Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

patns- I too am going to try CSP. I need to actually go purchase some fruit though I really want to transition to real food and get away from the packets. I just got a bunch from Nashua not too long ago, so I will try to use them up as best as possible. I probably won't start CSP until next week so I can get fruit AND use as many packets up as I can.

paulimapi- I find 50-90 to be my magic #. I do not tolerate carbs well at all. Especially wheat / flour / grains.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone, Well, my first month of P4 is done and I stayed within 3 pounds of goal... I have not done well at all with my cheat day...each one was made into two full days, plus I've splurged on non-cheat days with chocolate. Finally...ALL chocolate is out of the house...just finished my last sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints...I'm lucky to be same size and only 3 #s over...I just need to get this eating seriously back on track...

Well, I'm gonna read through the thread to catch up on everyone. So glad to have a place to confess...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
My best fiend's fiance- a couple that I introduced- passed away from cancer last week at age 34. My friend requested that I stay with her in Calgary which is three hours away. Her food request after making funeral arrangements all day and crying with his family the whole night before was for 'something that would make her happy'. 'What is it?' I asked,'I'll bring it'. 'Fish & Chips' she says. I got her the traditional breaded style with fries. I got grilled with veggies and rice I didn't eat. The more we talked and were together the more I too wanted to turn to food for comfort. The next day when we went for dim sum and I won't off plan and stayed off plan for the next three days. It is amazing to me how easy it is to use food to comfort and eat he emotions rather than feel them. Came home the day before yesterday. Yesterday I went back on Phase 1. I needed to detox. I will resume the CSP when I get back from the funeral after this weekend. Pants you are very right. The silver packets are much more convenient. And mobile.
Maile- thank you for being such a good role model. It gives strength and hope. Dealing with one's emotions vs. eating them is such a difficult lesson to learn. And while it bothers me that I still have to learn this the hard way every now and again, it is a positive to me that I keep climbing back on the proverbial OP horse.
Oh Cap I so incredibly sorry. Such a young age.. Thinking of you...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Thanks for your responses on excersise.

2Ride My mom runs marathons – she says she finishes them! I’m not sure I'm there yet just want to run but she gave me the book "learning to run" that is quite interesting, I’ve lent it out to a few experienced runners I know (with great responses back). Lots of schedules for all different types of runners, beginners to marathoners.

I also have a heart rate monitor that I've always used (even 140 lbs heavier) to help me challenge my heart during cardio (used to try to exercise by my heart rate specifically instead of how I feel as I tend to push it too hard). I'm only going to have certain days that are "heavy exercise" as that's what my schedule will allow. Other days will be a brisk/moderate walk/video in the basement. Tomorrow I'm jumping on the DEATH MILL (it's a step mill that I used to love to hate hence the name) to see how I respond to that, I'm certain I can challenge my heart with THAT. Once the bum toe is healed I'm going to use the schedule in the book to get my running capabilities in order (if I can run…don’t know how the knees will respond).

Come with me? Maybe we can schedule a 5-10km run sometime in Calgary or something?

Jennydoodle your carb intake 50-90 includes your entire daily diet for the day including veggies?

Cap so sorry

Last edited by Ishbel; 05-23-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Jennydoodle your carb intake 50-90 includes your entire daily diet for the day including veggies?
No, I do not count veggies. 50-90 is above and beyond all of my typical veggies.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #96  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi everyone. I've been away from the boards for a while. We bought a camper and so had to drive up to PA to pick it up. We've been inundated with tasks associated with that, and then I decided to take up piano lessons (which I took as a child). I have to say, I love them!! It's so different from what I do at work all day (writing, math, thinking)... But it does feel incredibly indulgent to sit in a room with a piano teacher for 30 minutes and just "play". That, and pilates (still!) three times each week plus a 4-yr old, full time job, etc... I'm a busy girl. I'm still about 5lbs over goal. I eat a pretty standard menu everyday, keep the carbs low. I don't recall the last time I had bread. I've had a few bars/packets/drinks here and there, but for the most part, I'm back to real food. My carb of choice at dinner is thin corn tortillas. I love tacos/tostadas and three of those have 80 calories and 16gms carbs, and I'm ok with that.

Quote:
My best fiend's fiance- a couple that I introduced- passed away from cancer last week at age 34. My friend requested that I stay with her in Calgary which is three hours away. Her food request after making funeral arrangements all day and crying with his family the whole night before was for 'something that would make her happy'. 'What is it?' I asked,'I'll bring it'. 'Fish & Chips' she says. I got her the traditional breaded style with fries. I got grilled with veggies and rice I didn't eat. The more we talked and were together the more I too wanted to turn to food for comfort. The next day when we went for dim sum and I won't off plan and stayed off plan for the next three days. It is amazing to me how easy it is to use food to comfort and eat he emotions rather than feel them. Came home the day before yesterday. Yesterday I went back on Phase 1. I needed to detox. I will resume the CSP when I get back from the funeral after this weekend. Pants you are very right. The silver packets are much more convenient. And mobile.
Maile- thank you for being such a good role model. It gives strength and hope. Dealing with one's emotions vs. eating them is such a difficult lesson to learn. And while it bothers me that I still have to learn this the hard way every now and again, it is a positive to me that I keep climbing back on the proverbial OP horse.
Cap -- I am SO sorry to hear this news. What a good reminder, though, of how we should cherish each day and make sure that we live our lives to the fullest.

