Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Whoo hoo...first cheat day is here and i'm happy to say that my wi this morning had me at the exact same weight as last week so i must be doing something right

Have a great week-end
Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #482  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Whoo hoo...first cheat day is here and i'm happy to say that my wi this morning had me at the exact same weight as last week so i must be doing something right

Have a great week-end
WOOHOO!!!...enjoy your cheat day!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #483  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Hello all and sorry for the long absence...
Went away to our cabin for a bit and no Internet service there... I have come to the realization that for me I am in desperate need of 'middle ground'. My reboot hit a bump and then a brick wall in the phasing out process and I know it was partly to do with coaching, partly to do with my head & body. ...

To all those in the midst of a reboot- congrats on your losses!! Such a good feeling watching the #'s on the scale go down and having all your pants start to fit comfortably again...
HI! I have been MIA for a very long time. I'm up a little more, and need to buckle down and come here to be accountable.

CAP -- Congrats on joining WW. Let us know how it goes. I am having a hard time with summer. It's SO hot here and that means ice pops, ice cream, etc. CRAZY HEAT here in the DC area. At least we have power back now. We were almost 3 full days without power last week after the crazy storm.

I will try my best to catch up on the threads in the next few days.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
. Has anyone else experienced a very low tolerance for alcohol after IP? (I guess I should count this as a blessing since I'm sure all of the wine contributed to my weight problem to begin with!) Thanks!
I am noticing that I am more easily affected by wine than I was before IP. I find that I don't even want a second glass, which is a win-win in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
The mental challenge of weight loss and maintaining is really hard.

I still worry I will wake up tomorrow and be back at 180 pounds.
Me too!!! We went away recently, no scale in the hotel room, and I kept asking hubby.... Did it all come back?? I know it's irrational, but it's a fear I share too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

Have a great week-end
Congrats on this Busymom!!! You're doing a great job![/SIZE]

Ishbel, lol at operation slim cat.... I've been there... cat's don't forget when you diminish their food supply. You may want to sleep with one eye open. lol
Good luck with kitty slimming.

Sunnymae... Welcome back, congrats on your loss while traveling, and please accept my condolences. Sounds like you have some wonderful summer plans to focus on. If I could be granted one wish, it would be the ability to sing well.

Capricious - you have helped so many here, I hope you will continue to check in and to let us know how merging the two programs works for you. I'm so new to maintenance that I rely on people like you, who are willing to share their experiences and trials. namaste, my friend

Pxl... Hope the heat breaks for you! It's unbelievable this summer... kinda makes you wonder about the power of nature with all of the storms and weather phenomena recently.

I've been traveling a lot recently, only arrived home late this afternoon and will head out in the morning for another week - this time camping. I'm mostly eating P2 ish, but wine has been an almost daily visitor, and I've been adding in more carbs, while still keeping a close eye on portion size and really working on keeping lots of veggies in the mix. It's more difficult than I anticipated! Most restaurants do not offer veggies that aren't drenched in butter or sugar, and if they do, I find the serving size is 1/2 cup, maybe. It never occurred to me "before" but boy am I noticing it now! I hope to have wifi next week, so will check in more often. I really missed this site!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Well it is so nice to hear that I am still welcome to post here... Thx guys!!
I am morphing the 2 together as much as possible but one is anti carb and the other is anti fat so it's interesting trying to keep it in the middle
But I find myself still willing to give up a considerable # of points for healthy fats as it is so ingrained in me that they are necessary at this point.

Ishbel- I think that following IP maintenance to the T for as long as I did really helped to stabilize my weight and teach me good eating habits along with forming a routine for healthful eating. It was a very important part of my journey that I wouldn't give back because ultimately it was very beneficial. I have just reached a point when the free day mentality is starting to take over and for me to keep maintaining at this point I know I need to adjust my maintenance strategy. This is working well for me because I am policing myself without being overly restrictive... It is the middle ground I have long been searching for...
Maile- I am so very blessed to have your companionship in maintenance. I knew that much of your calm came from keeping things on an even keep at all times and I knew that was something I needed to emulate to acheive long term success in maintenance. Just have to thank you for being you

Mom2cs- I'm watching the fruit... It's funny because the leader when she was talking with me after the meeting said 'yes, fruit is free but I guarantee if you eat more than a couple servings you won't lose weight'. I know, you know, she knows. Fruit is high in sugar and therefore calories & carbs... Can't wait to see a pic of you- I'm sure you're rockin that orange bikini for all it's worth!!

Lee-we're still hanging in there!! A few pounds up a few pounds down but always taking care of business at the end of the day! Coming up on one year since I lost the weight and though I may fight with 5-10 fight it I do and sure as heck is MILES better than 60 pounds ago!!!
Have a great weekend all! I'm off to Calgary to visit with relatives & friends...
Hey Cap...please stay in touch with us here. You're family! We want to know how you're doing and we're still here to learn from each other. I think a bunch of us have incorporated alternative methods to IP maintenence. WW is another piece of the puzzle for you, so go for it and let us know how you feel.
I'm sweltering down here in Va. while teaching outdoors, and had to break down and start drinking endless amounts of gatorade to keep from passing out. I tried salt along with tons of water, but only the gatorade replenished my electrolytes. So...I will see how that affects the weight. My priority, though, is avoiding heat stroke! I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #486  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good luck with the heat everyone..We are getting blasted also and I find that my motivation gets weak in the hottest part of the day..I don't even want to cook anything.

Pixl: It was good to hear from you. I can't imagine being stuck in that heat with no power. It must have been awful.

Wuv2bloved: You look gorgeous and have done so well losing 169 pounds!

Busymom: Nice to have a cheat day with no gain!

