Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hi IP family
I didnt mean to fall off the planet although sometimes I do wander off. My father in law passed away and DH and I had to get to France within hours.
SUNNYMAE
I'm so sorry to hear that your father in law passed away.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Sunnymae--My condolences. Hope your DH is doing alright. And good for you for saying non merci. Hang in there.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

sunnymae so sorry to hear that your father in law passed away, bon chance mon ami

purple I use "my net diary" (love that your using purple in your posts) . It's just a tracking ap and because I just used some greek yogurt and frozen berries (with a splash of sugar free syrup), it was easy to just plop those items into the tracker and based on how my fudgies do the calculations (divide it all by 4). I haven't tried it on more complex recipes. Also don't always believe some of the food info that pops up. Ie, I drain AND rinse my extra lean ground beef, so what all trackers have...don't necessarily believe. So it's a -/+ 10% all the time (or at least that's what I believe)

cap where are you?

stacey hows your second week going??

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-28-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #409  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

stacey hows your second week going??
So far so good- I am still trying to settle on a weight. I am using myfitnesspal to help track my fat/cal/carb intake so i can have a better idea of what works for me. I dont go by their guidelines bc I wouldnt be getting the 80gm of protein I really need, but its helping me see how many carbs and cals i am really eating.

It's alsoe asy to use on the go.

My typical breakfast is a chobani w a cup of fruit and 1/2c of granola. I usualy have 1oz of almonds btwn that and lunch where ill have a typical p2 lunch with a bit of dairy. After lunch things get a little rough. I start to get some cravings for carbs and sugar and realized that it definitely has something to do with my water intake.

I've been having an IP nonrestricted as a mid afternoon snack and a regular P1 dinner sometimes with a whole grain carb.

How does this sound to you all? Am I missing anything? Do you have tips?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #410  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Stacey: That menu looks like a perfect Phase 4! Are you using olive oil with your lunch? It might help with the afternoon craving.

Sunnymae: I am sorry to hear about your Father-in-law. You sound like you are doing the best you can with French food. My thoughts are with you.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #411  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Default New Maintainer!

So yesterday I was moved to Phase 4! Yeah I am so excited. I had 5 months of IP and missed so much "regular" food. But when I was shopping yesterday, I didn't really want and of that. I guess that's real good; however, I then spoiled my family with chinese take-out that we haven't had in 5 1/2 months since it would have been too tempting for me. I enjoyed it, but here is morning working on getting all the bloating and side effects away!

I did read some of the other posts and see that carbs are effecting others in the way they effect me. My husband did the program and was able to slide right back into eating carbs (some bad ones at that) and he is having no problem with gaining or bloating. With me I know that carbs attack my belly and love handles and instant bloating occurs. Along with an upset stomach and almost a hangover feeling (even before IP), I just don't know if I will be able to ever be completely be without IP products as my husband has. Thank God for websites that sell the product as I don't know if I will be headed back to my clinic.

I love this site and I am very excited to finally be on the maintenance threads!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Good Afternoon, Maintainers!
I would like to know if I am allowed to be a part of this thread? I will not be a Maintainer until at least the middle of August? (Not sure how that is determined.) I am loving IP and have enjoyed reading your success with Maintenance!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Of course you can be part of the thread! Better to be prepared than not for maintaining.
You will see everyone have a different way of keeping things under control.

For the afternoon non ip snack you could consider a protein shake or a non ip bar that higher in protein. Some of us like the simply bar. It is satisfying.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

I'm getting so close to officially be a maintainer Never thought in a milion year that i would actually get there!

LOVING the phase 3 breakfast i came up with, funny how now getting up at 5:30 is exciting vs hitting the snooze button til 6, lol. I think i'll keep the same breakfast in maintenance as it keeps me full almost til lunch.

My first few days of phase 3 were scary as i went up 3lbs in 3 days but then it came back down and the week ended the same as the previous week so i was happy with that. The scale has been staying pretty much the same all this week, maybe down 0.4 or so so i'm happy. Really wanted to start phase 4 with a 5lbs buffer.

