Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Cadu: Quote. So sorry for all your losses, I can so understand the wanting to eat comfort food during times like this. But if you can get through this without going off plan, you know that you will feel so much better about yourself. I see life like a roller coaster, sometimes we are on the down side of the track but eventually it has to go back up. Hang in there, things will get better

Thank you for the encouragment. Already today I feel a little proud of myself for not eating myself through this hard time. Life is definitely a roller coaster, I see what so many have and are going through on this forum, yourself included and it gives me a lot of strength knowing I'm not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Good Morning from the East Coast - down 3.4lbs this week. NSV - today is the first day in years that everything in my closet fits me.....there is NOTHING that is too small. I think at one time I had 5 sizes in my closet, always hoping to fit back into the smaller sizes. I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!! And to top it all off it is long weekend in Canada this weekend. Could life get any better?
That is a fantastic NSV moment! I am looking so forward to the day I can do the same in my closet. Have a wonderful long weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Okay I'm getting ready to leave for the day. I hope you all have an awesome OP day. FYI: If the scale does not cooperate today I may start stripping down and scaring everyone else out of the clinic. If you hear screams of horror and giggles you know why.
I heard no screams and giggles so I assume naked was not involved with your weigh in. You are doing so good. You have a lot to be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I'm awake!! i'm awake!! and I'm Caffeinated!!!!!!! Oh god I forget sometimes what it is like to have coffee in the morning.
Enough of coffee talk...man I'm hyper, ugh! I also found out that despite me HATING how mad and "b**chy I am all the time, DH apparently finds it super um...cookie-baking material... lol. He said it's good for me to stand up to him (I'm super submissive to him normally, it's sad). So now I'm hoping after I lose the weight I'll have enough of this feeling to be able to have it be a somewhat habit with him, just not the rest of the world. So overall - my day is kind of going super, and I PRAY it stays that way, just for today. The world can suck tomorrow, but today I really want to ride on this emotional high.

Happy OP Day for everyone I hope, good luck on your weigh ins and if I see the Whoosh fairy I'll send her your way!
WOW!!! You are on top of the world today, how exciting! Thank you for sharing your cheerfulness with all of us. It boosted my day! All of this talk about "baking cookies" is making me want to start baking when my hubby gets home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Lace & Levis,
I just caught up reading yesterday's thread. I am so sorry for all of your losses (except the weight loss, of course). I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, am a foster family for dogs, also lost a number of siblings who were relatively young in life, know the pain you speak of...my thoughts are with you as you work through this pain.
It sounds like you have your hands full and have suffered a great deal of pain, as well. Today I've been teary off and on. I've been reading todays posts from my IP family and it has been cheering me up. Thank you for taking time to write and show your sympathy. I really do appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Wow, such great posts today. I love it!!! I am going shopping for our camping/boating trip this weekend. Have to buy myself a pair of hip waders. I am happy to report my size 12 pants (that I've only been wearing for a few weeks) are baggy all over. I only have 1 pair of size 10 pants. Guess I will wear baggy clothes for a while I LOVE IP!!!
You have lots of fun camping and boating this weekend. We went camping last week and had so much fun. I never thought about having to shop for things like waders. Oh, the problems we must face when losing weight. LOL! Congratulations!

I love my IP family! Thank you all for being part of my life!

Last edited by Lace and Levis; 05-17-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #77  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Breakfast I'm good and I'm usually fine until Lunch. From Lunch until dinner I cannot stop thinking about eating. For instance, today, I ate chili with 1c bell peppers and garlic. Then about 30 minutes later I had a salad with oil/salt/dash. I couldn't shake the snacky, so I drank an EAS shake. I'll probably have another cup of veggies around 2/2:30 and dinner is going to be around 7 tonight and a snack at 8.

Maybe I have too long of a break between meals... not sure. I know its in my head, because I'm really NOT hungry, but I just want to eat. Just keep swimming... right?
Honestly, it sounds like you have a pretty long break between lunch & dinner - at least from my perspective and personal preference. I had to swap my dinner & snack times and I HAVE to eat every 4 hours or else I really feel it. I tried doing the bfast/lunch/dinner/snack and it just didn't work for me, there was too much time between lunch & dinner and I ended up stuffing in a snack I wasn't hungry for right before bedtime, when I really needed the energy and food for my late afternoon lag.

I'm "lucky" in that I have a pretty regular routine and work schedule. I wake up a little after 7am and eat breakfast@8am, lunch@12pm, snack@4pm, dinner@8pm - a hot cup of herbal tea at 10pm settles me in for a 10:30pm bedtime. Rinse and repeat. I also have a walk to the park with my son after my 4pm snack (although parktime is getting pushed back with the heat!), so I really do need that fuel.

Last edited by LizRR; 05-17-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #78  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Have fun on that bike (if it works out). I too used to ride when I was younger, it started out off road trail bikes to Harley road riding with my ex. He used to flat track race so we went all over the US racing for a number of years. I love the smell of Castrol motoroil and the throaty purr of a big twin Harely.
My SV is a v-twin but in a sport bike body (Suzuki SV650S 2006 model), and DH mentions, frequently, how um, "appreciative" he is that I know what a Torx socket is vs. a Hex and that I'm not afraid to get dirty with either of our bikes (used to work at a Jiffy Lube in my "younger" days).

