Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Good morning all.

Cadu, your post certainly helps put things in perspective. I can appreciate your concern about your daughter's future, but do feel that your love and the knowledge you're accumulating about her best options will guide you in the right direction(s).

Well... today was WI #7 for me. And I am not happy! I'm only down
-0.6 lbs. Weight today is 193.8lbs. I did sneak a peek at the scales on Monday am and I was at 193.2...at that point it seemed my plan to not eat bars for a few days was having results, so I kept with it yesterday as well. But I was rather preoccupied yesterday with my gardening, errands, etc., and I sort of lost track of my water intake... I thought I caught up, but maybe I didn't drink quite as much as usual... maybe I'm retaining water slightly? I do feel rather bloaty.

Anyway.... I missed my 3pm protein bar, so I think I'll go back to having it! LOL.

I am chuffed though, because my Omron results show that my overall body fat % has decreased by 3% since I started in late March; my skeletal muscle percentage has increased by 2%; BMI is down 1.75; and in the 'body age' category I've added 3 years to my life.

It's an overcast day here in Central Ontario, Canada... looks like rain is on the agenda today. In fact... I hear it starting now.

I hope everyone has a good OP day. Keep strong. Cheers.
Good morning all,

Eve: I had a busy weekend 2 weeks ago, when I was doing lots of walking at Sea World & Blueberry Festival back to back days. It was very hot and I drank my normal water intake, and I had a gain of 1.3. I really think I overdid it with all the walking in the heat and should had drank more water.
This week I had an almost 4 lb. drop

Keep doing what you are doing, it will go back down.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #32  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!
I left a question on yesterday's thread and asked Wuv for her input. It's important that all of us see it because we will all get to phase 3 at some point and it seems the protocol isn't quite clear at phases 3 and 4. I cut and pasted the response here.

Please chime in if you have info on this or if seeing your coach today and want to ask her/him these questions and report back here.

Originally Posted by Chloe222
Wuv,
Can you advise us?
1. Are we still in ketosis in phase 3?
2. Is a bedtime snack requred still in phase 3?
3. With working out, Cassie needs to add that extra packet - in phase 3 also?

Thanks for your help!

1. I believe we are still in Ketosis but not 100% sure. I do know when I went from phase 3 after 2 weeks back to phase 1 I didn't have any withdrawals. We haven't added enough carbs back into our diet yet. So I would say we are till in it.

2. The ONLY packet on phase 3 that you have is your snack, rather you choose to have it in the afternoon or evening is up to you. But YES it is required and should be an unrestricted.

3. If she is working out I would add another packet OR eat some type of protein. Just because she is burning a lot of calories that need to be replaced.

Now I am no coach or anything but this is how I would handle it if it was me. This is STRICTLY my opinion, I am sure others will chime in as well.

Phase 3 is when we are reawaking our pancreas so yes we are no longer in ketosis... and as Cassie says, I did get info from my coach and there is quite a lot of info in there. Phase 4 is more the gray issue where it isn't real clear. I have been in maintenance since Nov and not that sucessful. It is real hard to maintain... I am hoping it gets better. I am/was confused about what are carbs and what are fats and then just kind of slacked off at christmas and am now trying to lose again what I gained back. Don't be afraid of phase 3 it is a goal saying that you have made it through the toughest part and am on your way.
I thought phase 1 was easy and now since being in maintenace which I found hard being back at phase 1 is equally hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).
Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment.
You are doing great, your pictures say so much. You will make the best decisions for your daughter. It is just one of those mornings where we all feel a little sorry for ourselves.. It will pass and you are going to have a great day and night and tomorrow after getting all the information to help your daughter you will look back on this morning and think, hmmm I made it through the day and everything will be okay. Yeah me!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Phase 3 is when we are reawaking our pancreas so yes we are no longer in ketosis... and as Cassie says, I did get info from my coach and there is quite a lot of info in there. Phase 4 is more the gray issue where it isn't real clear. I have been in maintenance since Nov and not that sucessful. It is real hard to maintain... I am hoping it gets better. I am/was confused about what are carbs and what are fats and then just kind of slacked off at christmas and am now trying to lose again what I gained back. Don't be afraid of phase 3 it is a goal saying that you have made it through the toughest part and am on your way.
I thought phase 1 was easy and now since being in maintenace which I found hard being back at phase 1 is equally hard.
Thanks 2ride. I've been following you maintainers and I'm being very weary of my habits as I enter maintenance. I know it's not going to be easy. I don't think we realized how difficult it was going to be out of ketosis and the cravings come back.. It was much easier to resist in ketosis. Anyways, you've done great! You can do this. Thank you again for putting things into prespective. I can see how going back to phase 1 is going to be difficult after being in maintenance for a while. I already don't want to go back
Old 05-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #34  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2laugh View Post
Good Morning all!
I cannot believe it it but I have encountered the BIG "C" - Never have I had that problem. I was desperate - & took Miralax (only thing I had in house)
I've been google it but - Will it put me out of ketosis? I 've been struggling this week with the food (but still OP)- it will kill me not to lose.
What do you think?
Miralax and Novilax are the only things my coach lets us have. I've taken Miralax many times and it did not kick me out of ketisis. My coach did recommend I take more than recommended on the package if the Big C was real bad. Hope it helps.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #35  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Thank you all for your kindness. I love this board and I love all you wonderful people.

