Can I do it?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey Everybody!
    I am a 29 year old mom to a 1 year old little boy.
    I gained 70lbs when pregnant and a year (& many diet attempts) later I am still carrying 35lbs of it.
    I am a life long yo-yo dieter and simply can't do it any longer. I made an appointment for an IP consult but I am scared that once again I will just pay hundreds and not have the motivation to do it.
    I am 180lbs, very unhappy, and now have 0 self esteem. I dedicate my life to making sure my family is taken care of and never take time to take care of me.
    Can I do this?
    And on a side note, is the lost really as extreme & awesome as it sounds? When I called they said I could possibly loose 25 lbs by a wedding that I am dreading on July 24th.
    Thank you everyone - and for what I read, congratulations to a lot of you!
  • Quote: Hey Everybody!
    I gained 70lbs when pregnant and a year (& many diet attempts) later I am still carrying 35lbs of it.
    I am a life long yo-yo dieter and simply can't do it any longer. I made an appointment for an IP consult but I am scared that once again I will just pay hundreds and not have the motivation to do it.
    I am 180lbs, very unhappy, and now have 0 self esteem. I dedicate my life to making sure my family is taken care of and never take time to take care of me.
    Can I do this?
    And on a side note, is the lost really as extreme & awesome as it sounds? When I called they said I could possibly loose 25 lbs by a wedding that I am dreading on July 24th.
    Yes, you can do it. Most of us are (were) probably yo-yo dieters until we found IP. Keep reading back over the Daily Chats and you will see what others have been able to do. We are here for you.

• 25 lbs for July 24 is doable! For sure you can do it!

Only the first week was extreme for me, I was ready to crawl the walls. Once your in Ketosis, its all smooth sailing IMO.

Just don't cheat and you can achieve your goal!!!!
  • Where are you in AB Protein Girl?
    I am also in AB.
  • Quote: Hey Everybody!
    Can I do this?
    You can do it. I hit 470 at my highest, It was very depressing, I've felt great the last 7 or so weeks on IP. Honestly the first week was tough but totally worth it. I was just tired coming off the carbs. You are worth it. I have hope now that I have discovered IP and 3fc as my vehicle for weight loss.
  • Thanks for your support. Back in 2008 I lost a bunch of weight using LA Weight Loss & 3FC … it was really 3FC that got me through that DIET.
  • I found that I did way better when I HAD to pay for a program. It keeps me accountable and since we already struggle with our budget, I had to stick to it. I did not let that money go to waste! I spent a lot of money to get started and that kept me motivated.
    You can do this!!! Keep checking in here!
  • Of course you can do it! You just need to set the standard that this is what you want and stick to it! The first week is the worst, make sure you have enough things to keep you busy and dont cheat! I am in my 3rd week and have lost 9 pounds my first 2 weeks! It is a seriously amazing diet! Just hold yourself accountable and you can easily lose the weight by the wedding in July!

Good Luck!
  • Just noticed your screen name. My Jack is 9. Do it for him. All you need to do is start and take it a day at a time.
  • I'm a mother to three young kids, so I completely understand. I've stopped living MY life the past five and a half years for THEM. Now I'm on IP for ME! You deserve to be healthy. One step at a time
  • Quote: I'm a mother to three young kids, so I completely understand. I've stopped living MY life the past five and a half years for THEM. Now I'm on IP for ME! You deserve to be healthy. One step at a time
    This is me!!! My oldest is 5 and my little one is 3. Every minute is devoted to your children and husband and house. My excuse was I don't have time, I work 30 hrs a week, etc....

You CAN do this. You are not alone.
  • YES! You can do this! You will be amazed at your weight loss. It won't always be easy (no diet is). But it is doable and you have this awesome group of people who will walk besides you and root you on!

I understand the weight gain after kids. I never lost the "after baby" weight since my last child - and he's ten years old!! I finally got sick of making excuses and decided to make the necessary changes. I felt like I owed it to myself (and my kids & hubby) to get healthy and I am on that road now.

It is SO worth it!!!! All the best to you.
  • You can really do it! I'm a newbie and have only had 2 WI's, but I've lost 9 pounds, so that's good.
    My Jack is 22. He was my last of 4.
    You can win with this diet!
  • Quote: Where are you in AB Protein Girl?
    I am also in AB.
    I am also in Ab, in fort mc!

You can do it. Commit to 4 weeks. You will be sold after 1!
  • Quote: I am also in Ab, in fort mc!

You can do it. Commit to 4 weeks. You will be sold after 1!
    I'm in Fort Mac too!