Quote:
Good news about the bike. Awesome news about being assertive/confident. "Cookies" are an awesome reward! I know I've changed gears with my weight loss and wanted to bake more. My partner still isn't very interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'll have to try your 'blender coffee w chocolate drink' idea. I've been drinking decaf - or before that a blend of half decaf/half caf for so long I'm not sure what would happen to me if I loaded up on fully caffeinated.
This talk about 'cookies' reminds me that I recently read in one of the diet-related books I've been reading that 'making cookies' is a very good thing to do to promote weight loss. It triggers a hormone in our brain which makes us feel good... and relieves our stress. It also uses up more calories than just 'resting' - depending on how energetically you 'make cookies' you could use up quite a few calories. So we should all get down to 'making cookies' more frequently.
I'm now trying to figure out what veggies to grow... I bought a jalapeno pepper plant, and a regular pepper plant, and I got seeds for spinach, regular green loose-leaf lettuce, and green onions.
I've been watching YouTube videos about growing veggies in containers, etc., and it's amazing how much you can grow in just one big container. I've left my two big 24" inch diameter containers empty so far - just have the soil ready for planting - they're about 18" deep and each have a water reservoir in them to help with keeping the contents at a stable water level. Excellent for beans, tomatoes, peppers, etc. And I need to get still another big round container, but less deep to use for my salad veggie planter - lettuce/spinach - those don't have deep roots and anything with about a 8" depth will work just fine.
Sorry this turned into such a long missive... I got a little carried away with my garden talk.
Yeah, unfortunately my "cookie baking" has been stalled out due to life being a little hectic right now, but I know "eventually" it'll calm down enough to get a whole "batch" going lol! Let me know how the container garden goes with the peppers. I really want to plant some but my biggest container is only about 14" across and 12" deep, so I think that'd be too small?

Quote:
I made it to my weekly goal and squeaked into the 300's, by a fat 5.6 # Chiuaua!
Congrats! Before you know it you will have misplaced a pitbull!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
WOW!!! You are on top of the world today, how exciting! Thank you for sharing your cheerfulness with all of us. It boosted my day! All of this talk about "baking cookies" is making me want to start baking when my hubby gets home.
I love my IP family! Thank you all for being part of my life!
Sometimes I can't help myself!

~And icing on the cake, I GOT MY SIGNATURE LINE TODAY!!!!!! *JUMP JUMP JUMP*
Old 05-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #79  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:

I heard no screams and giggles so I assume naked was not involved with your weigh in. You are doing so good. You have a lot to be proud of.

No screams or giggles necessary, the only clothes I took off were my sneakers, and I emptied a few pounds of stuff out of my pockets. You'd probably laugh if you saw all the things in my pockets. I should weigh it all and take a photo for laughs.

I did get a haircut on the way to WI and asked my coach to take a new photo and to email me the old one and today's which I will share here.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Can someone tell me- I've been looking through a lot of the recipes and a bunch of them use two packets of IP. So I'm assuming you split it and make it two portions, right?
Yes, two portions.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #81  

Quote:
No screams or giggles necessary, the only clothes I took off were my sneakers, and I emptied a few pounds of stuff out of my pockets. You'd probably laugh if you saw all the things in my pockets. I should weigh it all and take a photo for laughs.

I did get a haircut on the way to WI and asked my coach to take a new photo and to email me the old one and today's which I will share here.

It took me so long to post that after I was done I saw your WI. You did AWESOME!!! I'm sure it was the haircut that made the big difference for your WI. Ha Ha!! Your pockets sound like my husbands only he kept putting it all in my purse. Now I have a small tiny purse that only holds my limited things. He now lugs his things around in his pockets. I look forward to seeing your before and current pictures. Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #82  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all.

Today is my WI #5, hope for a loss.

Wuv, as usual always glad to hear from you.
Wendy, keep up the good work.
Pretty, GREAT WI, awesome.
Mama, stay off the scale, you can fluctuate daily.
USMC, hoorah, let's hope for a big #
Dakin, step on out of your comfort zone with the white jeans, you are looking good
dizzy, hope you have a great WI

Whew, gotta get to work now, have a great OP day all.

Smooches!
Woohoo, down another 3#. So far I have lost 28.5 lbs in 5 weeks
Old 05-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
It took me so long to post that after I was done I saw your WI. You did AWESOME!!! I'm sure it was the haircut that made the big difference for your WI. Ha Ha!! Your pockets sound like my husbands only he kept putting it all in my purse. Now I have a small tiny purse that only holds my limited things. He now lugs his things around in his pockets. I look forward to seeing your before and current pictures. Have a wonderful day!
I just read last evenings posts and saw that your pet died as well as some people close to you. I am truly sorry for your losses.
I have three small dogs and they are my family.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #84  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Congratulations to all who have lost weight this week that is awesome!!

Yesterday I did not bother with dinner and had an IP packet instead after zumba class... The scale finally moved in the desired direction . I think what I need to do is have my heavier meals earlier in the day and have a light meal in the evening.