I am glad that you retreated to the comfort of Phase 1 for your detox after your comfort food experience. We are all still on this journey, but slowly we make better choices. Even when we trip up, we only trip up a few pounds instead of 40 or 50...

well, huge storm rolling in here. Time to post before the power goes out!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #97  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

HBO is airing a series called Weight of the Nation. Very interesting.

Quote:
It is amazing to me how easy it is to use food to comfort and eat he emotions rather than feel them. Came home the day before yesterday. Yesterday I went back on Phase 1. I needed to detox. I will resume the CSP when I get back from the funeral after this weekend. Pants you are very right. The silver packets are much more convenient. And mobile.

capricious
, I am sorry to hear about your friend. But, I am glad to see how you are responding to it. Food is such a huge part of ourr lives, associated with great joys and great sorrow. Retraining is tricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I also have a bunch of IP products that I will use up and then am really trying to transition to real food too.

I actually did follow week one of CSP quite well last week and was down a half pound at the end. So that was excellent.

This week I didn't get time to do a Costco run for the chicken etc I need so an using up IP products for a bit.

I was more than pleased that I could handle a moderate amount of fruit.
Like you I know I can't handle wheat and other starchy grains. The next step will be interesting with the starcy veggies but so far so good.
I need to get off the bars.
Now, I am truly intrigued by this CSP deal. Thinking of ordering The Homorne Diet from Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi everyone, Well, my first month of P4 is done and I stayed within 3 pounds of goal... I have not done well at all with my cheat day...each one was made into two full days, plus I've splurged on non-cheat days with chocolate. Finally...ALL chocolate is out of the house...just finished my last sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints...I'm lucky to be same size and only 3 #s over...I just need to get this eating seriously back on track...
Great job, New Englander, on your first month. Oh Thin Mints...they would be my downfall. I have to have half a sleeve at a time. This is a trickly balancing act, finding out what works for us and what we can and can't have. We are all so different.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
The next day when we went for dim sum and I won't off plan and stayed off plan for the next three days. It is amazing to me how easy it is to use food to comfort and eat he emotions rather than feel them.
So sorry for your loss. 34 is young!! I can identify with going off plan one day and staying off plan for three days and your emotioanl eating. I had my birthday earlier this month (3 free days) then a weekend trip to my hometown (another 3 free days) and life has been super stressful since then. It is HARD getting back on track. Fun-->desire to eat. Stress-->deisre to eat. I personally think it's easier in weight loss mode because I just turn off the eating switch. In maintenance mode, I know it should be off, but it doesn't have to be off, I'll be ok if I get back on track tomorrow, etc. I still can't find the Kindle version of CSP in the US, but as soon as I can I'm on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
You're doing great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
then I decided to take up piano lessons (which I took as a child). I have to say, I love them!! It's so different from what I do at work all day (writing, math, thinking)... But it does feel incredibly indulgent to sit in a room with a piano teacher for 30 minutes and just "play". That, and pilates (still!) three times each week plus a 4-yr old, full time job, etc... I'm a busy girl.
FUN! I hope to take piano lessons one day too. Maybe when my 3 year old starts taking them?

I've been doing great during the day, but then snacking sort of uncontrollably at night. Either it needs to stop and I need to discipline my weight down a few pound, or I need to just start P1 again after life settles down a little. I know the former is the better way to go. I can't believe after a year of IP, I'm still learning about myself and my relationship to food.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Another question I'm sure has been answered at various times so again sorry for being the next newbie to ask AH-gain!

What are you using for a non IP food Phase 1 day to replace your packets? Egg whites would be a good choice?? Deli meats (not the processed ones)...??
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #100  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks for your responses on excersise.

2Ride My mom runs marathons – she says she finishes them! I’m not sure I'm there yet just want to run but she gave me the book "learning to run" that is quite interesting, I’ve lent it out to a few experienced runners I know (with great responses back). Lots of schedules for all different types of runners, beginners to marathoners.

