Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Good morning,
Yesterday was my first weigh in down 7.5 pounds. But today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound!! I was feeling amazing yesterday, lots of energy. Now today I'm just bummed out. I didn't change anything yesterday compared to any other day.
This is EXACTLY why we say don't get on the scale daily....your body does crazy stuff. I have challenged a few people to stay off of the scale for 2 weeks and ONLY get on at their WI's and then they are surprised and NOT STRESSED because of the DAILY numbers. If you are following the program then there is no need to "check" to see if you are losing because YOU ARE, if not in weight, you are in inches. TRUST the program it works!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjaelou View Post
Well, 4 months, 15 weigh in's, and 43 pounds later... I met my goal this morning at my weigh-in! I am so excited. I've been reading all of the information on the phase 3, and will probably start that Saturday (need to go shopping!), and also getting my hands wrapped around Phase 4. I am so thankful for this website, it has been a tremendous help to me. Here are my before and after pics.
Congrats to you and all of your hard work. You look amazing and very happy. I wish you continued success in Maintenance

Good morning everyone, AMAZING weigh in's this morning being reported, make sure you are posting them in the Spring challenge spreadsheet. Its great to see all of the losses there. Its a sunny day here in the southern state of Mississippi so it should be a good day to take the beach route when taking the passengers back to the airport to go back to Kansas!...Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Does the "I'm always snacky" feeling EVER go away? I've been IP for two weeks and I really feel like I'm going crazy every day because I can't stop feeling snacky. Yesterday was horrible for it and I ate SO much lettuce I think I'm going to turn into a head of romaine.

Please, please, please tell me it will pass soon.
Are you drinking enough water? That is huge for me. Also my snacky feeling was because of my poor habits that I had allowed myself to get into. It does get better!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #63  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy IPeeps! It's been getting hotter and hotter here in Plano, TX - I usually take my 22-month old son to the park every day at ~4:30/5ish, but it's been steadily pushed later and later. We are now heading out at ~6pm! Luckily it's still nice out at that time, but I have a feeling we will be mall walking if it gets any hotter. We can't leave any later or dinner time would be too big a crunch. We live next to a beautiful creekside jogging trail with our favorite shady park he usually has to himself, at least the mall by our house has a new play area he can enjoy. It's way easier to just go out the front door to the trail and walk, I'll just have to get a new routine going since it is going to get HOT UP IN HERE!

So, I occasionally weigh myself at home to keep myself honest, I'm not very emotional about daily fluctuations, but I was at a "stall" the past 10 days or so where I had no losses. I knew that TOM was going to be a factor and I've been expecting some type of slowdown as the weeks went by so I wasn't too surprised. But then this morning I woke up to a -1.6lb loss on my home scale - we'll see what tomorrow at 1pm brings at my "official" weigh-in. I'm a little relieved though - only because my home scale was stuck at EXACTLY 170.0 for 10 days and honestly, I've been waiting to see a 160-something number, even if it was at home - since I haven't seen that decade since my wedding (my "smallest" size ever, which didn't last too long). Seeing 168.4 this morning was internally satisfying - although I know I won't be reporting that "officially"...at least not yet...that's the beauty of IP - I know I just need to stick to my sheet and good things will come!

Last edited by LizRR; 05-17-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #64  

2nd WI: Lost 4 pounds, and 4 more inches! 12 weeks and 12 inches! Yeah! Happy Dance!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjaelou View Post
Well, 4 months, 15 weigh in's, and 43 pounds later... I met my goal this morning at my weigh-in! I am so excited. I've been reading all of the information on the phase 3, and will probably start that Saturday (need to go shopping!), and also getting my hands wrapped around Phase 4. I am so thankful for this website, it has been a tremendous help to me. Here are my before and after pics.
Way to go! And. . . . you look beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to be joining you there next week!
Keep going! You look great!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #65  

WHOAAAAAAA - lots of space in that one - Sorry!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 180.6/161.4/130

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I really love this site. Its nice to know I'm not alone on this journey.

Last edited by mama21; 05-17-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #67  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I made it to my weekly goal and squeaked into the 300's, by a fat 5.6 # Chiuaua!

I need to work again this week on getting in my veggies and drinking enough water. My coach was great. I walked in and she hit me with a couple of nice complements. She was right too the measurements showed another inch down in my chest and my belly. I also need to work on eating only one restricted a day. I'm not sure about you all but I still need a mid morning snack, I bought extra vanilla and chocolate shakes, I love them and they are quick and easy. I think that is why I will pull out a protein bar or another restricted snack because doesn't need a trip to the stove or microwave. I also added the wild berry yogurt drink, pretty good at only 4 carbs. Two of my FB friends went to an informational meeting at the clinic I go to. I don't know who yet but I am excited about that. It is nice to know others will be joining us on this IP journey. A cool bonus which I was not aware of was a free box for every referral who joins. My coach sent me away with a box of wild berry yogurt drink mix today even though they've not joined yet. Sweet!

