Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Just checking in - and am so excited by everyone's losses! Way to go-

Mooselover - love your pics - you look great!

Have to share a NSV: My friend who is a single mother and has a 10 year old and a 13 year was diagnoses with breast cancer about 2 months ago. She had been watching her breasts since November of last year. So was hopeful with the surgery, it was caught early. She had a double mastectomy, and in the course of everything found there was a small amount of cancer in her lymphnodes. She then had to undergo a petscan, etc., They found a spot on her bones. She had that biopsied on Monday. Life took a very a sad turn for her, and she was just hoping she could get her children raised. Well today her doctor called her, and the biopsy was clear!! It isn't in her bones - Thank God for answered prayers. A very joyous day here!!
Fantastic news, I am sure y'all are very overwhelmed right now. Keeping everyone in my prayers
Old 05-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Thanks 2ride. I've been following you maintainers and I'm being very weary of my habits as I enter maintenance. I know it's not going to be easy. I don't think we realized how difficult it was going to be out of ketosis and the cravings come back.. It was much easier to resist in ketosis. Anyways, you've done great! You can do this. Thank you again for putting things into prespective. I can see how going back to phase 1 is going to be difficult after being in maintenance for a while. I already don't want to go back
Hi Cassie,
What a journey this is! So much to learn. Have you looked at The Carb Sensitivity book? I'm going to pre-order it - delivery is sometime in August unless you get the e-book. Please keep letting us know how things are going in maintenance. I'm only in phase 3 for vacation phase off and then in 3 weeks I'm back to phase 1 till I reach goal, probably 2-3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Nope, they're different products. Florilax is to be taken more regularly than the Novilax which should only be used for shorter periods of time ie during the cleanse because apparently your body can adapt to it over time.
Jen,
Love your new pic! Re Florilax, can you tell us what's in them?

thanks!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

From what I can see it's psyillium, oat bran and flaxseed. So more natural stuff. You can actually buy floralax (I spelled it wrong, sorry!) from all kinds of providers, even though IP makes their own type, but of course check with your coach first.

It has seriously been a lifesaver for my SIL who was having a terrible time.

And thanks for the kind words re my new pic!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Dealing with the big "C", my coach told me to use sugar free metamucil, but I found an all natural fiber supplement with 3 calories and no sugar. It is like ground up bran, and gritty but I don't mind that texture. I like very earthy things. It is psyillium husk. It is by konsyl.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Just checking in - and am so excited by everyone's losses! Way to go-

Mooselover - love your pics - you look great!

Have to share a NSV: My friend who is a single mother and has a 10 year old and a 13 year was diagnoses with breast cancer about 2 months ago. She had been watching her breasts since November of last year. So was hopeful with the surgery, it was caught early. She had a double mastectomy, and in the course of everything found there was a small amount of cancer in her lymphnodes. She then had to undergo a petscan, etc., They found a spot on her bones. She had that biopsied on Monday. Life took a very a sad turn for her, and she was just hoping she could get her children raised. Well today her doctor called her, and the biopsy was clear!! It isn't in her bones - Thank God for answered prayers. A very joyous day here!!
This truly is a blessing, this story sounds just like my deceased sisters story but she did not get the "good news", hers had spread to the bones and she died last August. I am so relieved for your friend!! God is definately working miracles here!! Bless her and thank you for sharing her good news!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hi All and happy Wednesday!

Good to read your posts and encouragement from others.

I seem to be super hungry today, which is probably boredom so here I am nosing around on the IP threads. I went ahead and ate my lunch at 11:00. I sure hope I don't pay for that later this afternoon...I still have some vegetables and salad to tide me over. I have some chicken breast marinating in the fridge at home so looking forward to grilling that tonight for my dinner. I sure have "food on the brain" today.
I just want to share a thought regarding maintenance for myself with others. I am going to be on a restricted carb food program the rest of my life. I have proven over and over that I cannot handle refined carbs (they send me totally over the edge with cravings) and I know I am as afraid of them as I am to crack. I was wondering if when your pancreas gets reset if you where supposed to be able to handle them again. It is very interesting reading about the people here in maintenance (phase 4) and hearing of their struggles. I realize my weight will forever be something I need to be vigilant about. I have proven to myself that if I stay away from the grains and sugars I seem to be able to keep it in check.
Just my two cents worth for today, thanks for listening to me.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #67  
start IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 235/195/175

Height: 5'8"

Back from my fist WI and hada 7 pound lost. Onto to week two, actutally finding it easy to follow.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #68  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakecathy View Post
Back from my fist WI and hada 7 pound lost. Onto to week two, actutally finding it easy to follow.
WOOHOO!!...congrats all of that hard first week paid off for you...onto week 2 now!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #69  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Good Afternoon ALL!

