confirmation in the midst of self doubt

• so my coworker remarked (just now)

You've lost a lot of weight.

I wasnt seeiing any shrinkage... and was beginning to doubt myself in this process

felt good to hear.
  • OMG - I hear you. I think we really need to take pictures. Honestly, it's at least 41lb down for me now and I look in the mirror and still don't see a change. But in reality - I'm almost 2/3 to my goal and am in need of dumping an entire wardrobe, so obviously something has changed, and it's not my perception it's reality. You've lost over 13lb in LESS THAN ONE MONTH, believe me - that kind of loss shows, even to people who see you every day.
  • It is great to hear isn't it. It can also be a bummer when you don't hear it. Just keep working the plan and you will be rewarded with more losses. Congratulations.
  • awesome!

only got one compliment so far from work.....I see in the corner of my eye some of my co-workers eyeballs looking at me but their not saying anything though. lol
  • When I start doubting myself, I put on that one outfit that I have saved from my first weigh-in. No doubt after that.
  • Compliments are very nice and motivating! I think. One tough part in maintenance is people stop commenting because you do look the same all the time. Which is good...
  • They sure help, don't they? A colleague today told me I had to take a picture of myself and put it on FB because, and I quote, I 'look like a real skinny ***** today'. Hahahaha. She took my blackberry from my hand and snapped the picture. I thought it was hilarious, but now that I look at the picture even I'm saying wow.

I totally hear you, LizRR, when you say you don't always see it yourself. But today, I see it. Yay!