Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

WI #2 tomorrow - a little nervous - hope I can lose my goal of 4 lbs. We shall see - Sleep peacefully everyone!!!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #107  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post

Mooselover, just want to comment on your pictures. You look great. You've lost your 'chubby cheeks'... I say that with the utmost affection, because I'm well on the way to losing mine too.. a friend commented on that just a couple of days ago. BTW - what a nice NSV... your 'boney' shoulder. LOL.
Thank you so much I am glad my chubby cheeks are going away. I always had a slim face till about 8 years ago.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #108  

Well, even though I had a mess up over the weekend at a couple of graduation celebrations, I still lost another 1.8 lbs today for a total of 61.0 in 17 weeks. That includes taking a week off to go on vacation back in March. 27 3/4 inches lost so far. I'm back OP 100% and am looking forward to a great week next week. Going on a business trip Mon-Thu which makes me nervous, but I'll figure out how to do it.

As usual, thanks to everyone for all the inspiring messages.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
As far as skipping the protein at dinner. My coach told me if I want to do this I would have to replace it with 2 packets. Just an F.Y.I.
Really? People often refer to this as bootcamp and my coach would say to replace it with one packet.

I guess every clinic is different. I still don't think it's worth the deprivation...but we all must do what we think is best...
Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

This has not been a good month for us. May 5th we attended a memorial for a dear friend that died of cancer. On the 7th my grandma's brother died and our 15 yr old cat, Mocha, had to be put to sleep. Yesterday, my step daughters grandmother died. She was a wonderful woman that lived life to the full. She had a tumor around her brain stem and the tumors continued to spread all over her brain. Then today my little doggie, Turbo, died. He was the first dog I ever had. All I want to do is eat comfort food, but my husband has been so encouraging. He even went in and made me turnip fries. TOM isn't helping the situation any. On a happier note I loss 1 lb at todays WI, but I dropped another pant size.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #111  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
This has not been a good month for us. May 5th we attended a memorial for a dear friend that died of cancer. On the 7th my grandma's brother died and our 15 yr old cat, Mocha, had to be put to sleep. Yesterday, my step daughters grandmother died. She was a wonderful woman that lived life to the full. She had a tumor around her brain stem and the tumors continued to spread all over her brain. Then today my little doggie, Turbo, died. He was the first dog I ever had. All I want to do is eat comfort food, but my husband has been so encouraging. He even went in and made me turnip fries. TOM isn't helping the situation any. On a happier note I loss 1 lb at todays WI, but I dropped another pant size.
WOW...sorry to hear about all of your loses except ONE and that is your weight loss.....Wanna know something ironic? I have a Mocha(long haired taco bell dog) and a turbo( miniature schnauzer)!!...it is very sweet of your DH to help out with all of this going on, he seems to be very proud of you for all of the work you have put in the program.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #112  

Quote:
I hope that June is a much better month for you. So great to have dh support. Food will not make you happier right now...
Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
I'm here. We can't let our bodies get the best of us, we have come way too far!! We are in control not it. Yes it is very frustrating watching the scale move upward, but we knew that it was going to happen eventually. I had even talke to Lisa about jumping to phase 3 for two weeks to try and jump start my system like she did if I gained more on the last weigh in. Thank Goodness it decided to go down. Don't let it get to you, it will finally give up when it realizes that we are not giving up. I tried switching things up a bit the past week to see if that helped any. For Bfast I had my bar and coffee, for lunch I made chicken salador tuna and then I cut a bell pepper in half and put my chicken or tuna salad in it and then had cucumbers as well. Then for dinner I had a RTD and veggies. I don't know if switching when I had my protein helped or not but I did lose that time. We know what to do, we know that it can be done and we know we CAN do it.
Thank you for your insight and your words of wisdom! I know I need to hang in there. And, I will. As you know, it is very frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
For those plateauing, stalling, etc...stick to the regular protocol. If you look back you can find everyone has found different things that work...they exercise, they stop, they eat restricteds, they don't, they only have packets, they have fattier meat, changing veggies, adding oil...ahhh! I have been doing ip for over a year and see no real correlation, and lots of bad advice from coaches who have minimal training and experience. My clinic has offered me a job as a coach...but I think my own experiences are too individual to do it.

If you stick to the basics you will eventually lose. I think forgoing the meat at dinner is risky as it contains more calories, fat and protein than a packet. You are putting yourself at risk for hunger and with that potentially cheating.

Our bodies need fat. Very low carb, low fat diets have been shown to be unhealthy...

Ps-love that yellow dress.
Thank you for your insight as well. I will stick to the basics!
Thanks for the other comments from others. I have to say I was very proud of my new behavior tonight. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing for weight loss and so I shared all of my IP info with her, even providing her with my notes, etc. She has been doing an alternative version for a couple of weeks. And, tonight at our meeting, we had a taco bar for dinner, as well as chocolate and coconut cream pies. I passed on the taco bar and just had lettuce, some ground beef, and tomatoes and made a salad. However, she went full force on tacos, and ate pie. Oh well! I made the right choices and felt very empowered!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOW...sorry to hear about all of your loses except ONE and that is your weight loss.....Wanna know something ironic? I have a Mocha(long haired taco bell dog) and a turbo( miniature schnauzer)!!...it is very sweet of your DH to help out with all of this going on, he seems to be very proud of you for all of the work you have put in the program.
Thank you Lisa for your comforting words. That was funny about us both having a Turbo and Mocha. We had three dogs; Maximum, Turbo, Charge. Now just Maximum (Max), Charge. Max is a Maltese and Charge is a big Yorkie.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I hope that June is a much better month for you. So great to have dh support. Food will not make you happier right now...
You are so right, food will not make me happy. I keep telling myself it is ok to feel the pain and not try to cover it up with food. I am thankful everyday for my hubby and all his support. He even made dinner tonight and cleaned up dinner dishes. Thank you for your kind support.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Thank you for your insight and your words of wisdom! I know I need to hang in there. And, I will. As you know, it is very frustrating.

Thank you for your insight as well. I will stick to the basics!
Thanks for the other comments from others. I have to say I was very proud of my new behavior tonight. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing for weight loss and so I shared all of my IP info with her, even providing her with my notes, etc. She has been doing an alternative version for a couple of weeks. And, tonight at our meeting, we had a taco bar for dinner, as well as chocolate and coconut cream pies. I passed on the taco bar and just had lettuce, some ground beef, and tomatoes and made a salad. However, she went full force on tacos, and ate pie. Oh well! I made the right choices and felt very empowered!
That is excellent. It is easy to fall off the wagon whn you see others doing it. Good for you for making better choices. It will be do worth it in the end when you are at goal and she is not!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #117  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
So sorry for all your losses, I can so understand the wanting to eat comfort food during times like this. But if you can get through this without going off plan, you know that you will feel so much better about yourself. I see life like a roller coaster, sometimes we are on the down side of the track but eventually it has to go back up. Hang in there, things will get better
Closed Thread