like the .223 caliber for light duty workouts...love the .308 overall for multi-purpose heavy duty...if I win the lottery I will get both!
    Cheers
    Jake