Ok just got back from WI and am down 3 pounds.. now... why was I feeling so down this morning?? lol another Jeykle & Hyde momment for me.
Cadu,

Before I got on here this morning I was thinking about how nice you are and what a wonderful person you must be. Then I read your post. Wow, you are an amazing person!!!! Your family is so lucky to have you

Good job on you weight loss. You are doing so awesome Love your pictures too. Such a cute face
Old 05-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Cadu - you set such a wonderful example for your daughter just by being the amazing mom you are. Take much comfort in that - she has a wonderful life because you opened your heart to her. That's pretty amazing stuff. And those progression photos? Incredible! You should be so proud on all fronts!!

evepet - hard to believe but gardening can be killer! Talk to your coach about maybe adding an extra packet (or even half of one) on hard gardening days so that you're not sacrificing lean or retaining water. My SIL is on IP and doing lots of work at our place and that's what she has to do to stay balanced.

DH and I were in Ottawa over the weekend and did a LOT of walking so we each added an extra pack and it made a world of difference. I had a light loss this week (2.2lbs - lots of factors at play) but it was all fat and no lean so that extra pack really helped.

AFM, I'm nutso busy these days and miss not being able to spend as much time here! Work is crazy, we're doing lots of stuff at home around the house, and today is DH's birthday so there's lots involved in that too (fun stuff, but still!). I can't WAIT for the long weekend. Can't.freakin.wait.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Miralax and Novilax are the only things my coach lets us have. I've taken Miralax many times and it did not kick me out of ketisis. My coach did recommend I take more than recommended on the package if the Big C was real bad. Hope it helps.
There's also a product called Florilax that you can get from your coach - it's the one mine prefers across the board for the C issue.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #38  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Good morning everyone. I am looking forward to all the WI posts today. Wednesday is my favorite day on here since there are so many inspiring WI's to look for. I have a busy day with work. It's PAYDAY I will check back in later. Hope everyone has a great day. Keep up the good work and keep posting!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Thank you all for your kindness. I love this board and I love all you wonderful people.

Ok just got back from WI and am down 3 pounds.. now... why was I feeling so down this morning?? lol another Jeykle & Hyde momment for me.
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

That is great!! You are really transforming, can't wait for your new pics!!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #41  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:

HEY, HEY, HEY - Congrats on another 3lb gone forever! You must have had an estrogen rush this morning from all that fat burning!

My 'baby' brother has special needs (he's 35, but will always be my BABY brother!). There are a lot of options out there after aging out of school, it's great you are being proactive and taking the time to find them all out! Just a random question - has your daughter participated in Special Olympics? After he aged out of school my parents involved him in SOTX adult leagues for bowling, track & field, and cycling. It has done wonders by filling a very large social need - after he finished school there was a very lonely lull in his life, now his weekends are packed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great day! I noticed this morning when I put on my regular size 9 work pants this morning that I can pull them off without unbuttoning them!! I Love this feeling Hopefully I can hit my 20 pound goal by June 23rd...at 9 right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed
I have now got that "Pants on The Ground! Pants on The Ground!" song in my head! Be careful, don't want to be "Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!"
Old 05-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 160/155/110

Height: 5'1"

WI #3 tomorrow and kind of nervous. I don't feel like any lighter, and I had a lot of trouble staying OP when I went home for the weekend, but I did it! Anyway, praying the whoosh fairy comes!! I can't believe it has already been three whole weeks. It seems like just yesterday I was telling all of you how my week one WI felt like a year haha

Good luck to everyone who has WIs soon!! And congrats to all of those who already lost!! woohoo IP!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Well after my seriously crabby day yesterday, I am feeling better!!!! I put on a pair of capri's from last summer and they are quite baggy on me!!!! So then I decided to try on a bunch of shirts that have been hanging in my closet not being worn because they were just too tight. I had so much fun, with each shirt being comfortable I was just so happy!!! I am glad I can go shopping in my own closet for transitional clothing!!! I told my husband I am going on a major shopping spree when I get to goal!!!! I was about to throw in the towel yesterday, just so bored with this program, but I can handle boring for awhile when I feel this good about how I am starting to look!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #44  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
There's also a product called Florilax that you can get from your coach - it's the one mine prefers across the board for the C issue.
Hmm, Novilax is an IP product I purchased from my coach. I wonder if Florilax Novilax are the same product? It also part of the cleanse.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Hmm, Novilax is an IP product I purchased from my coach. I wonder if Florilax Novilax are the same product? It also part of the cleanse.
Nope, they're different products. Florilax is to be taken more regularly than the Novilax which should only be used for shorter periods of time ie during the cleanse because apparently your body can adapt to it over time.
Closed Thread