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-17-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to a new century on the scale!!!
Awesome job!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #69  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Does the "I'm always snacky" feeling EVER go away? I've been IP for two weeks and I really feel like I'm going crazy every day because I can't stop feeling snacky. Yesterday was horrible for it and I ate SO much lettuce I think I'm going to turn into a head of romaine.

Please, please, please tell me it will pass soon.
Well, to be honest it took me about 3 weeks to get over my snack attacks. Some of it for me was in my head and another part was getting into a proper eating schedule and figuring out the right strategies because I was still hungry when I stuck to the straight bfast-IP/lunch-IP+2c veggies/dinner-8oz protein+2c veggies/snack-IP.

It wasn't until week 3/4 when "the routine" finally set in and I didn't have to think about it all the time. It's good you are using your "free lettuce" to help fill up the need. Think about when/why you are getting "snacky" and work on figuring out some strategies so you can stay strong and do this in the long haul.

Are you feeling truly hungry or is it in your head? Is it at a certain time, do you need a bigger breakfast or snack? Don't be afraid to shuffle some of the items to fit your bodies needs since we all have different schedules, rhythms, etc. Just make sure you have 3 IP packets, 4 cups veggies, 8 oz protein, and your required supplements, oil, & salt every day.

For me I find that splitting up my 4 cups veggies through all 4 meals in the day helped me out. I also have my dinner last, instead of my snack. It fits in better with my schedule and along with a nightly hot cup of tea I no longer feel the need to snack late into the night. Some folks also split up some of their 8oz protein between lunch & dinner.

The first 2 weeks I took advantage of the "2 free egg whites/day" at breakfast because I was still feeling hungry (now I "indulge" in 2 egg whites/day on the weekends as a treat - Crispy Cereal Pancakes!).

Go through your food journal, and try noting some of your hungry snackie attackies. With a little time and a few tweaks you will be smooth sailing! Just make it through these first few weeks! You are doing great!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Congrats!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #71  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Welcome to a new century on the scale!!!
Awesome job!
Thanks Teach! I really appreciate all of the great information and the wonderful support I get here. I actually posted here before telling anyone else.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Can someone tell me- I've been looking through a lot of the recipes and a bunch of them use two packets of IP. So I'm assuming you split it and make it two portions, right?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Are you drinking enough water? That is huge for me. Also my snacky feeling was because of my poor habits that I had allowed myself to get into. It does get better!
Oh yes, lots and lots of water. About 5-6L a day.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #74  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I made it to my weekly goal and squeaked into the 300's, by a fat 5.6 # Chiuaua!
AWESOME!!! Good for you!

Last edited by 0ojoyo0; 05-17-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Well, to be honest it took me about 3 weeks to get over my snack attacks. Some of it for me was in my head and another part was getting into a proper eating schedule and figuring out the right strategies because I was still hungry when I stuck to the straight bfast-IP/lunch-IP+2c veggies/dinner-8oz protein+2c veggies/snack-IP.

It wasn't until week 3/4 when "the routine" finally set in and I didn't have to think about it all the time. It's good you are using your "free lettuce" to help fill up the need. Think about when/why you are getting "snacky" and work on figuring out some strategies so you can stay strong and do this in the long haul.

Are you feeling truly hungry or is it in your head? Is it at a certain time, do you need a bigger breakfast or snack? Don't be afraid to shuffle some of the items to fit your bodies needs since we all have different schedules, rhythms, etc. Just make sure you have 3 IP packets, 4 cups veggies, 8 oz protein, and your required supplements, oil, & salt every day.

For me I find that splitting up my 4 cups veggies through all 4 meals in the day helped me out. I also have my dinner last, instead of my snack. It fits in better with my schedule and along with a nightly hot cup of tea I no longer feel the need to snack late into the night. Some folks also split up some of their 8oz protein between lunch & dinner.

The first 2 weeks I took advantage of the "2 free egg whites/day" at breakfast because I was still feeling hungry (now I "indulge" in 2 egg whites/day on the weekends as a treat - Crispy Cereal Pancakes!).

Go through your food journal, and try noting some of your hungry snackie attackies. With a little time and a few tweaks you will be smooth sailing! Just make it through these first few weeks! You are doing great!!!!
Breakfast I'm good and I'm usually fine until Lunch. From Lunch until dinner I cannot stop thinking about eating. For instance, today, I ate chili with 1c bell peppers and garlic. Then about 30 minutes later I had a salad with oil/salt/dash. I couldn't shake the snacky, so I drank an EAS shake. I'll probably have another cup of veggies around 2/2:30 and dinner is going to be around 7 tonight and a snack at 8.

Maybe I have too long of a break between meals... not sure. I know its in my head, because I'm really NOT hungry, but I just want to eat. Just keep swimming... right?
Closed Thread