I don't plan on really tracking much for now...will see how the first week goes and then if the scale goes up, then i'm screwing up and will track.

Super excited for my first free day...have a whole day planned already. I already know that i will go overboard that day but just for the first time. After that it will be more grazing throughout the day and maybe one cheat meal.

Can't wait to keep up with everyone, have a great day
Old 06-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #415  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Congratulations staceyjblack, audgirl78 NewPath and Busymomx4 on getting there, almost getting there, and being there.

I just tried Fage Greek Yogurt today. Got a big tub of it at Costco for like 4 bucks or something. Also found Horizon Organic half and half, half gallon for like the same. The prices at the regular store are quite a bit more. So every little thing helps. I prefer organic when possible but it can be cost prohibitive sometimes.

My favorite is Chobani, followed by Oikos. I tried others and they just did not work largely because when you eat plain yogurt you rely heavily on the taste and texture.

I found an alcohol free almond extract. I believe it is an almond oil. I dropped a bit into my coffee today along with my stevia and created a new coffee. I like it actually.

I am also learning that I have to keep things simple and basically just eat a few things at once. Or sequentially. For some reason more than 3 or 4 food items on a plate can upset my stomach and make me uncomfortable.

So the experimentation and taste tests go on.
Sung to And the Beat Goes On - Sunny and Cher.

Ishbel - Thanx for the app thingy

Oh and did I share this with you guys? I think I shared the Yonanas. But, this is my next toy. I believe it is also referred to as a Spirooli.
http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-.../dp/B0007Y9WHQ
I need some kind of motivation or gimmick to get veggies back into my life.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Congratulations staceyjblack, audgirl78 NewPath and Busymomx4 on getting there, almost getting there, and being there.

I just tried Fage Greek Yogurt today. Got a big tub of it at Costco for like 4 bucks or something. Also found Horizon Organic half and half, half gallon for like the same. The prices at the regular store are quite a bit more. So every little thing helps. I prefer organic when possible but it can be cost prohibitive sometimes.

My favorite is Chobani, followed by Oikos. I tried others and they just did not work largely because when you eat plain yogurt you rely heavily on the taste and texture.
I buy the Liberté Greek yogourt (might be a quebec thing) i get the fat free one and its 100 calories, 6g carbs and 18g protein for 3/4 cup and its so thick and i love it with fruits and granola and WF caramel syrup in it. It IS very expensive as its over $5 for a container of 2 cups and using a cup everyday + my dh using it too, we're spending a forture on yogourt. Might have to check if costco has anything good.

As for veggies, I've been cooking diced turnips in the microwave then sauteing it in the pan in my 2tsp oil and its super good. Also since in summer, been BBQ peppers and zuchinis. I love my veggies though and if i'm lazy, i'll just have brocoli and that's it, lol.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I buy the Liberté Greek yogourt (might be a quebec thing) i get the fat free one and its 100 calories, 6g carbs and 18g protein for 3/4 cup and its so thick and i love it with fruits and granola and WF caramel syrup in it. It IS very expensive as its over $5 for a container of 2 cups and using a cup everyday + my dh using it too, we're spending a forture on yogourt. Might have to check if costco has anything good.

As for veggies, I've been cooking diced turnips in the microwave then sauteing it in the pan in my 2tsp oil and its super good. Also since in summer, been BBQ peppers and zuchinis. I love my veggies though and if i'm lazy, i'll just have brocoli and that's it, lol.
Did you see mompattie's recipe for greek yogurt???

I'm hoping to try it soon!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

I use Liberte greek yogurt. I get it at Costco.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #419  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Determined - I have my before and after merged into one, one at work on my desk (small one that most people can't see but it's right beside my screen) and one at home right above the scale.

Cap - is Yoda your second name, your response cracked me up. The VIP is a rabid star wars fan (I tell him he's like Leonard and Sheldon rolled up into one).

CHLOE!!! You did fabulous on your trip!! WOOHOO for you!! Did you do a lot of walking around? Did you follow Ph4 in the strict sense or did you release the reins a bit? Please tell?