Well pretty great WI for me! 1st offical week down of P3 no gain, no loss BUT.... I'm down 1%BF and lost 1 inch! So i'm excited about that! On to week 2 of P3 and then on to HOME....WA baby!!! so excited i cant stand it! lol But even more, i'm excited to get back on P1 and lose lose lose!!! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Cassie,
What a journey this is! So much to learn. Have you looked at The Carb Sensitivity book? I'm going to pre-order it - delivery is sometime in August unless you get the e-book. Please keep letting us know how things are going in maintenance. I'm only in phase 3 for vacation phase off and then in 3 weeks I'm back to phase 1 till I reach goal, probably 2-3 months.
Chloe, Look at that ticker move!! It will fly by after your vacation, too! I havent looked into that book but I will. I can add it on my Nook. You should read "Lean Secrets" by Brenda Turner. She's very down to earth and focuses on clean eating (which involves low carb) and exercise. It's a good read! It is only available as PDF though. If you have an e-reader you can use that though.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #71  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

Good morning everyone, Just got back from my 54 week WI and down another pound. For some reason I am back to the one pound loses, seems like I have been in the 230's forever now....lol. Some of you know that my cousin is also on this with me but he is having problems staying OP since Thanksgiving. He got off then and has never recovered. Last week he loss 4lbs but this week GAINED 5lbs. I told him on the way home that if he is NOT going to stick to it 100% then stop all together. You are doing hurtful things to your body and this is why you are always tired. Your body is telling you what it needs, it doesn't need that FRIED FOOD or that hamburger. I told him he is wasting his money, I love you but to see you doing this to yourself is uncalled for. Just stop the program all together and when you decide you want to LIVE instead of DIE let me know. Yes, I gave him TOUGH love, he has congestive Heart Failure. He is 46 yrs old, I have tried since last August to get him to follow which he did. From August to November he loss 50lbs!! you would think that would of been enough to keep him going but NO. He told me today that he needs a goal to make him stick too it. I told him not being tired and staying alive isn't goal enough for you? He said I guess not, so I just shook my head and said I don't understand, you are on your own now. I wash my hands. Y'all ALL know that I am not a negative person BUT this is like beating my head against the wall and I can't do it anymore. If he doesn't want the help I can't make him do it. So I don't know if he will stay with it or not, at this point I don't care anymore what he does. Sorry for the LONG POST but I had to rant, I am upset that he doesn't want to do this!
I'm surprised they havent kicked him off the progam if he's cheating. I was told absolutly no cheating or they will kick you off the program! Scared the pee right out of me and have never cheated lol.. i cant lie anyway but still..
Old 05-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #72  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Nope, they're different products. Florilax is to be taken more regularly than the Novilax which should only be used for shorter periods of time ie during the cleanse because apparently your body can adapt to it over time.
It is sold as a seperate product and my coach used it daily for 6 months and i use it all the time. Have had no trouble.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #73  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).
Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment.
My nephew is now 24 years old, and has full downs, has a JOB, finished school and also participates in the Special Olympics every year! He has thrived beyone everyone's wildest dreams. His parents took full advantage of every non-profit, orginzations, and benefit known to man. He's the happiest guy and now has a girl friend.. they are so cute! But there is always something. I used to work for a Non-profit for people living with disabilities and it was the most reward job i have ever had. It really hit home (especially since my Uncle was my neighbor lol) But the opportunties they created for parents and people like your daughter and my nephew are amazing. If you want i can give you the companies information and see if they know of other companies/orgainizations in NJ that could help you and your daughters future. Let me know! Great WI today!! Yay you!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 251/223/200

Congratulations all of you with WIs today ! Although I weigh in tomorrow Ihad a NSV ~I was rushed this morning and ironed my capris and was running down the stairs when I noticed my capris were hanging around my thighs!! YEAHH - Eventhough I have lost 28lbs I was still able to wear my clothes (very lose-of course)
Mom had sent over some of her bigger clothes & I put on a pair of her capris --16 There is no W after the number! Woohoo - I can shop in the regular sizes! (But not yet- still want to lose more!!)
I just needed to share that
Old 05-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Hang in there Cadu! We are all here for you.
I have a bit of frustration myself. Not sure if Rissimo is around today but I know she had this same issue. My body is now holding on to the weight and not losing like before. I will be up 1 lb. then back down then up 2 lbs then back down......I am afraid I have met the big P word- plateau! I am trying to stay positive in knowing that it will eventually go down (I would hope) but somewhat bummed because I will not meet my next mini goal I set for myself by June 15, when I leave on my cruise. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on what to do? I am trying to eat some different foods (OP) but to no avail. It has been this way for 2 weeks.

I'm here. We can't let our bodies get the best of us, we have come way too far!! We are in control not it. Yes it is very frustrating watching the scale move upward, but we knew that it was going to happen eventually. I had even talke to Lisa about jumping to phase 3 for two weeks to try and jump start my system like she did if I gained more on the last weigh in. Thank Goodness it decided to go down. Don't let it get to you, it will finally give up when it realizes that we are not giving up. I tried switching things up a bit the past week to see if that helped any. For Bfast I had my bar and coffee, for lunch I made chicken salador tuna and then I cut a bell pepper in half and put my chicken or tuna salad in it and then had cucumbers as well. Then for dinner I had a RTD and veggies. I don't know if switching when I had my protein helped or not but I did lose that time. We know what to do, we know that it can be done and we know we CAN do it.
Closed Thread