Dakin: I found the same thing while traveling and eating out...you are lucky if you get even half a cup of vegetables.

Sunnymae: Teaching outdoors in that heat sounds hard. Are you teaching golf?

I am going to look for new recipes today. Lately I find I am tired of my old favorites..The hardest part is finding new vegetable dishes..but I am searching.
Staying within my 3 pound range.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #487  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good luck with the heat everyone..We are getting blasted also and I find that my motivation gets weak in the hottest part of the day..I don't even want to cook anything.

Pixl: It was good to hear from you. I can't imagine being stuck in that heat with no power. It must have been awful.

Wuv2bloved: You look gorgeous and have done so well losing 169 pounds!

Busymom: Nice to have a cheat day with no gain!

Dakin: I found the same thing while traveling and eating out...you are lucky if you get even half a cup of vegetables.

Sunnymae: Teaching outdoors in that heat sounds hard. Are you teaching golf?

I am going to look for new recipes today. Lately I find I am tired of my old favorites..The hardest part is finding new vegetable dishes..but I am searching.
Staying within my 3 pound range.
Congratulations on staying within your range!! I have to get back to mine. Day one of tracking my calories/carbs and keeping myself accountable. It's funny how easy it is to let the old ways creep back in. I was letting everyday be "special" in some way. Mostly it's after the sun goes down for me. My willpower seems to leave with the light. Oh well. I've done this before, I can do it again. This time, I'm going to try to do it naturally without sucralose... wish me luck!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Morning. Still can't figure out how to post pictures...I guess my engineering degree is for naught!

It's interesting to see that I am not the only one with the fears of sudden weight gain. Sigh

Dh birthday today and he wanted Chinese again last nigh. It was good, but I should revert to phase 1 today...another sigh. I find as long as I get back on track by Monday things are good.

Strange-I don't miss pasta rice potatoes carrots etc.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #489  

Pixlkitty your photos have inspired me. You have had a great change!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #490  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Pixlkitty your photos have inspired me. You have had a great change!
Aw, thanks...

It's funny how honest a photo can keep you... I noticed just the other day the "muffin top" in a 4th July photo. I was so disgusted... I still fit into size 6/8 pants, but my smaller ones are tight and I hate that feeling. I REFUSE to buy bigger clothes, so it's time to get serious.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #491  

A couple weeks of serious phase 1 can make all the difference...
Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #492  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Pixl: I wish you luck. I have the same thought..I refuse to buy anymore clothes in a larger size. You have done this before, you can get back on track and do it! My weakest time is 3-6. Hope your nights go well. I just tried Good Earth Sweet and Spicy tea. You might try it.

Momto2cs. I am joining you in Phase 1 ing it for the day..up from indulging yesterday in Greek Food. I agree with the sigh. Hope you do well today.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #493  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
HI! I have been MIA for a very long time. I'm up a little more, and need to buckle down and come here to be accountable.

CAP -- Congrats on joining WW. Let us know how it goes. I am having a hard time with summer. It's SO hot here and that means ice pops, ice cream, etc. CRAZY HEAT here in the DC area. At least we have power back now. We were almost 3 full days without power last week after the crazy storm.

I will try my best to catch up on the threads in the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hey Cap...please stay in touch with us here. You're family! We want to know how you're doing and we're still here to learn from each other. I think a bunch of us have incorporated alternative methods to IP maintenence. WW is another piece of the puzzle for you, so go for it and let us know how you feel.
I'm sweltering down here in Va. while teaching outdoors, and had to break down and start drinking endless amounts of gatorade to keep from passing out. I tried salt along with tons of water, but only the gatorade replenished my electrolytes. So...I will see how that affects the weight. My priority, though, is avoiding heat stroke! I'll keep y'all posted.
Quote:
A couple weeks of serious phase 1 can make all the difference...

hello old crew...I too have been MIA for awhile...MIA...in VEGAS for 12 days...needless to say I can't even imagine what the scale would say....today starts 10 days of phase 3ish (no phase 1...I don't want ketosis). I ate pizza, bugers, Italian at Rao's, chinese...so much yummy food...huevos rancheros (2X)...not good not good not good...also too many yummy drinks.

I did take 2 days in the middle to hike at Zion National Park and I ate well there and drank a ton of water.

Well...here is hoping that my good behavior the next week makes up for that awful naughty behavior.

Chin up everyone...this is a lifelong war. My 6's do not fit (but they only did for a few weeks right after I reached my lowest), but still plugging along in the 8's (tighter than I want).

Keep smiling and loving life gang
Old 07-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #494  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Congratulations on staying within your range!! I have to get back to mine. Day one of tracking my calories/carbs and keeping myself accountable. It's funny how easy it is to let the old ways creep back in. I was letting everyday be "special" in some way. Mostly it's after the sun goes down for me. My willpower seems to leave with the light. Oh well. I've done this before, I can do it again. This time, I'm going to try to do it naturally without sucralose... wish me luck!!
I am trying hard to do it more naturally too....

eggs/meat breakfast

salad meat lunch

meat veggie dinner

with fiber one bars for snack or fruit and nuts or greek yogurt

what is your plan?

Not trying to lose weight....I am up about 10 pounds (of the 83), but it is easier to maintain that weight so I am going to try to just maintain for a year without trying to get smaller....but up a few more from Vegas so need to drop those (not sure how many...giving a week before I hit scale..need to lose the bloat).

good luck
Old 07-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #495  

I like the thoughts. Chin up all.
I love phase 1 and ketosis. I feel best that way. Needless to say the weekend was bad, including popcorn at magic mike. So not me.
Lots of wine, very me! Plus dh birthday!
Closed Thread