I just went to a workshop on Friday, one of the top Dawgs in Canada was there. He said that you maximize the weight loss by going to 100% of goal, Phase 2 was lasting to long so now it's 2 weeks of Phase 2 and two weeks of Phase 3. He was very specific in "two weeks of Phase 3 no more no less". So that makes me believe Phase 2 can be one week if required.

So I mowed the lawn and had my day, then went to a baby shower and had some goodies. THEN I came home and I was like "I'm not hungry yet", so I went for a run (loved the internal conversation to make that decision, no reason to eat if you aren't hungry). I did 40 minutes non stop, I don't know how far I went because I took too many turns (too many turns to go backwards with the car) so I just went by time...it felt GREAT! But then I came home and picked up my cheat meal...it felt SO wrong...LMAO

But 40 minutes nonstop - 50 minutes with cool down - 550 calories lost according to my heart rate monitor. Made me feel better about my cheat day that's for sure. So if I have time on my cheat day I will be running.

OOO NOTE: Today is one month in Maintenance...it's the day after cheat day so you aren't suppose to weigh and I usually don't...but I did...totally happy with seeing 162 (after a cheat day! woohoo)...I feel like I might be finding the groove (granted it's only been a month).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
All you ladies truly amaze me... I look forward to the day of "hanging" out with ya!! Ill get there, but this last 25 will be the death of me...
Wow Ishbel you are really doing it, how far do you run? Me I am still walking, cant seem to fit time in for anything, what with new dog, all the walks training her for agility and work... I know it is an excuse I should find the time. I am in awe of you.

Hi ALL I hope you don't mind me popping back in. I have missed you guys, but can't seem to get 3chicks at work anymore. and now that it is summer a lot of time is just spent out doors enjoying the warmth.

Cap how did you do with CSP, I am in week 3 and not really liking this week. not a big legumes fan.

Just thought I would pop in and say hi.

Jelly you look awesome you are one amazing lady you have done so much. I love your profile picture.
bye for now.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #420  

Default Vent

Ok, so there is a gent that I work with that has told me a few times to stop losing weight...which gggrrr (you ALL know what I mean).

So three weeks ago he said something more 'stern' and I keep trying to remember that he's coming from a place of kindess, his daughter is my age. ANYWAY, he said "you need to stop losing weight" to which I replied "I've been done for two months and my doctor is in love with me and all is good, it's ok" - not that I needed to even say THAT but I try to keep where it's coming from in my head.

WELL! Today he said something AHGAIN! So I said "INSERT NAME, if you look at my BMI I'm still over weight! Stop telling me I need to stop losing weight, we've talked about this three weeks ago, my doctor is happy with me" and he said "pfffft, BMI" and rolled his eyes at my friend (he was standing in her office door so he is between us) and then I said "your not understanding, I'm giving you a hint at my weight, I'm considered OVER WEIGHT, therefore I'm NOT TOO SMALL" and he said "I don't like when..." and he ran his fingers over his neck. My girlfriend said "INSERT NAME, she looks fantastic, leave her alone"...the jerk actually looked at my friend (btw he's her boss) and said "Meh" and walked away. So I stepped into my friends office and closed the door and just sat down in shock....I actually had a lump in my throat.

LASKJEFL:KSDJF I'm so very agravated!! He totally TOTALLY stepped over the line...

On the other hand, the frustration I felt made me run faster on the treadmill today! And the friend I was with (a different one then the one above) who's runs marathons told me I looked like a gazelle, but she also knows the story...so she also knew how ticked I was!

Like, UGH! he'd have never said "You are really over weight and I don't think you look good...you should lose weight" what gives him the permission to say something to me NOW. I said way to much back to him (which I now regret), should have just said "shut up"....ugh

2RIDE good to see you friend! come back more often? today I did 5 minute warm up 40 minute run 5 minute cool down for just over 4 miles...tried last 4 minutes @ 6.1 miles an hour...trying to go faster a few minutes a run. Only doing it twice a week for a bit just because I get really tired and don't want to feel like that a lot of the week.

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-28-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Closed Thread