Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Cadu,
Your daughter is so fortunate to have you as her mom, your love and care will help her have the best life possible. And your wise perspective will guide you in making sure it happens in the smartest way.

And you are becoming healthier and more gorgeous every day. When in doubt, come and look at any of your posts. Your photo progression is an inspiration to all.

Sending love & hugs your way.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Carol, You're an amazing mom and i'm so inspired by what you do. Try not to worry about it. Good things will come. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).
Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment.
God bless you for being the Mom that you are! Your daughter is very lucky to have such a wonderful human for her mother. I am sure you feel blessed to have her as well. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray an answer for her future will come.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).
Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment.
Your post is very motivating. It is so easy to get caught up in our own lives and focused on what we see as obstacles that we can forget the difference or not even acknowledge the difference in those we can control and those over which we have no control. What a strong woman and wonderful mother you are. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Hang in there Cadu! We are all here for you.
I have a bit of frustration myself. Not sure if Rissimo is around today but I know she had this same issue. My body is now holding on to the weight and not losing like before. I will be up 1 lb. then back down then up 2 lbs then back down......I am afraid I have met the big P word- plateau! I am trying to stay positive in knowing that it will eventually go down (I would hope) but somewhat bummed because I will not meet my next mini goal I set for myself by June 15, when I leave on my cruise. Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on what to do? I am trying to eat some different foods (OP) but to no avail. It has been this way for 2 weeks.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 251/223/200

Good Morning all!
I cannot believe it it but I have encountered the BIG "C" - Never have I had that problem. I was desperate - & took Miralax (only thing I had in house)
I've been google it but - Will it put me out of ketosis? I 've been struggling this week with the food (but still OP)- it will kill me not to lose.
What do you think?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Carol, Thank you for reminding the rest of us that we have control over our lives. I must agree with everyone else that you will make the right choices when the time comes because you love your daughter so much. And because that seems to be the kind of person you are. You have inspired us so we know that you will continue to inspire your daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post

Today is my youngest child's last day of high school and I am a little weepy - he is the last of four to finish. When he left for school he looked like such an adult.
It is so bittersweet! Enjoy the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Hang in there Cadu! We are all here for you.
I have a bit of frustration myself.
Just keep going, stay the course and the weight will come off. Look at how far you have come.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Talking WI yesterday

on week 2- phase 1 and lost 11 lbs total! so excited to see the new me in the next several weeks. I'm feeling so blessed that my husband has joined me on this journey!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #24  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

(((Cadu))) Thank you for putting IP in perspective. You are a great mom and I am sure there will be a lot of good information at the seminar. You are a strong and wonderful woman.

Just passing through to say hello. I am having difficulty at dinner because I am trying to not make separate meals but from my visit with the scales, I think I will go back to making separate meals. I used to be vegetarian (pescatarian really) eating more bean products but with IP, no beans and I dont care for soy but it seems I will have to eat soy as well. WI #6 is Friday so we will see

Enjoy your day and smile!!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #25  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Thank you all for your kindness. I love this board and I love all you wonderful people.

Ok just got back from WI and am down 3 pounds.. now... why was I feeling so down this morning?? lol another Jeykle & Hyde momment for me.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Good morning all!

Carol: Trust your instincts! Women's intuition is a wonderful guide. Your daughter is lucky to have such a thoughtful, caring mom.

Mylastdiet: Congrats on the loss this week!

Swemam: What I took out of that article (I linked it at the end of Tuesday's daily chat thread) is that sometimes when a good amount of weight has been lost (the article said 10% for example) it's helpful to maintain that loss for awhile and then go for the further losses. I'm considering this as I've been at a plateau for about 3 weeks now, and am still 6 lbs above my goal. It does NOT indicate that you will be unable to maintain the loss at all.

Kat: (((hugs))) to you today. I was so weepy when my DD graduated HS. Raising children goes by soooooo fast! My advice to all new moms is "enjoy every moment!"

USMCVet: I responded to your location Q late Tuesday

I'm go for WI today.... wish me luck on breaking the plateau and getting my coaches approval to move to P2!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #27  
Started IP 3/26/12

Good morning all.

Cadu, your post certainly helps put things in perspective. I can appreciate your concern about your daughter's future, but do feel that your love and the knowledge you're accumulating about her best options will guide you in the right direction(s).

Well... today was WI #7 for me. And I am not happy! I'm only down
-0.6 lbs. Weight today is 193.8lbs. I did sneak a peek at the scales on Monday am and I was at 193.2...at that point it seemed my plan to not eat bars for a few days was having results, so I kept with it yesterday as well. But I was rather preoccupied yesterday with my gardening, errands, etc., and I sort of lost track of my water intake... I thought I caught up, but maybe I didn't drink quite as much as usual... maybe I'm retaining water slightly? I do feel rather bloaty.

Anyway.... I missed my 3pm protein bar, so I think I'll go back to having it! LOL.

I am chuffed though, because my Omron results show that my overall body fat % has decreased by 3% since I started in late March; my skeletal muscle percentage has increased by 2%; BMI is down 1.75; and in the 'body age' category I've added 3 years to my life.

It's an overcast day here in Central Ontario, Canada... looks like rain is on the agenda today. In fact... I hear it starting now.

I hope everyone has a good OP day. Keep strong. Cheers.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #28  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great day! I noticed this morning when I put on my regular size 9 work pants this morning that I can pull them off without unbuttoning them!! I Love this feeling Hopefully I can hit my 20 pound goal by June 23rd...at 9 right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed
Old 05-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Eve
All of the gardening could be taxing your muscles more than you've been used to recently, which can affect your weight loss.
All in all, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing... although I know how much I'm disappointed by not seeing the results I want to!
Keep your chin up - you're doing fabulously with IP!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #30  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Eve
All of the gardening could be taxing your muscles more than you've been used to recently, which can affect your weight loss.
All in all, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing... although I know how much I'm disappointed by not seeing the results I want to!
Keep your chin up - you're doing fabulously with IP!
Thanks Dakin. I'm not in a *terrible* mood about it, just disappointed. And you're probably right about the gardening & muscles, etc.,... I've had pains in a few places I haven't felt in a while due to lifting, hauling dirt, etc. But I'll hang in there. I'm lighter by 16 lbs than I was at the beginning of this journey, and I definitely feel much better (and lighter)... as I was walking to the local hardware store yesterday I noticed I've got a definite spring in my step these days.
Closed Thread