My NSV yesterday was that it was the 1st time since starting IP that I took an exercise class. I was worried I would be too tired afterward but felt great.

Today I started with a heavier breakfast. usually I have the chocolate drink mixed in with my coffee. I had the Herb & cheese omelette with 2 egg whites for breakfast, for lunch I had my 'dinner' - its salmon day with kale chips (lettuce will be later). I wanted to take a yoga class but missed it because I had to drive my husband in to work so I did the elliptical for 30 mins and then did part of the circuit.

I still have to pick up the produce from the food co op and will see what things from the box I can have. It makes for interesting cooking!

I also found drinking my water earlier in the day helps to stave off the hunger pangs that I usually get at about 3P..

Weigh in is tomorrow and I hope it will be a good one!

Enjoy the rest of the day!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #85  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I made it to my weekly goal and squeaked into the 300's, by a fat 5.6 # Chiuaua!

I need to work again this week on getting in my veggies and drinking enough water. My coach was great. I walked in and she hit me with a couple of nice complements. She was right too the measurements showed another inch down in my chest and my belly. I also need to work on eating only one restricted a day. I'm not sure about you all but I still need a mid morning snack, I bought extra vanilla and chocolate shakes, I love them and they are quick and easy. I think that is why I will pull out a protein bar or another restricted snack because doesn't need a trip to the stove or microwave. I also added the wild berry yogurt drink, pretty good at only 4 carbs. Two of my FB friends went to an informational meeting at the clinic I go to. I don't know who yet but I am excited about that. It is nice to know others will be joining us on this IP journey. A cool bonus which I was not aware of was a free box for every referral who joins. My coach sent me away with a box of wild berry yogurt drink mix today even though they've not joined yet. Sweet!
Congrats, you are really rocking and rolling, what a motivation you are :-)

Smooches
Old 05-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #86  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:

I need to work again this week on getting in my veggies and drinking enough water. My coach was great. I walked in and she hit me with a couple of nice complements. She was right too the measurements showed another inch down in my chest and my belly. I also need to work on eating only one restricted a day. I'm not sure about you all but I still need a mid morning snack, I bought extra vanilla and chocolate shakes, I love them and they are quick and easy. I think that is why I will pull out a protein bar or another restricted snack because doesn't need a trip to the stove or microwave. I also added the wild berry yogurt drink, pretty good at only 4 carbs. Two of my FB friends went to an informational meeting at the clinic I go to. I don't know who yet but I am excited about that. It is nice to know others will be joining us on this IP journey. A cool bonus which I was not aware of was a free box for every referral who joins. My coach sent me away with a box of wild berry yogurt drink mix today even though they've not joined yet. Sweet!

You are too funny !! Congrats on your loss! Chihuahua!!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 258.5/203/175

Height: 5'10

Default Buying smaller clothes is addicting

First of all, I love this site. It's so very motivating and inspiring. I have been on I.P since January 4 and I'm down 55 pounds. I still have some weight to lose so I dont want to spend too much money on clothes and I'm tired of wearing yoga pants everywhere I go. I have fallen in love with consignment stores especially Platos Closet. Who knows, I may even shop at these stores after I reach my goal.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I just read last evenings posts and saw that your pet died as well as some people close to you. I am truly sorry for your losses.
I have three small dogs and they are my family.
Thank you for your sympathy. Your little doggie in your photo looks really cute. What is she/he?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #89  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa07 View Post
First of all, I love this site. It's so very motivating and inspiring. I have been on I.P since January 4 and I'm down 55 pounds. I still have some weight to lose so I dont want to spend too much money on clothes and I'm tired of wearing yoga pants everywhere I go. I have fallen in love with consignment stores especially Platos Closet. Who knows, I may even shop at these stores after I reach my goal.
Congrats on the loss! I have loose clothes but am afraid to shop. there are days when I feel yesss I have lost then I look in the mirror and realize I am getting better but I must get to goal!

I have a friend who is also on IP and will shop in her closet as she slims down.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #90  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

You're in the 300s!!! Way to go!!

-----------------------------

I think I've created a gardening monster. Just got back from the garden centre, with seedling plants for cucumbers (some variety that's supposed to be good in small places); zucchini; a tomato plant (supposed to be a variety that's specially good for salsa... had no idea there was such a thing); 3 containers of coriander (for salsa); and two versions of lettuce that I'd think will be big enough for eating within 2-3 weeks. Plus two more big bags of container potting mix and three more containers for all this stuff. Oh well.... I'm enjoying myself.

Also was at Walmart while I was out and found Pure Protein Vanilla Creme Shakes! Picked up two 4-packs of them, and just had one as I'm running late and this is lunch. It is seriously good! I put it in my single serving blender with a few ice cubes and let it blend for a few seconds.... a delicious, frothy shake! Lovin' it. Sweetened with sucralose and only 100 cals, 0.5g fat, 2 net carbs, 1 g sugar, and 21 g protein. This is definitely a keeper. No wonder I've read other 'alternative product' folks on here say they like this one. Yummy. It's definitely replacing the Atkins RTD I was using before. Taster and more IP compatible.
Closed Thread