I also have a heart rate monitor that I've always used (even 140 lbs heavier) to help me challenge my heart during cardio (used to try to exercise by my heart rate specifically instead of how I feel as I tend to push it too hard). I'm only going to have certain days that are "heavy exercise" as that's what my schedule will allow. Other days will be a brisk/moderate walk/video in the basement. Tomorrow I'm jumping on the DEATH MILL (it's a step mill that I used to love to hate hence the name) to see how I respond to that, I'm certain I can challenge my heart with THAT. Once the bum toe is healed I'm going to use the schedule in the book to get my running capabilities in order (if I can run…don’t know how the knees will respond).

Come with me? Maybe we can schedule a 5-10km run sometime in Calgary or something?

Cap so sorry
I would love to do that, I have ran a 5 k weighing way more than now so I am sure I can do it. I am excited.

Caps I am sorry to hear about your loss, it is so sad. Your friend is very lucky to have you.

Okay so Chapters here in Edmonton has the CSP books, it is $32.00 in store. So if you go to Chapters online it is only $20.00 and you can have it shipped to the store for free... now it takes a week longer than if you have it shipped to your house. So I called the store and asked why they can't give the same deal of $20.00 the poor guy said because they don't want you to shop in the stores but only online. Doesn't make sense but... I ordered it on line should be here by tomorrow... can't wait. I really believe I am carb sensitive but to what I am not sure as I rarely eat bread anymore, but still seem to gain.

Well ladies it has been an interesting week, my friend is going through a really rough time with her two dogs so to make a long story short I may be fostering one of them for a while, or maybe forever. She is just devastated about the whole thing. Her dogs have been fighting and she has two small kids so she doesn't want anyone to get hurt. Now for the test, both our dogs are very toy possessive. we will do a trial weekend and then see how it goes. Tonight we are meeting for a walk and then play time in my backyard. Keep your fingers cross that red gets along with another red dog... am a little nervous but it is the unknown that I am scared of. and to top all this off... I realized that my furnace isn't working so now have to call that in.

Have a great day everyone. Rain has stopped....
Old 05-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #101  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies checking in...doing well...finding that balance. Did my first 5K ever the other day with some of my students....really uplifting.

HOpe everyone is well.

So sorry about your friend (Cap)...34 is tragically young.

I tolerate about 50-80 carbs a day also....

Monday-Friday...

breakfast...2 eggs or greek (plain) yogurt with berries

lunch....salad with chicken and yogurt (50 calorie) dressing...low carb (3)

dinner....meat and veggie with evoo

snacks...nuts and dark chocolate....ice cream 1/2 cup 2X a week

Saturday....2 eggs breakfast, salad lunch....then martinis and apps for dinner

Sunday...like a phase 4 day.

So on Saturday I pay for those carbs with cramps and such.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #102  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Another question I'm sure has been answered at various times so again sorry for being the next newbie to ask AH-gain!

What are you using for a non IP food Phase 1 day to replace your packets? Egg whites would be a good choice?? Deli meats (not the processed ones)...??
I think people use egg whites.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #103  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Ishbel: You could either use egg whites or egg beaters for a Phase 1. I have even had 2 poached eggs. Also for exercise, I do the treadmill or eliptical and lift weights. I want to do yoga also.
I don't count carbs, just eat low carb.

Cap: I am so sorry to hear about your friend. You are wise to do a p1 to detox, but then wait until after the funeral to get going again. That is so sad and such high stress. Don't worry. You can always work off any pounds later. Food is still a form of comfort. especially under high high stress. When I have a craving, I drink lots of hot herbal tea..That is still finding comfort in food.
Sewmam: I like your picture.You must be a musician.

New Englander: Congrats on your maintenance.It is going well!

Darbs: You are doing so well! I am glad it is working for you. I like a martini now and then.

2ride: How is Red dog doing with the new dog? That is too bad about your friend having trouble with her two dogs.

Well I am surrounded by boxes. I have to move out of my room into another one. I feel unsettled and wish I did not have to deal with this as well as with the end of the year activities.
I am staying in my range, but definitely feel stressed..
Old 05-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Cap: I'm so sorry about your friend. I too find that the triggers are still there, and all we can do is deal with it the best we can. At least now, we can take a breath to recognize it and hopefully change the pattern in the future...

that tomato recipe sounds delicious!

What is this CSP plan you all are talking about?
CSP is Carb Sensitive Program-yet one more low carb plan and another nutritionist making money on what so many others have proven. You can google it and get an overview and testimonials from many who have followed it. Explains why some carbs are ok for some people but not others-even the healthy ones. Basically encourages you to experiment and see what works for you- just like we do in phase 4. Nothing earth shattering in my opinion.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
CSP is Carb Sensitive Program-yet one more low carb plan and another nutritionist making money on what so many others have proven. You can google it and get an overview and testimonials from many who have followed it. Explains why some carbs are ok for some people but not others-even the healthy ones. Basically encourages you to experiment and see what works for you- just like we do in phase 4. Nothing earth shattering in my opinion.
True the CSP book is just like phase 4. But I find it much less confusing and clearly explained.

Pat
Closed Thread